What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFL and Injuries > Adapting Fantasy to the rise in injuries (1 Viewer)

What should be done to FF structure to combat this injury trend?

• Deeper Benches will allow teams to stage more options

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • More Flex spots to help fight weakness at certain positions

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing should be changed

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

[icon]

Insoxicated
Was thinking about this today as commish of several fantasy leagues.. how do I plan on adapting the game, if at all, to the seeming massive increase in injuries in the game?

As the game moved from a bellcow back league to a pass-heavy league, I've moved many of my leagues to PPR scoring, with added roster flexibility... for example, 1RB / 2WR / 2 FLEX. Options like this have served well to match the change in league dynamics.

What can/should be done to fantasy football going forward to account for this trend? Deeper benches allow teams to better structure themselves for this, but it can leave the wire barren. Adjusting roster slots to be more flex heavy can offset positional hits, but at what point is it too much?

NOTE: This is designed for the most popular leagues... 10-12 team redraft or keep 1-ish type leagues that make up the majority of fantasy football leagues around the country. If you have thoughts based on other formats (Dynasty, deeper leagues, etc) please feel free to share them as well. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Automatic Injury Substitution - Owners not only specify their starting lineup, but they also specify an injury sub for each position type (QB, RB, WR, Flex, ...). If a starter is injured in [first quarter | first half] and does not return to the game, the sub is automatically used, without regard for points scored or any other factor.

Advanced Feature: allow owners to disable injury subs / specify the quarter in which the swap would take effect (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, no-swap).

This would obviously require some support from the website being used to host the league, but I think it would be a great differentiating factor for that site.

Only have one mandatory RB starter and add a flex. With all the injuries trades should be flying a bit more as long as there is a flex.

Users who are viewing this thread