What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (1 Viewer)

Are there really that many more people getting into dynasty or something? Or does the average person have 10-20 dynasty leagues these days? The FFPC has thousands of dynasty leagues and hundreds more out there every year.

You’d think it would hit a breaking point at some point where with all these new leagues and so many jumping ship each year they will eventually fail on filling these awful teams. Amazing they have never folded a league yet…

You’d think it would hit a breaking point at some point where with all these new leagues and so many jumping ship each year they will eventually fail on filling these awful teams. Amazing they have never folded a league yet…
It's a complete mystery. It's impressive.
I'm actually calling BS on some if it thought. There has had to have been a situation where nobody bought a team and the FFPC had to take control of the team themselves.

I tell myself that each year.

I tell myself that each year.
I saw a team with zero players I wouldn't cut, and no current draft picks.
That's a situation i'd consider taking over just for the challenge, but I'd still need at least the first two years free of charge.

Are there really that many more people getting into dynasty or something? Or does the average person have 10-20 dynasty leagues these days? The FFPC has thousands of dynasty leagues and hundreds more out there every year.
According to fantasymojo.com there were 942 dynasty leagues on the FFPC platform going into the 2022 offseason. I don't know how many startups were added but I doubt it was 100s. The point still stands, though, it is remarkable they keep filling.

1QB - 527 leagues
SF - 185
1QB BB - 64
SF BB - 76
Triflex - 65
Triflex BB - 25

There needs to be an option to swap teams with someone else. I've got decent teams where I'm tired of the league or sick of the format (I prefer Triflex or superflex to single QB leagues), and, since selling the team is difficult, I would gladly swap one of mine for someone else's if the teams are comparable and we each prefer the others' format.

There needs to be an option to swap teams with someone else. I've got decent teams where I'm tired of the league or sick of the format (I prefer Triflex or superflex to single QB leagues), and, since selling the team is difficult, I would gladly swap one of mine for someone else's if the teams are comparable and we each prefer the others' format.
That's .........a very interesting idea.

I’m not specifically looking for a new dynasty league AND I’m especially not interested in joining a new league with randoms, but if most of the folks in our current SharkPool FFPC league And/or some other regulars here, are interested in a new dynasty league, I’d be game for a different dynasty format than the 1QB we currently have going. Like a superflex. That said, I’m not volunteering to wrangle this list of 12 folks but maybe someone here is interested and my post is the spark they needed ;)

I’m not specifically looking for a new dynasty league AND I’m especially not interested in joining a new league with randoms, but if most of the folks in our current SharkPool FFPC league And/or some other regulars here, are interested in a new dynasty league, I’d be game for a different dynasty format than the 1QB we currently have going. Like a superflex. That said, I’m not volunteering to wrangle this list of 12 folks but maybe someone here is interested and my post is the spark they needed ;)
As long as you allow me to buy the #1 draft slot..........kidding....... maybe

The Triflex is 🙂
I’d love to give that a shot, but can’t get myself to click “join” for another random FFPC since I’m now spoiled with the SharkPool leageue we have. Once they open up their new dynasty leagues this/next month, maybe we can rally some troops to form a new triflex dynasty league of SharkPoolers.

Did another Never Too Early Sit N Go draft, but the $35 SuperFlex version. Once again, no strong defense here but I don't hate it:

Dak, Stafford, Ridder
CMC, R White, J Cook, Gibson, Abanikanda, D Vaughn
Deebo, Pittman, Aiyuk, Doubs, Boutte, Claypool, A Pierce, Slayton
Andrews, Gesicki, Otton

Zero QB correlation but I've got the SF mini stack and Pittman/Pierce. I know absolutely nothing about the two rookie backs.

The can afford to eat bad teams because their payout % is so low. And presumably for each new league they'll probably have 2-3 years of fully raking the excess entry fees before a team gets crappy enough to sell for $1.

They aren't losing too much when a team sells for 1 dollar cause they keep the deposit, but man, who is buying these teams????? Even for free, who??

BSOL is primary nom de guerre in dynasty, (from a fav movie Life Of Brian (BrightSideOfLife)).

Last edited:
Joined another 2hr $125 never too early, 4 spots left
I just joined one with 4 spots left... #53495...same one?
Yep, GL!
Which one are you?! I don't recognize the handles

BSOL is my primary nom de guerre in dynasty, took it from one of my fav movies Life Of Brian (BrightSideOfLife). While drafting I often use the name of a Beatles song, but in the end I usually change it. For redraft I've decided to just go ahead and use it right off the bat.

hey, maybe you guys can collude your way to a championship!!!!!!

(kidding)

Here is my 1QB Never Too Early 2 hour slow draft results (from the one I was in with @menobrown):

Lamar, Love, Ridder
Pollard, R White, Monty, Gibson, K Miller, Hasty, TDP
Tyreek, C Watson, Burks, Dotson, Gabe, Doubs, Slayton
Andrews, Everett, AlbertO

Meno wanna share yours?

:blackdot:

The FFPC has Dynasty leagues?
I played in the redrafts when they first launched but in recent years have not participated
When did the FFPC first launch?

I played in the redrafts when they first launched but in recent years have not participated

Pretty sure the folks who started FFPC used to run World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF). They sold WCOFF, the new owners were terrible, and the old WCOFF guys started FFPC.

My friends and I started with WCOFF main event teams in the 2000s but went with FFPC in 2011 and have done it ever since.

Here is my 1QB Never Too Early 2 hour slow draft results (from the one I was in with @menobrown):

Lamar, Love, Ridder

Meno wanna share yours?
Not really, lol.

Feel pretty meh on my team. This draft actually finished a little bit before my 6 hour slow draft which started 10 days earlier so this qualifies as my first completed draft of the new 2023 season. I enjoy the first few drafts and getting a lay for the new land and I usually come out of these drafts with an idea on where I need to focus on some positions and I see that I'm going to need to come up with a better plan at QB going forward. I can look at the ADP on Mojo's site so I knew they went early but they still went a little earlier in then I anticipated in both my drafts and some QB's I thought I had in my rear pocket to obtain a little after the top flight guys I was not able to get either.

For other people's information as luck would have it me and Barack ended up drafting next to each other, 4 and 5 spots. I do think we did not step on each other to much, I may never have taken a player you would have taken one pick in front of you. You did twice, Dotson and Andrews though on Andrews I was almost pulling for it as I did not want to start TE/TE, but I was going to if he was left.

I'm heavy on rookies, was the plan and did it in both of my drafts and specifically trying to target rookie RB's and TE's but mainly late. Those are more swing for the fences moves but must say it adds to fun of the actual draft and the process leading up to it and kind of cool when I can already start having a stake in some of these players.

Tua, Rodgers, Pickett

Hall, Jacobs, Kamara, Hunt, Zach Evans, K Mcintosh, Eric Gray

Deebo, Godwin, Pickens, Bateman, E Moore, A Pierce, Parris

Kelce, Kincaid, Kraft

Joined another 2hr $125 never too early, 4 spots left
I just joined one with 4 spots left... #53495...same one?
Yep, GL!
Which one are you?! I don't recognize the handles

BSOL is my primary nom de guerre in dynasty, took it from one of my fav movies Life Of Brian (BrightSideOfLife). While drafting I often use the name of a Beatles song, but in the end I usually change it. For redraft I've decided to just go ahead and use it right off the bat.

hey, maybe you guys can collude your way to a championship!!!!!!

(kidding)
reported
(kidding)

Pretty sure the folks who started FFPC used to run World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF). They sold WCOFF, the new owners were terrible, and the old WCOFF guys started FFPC.

My friends and I started with WCOFF main event teams in the 2000s but went with FFPC in 2011 and have done it ever since.
The owners of the FFPC were original players in the WCOFF, like me(and maybe you) but I do not believe they ever had an ownership stake in the WCOFF.

The WCOFF was sold after a few years and things went downhill in a hurry. Before WCOFF totally shuttered the people who founded and run the FFPC(Alex and Dave) I believe saw the way things were heading and new a lot of the gripes people had. I want to say the e-mail I got telling me about the FFPC was billing it as For Players by Players. I may be making this up but I thought part of that was that WCOFF was trying to go big time, bringing in a bunch of celebs to draft and FFPC was trying to show itself as the event created by similar high stakes players for fellow high stakes player. That seemed to be the message I got anyway.

The previous season I had entered a $5k draft with WCOFF and can't recall specifics at all why I had to to ask out of the league but I was told someone was in line to take my spot so they were good with it. But it took me months and literally a threatening letter from my attorney before I ever got my $5K refunded. So when I got the email telling me about FFPC, billing itself as For Players and the such it was an easy transtion for me and I've been entering their contest since the beginning. Also though the format was cool, TE's getting the bonus, getting to start 4 RB's, etc.

I'd add I have always credited Dave from the FFPC for being the main person that got me into dynasty and I think he's the guy who should credit for bringing dynasty to FFPC. But the year before the FFPC started doing dynasty he posted on what used to a very lively message board in the FFPC he had an opening in a dynasty league. That was my first experience with it and I was hooked.

Lamar, Love, Ridder

Meno wanna share yours?
Not really, lol.

Feel pretty meh on my team. This draft actually finished a little bit before my 6 hour slow draft which started 10 days earlier so this qualifies as my first completed draft of the new 2023 season. I enjoy the first few drafts and getting a lay for the new land and I usually come out of these drafts with an idea on where I need to focus on some positions

For other people's information as luck would have it me and Barack ended up drafting next to each other, 4 and 5 spots. I do think we did not step on each other to much, I may never have taken a player you would have taken one pick in front of you. You did twice, Dotson and Andrews though on Andrews I was almost pulling for it as I did not want to start TE/TE, but I was going to if he was left.
I think Bateman was the only one that was at least on my list because of Lamar/Andrews but even if I could have got him I'm not sure I would have. But yeah I like getting the lay of the land in a live fashion myself (or slow - I just mean as opposed to mocks).

I'm behind my usual curve on the rookie class and need to dive into that research before doing any more new drafts. I have a 2hour slow going with @NE_REVIVAL and we were gonna share afterwards to discuss. I'm in the 17th of a 6 hour slow that was the first one I started.

I'm in the 17th of a 6 hour slow that was the first one I started.
My 6 hour slow draft took 16 days. I honestly don't think I've ever had a startup, with trades and all that stuff to work out, that took 16 days. I had b2b picks and would not pick for days after I made a pick. I'm 100% out on that for rest of year, maybe for ever.

The owners of the FFPC were original players in the WCOFF, like me(and maybe you) but I do not believe they ever had an ownership stake in the WCOFF.

The WCOFF was sold after a few years and things went downhill in a hurry. Before WCOFF totally shuttered the people who founded and run the FFPC(Alex and Dave) I believe saw the way things were heading and new a lot of the gripes people had. I want to say the e-mail I got telling me about the FFPC was billing it as For Players by Players. I may be making this up but I thought part of that was that WCOFF was trying to go big time, bringing in a bunch of celebs to draft and FFPC was trying to show itself as the event created by similar high stakes players for fellow high stakes player. That seemed to be the message I got anyway.

The previous season I had entered a $5k draft with WCOFF and can't recall specifics at all why I had to to ask out of the league but I was told someone was in line to take my spot so they were good with it. But it took me months and literally a threatening letter from my attorney before I ever got my $5K refunded. So when I got the email telling me about FFPC, billing itself as For Players and the such it was an easy transtion for me and I've been entering their contest since the beginning. Also though the format was cool, TE's getting the bonus, getting to start 4 RB's, etc.

I'd add I have always credited Dave from the FFPC for being the main person that got me into dynasty and I think he's the guy who should credit for bringing dynasty to FFPC. But the year before the FFPC started doing dynasty he posted on what used to a very lively message board in the FFPC he had an opening in a dynasty league. That was my first experience with it and I was hooked.

I think we both might be right. It seems at least one of the original WCOFF guys was involved with launching FFPC, but he's no longer with them, and it's Alex and Dave now.

I remember we bailed on WCOFF when it was clear that winners from the previous season were having trouble getting paid. (My memory might be off, but I feel like WCOFF had expanded into fantasy baseball, and basically they were using funds from baseball entries to pay for the football winners, and not enough baseball money was coming in.)

My first FFPC dynasty was an orphan I took over in 2017.

And Depot takes 20% of every sale?? I can see 10% from the seller, but they also charge 10% to the buyer???? WTF????
And they don't even toggle the percentages between the lower sale and higher sales. Who the hell is gonna buy or sell a $2500 team and pay 250 off the top to buy AND sell it??
Doesn't seem like a sustainable business model. Call me crazy.

That said, I'm about to buy a super cheap team on Depot and begin a mega rebuild. I'm stupid.

Ok I had to do one more Never Too Early BB tourney since it was live and Friday night. Sharp room. I drew the 1.01

J Herbert, Cousins, Lance
R White, K Herbert, Mattison, Abanikanda, CEH, TDP, Hull
Jefferson, Deebo, Keenan, Aiyuk, Palmer, Shaheed, Slayton
Hockenson, Everett, AlbertO

I actually kind of love this one but RBs need to hit.

And Depot takes 20% of every sale?? I can see 10% from the seller, but they also charge 10% to the buyer???? WTF????
And they don't even toggle the percentages between the lower sale and higher sales. Who the hell is gonna buy or sell a $2500 team and pay 250 off the top to buy AND sell it??

That said, I'm about to buy a super cheap team on Depot and begin a mega rebuild. I'm stupid.
you can buy one (or more) of my crappy cheap teams and do it privately without fees. just an idea.

you can buy one (or more) of my crappy cheap teams and do it privately without fees. just an idea.
At least buying cheap the fees are cheap. I bought a $250 team for 30 bucks. So, fees 3 bucks.

Engram, Henry, Irv Smith, Hurst
I think he is a great buy low right now
I’ve been wondering about people’s thoughts on him. I believe I posted something in his thread asking as much. I also think he’s a good buy low.
In FFPC with only 14 skill position keepers, I don’t see how he makes the cut thats coming on March 31st. Your roster would have to be absolutely horrible for him to make that cut. I see him more as a “draft in the late rounds of the rookie draft as a what-the-heck flyer“ and then see if anything magical happens to him between the rookie draft in May and the next cut down right before the season starts.

I’ve been wondering about people’s thoughts on him. I believe I posted something in his thread asking as much. I also think he’s a good buy low.
In FFPC with only 14 skill position keepers, I don’t see how he makes the cut thats coming on March 31st. Your roster would have to be absolutely horrible for him to make that cut. I see him more as a “draft in the late rounds of the rookie draft as a what-the-heck flyer“ and then see if anything magical happens to him between the rookie draft in May and the next cut down right before the season starts.
I know it’s a FFPC thread but I wasn’t thinking about that when I posted about Irv.

Irv is the kinda guy I am going after in my super mega rebuild where I don't plan to be able win a game all year. The guys with some upside that can be had for a future 6th or whatever, like the Terrace Marshalls of the world, Irv Smith, and the dozen or so other guys who are young, have talent, but have done nothing yet and will probably be cut.
My mega super rebuild roster still has space for like three more of these kinds of guys, even before cuts.
I don't think I need guys like Jarvis Landry, mack hollins, Marvin Jones..........

All my dynasty leagues say the rookie draft starts May 30 at 8 pm ET. I'm guessing that's probably just a placeholder and they'll change it, but I actually wouldn't mind if that's the actual date. Previous years has always been Mother's Day weekend, which was annoying.

All my dynasty leagues say the rookie draft starts May 30 at 8 pm ET. I'm guessing that's probably just a placeholder and they'll change it, but I actually wouldn't mind if that's the actual date. Previous years has always been Mother's Day weekend, which was annoying.
Same with me. I hope they offset them a little bit like they said they would.

I believe that post is from a year ago. Certainly not rosterable anymore. I would hope.

I believe that post is from a year ago. Certainly not rosterable anymore. I would hope.
He’s roster worthy until we see where he lands.

I'm just saying in FFPC I don't consider him rosterable. I was high on him before the injury now I care less. If he hits I'll pick him for free off waivers later.

I'm just saying in FFPC I don't consider him rosterable. I was high on him before the injury now I care less. If he hits I'll pick him for free off waivers later.
Someone might beat you to him, but my guess is that you don’t care.

So for you FFPC folks and these small rosters, where do you rank these tight ends? How high would you be willing to draft them knowing how tight end careers generally start out?

Someone might beat you to him, but my guess is that you don’t care.
In FFPC we cut down on March 31st. Standard leagues cut down is to 16 but you always have to have a valid starting lineup so those 16 include K, D and nothing like an option to not carry a QB. So 14 position players max.

Were you say he's roster worthy until we see where he lands the reality is he's not roster worthy right now unless he lands somewhere really positive. That's all semantics really since the cut down date is after he'll have likely signed and you don't have to make any moves right now.

That being said, for reasons I don't know and preach against every year, some people will start cutting players way before the deadline and Irv has already been cut in several, half, of my FFPC leagues. I don't agree with that, doubt he lands in place I'd value him as a keeper, but he's at least got a punchers chance of landing somehwere that someone would put some value on him.

Users who are viewing this thread