What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Final Letterman shows (1 Viewer)

joey said:
Really enjoyed the finale.

Great combo of montages of great past moments, excellent final Top 10, and Dave sincerely thanking everyone from the show and his family. That reserved level of sentimentality is exactly in line with the person Dave has shown us over the years. No pretense. No schmaltz. Was anyone expecting him to cry or something? I thought it was a great send off.
Likewise, haven't watched in a long time (missed the launching himself onto a wall with a velcro suit-era, maybe expected a few more like that from the montages), wish I had watched the last week.

Wish the late Hiram Bullock (barefoot guitarist from the original "World's Most Dangerous Band"*) had been able to be there, of course Paul and also bassist Will Lee were original members.

* James Brown from '82 (Steve Jordan on drums)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4m_dv5Z7hg

Last edited by a moderator:
The funniest thing I ever saw him do was the skit where he was directing the waiter and had him deliver a glass of water with his thumb in it. The diner complained saying that his finger was in the water and Dave had the waiter correct her saying it wasn't his finger but it was his thumb.
That was a top 10 Letterdude moment for me.Rupert Gee was the waiter. "We don't know what the hell we're doing here. We're just playing grab ### in the kitchen."
Turns out this scene was replayed during the penultimate episode last Tuesday. I finally watched it last night. I will keep this on the DVR for a while. I remembered the line pretty good from 19 and a half years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread