What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FF League Rules Feedback Wanted (1 Viewer)

Drop

Footballguy
This is a league that I'm thinking about for next year. I'm looking for general feedback on how well it will work and what the potential problems could be. The specific questions I have right now are how will having 2 starting RB spots with 16 teams play out, and what should the auction budget be?

The idea behind a league like this is to put much more emphasis on the draft and planning for the whole season without having to deal with weekly head to head and waiver issues.

Here is a brief summary of the major rules:

16 teams. 17 weeks total points

no trades. no pickups.

25 man rosters. auction draft.

start: QB, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF (every team must carry exactly 2 DEFs)

25 pass yd = 1, pass TD = 4, 10 rush yd = 1, rush TD = 6, 10 rec yd = 1, rec TD =6

Definitely an emphasis on players who tend to stay relatively healthy and trouble free. Bizarre about no trades and pickups though. Probably a little too extreme for my tastes.

Interesting rules. Very extreme but I wouldn't mind these rules given it's not my primary FF league. It would nice to be in a league where you didn't have the weekly headache of who to pickup/drop/trade ect.

This is a league that I'm thinking about for next year. I'm looking for general feedback on how well it will work and what the potential problems could be. The specific questions I have right now are how will having 2 starting RB spots with 16 teams play out, and what should the auction budget be?

The idea behind a league like this is to put much more emphasis on the draft and planning for the whole season without having to deal with weekly head to head and waiver issues.

Here is a brief summary of the major rules:

16 teams. 17 weeks total points

no trades. no pickups.

25 man rosters. auction draft.

start: QB, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF (every team must carry exactly 2 DEFs)

25 pass yd = 1, pass TD = 4, 10 rush yd = 1, rush TD = 6, 10 rec yd = 1, rec TD =6
I think you are succeeding in putting more emphasis on the draft because that literally is the only way to get players. I'm not sure you're achieving the goal of "planning" given that injury is essentially your greatest enemy here and I'm not sure you plan for that really.

Devil's advocate but it sounds like you may have just been trounced by someone starting Nick Foles, Zac Stacy and Keenan Allen and you're frustrated by it.

If you wanted to go in the direction of rewarding drafting, but avoiding injuries ruining season, you could always go with the team concept.

Use team quarterbacks, running backs, and tight ends. That way if there is an injury, the backup gets you points. It benefits the teams who are knowledgeable about the backup options as well. I would still draft wide receivers though because of the overall variability at the position..but you could do a team WR position as well if you wanted.

Would have to give this more thought, but I think if I were doing a 16 team, draft-only league, I might consider going with Team QB over individually named QBs. Possibly also with Team Kicker. But I'd leave the other positions as is if I did. If I did go with Team for those, I would possibly also go with the exactly 2 roster limit. This kind of draft only league is a rare situation where I think roster limits have benefit rather than just being crutches for those who can't figure out the value of players.

Potential problems will almost certainly arise from folks wanting to change your leagje rulds after your draft, using your original rules as a foundation for claims of fairness, begging to reinvent everything.

Best preventative remedy is to NOT claim AT ANY JUNCTURE that rule X or rule Y is derived from a desire to provide the ever-elusive 'fairness'.

Thanks for the responses. I have thought about the team QB concept, but I just choose not to do it that way. One reason for such deep rosters is that players will likely have to be handcuffed, if you own Mike Vick it's probably wise to get Nick Foles too. So you can effectively own a team QB spot if you want. That's one concept that I see playing out and not just with QBs, but especially with RBs. Which is why I would like to hear more from people who play in 16 team leagues with 2 starting RB spots to see how the RB player pool affects the league.

Users who are viewing this thread