What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator app draft settings question (1 Viewer)

hedzookeeper

Footballguy
12 team PPR SF TE premium

Start 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1sf,1k,1dt

Pts qb 4 points/td, rest 6 points/td

rushing yds = 0.05/yd =qb/rb/wr/te

receiving 1.0/rec = qb/rb/wr te =1.5/rec

Setting up for the draft, what do you consider optimal settings for the position adjustments for this league?

Currently settings
QB 120%
RB 150%
WR 150%
TE 115%

TIA!

Setting up for the draft, what do you consider optimal settings for the position adjustments for this league?

Currently settings
QB 120%
RB 150%
WR 150%
TE 115%

TIA!
Those settings are really more about your personal preference. With your settings you are saying you favor RBs & WRs more than QBs & TEs so your draft board will reflect that.

Personally, my goal with the DD is to create a board that closely approximates how my league draft will actually play out over the first 3 rounds. But I only play in one league (12 team, SF, PPR) for 20+ years and I have a very good idea how many QBs/RBs/WRs/TEs will be drafted in the first three rounds. We still slightly favor RBs to WRs & TEs so I drop those positions about 10 & 20%.

After round 3 it becomes the wild West so I set all the sliders to 100% (except kicker & team defense which I set to 25%) because I hope that comes closer to showing me BPA for each pick.

Then I decided on each pick if my positional needs tell me if I should go in a different direction.

Your settings will bump WRs & RBs a little bit on your board. Nothing wrong with that but that will be the net effect.

Currently settings
QB 120%
RB 150%
WR 150%
TE 115%

TIA!
The DD already adjusts positions for your league settings, so you shouldn't have to do any.

I only use the position adjustments based on if I know my league goes RB crazy or WR crazy, etc.

Currently settings
QB 120%
RB 150%
WR 150%
TE 115%

TIA!
The DD already adjusts positions for your league settings, so you shouldn't have to do any.

I only use the position adjustments based on if I know my league goes RB crazy or WR crazy, etc.

Same. I normally don't move the position adjustments at all. The default weighting is just right I believe.

Draft Dominator Classic cannot sync settings with Yahoo, like the web version can? Why not? It's a great app just needs some updates. Every year I have to go manually update the scoring settings.

Either get rid of Classic or update it, imo.

Draft Dominator Classic cannot sync settings with Yahoo, like the web version can? Why not? It's a great app just needs some updates. Every year I have to go manually update the scoring settings.

The Draft Dominator Classic is not in a position where we can make any changes. We spend a lot of money every year to keep alive as is and offer it as I know there are long time subscribers that love it.

There's a strong push among Footballguys staff to do what you're suggesting and get rid of it. I am a lonely voice saying we need to keep it for the OGs. And since I sign the checks, we keep it. But it's not a popular decision among staff as it causes them a tremendous amount of extra work to maintain two totally separate systems. But we keep doing it for the folks that love it. But it's not able to change from what it is.

The Draft Dominator Classic is not in a position where we can make any changes. We spend a lot of money every year to keep alive as is and offer it as I know there are long time subscribers that love it.

There's a strong push among Footballguys staff to do what you're suggesting and get rid of it. I am a lonely voice saying we need to keep it for the OGs. And since I sign the checks, we keep it. But it's not a popular decision among staff as it causes them a tremendous amount of extra work to maintain two totally separate systems. But we keep doing it for the folks that love it. But it's not able to change from what it is.
Thanks Joe. Please never get rid of it!

I been around these parts nigh upon twenty ought years, I reckon.

And I'll tell you what; the rest o' you old folks should do yourselves a favor and switch to the new Draft Dominator. Consider it an act of self care, which is something we all deserve.

[playsharominca]

If you understand how DD Classic works and are willing to put in the 20 minutes of time it takes to set up and leverage your past seasons data, it's vastly superior to the online version. It does things the other can't.

And since my league doesn't change scoring, all I do is open last year's file and hit Clear Teams. All the scoring is saved. But it's not that hard to retype it. If you need that sync button though, even taking the two minutes to type stuff in might be too much for you.

It's not supposed to sync. It takes 2 seconds to type in your scoring.

Speaking on behalf of the long time subscribers who love DD Classic, THANK YOU, @Joe Bryant for advocating for us! We greatly appreciate it!

Thank you and please keep it going for the old Gs like me

It's not supposed to sync. It takes 2 seconds to type in your scoring.

Look I'm fast but it doesn't take 2 seconds. Especially when you have 5+ leagues to setup drafts for.

If you understand how DD Classic works and are willing to put in the 20 minutes of time it takes to set up and leverage your past seasons data, it's vastly superior to the online version. It does things the other can't.

And since my league doesn't change scoring, all I do is open last year's file and hit Clear Teams. All the scoring is saved. But it's not that hard to retype it. If you need that sync button though, even taking the two minutes to type stuff in might be too much for you.

Good idea, thanks.

No, it's not hard. Sync button would just be quicker and it was worth mentioning to hear a response.

Thanks for the response. Knowing that's the direction, I will give the online version another shot

Thanks for the response. Knowing that's the direction, I will give the online version another shot
It takes a minute to get used to for sure. Particularly if you're the type who makes heavy modifications to the data like I was for two decades. I tried it out 4-5 years ago and the unfamiliarity made me punt back to Classic.

Two years ago I jumped in head first, didn't adjust any player data and made only minor tweaks to position values to reflect my leagues draft tendencies and won a Championship.

Last season I think I had a contender but injuries to Javonte and Lamar cost me a couple games. That's not on the DD.

At this point I won't go back to Classic. I have come to accept the hours upon hours I put into creating my own projections voodoo is no stronger than the collective voodoo of the FBGs

Now I use all that time saved to post insightful commentary and hilarious one liners in the Shark Pool.

What? You didn't expect me to dedicate that time to family or work, did you?

It takes a minute to get used to for sure. Particularly if you're the type who makes heavy modifications to the data like I was for two decades. I tried it out 4-5 years ago and the unfamiliarity made me punt back to Classic.

Two years ago I jumped in head first, didn't adjust any player data and made only minor tweaks to position values to reflect my leagues draft tendencies and won a Championship.

Last season I think I had a contender but injuries to Javonte and Lamar cost me a couple games. That's not on the DD.

At this point I won't go back to Classic. I have come to accept the hours upon hours I put into creating my own projections voodoo is no stronger than the collective voodoo of the FBGs

Now I use all that time saved to post insightful commentary and hilarious one liners in the Shark Pool.

What? You didn't expect me to dedicate that time to family or work, did you?

:hifive:

Joe,

Am I wrong or can we still not sync this to ESPN yet? I had my draft Monday night and was unable to use this tool.

Payne

Joe,

Am I wrong or can we still not sync this to ESPN yet? I had my draft Monday night and was unable to use this tool.

Payne

Unfortunately, it's still working off and on with ESPN. We're working round the clock on a new solution that is a Chrome extension that should solve it.

Users who are viewing this thread