What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Moderation Thoughts - What Do You Think? (2 Viewers)

How would you like to see the FFA moderated?

• More heavily moderated than it is now with time outs given much more frequently for unexcellent beha

Votes: 42 11.4%
  • A little more moderated than it is now with time outs given a little more frequently for unexcellent

Votes: 73 19.8%
  • Keep it like it is now

Votes: 119 32.3%
  • A little less moderated than it is now with time outs given a little less frequently for unexcellent

Votes: 63 17.1%
  • A lot less moderated than it is now with time outs given much less frequently for unexcellent behavi

Votes: 71 19.3%

• Total voters
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/738034-are-you-for-or-against-taking-in-syrian-refugees/?page=9#comment-18603022

"Those of you against: do you feel proud to have Eminence on your side?"

"Seriously, if it ever really becomes a question of not enough room Im all for letting the refugees in and kicking guys like Eminence out- white racist dudes who work at Walgreens, go to community college, live off their parents and moan and complain about our society. What good purpose do they serve? Kick them the #### out and let the ones who risk their lives getting here stay."

"Sometimes I think my use of sarcasm can be a little too subtle for some people. 

But if I am thought of as being intolerant towards Eminence I can live with that"
:lmao:

(eta: that was most un-excellent of me....)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/728355-making-america-great-again-by-destroying-the-gop-the-official-trump-thread/?page=396#comment-18950064

"You know months ago in this forum Eminence was the only Trump fan. That's how embarrassing it used to be. Even SIDA hesitated. 

Now look at you guys. You've all joined the Eminence bandwagon. Aren't you proud?"

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/742432-we-all-like-each-other-right/#comment-19030002

"No I don't like you Eminence"

@Joe Bryant

Is this an excellent way to talk about somebody? I reported most of these posts awhile back but it fell on deaf ears.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/728355-making-america-great-again-by-destroying-the-gop-the-official-trump-thread/?page=396#comment-18950080

"yes I know that some people compare me to Em. Makes me sad and disgusted. Oh well. Eminence is a racist, a homophobe, a loser in life, not very bright, and somebody who posts about his personal affairs all the time in an undeservedly bragging fashion. I do none of those things. So I don't think we're all that comparable."
That's a pretty brutal assessment.  

FTR Em, I think Tim was wrong with that post.    I don't think that you post about your personal affairs all the time.   :thumbup:

If we permanently banned 6 people, and they couldn't find their way back, the board would be pretty much flawless. I'll sell you the names for $500 each or all 6 at once for $1800. It's not the names you're thinking of.  Well, one of them is.

Tim pretty much spams every thread he is in, to the point I openly groan if he shows up in a thread I like (no offense dude). However, I've never once seen him attack another poster or even really be nasty to anybody. He seems like a legit good guy who is also a little insane about how much he posts. 
And the people constantly complaining about him argue with him for days on end. If you dislike him so much either put him on ignore or stop arguing with him. Takes two to tango, or in Tim's case, it takes a Tim post and then 15 followers to tango. It's quite amazing. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/728355-making-america-great-again-by-destroying-the-gop-the-official-trump-thread/?page=396#comment-18950064

"You know months ago in this forum Eminence was the only Trump fan. That's how embarrassing it used to be. Even SIDA hesitated. 

Now look at you guys. You've all joined the Eminence bandwagon. Aren't you proud?"

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/742432-we-all-like-each-other-right/#comment-19030002

"No I don't like you Eminence"

I'm sorry buddy, but.....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/722992-timschochets-thread-my-100-favorite-novels-24-the-fountainhead-by-ayn-rand/?page=256#comment-18952475

"But short insults are NOT fine. Leave it for the other threads. I am not criticizing anybody in particular; I'm as guilty as anybody else. I couldn't help making fun of Eminence yesterday, for instance. But that's not what THIS thread is about. I'd also like to avoid discussion of conspiracy issues. There's plenty of room for that in other threads as well."

Tim shoehorns his political agenda into every thread. And it's usually on page 1 or 2 of whatever the shooting thread of the week is. It's no different than what Jon MX got a timeout for today. Guess Jon was just unlucky in his timing.

And I agree Tim should just be ignored most of the time which I do. But he is so incessantly machine like in posting the same political diarrhea in every thread that it is difficult to avoid.

/rant over

I think he's doing a good job of making his point. Also, a request by Joe. 
Eminence whining about how he is treated as a result of his own attempts to bring this exact kind of attention to himself is like me whining about how I am treated in religious threads.

It comes with the territory.

Em created this character and reputation, he sought this attention...

I have 2 comments.

- Language filter. It should be an option in the user profile. This isn't kindergarten and we don't need to be shielded from bad language. 

- Consistency in the length of timeouts has been a problem and makes no sense currently. I can get a month for saying the f word and then six months later only get 24 hours for explicitly detailing what I would do sexually to Kate Upton. 

I thought spamming was against the rules? 
I'm just posting a bunch like Tim does. I wonder if there is parity in moderation, I'll get a pass for it.

Excuse me. I'm just trying to bring up a few instances where moderation could have served to been ratcheted up and adding credibility to other people who listed Tim as a nuisance.

I don't think I "spam" threads. But I get that there are people who follow me around and complain about every thread I post in. I'm sorry about that. It makes me hesitate to post these days. In the Baton Rouge thread I didn't post for several hours. When I finally did somebody attacked me- not what I wrote, but me personally. When I defended myself, Rambling Wreck posted that "once again" I was trying to make the thread all about me. And so it goes. 

I enjoy being here because there are people I like to discuss and debate issues with. But I also don't want to mess things up for everybody else if everytime I post in a thread we have to deal with 3-4 guys always trying to chase me out of it. If the moderators, or the majority around here, regard me as a problem I will leave. 
You can never just post your opinion and move on.  You post it over and over and over until the other person runs out of time responding and you wear them down.  Every single tragedy thread that gets started, within two pages you are going to make it political one way or another.  There are plenty of political threads to do that.  You know this already but claim your innocence anyway.

You can call me out by name but I'm not even in your top tier of people that give a crap about you.  I think you're a smart guy but I think you do a lot of trolling too.  

Those insulting comments towards Em should have been moderated out.   People can laugh about them all they want--but those aren't "takes"--those are plain mean spirited unnecessary comments.   I probably don't agree with a ton of the things that Em says--but I certainly don't use that as an excuse to make personal attacks.  That's just my opinion.  

I think the modding here is mostly fine, although I think certain persons are allowed to troll and/or get away with offensive statements far too often, but that's life here in 2016 on this forum, I suppose. 

joe, 

i voted a little less moderated.. this is a mostly anonymous message board, so many people have keyboard muscles.  I think if you are here, you know this by now and need to have some thick skin.  if crap gets real lifey and personal, that crosses the line, but differing opinions and poking with sticks is part of the game.  I would rather the thin skinned be culled.  

chem x

p.s. - bringing back member numbers would solve many issues.

What are you going to give him a timeout for?  Posting too much?  Writing too many words in a post?  I don't think I've ever seen him write anything disrespectful which is rather amazing considering the amount of insults that are thrown at him.   You're clearly one of the guys that doesn't like him as a poster so just put him on ignore.  You'll never have to read a single thing of his again.
Eminence posted above a bunch of direct quotes by Tim calling Eminence a racist.

I'm not taking sides in this Em/Tim beef, but it appears he has a legitimate complaint.

I assume Em reports people, so why wasn't Tim ever suspended? Can I say that stuff to others? I've been warned for far less.

This goes back to my post of moderation being vague.

I'm not taking sides in this Em/Tim beef, but it appears he has a legitimate complaint.

I assume Em reports people, so why wasn't Tim ever suspended? Can I say that stuff to others? I've been warned for far less.

This goes back to my post of moderation being vague.
Tim has been suspended before.  Anyway, I get the impression that Em might be like the boy who called "wolf".

Users who are viewing this thread