What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**FFA POKER** (1 Viewer)

Just a quick note.... Brainstorming for ideas on how to be better organized re payouts etc isn't a bad idea. Thoughts?

Just a quick note.... Brainstorming for ideas on how to be better organized re payouts etc isn't a bad idea. Thoughts?
One person collects, then pays out accordingly. Or... maybe we create some kind of slush fund that everyone pays into weekly, then the person who controls that pays out nightly?

One person collects, then pays out accordingly. Or... maybe we create some kind of slush fund that everyone pays into weekly, then the person who controls that pays out nightly?
In theory I live the slush fund idea and wouldn't even need to pay out nightly. Just move things around on a spreadsheet for a week or month. The problem is that Cav is our guy for this sort of thing and seemed to want out of the banking (correct me if I'm wrong). Not sure who else we would trust that actually wants to do all this.

The other thing we could do is setup standards. You have 24 hrs to settle. If 2nd gets 20, 1st gets rest, 3rd place always pay 2nd, rest pay 1st. That way you can figure out during tourney and just pay based on your finish. Not sure if that makes it easier or harder tho.

comfortably numb said:
took 2nd in 10PM tourney
piedade1936@hotmail.com

took 3rd in 2nd tourney.

Did that pay 3rd?

If not i am +10 from someone
No, only 7 players in the 2nd...paid 1/2

I had to quit(wife!) so smurf and I split.

Pay Smurf:

GODZNUTZ

MACKERELLORD

FDAS

Pay Nugs:

Penguin

Oats

Any questions, lemme know. Night fellas.
I got my 10 from someone, I assume you and I break even?

comfortably numb said:
took 2nd in 10PM tourney
piedade1936@hotmail.comtook 3rd in 2nd tourney.

Did that pay 3rd?

No, only 7 players in the 2nd...paid 1/2I had to quit(wife!) so smurf and I split.

Pay Smurf:

GODZNUTZ

MACKERELLORD

FDAS

Pay Nugs:

Penguin

Oats

How so?

got_nugs said:
prhof14 said:
took 1st prhof14@gmail.com
I just sent $10.

Smurf/Trogg if you guys haven't paid up yet, direct towards Penguin/CN.

everyone else prhof14, cool?
I sent mine to the other fella...did I forget about another tenner somewhere? It's certainly possible.

comfortably numb said:
took 2nd in 10PM tourney

Did that pay 3rd?

No, only 7 players in the 2nd...paid 1/2I had to quit(wife!) so smurf and I split.

Pay Smurf:

GODZNUTZ

MACKERELLORD

FDAS

Pay Nugs:

Penguin

Oats

How so?
you pay me 10 for winning 2nd in 1st tourney I pay you 10 for winning 10 in 2nd?

comfortably numb said:
took 2nd in 10PM tourney

Did that pay 3rd?

Pay Smurf:

GODZNUTZ

MACKERELLORD

FDAS

Pay Nugs:

Penguin

Oats

How so?
you pay me 10 for winning 2nd in 1st tourney I pay you 10 for winning 10 in 2nd?
. I already forwarded my 10 to 1st place last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a suggestion:

Make a Google Shared Document and each person in the "club" gets a line with their name on it. Each tourney is added to a column that includes Date, Game, and entry fee. Each player marks on the spreadsheet in the cell next to their name the entry fee that corresponds with the tourney when it starts. If you cash, replace the entry fee with the amount you are owed in total. So a five person $10 NL tourney with Winner Take all would have 4 cells saying "-10" and one entry saying "50". People playing in the tourney carry a responsibility to make sure that everyone who played has marked the sheet with their entry fee.

Total each row in a column so everyone can see their running total. Once a week or month or whatever, make an announcement that it's time to settle up within 7 days. Those with a negative amount send it to one designated person who is then responsible for sending out the correct amounts to those with a positive amount. Those that do not settle within a weak are removed from the club, mocked on the board, and generally banished like heathens. Anyone with a balance greater than negative 50 needs to send funds to the designated person before being allowed to play anymore.

I think in your example you would put 40 instead of 50 so it nets 0, but I got the point.
Total the columns at the top as well right below the tourney info. When the tourney concludes it should total 0 since there will be entry fees equal to the payout. If it equals a positive number then someone didn't put in their entry. If it enters a negative number then the players that cashed have not made the proper adjustments.

I'm down for another $10 tourny tonight @ 9 if we can get some people together --- I propose that we send the money to someone in advance before we start.

I'm down for another $10 tourny tonight @ 9 if we can get some people together --- I propose that we send the money to someone in advance before we start.
I'll be around too. This hasn't been a problem for weeks until the last few nights. Not sure where the disconnect is....I post the winners and who pays what to whom whenever i'm around. I don't understand how hard it is to know that you didnt win and pay whoever did?

That said, I think you're right.

comfortably numb said:
took 2nd in 10PM tourney
piedade1936@hotmail.com

took 3rd in 2nd tourney.

Did that pay 3rd?

No, only 7 players in the 2nd...paid 1/2

I had to quit(wife!) so smurf and I split.

Pay Smurf:

GODZNUTZ

MACKERELLORD

FDAS

Pay Nugs:

Penguin

Oats

need smurf email
bump
PM ballstein for his PP addy.

Lets go Rays O!

I'll be around too. This hasn't been a problem for weeks until the last few nights. Not sure where the disconnect is....I post the winners and who pays what to whom whenever i'm around. I don't understand how hard it is to know that you didnt win and pay whoever did?

I think some people drink and think "i'll handle it in the morning" and then suddenly it becomes a mess to keep up with. Add in that one game after another gets started, some people chase, etc.

I think some people drink and think "i'll handle it in the morning" and then suddenly it becomes a mess to keep up with. Add in that one game after another gets started, some people chase, etc.
Yeah, you're right. It happens.

BTW you owe me $10. :lol:

If you see Dought Man, he owes me $100. Shocker that it hasn't been paid for, yet.

comfortably numb said:
took 2nd in 10PM tourney

Did that pay 3rd?

Pay Smurf:

GODZNUTZ

MACKERELLORD

FDAS

Pay Nugs:

Penguin

Oats

How so?
Sorry, I was on the phone trying to splain this earlier...I already took care of my $10 for that 1st game (as noted after by prhof) so us swapping tens can't happen. You owe me $10 and Oats does too for the 2nd game. I'd take a free drink in AC this summer as payment but SOMEONE doesn't wanna reschedule plans to cornhole....so pay up!

ETA-There were 9 players in that 1st game. 60/20/10. You'd be keeping your entry as $10 of that...so you'd only be getting $10 extra. Aren't you a demigod at spreadsheets?

comfortably numb said:
took 2nd in 10PM tourney

Did that pay 3rd?

Pay Smurf:

GODZNUTZ

MACKERELLORD

FDAS

Pay Nugs:

Penguin

Oats

need smurf email
bump
PM ballstein for his PP addy.Lets go Rays O!
If you get a hold of him tell him be still owes me $10

Users who are viewing this thread