What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Survivor of 2022 - PDSL (1 Viewer)

Sigmund checked in and made his second pick and has requested Rondale Moore as his replacement pick. As an inexperienced MFL Commish, I did not see how to add Moore to his roster. Could @BassNBrew @-OZ- @Duckboy@OldMilwaukeeeither guide me or just act as owner and make that pick?

I will delay making my next pick for a bit to enable this correction to be made.
Looks like someone got it. Yer-up. 

@OldMilwaukeeI am so, so sorry guys.  I missed the swing back and just saw I timed out.  I'll take Boston Scott if that is OK.

Going to put the rest on auto.  Apologies, again.

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB329.2-5.09

Watson, Deshaun CLE QB‐-7.09

Any of the 17 weeks that both guys play, I expect a top 5 score. I hope both guys combined will give me a starter each week to cover injuries and suspensions. 

Benjamin, Eno ARI RB28.0-16.08

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB345.8-1.09

Hunt, Kareem CLE RB (Q)108.0-6.08

Johnson, D'Ernest CLE RB104.1-14.08

Jones, Aaron GBP RB231.0-2.08

If healthy, Ekeler and Jones should be a top duo in this league.  Hunt/Johnson as RB3 and both have high potential ceiling. Hopefully Eno becomes Connor injury replacement or atleast a good portion of an AZ split.

Burks, Treylon FA WR (R)‐-9.09

Jefferson, Van LAR WR168.2-12.08

Jennings, Jauan SFO WR82.2-18.08

Moore, Elijah NYJ WR138.2-4.08

Peoples-Jones, Donovan CLE WR111.7-11.09

Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR247.8-3.09

Wesley, Antoine ARI WR57.8-19.09

Lots of questions here. Love Waddle in dynasty, but no one knows for sure what piece of the pie the WRs are going to get in Miami. A fan of Moore, but let's see how he connects with his QB. Like Burks, but we will see where he lands and if the on the field guy in college shows up on the NFL field. He could have a special rookie year, but also really need to work on and refine his game in years 2+.  Jefferson will have some role in LA. Peoples-Jones, Jennings and Wesley upsides especially if they can flourish in expanded roles and in 2 cases with new QBs.

Higbee, Tyler LAR TE (Q)177.5-10.08

Kmet, Cole CHI TE151.2-8.08

Almost feels like punt with high upside,  but after about the top 5 TE the remainder kind of feels that way no matter what.

Fairbairn, Ka'imi HOU PK58.0-17.09

Hopkins, Dustin LAC PK130.0-13.09

Meh

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Sacks plus what else? This could really be a year when Tomlin's defense expertise rises again simply because it is absolutely needed.

I’ll write up more later, but 5 rookies out of 20 players is a totally safe, secure, smart plan. Right? 🤔 :bag:

CURRENT ROSTER

Corral, Matt FA QB

Lance, Trey SFO QB

Stafford, Matthew LAR QB

- steady but not quite elite (for FF) QB1 paired with a high upside player who we haven’t seen yet. Coral was simply a last round flier, don’t expect much if anything from him. Should net an above average starter most weeks. 

Barkley, Saquon NYG RB

Robinson, James JAC RB

Swift, D'Andre DET RB

Williams, Kyren FA RB

- I have zero confidence in this group but if the giants trade Barkley I’ll be thrilled (possibly but not expected), both teams should be improved this year either way. Speaking of teams which should improve, Jags could be sneaky this year  there’s a good chance Robinson loses a lot of touches to Etienne, but he’s among the better RB2s (real league, probably an rb4 in ff). Karen is simply a dart throw. 

Bateman, Rashod BAL WR

Claypool, Chase PIT WR

Godwin, Chris TBB WR

Moore, Skyy FA WR

Pittman, Michael IND WR

Wilson, Garrett FA WR

- If Godwin is healthy most of the year I like this group a lot. Claypool isn’t solid but Mitch will throw deeper than Ben did last year and juju is gone, so I think he’s a very good 3.  Ryan should be good for Pittman. Then there’s the 3 upside picks.  This group could either be awesome or awesomely bad.

McBride, Trey FA TE

Tremble, Tommy CAR TE

Uzomah, C.J. NYJ TE

- 🤢 waited entirely too long on TE.  I’ll be lucky to get a few points a game from this trio. 

Bullock, Randy TEN PK

Tucker, Justin BAL PK

- two dudes with jobs, one is the best in the league (top 3 at least).  

Raiders, Las Vegas LVR Def

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

- just hoping the Titans D continues to perform like last year, and while I have no reason for it, I actually like the Raiders a lot. Very tough division, matchups won’t be great here for either team for most of the year really. In hindsight probably should have taken a defense like Carolina with better matchups. 🤷

when these first started I had some success, but lately I’ve completely bombed in this format. We’ll see how this year goes. Definitely not confident. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Team rzrback77 thoughts following the draft

Quarterback - I came into the draft planning to wait because several of the top QBs for 2021 are with new teams and others have vastly different players surrounding them and it seemed to me to muddy the water about the top tier quarterbacks. Alas, only four had been drafted as my fifth round selection approached, so I decided to wait. Then, before my next pick at 6.12, eight more were off the board, so I almost had to take one and I settled on Derek Carr, who has been effective for the Raiders and was adding a top receiver for 2022, DaVante Adams and a new coaching staff. The other two were added late and I am hoping that I can post QB scores near the middle of the league because I spent so little draft capital.

• Carr, Derek LVR QB13 (6.12)
  • Wilson, Zach NYJ QB25 (9.05)
  • Mayfield, Baker CLE QB32 (15.05)
Running Back - I spent a lot of draft capital here, so these guys need to post scores worthy of a top five league ranking or I am in trouble. I admit that I struggled mightily on my first pick and definitely reached. It was probably a recency bias based on watching the Bengals in the playoffs combined with the improved OL acquisitions. I also ranked Gibson and Jacobs closely together and was surprised when Gibson was still available that late. Drake is a talented guy that covers a Jacobs injury and Darrel Williams seemed a bargain very late. I really like this group and was hopeful of the WR depth and best ball scoring to parcel together scores there.

Drake, Kenyan LVR RB (Q)102.5-14.12

Gibson, Antonio WAS RB235.1-3.05

Jacobs, Josh LVR RB230.0-2.12

Mixon, Joe CIN RB289.9-1.05

Williams, Darrel KCC RB196.0-18.12

Wide receivers - I expected to take more than six here, so the overall depth is lacking, particularly when there are no studs to be found. Mike Williams and Lockett have been efficient producers, but not primary targets and Lockett loses Russ, so not sure of his continued production, but those two were a decent combo in the 5th and 6th rounds. All the rest have warts. Patrick was paid well by the Broncos and adds Russ at QB, but Davis, Jones and Shepard have all generally underperformed. This group is lacking in both star power and depth.

Davis, Corey NYJ WR (Q)107.2-11.05

Jones, Marvin JAC WR180.2-8.12

Lockett, Tyler SEA WR239.4-5.05

Patrick, Tim DEN WR156.4-10.12

Shepard, Sterling NYG WR (Q)77.7-17.05

Williams, Mike LAC WR244.6-4.12

Tight End - Somehow got on the wrong end of runs here, similar to the QB position. I do like the potential of the trio and I generally waited late because of the reduced TE scoring and positional depth, but this is also not a position of strength.

Conklin, Tyler NYJ TE168.8-20.12

Henry, Hunter NEP TE189.3-7.05

Jordan, Brevin HOU TE65.8-12.12

PK - Went solo based on league wide position volatility, but wanted a better solo kicker. Two defenses, but neither is expected top tier.

McManus, Brandon DEN PK111.0-13.05

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def105.0-19.05

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def135.0-16.12

Generally disappointed in the results here, but the best ball aspect and the survivor rules sometimes allow lesser solid teams on paper to hang longer than expected. I don’t expect this team to be that outlier though.

Thankful that all of y’all joined in so that we could have a field of 16 teams. Hopeful of more feedback on the draft as this always helps everybody to understand the thoughts of the drafters, both on the pluses they chose and their thoughts on how things played out.

I especially appreciate comments from others on the individual write-ups and look forward (sort of) to the upcoming brutal critique of mine.

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB329.2-5.09

Watson, Deshaun CLE QB‐-7.09

Any of the 17 weeks that both guys play, I expect a top 5 score. I hope both guys combined will give me a starter each week to cover injuries and suspensions. 

Benjamin, Eno ARI RB28.0-16.08

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB345.8-1.09

Hunt, Kareem CLE RB (Q)108.0-6.08

Johnson, D'Ernest CLE RB104.1-14.08

Jones, Aaron GBP RB231.0-2.08

If healthy, Ekeler and Jones should be a top duo in this league.  Hunt/Johnson as RB3 and both have high potential ceiling. Hopefully Eno becomes Connor injury replacement or atleast a good portion of an AZ split.

Burks, Treylon FA WR (R)‐-9.09

Jefferson, Van LAR WR168.2-12.08

Jennings, Jauan SFO WR82.2-18.08

Moore, Elijah NYJ WR138.2-4.08

Peoples-Jones, Donovan CLE WR111.7-11.09

Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR247.8-3.09

Wesley, Antoine ARI WR57.8-19.09

Lots of questions here. Love Waddle in dynasty, but no one knows for sure what piece of the pie the WRs are going to get in Miami. A fan of Moore, but let's see how he connects with his QB. Like Burks, but we will see where he lands and if the on the field guy in college shows up on the NFL field. He could have a special rookie year, but also really need to work on and refine his game in years 2+.  Jefferson will have some role in LA. Peoples-Jones, Jennings and Wesley upsides especially if they can flourish in expanded roles and in 2 cases with new QBs.

Higbee, Tyler LAR TE (Q)177.5-10.08

Kmet, Cole CHI TE151.2-8.08

Almost feels like punt with high upside,  but after about the top 5 TE the remainder kind of feels that way no matter what.

Fairbairn, Ka'imi HOU PK58.0-17.09

Hopkins, Dustin LAC PK130.0-13.09

Meh

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Sacks plus what else? This could really be a year when Tomlin's defense expertise rises again simply because it is absolutely needed.

Love the LJax pick and Watson is a great pairing for him.

Overkill at RB IMO.  Once you had Ekeler/Jones/Hunt in tow I don't care for the 5th RB.  When you consider that it cost you a a top 1/3 defense, this was a big stumble.  I think you easily walked away from 50 points here.  I'm also curious why you went Hunt over Dillion.  

I'm not a fan of the WRs, but that's a bias that I need to work on overcoming (discounting WRs with poor QBs).  I've never understood why some guys get theirs with crappy QBs and other guy's don't.  Good chance in best ball that this group becomes quite formiddable.

Agree with you on TE.  May not be as important with scoring dropped to 1.5.  When you factor in draft position I like what you accomplished here.

REF:

5.10 Murray, Kyler ARI QB7
16.07 Willis, Malik FA QB33 
17.10 Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB34 

Should be ok, but nothing special.  Murray leads the way and anything from Willis and hopefully a traded Jimmy G will be a bonus. Liked Bass and ryheaps being happy to clean up the scraps in the 6th. 

1.10Cook, Dalvin MIN RB6
6.07 Penny, Rashaad SEA RB30
7.10 Singletary, Devin BUF RB36
19.10 Foreman, D'Onta CAR RB76

Ignored the position after securing the top three thru 7 rounds. Rolling the dice they stay healthy.  Just couldn’t pull the trigger on just securing another “body”.  Hope I don’t regret passing on Jeff Wilson. Banking on Penny and Singletary picking up where they left off and no rookies spoiling the party. Trout looked Drake for several rounds. Bloom crushed the 6-7 turn here.

2.07 Hill, Tyreek MIA WR7
3.10 Higgins, Tee CIN WR15 
4.07 Thomas, Michael NOS WR25
9.10 Gage, Russell TBB WR54
10.07 Olave, Chris FA WR58
13.10 Fuller, Will MIA WR72    
15.10 Shenault, Laviska JAC WR83

Like what I was able to get here after the top 2 at their cost.  Should be ok here.  Somebody will hopefully offer JAC a 6th rounder or something for Shenault and then give him the rock on occasion. Hopefully Winston/Dalton and the coaching staff go back to feeding Thomas. Liked crippler getting Golladay and Julio where he did, I almost took both a couple times before he did. Old Mil with a sneaky solid pick in Crowder as I was sniffing him too.

8.07 Gronkowski, Rob TBB TE15
11.10 Hurst, Hayden CIN TE26    
20.07 Howard, O.J. BUF TE37

If Gronk don’t play I’m toast. Feels like Hurst should be going a little sooner considering the current situation there. Howard pick basically came down to him, Jeff Wilson, Dontrell Hilliard, Mike Boone, or a DST.  Decided to punt second DST, decided to count on my 4 RB’s to stay healthy, and decided on the guy who BUF went out and got.  Again, like Foreman, I like guys who teams actively go after for a reason.  Should produce with Allen in some two TE sets with Knox.  Kinda surprised somebody here didn’t take a shot on him. While this group is nothing to write home about at least they have stud QB’s and offenses that should visit the red zone. Liked maggot getting Albert O, Broncos getting Higbee, and really liked Crippler's pick of Everett. Bloom getting RSJ that late at the 18-19 turn to backup Kelce feels like that gift you get to open on Christmas Eve.

12.07 Carlson, Daniel LVR PK4    
14.07 Joseph, Greg MIN PK17    
18.07 Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def24

Two solid dome guys I took a little earlier than I wanted to but got burnt last year …and one DST.  If one DST costs me, so be it.    

Overall: swung for the fences a little and rolled the dice in a few spots.  Pretty meh though as guys like Gage don’t really move your needle.  Probably not gonna win many immunities but can maybe just hang around the middle of the pack each week and then get lucky at the end.  :banned:

REF:

Should be ok, but nothing special.  Murray leads the way and anything from Willis and hopefully a traded Jimmy G will be a bonus. Liked Bass and ryheaps being happy to clean up the scraps in the 6th. 

1.10Cook, Dalvin MIN RB6

Ignored the position after securing the top three thru 7 rounds. Rolling the dice they stay healthy.  Just couldn’t pull the trigger on just securing another “body”.  Hope I don’t regret passing on Jeff Wilson. Banking on Penny and Singletary picking up where they left off and no rookies spoiling the party. Trout looked Drake for several rounds. Bloom crushed the 6-7 turn here.

Like what I was able to get here after the top 2 at their cost.  Should be ok here.  Somebody will hopefully offer JAC a 6th rounder or something for Shenault and then give him the rock on occasion. Hopefully Winston/Dalton and the coaching staff go back to feeding Thomas. Liked crippler getting Golladay and Julio where he did, I almost took both a couple times before he did. Old Mil with a sneaky solid pick in Crowder as I was sniffing him too.

If Gronk don’t play I’m toast. Feels like Hurst should be going a little sooner considering the current situation there. Howard pick basically came down to him, Jeff Wilson, Dontrell Hilliard, Mike Boone, or a DST.  Decided to punt second DST, decided to count on my 4 RB’s to stay healthy, and decided on the guy who BUF went out and got.  Again, like Foreman, I like guys who teams actively go after for a reason.  Should produce with Allen in some two TE sets with Knox.  Kinda surprised somebody here didn’t take a shot on him. While this group is nothing to write home about at they have stud QB’s and offenses that should visit the red zone. Liked maggot getting Albert O, Broncos getting Higbee, and really liked Crippler's pick of Everett. Bloom getting RSJ that late at the 18-19 turn to backup Kelce feels like that gift you get to open on Christmas Eve.

Two solid dome guys I took a little earlier than I wanted to but got burnt last year …and one DST.  If one DST costs me, so be it.    

Overall: swung for the fences a little and rolled the dice in a few spots.  Pretty meh though as guys like Gage don’t really move your needle.  Probably not gonna win many immunities but can maybe just hang around the middle of the pack each week and then get lucky at the end.  :banned:

You sniped me more than anyone after the early rounds. I had fully expected to draft Gage, Jimmy and foreman in the same round you did. :rant:

overall, I like the team a lot. Probably just a little better with a second defense but probably not a huge deal. 

QB. Cousins, Jones, Riddler. 
Okay group. Last to the table was not good. Do like chances Riddler starts this year. My fav rookie QB

RB. Dobbins, Hall, Etienne, D. Williams, Johnson

Swing for the fenced group. Could be outstanding. Could be early exit. I like it overall. Hope Johnson signs on somewhere after draft and becomes useful

WR. Jefferson, Brown, Chark, Golloday. Pickens, Jones

my best group. Top 2 should lead and hope one of Chark or Golloday live up to the past. Pickens could be very interesting. Watching a league rookie going on and guys at 3-4-5 all traded out. Like Johnson, feel Jones will sign. Maybe Packers. 

TE. Friermuth, Everett

okay group. Hope to get something useful out of the two

PK-D. Not happy. Think Borregalas gets TB job but could have had maybe in round 19 or take a chance on York. Will Lutz was steal. D suffered by waiting round to long to jump in. Won’t kill me too bad though

Love the LJax pick and Watson is a great pairing for him.

Overkill at RB IMO.  Once you had Ekeler/Jones/Hunt in tow I don't care for the 5th RB.  When you consider that it cost you a a top 1/3 defense, this was a big stumble.  I think you easily walked away from 50 points here.  I'm also curious why you went Hunt over Dillion.  
Did consider Dillion. Hunt was more for diversity in my top 3 RB.

Didn't really consider Defense with Pitt already selected and felt like I needed some more upside instead of DEF, but I honestly wasn't planning on waiting for my 2nd until the last round either.

1.12   N. Harris.    Couldn’t believe he was there.  Have him over Mixon and Henry. 

2.05   J. Allen    Solidifies the position.    :homer:

3.12   D.  Johnson    Last year WR9 with a QB that can pass the ball more than 5yds.   I’ll take it!   Wanted Akers there.

4.05  D.  Moore    WR 22 last year.  Likely less receptions this year but the yardage and TD’s could go up.

5.12  M.  Carter.    I expect the Jets to use some high picks on OL help in the draft.   Carter will be a major beneficiary.  Best pick of my draft.

6.05  A. Lazzard    I likely could have waited a round for him but I believe the complicated fellow will show it’s the QB, not the WR who makes the player.

7.12  D. Knox    TE getting thin.   Was between him and Okuegbunam.    Went with the known over the upside.   Might have been a mistake.

8.05   R.  Stevenson.  His running mate Harris goes two round earlier!   Perfect for this format.   I predict many a week he will be scoring in my lineup. 

9.12  D. London    Broke my own rule and drafted a rookie before the 10th round.   I’ll might get burned.  Would have went with Goliday.

10.05   I. Smith  Needed another TE,  Smith was expected to improve his game last year before he got hurt.   Hoping he does it this year and platoon’s well with Knox.

11.12 M. Trubinsky  Buying the narrative the he was terribly misused in Chicago.  

12.05  K. Vaughn.    Not believing the talk of TB taking a RB.   I think he will be the back up to Fournette.

13.12  J Crowder   Should step into the Beasley role and might have a shot at Beasley’s 2020 numbers of 82/967/4.    Thanks guys!

14.05  Bills Def   Von Miller!

15.12   Trey Sermon  Seems like a new runner emerges ever year for this team.  His year?

16.05   K.  Osborn      Last year WR 55 at WR86?   What’s changed?  He, might even supplant
Theilan?

17.12  Chiefs Def    Getting better!  

18.05   Z Jones.    Got paid to go Jacksonville.    Love the move he makes to pick him self up.

19.12   J.  Meyers     He kicks the ball.

20.05   P. Strong     Hope he continues to get no love,  as he is a big Dynasty target of mine

Allen, Trubinski

Harris,  Carter,  Stevenson,  Vaughn,  Sermon,  Strong

D. Johnson, D. Moore,  A. Lazard,  D. London, J. Crowder, k.  Osborn,  J Jones

Knox, Irv Smith

Bills,  Chiefs

Myers.

REF:

Probably average unless Murray makes an Allen like jump.  I think you would have been better off to use a 7th or 8th on a second and save one of the later picks.

1.10Cook, Dalvin MIN RB6

Obviously we are at odds here since I took Carson 4 full rounds later.  I rode Penny to a title or two last year in draftn'go format but if Carson is healthy I think it's a time share.  Shocked you didn't go CEH here.  Singletary was criminal that late.  If the Bills don't draft a RB, you got 2-3 to 3rd round value here.

Deep and dangerous.  My only complaint is Thomas.  Maybe this year he doesn't get a boo-boo that makes him quick.  Thanks for leaving my Ju-Ju and his 10 TDs.  I think Mahommie and Arob/Claypool >>> Murray and Thomas.  Then again you follow Mahommes enough to have maybe determined that he's regressing to a middle of the road NFL QB talent.  Not only love the rest of your WRs, love where you drafted them.

Deep and dangerous.  My only complaint is Thomas.  Maybe this year he doesn't get a boo-boo that makes him quick.  Thanks for leaving my Ju-Ju and his 10 TDs.  I think Mahommie and Arob/Claypool >>> Murray and Thomas.  Then again you follow Mahommes enough to have maybe determined that he's regressing to a middle of the road NFL QB talent.  Not only love the rest of your WRs, love where you drafted them.

If Gronk don’t play I’m toast. Feels like Hurst should be going a little sooner considering the current situation there. Howard pick basically came down to him, Jeff Wilson, Dontrell Hilliard, Mike Boone, or a DST.  Decided to punt second DST, decided to count on my 4 RB’s to stay healthy, and decided on the guy who BUF went out and got.  Again, like Foreman, I like guys who teams actively go after for a reason.  Should produce with Allen in some two TE sets with Knox.  Kinda surprised somebody here didn’t take a shot on him. While this group is nothing to write home about at least they have stud QB’s and offenses that should visit the red zone. Liked maggot getting Albert O, Broncos getting Higbee, and really liked Crippler's pick of Everett. Bloom getting RSJ that late at the 18-19 turn to backup Kelce feels like that gift you get to open on Christmas Eve.

If I hadn't gotten Brate at TE29 you wouldn't have sniffed Howard.  Howard leaving and Gronk getting older only pushed Brate up my rankings.  Howard was definitely one of my favorite picks.  I think you will do extremely well in BB with this trio.

One defense probably costs you 50 pts.  Personally I don't want to get booted off the island by a point or two so Garoppolo or Willis and sit on the pine behind Murray.  In the 10 weeks both played last year, Jimmy gave you better scores 3 weeks with 1.6, 12.7, 1.8.  Jimmy won't duplicate last year and you have another QB rostered he'll have to beat.  As a comparision let's look at Ari D from last year and the 49ers who finished one spot behind them at defense 15.  SF would have counted 10 times (despite scoring less) for a total of 47 points.  Basically you punted the difference between WR25 and WR50 on a ppg basis.  Death knell....no.  Smart to pass on your 4th round pick and make it up in the 9th against 15 other owners....maybe not so much.

Overall I like this team more than "meh".  I think you did a good job of reading the draft and finding value.

Comments above

1.12   N. Harris.    Couldn’t believe he was there.  Have him over Mixon and Henry.  Rode this guy to a title so I watched him a lot.  He was RB9 last year on a ppg basis.  Felt like he was just a tier below elite with the eye test and was producing based on volume.  I have him above Mixon, but way behind Henry.  Solid pick her although I probably go Deebo.

2.05   J. Allen    Solidifies the position.    :homer::lol:    I'm all over Chubb here.  Won't comment further.

3.12   D.  Johnson    Last year WR9 with a QB that can pass the ball more than 5yds.   I’ll take it!   Wanted Akers there.  DJ would have been a better pick here.

4.05  D.  Moore    WR 22 last year.  Likely less receptions this year but the yardage and TD’s could go up.  Ummmmm.....DJ would have been a better pick here.

5.12  M.  Carter.    I expect the Jets to use some high picks on OL help in the draft.   Carter will be a major beneficiary.  Best pick of my draft.  I need to study up on this guy.  Opinions are all over the map on this guy.

6.05  A. Lazzard    I likely could have waited a round for him but I believe the complicated fellow will show it’s the QB, not the WR who makes the player.  Totally agree.  And he wouldn't made it 6 picks much less a round.  Even better BB picks with all the TDs i expect.

7.12  D. Knox    TE getting thin.   Was between him and Okuegbunam.    Went with the known over the upside.   Might have been a mistake.  I think you made the right pick here.  Like the sure thing and think he was the last of a tier.

8.05   R.  Stevenson.  His running mate Harris goes two round earlier!   Perfect for this format.   I predict many a week he will be scoring in my lineup. I would have rolled the dice on Melvin Gordon here.

9.12  D. London    Broke my own rule and drafted a rookie before the 10th round.   I’ll might get burned.  Would have went with Goliday.  I nixed all the rookies this year.  Golladay (or Tooney) IMO.

10.05   I. Smith  Needed another TE,  Smith was expected to improve his game last year before he got hurt.   Hoping he does it this year and platoon’s well with Knox.  He (and Thomas) was sticking out like a sore thumb to me.  I probably pass on Carson if one had slipped.  I think you got the biggest return per draft capital at TE in this draft. 

11.12 M. Trubinsky  Buying the narrative the he was terribly misused in Chicago.  Agree again.  I think you got 7th-8th round value here and gained on most of the competition.

12.05  K. Vaughn.    Not believing the talk of TB taking a RB.   I think he will be the back up to Fournette.  Could be huge.  Is gio dead?

13.12  J Crowder   Should step into the Beasley role and might have a shot at Beasley’s 2020 numbers of 82/967/4.    Thanks guys!  I want to see more shake out in Buffalo before commiting here.

14.05  Bills Def   Von Miller!  Nice

15.12   Trey Sermon  Seems like a new runner emerges ever year for this team.  His year?  Yup.  Was eyeing him but already had 4.

16.05   K.  Osborn      Last year WR 55 at WR86?   What’s changed?  He, might even supplant Theilan?  Another sneaky good dart throw.

17.12  Chiefs Def    Getting better!  Two, check.

18.05   Z Jones.    Got paid to go Jacksonville.    Love the move he makes to pick him self up.  

19.12   J.  Meyers     He kicks the ball.  The theory behind a one kicker team is to take on on a high scoring team.  Kind of surprised how early people drafted kickers.

20.05   P. Strong     Hope he continues to get no love,  as he is a big Dynasty target of mine.  I punt this pick for another kicker or D

Allen, Trubinski

Harris,  Carter,  Stevenson,  Vaughn,  Sermon,  Strong

D. Johnson, D. Moore,  A. Lazard,  D. London, J. Crowder, k.  Osborn,  J Jones

Knox, Irv Smith

Bills,  Chiefs

Myers.

I think you reached on a few picks and a didn't read the room.  That was offset by some outstanding picks.  Comments above.

Upon further review, I like this team more than I thought.  Despite tying one Allen behind your back, you gained this ground back.

I’ll write up more later, but 5 rookies out of 20 players is a totally safe, secure, smart plan. Right? 🤔 :bag:

CURRENT ROSTER

Corral, Matt FA QB

Lance, Trey SFO QB

Stafford, Matthew LAR QB

- steady but not quite elite (for FF) QB1 paired with a high upside player who we haven’t seen yet. Coral was simply a last round flier, don’t expect much if anything from him. Should net an above average starter most weeks. 

Barkley, Saquon NYG RB

Robinson, James JAC RB

Swift, D'Andre DET RB

Williams, Kyren FA RB

- I have zero confidence in this group but if the giants trade Barkley I’ll be thrilled (possibly but not expected), both teams should be improved this year either way. Speaking of teams which should improve, Jags could be sneaky this year  there’s a good chance Robinson loses a lot of touches to Etienne, but he’s among the better RB2s (real league, probably an rb4 in ff). Karen is simply a dart throw. 

Bateman, Rashod BAL WR

Claypool, Chase PIT WR

Godwin, Chris TBB WR

Moore, Skyy FA WR

Pittman, Michael IND WR

Wilson, Garrett FA WR

- If Godwin is healthy most of the year I like this group a lot. Claypool isn’t solid but Mitch will throw deeper than Ben did last year and juju is gone, so I think he’s a very good 3.  Ryan should be good for Pittman. Then there’s the 3 upside picks.  This group could either be awesome or awesomely bad.

McBride, Trey FA TE

Tremble, Tommy CAR TE

Uzomah, C.J. NYJ TE

- 🤢 waited entirely too long on TE.  I’ll be lucky to get a few points a game from this trio. 

Bullock, Randy TEN PK

Tucker, Justin BAL PK

- two dudes with jobs, one is the best in the league (top 3 at least).  

Raiders, Las Vegas LVR Def

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

- just hoping the Titans D continues to perform like last year, and while I have no reason for it, I actually like the Raiders a lot. Very tough division, matchups won’t be great here for either team for most of the year really. In hindsight probably should have taken a defense like Carolina with better matchups. 🤷

when these first started I had some success, but lately I’ve completely bombed in this format. We’ll see how this year goes. Definitely not confident. 
Coral - panthers probably the best landing spot for early production although dropped a lot, like most QBs did.   

sky - chiefs :excited:  

Wilson - jets as the 2nd WR drafted. I’ll take it. 

McBride in Arizona is about as good as could be expected  

Bateman’s stock rises, claypool might have dropped a little. If Trey loses Deebo that will hurt but didn’t happen yet. Barkley gaining help on the line should help  

the Kyren drunken dart throw appears to have missed. 

overrall the draft didn’t hurt and probably helped some. 

Ducky 118.2 plus Seattle D - 6 plus Sutton plus Hamler - 5.1 est 136 (these are with FBG projections)
Jason Wood 121.7 plus Willson - 23.7 plus Gordon - 10.5 est 124
Sweet Love 121.8 plus Lock - 32.1 plus Williams - 3.6 plus Gainwell - 7 eat 135
Razorback 122.3 plus McManus est 130
Bass 123.9 plus Metcalf - 8.1 plus Denver D - 7 est 129
Ref 126.2 plus Penny - 8.2 est 129
Old Mil 128.5 plus Myers est 136
Reheats 128.9 plus Fant - 13.9 est 129
Clayon Gray 129.9 plus Jeudy - 6.7 est 137
Bloom 133.9 and done

Crazy week 1 with 4 of us predict to score 129 to 130 and Wood right there if Gordon gets a TD.

Ducky 118.2 plus Seattle D - 6 plus Sutton plus Hamler - 5.1 est 136 (these are with FBG projections)
Jason Wood 121.7 plus Willson - 23.7 plus Gordon - 10.5 est 124
Sweet Love 121.8 plus Lock - 32.1 plus Williams - 3.6 plus Gainwell - 7 eat 135
Razorback 122.3 plus McManus est 130
Bass 123.9 plus Metcalf - 8.1 plus Denver D - 7 est 129
Ref 126.2 plus Penny - 8.2 est 129
Old Mil 128.5 plus Myers est 136
Reheats 128.9 plus Fant - 13.9 est 129
Clayon Gray 129.9 plus Jeudy - 6.7 est 137
Bloom 133.9 and done

Crazy week 1 with 4 of us predict to score 129 to 130 and Wood right there if Gordon gets a TD.

FBG projections are right and Wood is no more.

Very interesting that Ref, Bass, and possibly Razorback were saved by their 20th round pick becoming very good starter this week.

Week two takes down our second staffer, @Aaron Rudnicki . Unfortunate for him as he was the high scoring team in week 3. Ryheaps took immunity but didn't need it.

@Sigmund Bloom (doesn't have a user name on this board) escapes the curse of the staff and best @-OZ- by 4.1 pts to survive another week and send Oz packing. @OldMilwaukee takes the immunity for week 4.

Week two takes down our second staffer, @Aaron Rudnicki . Unfortunate for him as he was the high scoring team in week 3. Ryheaps took immunity but didn't need it.

@Sigmund Bloom (doesn't have a user name on this board) escapes the curse of the staff and best @-OZ- by 4.1 pts to survive another week and send Oz packing. @OldMilwaukee takes the immunity for week 4.
Crippler scored fewer points and wasn’t immune this week. 🤔

Thanks for pointing that out. I swear when I hit the Week 3 results you were at the bottom. Possibly I didn't script down far enough. I have corrected my error. I'm sorry about that.

Thanks for pointing that out. I swear when I hit the Week 3 results you were at the bottom. Possibly I didn't script down far enough. I have corrected my error. I'm sorry about that.
All good! :hifive:

All good! :hifive:
And I’m out anyway. That team is horrendous.

Posted this on the site…Not sure how to update on the standing but here’s the latest that I see.

Week 5 eliminated Duckboy (think this as an error in noting Broncos as eliminated in the standings)
Week 6 immunity to rzrback
Week 6 eliminated Sig Bloom
Week 7 immunity to Clayton
Week 7 eliminated Maggot Brain
Week 8 immunity to Bass
Week 8 eliminated Norseman
Week 9 immunity to Clayton
Week 9 eliminated Bass (Clayton spared by immunity)
Week 10 immunity to razrback
Week 10 eliminated Clayton (razrback spared by immunity)
Week 11 immunity to ryheaps

Remaining teams - Sweet Love, ryheaps, rzrback77, Bro1ncos, Stinkin Ref and Old Milwaukee

Posted this on the site…Not sure how to update on the standing but here’s the latest that I see.

Week 5 eliminated Duckboy (think this as an error in noting Broncos as eliminated in the standings)
Week 6 immunity to rzrback
Week 6 eliminated Sig Bloom
Week 7 immunity to Clayton
Week 7 eliminated Maggot Brain
Week 8 immunity to Bass
Week 8 eliminated Norseman
Week 9 immunity to Clayton
Week 9 eliminated Bass (Clayton spared by immunity)
Week 10 immunity to razrback
Week 10 eliminated Clayton (razrback spared by immunity)
Week 11 immunity to ryheaps

Remaining teams - Sweet Love, ryheaps, rzrback77, Bro1ncos, Stinkin Ref and Old Milwaukee

Yes I made an error there. That cascaded and ended up saving me in week 9 as Bro1ncos gets eliminated in 9.

Please check, I've updated through today and I'm eliminated in week 12.

Final four: Ryheaps, Old Mil, Ref, and Sweet Love

No immunity for week 13. You four play leaving 3 heading into week 14. Week 14 and 15 takes it to two. Championship is week 16 and 17.

Ryheaps, 158.5
Old Mil 101.4
Ref 96
Sweet Love 133.4

Two week scoring window for Ryheaps, Old Mil, and Sweet Love.

Looks like this will be the week that my razor thin depth finally catches up with me. Frankly shocked that I made it to the finals with my lack of depth and key injuries. You never know though 🤷‍♂️

Looks like this will be the week that my razor thin depth finally catches up with me. Frankly shocked that I made it to the finals with my lack of depth and key injuries. You never know though 🤷‍♂️
You never know. Temporary congrats on the title.

I the game is played later, I'll manually re-calculate the standings for this week.

ryheaps503 - Immune Week 3 and 11 and 12105.3Details
Old Milwaukee - Immune Week 499.9Details

@ryheaps2 and @OldMilwaukee

Do you want to offer some input on how we crown a champ before I make a final decision?

1. Week 17 results stand.
2. Replay 17 in it's entirety week 18.
3. Replace Bills and Bengals scores in Week 17 with week 18 results.

Also if any other league members want to weigh in feel free too. I'll give @ryheaps2 until this evening to weigh in since there are games tomorrow.

I would say Option 1. It’s all luck of the draw with injuries and missed games (like Tua and Pollard for me this week) throughout the season and all my other MFL leagues just finalized without the game results thus it impacted championships. I suppose Option 2 could be possible but isn’t consistent with other MFL leagues that I’ve seen. Option 3 is just not right in my opinion. Not right to have one week‘s scores count twice for certain players. It‘s not right to assume the results vs the Bears would have been close to the results vs the Bengals

I have no dog in the hunt, but will say that I was in two championship games last week. One I was leading comfortably and the other trailing by a similar amount in my local league. In the one I was trailing, I told the Commish to just give the title to my opponent because I did not have much hope regardless how we decided to score. He agreed, so that one was concluded.

The other one was No Mercy and there still has not been an official notice that I am aware of. Thanks here for @BassNBrew to address this.

I would suggest consideration of a co-champ, but am I’m with whatever y’all dwcide

I haven't heard for Ryheaps. While it's pretty obvious the Old Mil would have won if the game was finished the flimsy rules would likely point towards Ryheaps. Since no money is involved, in the past (mostly during drafts) I've made decisions on what's fun, fair, and competitive balance. Based on that, I'm ruling that week 18 will replace ALL week 17 scores. Week 17 never happened. The champ will be the team with the most points scored during weeks 16 and 18. Good luck to both of you.

I don’t really agree with your decision and as I noted in my DM before the games to you, I think that razorbacks co-champ should have been considered. I personally feel your option 1 was best but co-champs would have been a close second. Extending the season arbitrarily didn’t really seem right and didn‘t split the difference as doubling up prior week scores seemed completely wrong to me. None of my other leagues did this and just followed MFL default setting or went co-champs (even in cases when one team had a huge lead but the game wasn‘t fully settled.)

it is what it is, I guess…at least no money involved but disappointing.

Congrats to Old Milwaukee

Users who are viewing this thread