What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fleener (1 Viewer)

Fleener has been terrible in real life football.   Hopefully he can turn it around because the opportunity as Brees' tight end is insane... I'm not banking on it though. 

He seems to be the 4th option.  behind the WRs and rbs.  that's not a good position to be in.  add in the fact he drops a ton, not a good option.  even on the saints

Coby Fleener expects to be "more effective" now that he's had a year to learn the Saints' offense.

Fleener wasn't a complete flop last year -- he still managed 50 catches for 631 yards and three touchdowns as the non-PPR TE12 in fantasy -- but he certainly didn't live up to expectations after inking a five-year, $36 million contract. The 28-year-old faced a steep learning curve in his first year with the Saints. "I think anytime you’re trying to learn a new offense, trying to learn a language, trying to learn something of that nature, going through it under pressure, going through it for a year really helps," he said. Fleener belongs on the TE1/2 borderline.

Source: New Orleans Advocate

Saints released TE Coby Fleener.

The move will create $3 million in cap space if Fleener is designated as a post-June 1 release but still leave behind $5 million in dead money. Fleener was a colossal bust after signing a "five-year, $36 million" contract in March 2016, catching just 72 passes for 926 yards over 27 games while struggling with injury. He dealt with concussion issues in 2017, where he snagged only 22 balls in 11 games. Going on 30, Fleener is a proven pass catcher but an inadequate blocker. He also has a troubling concussion history.

Related: Saints

Source: Nick Underhill on Twitter 

May 7 - 2:33 PM

Cowboysfan8 said:
Because he's can't block, has stone hands, and has concussion issues I believe 
Yeah, the concussion stuff is a major concern. I don't know much about his blocking. Hands are definitely suspect, but I've seen worse.

Users who are viewing this thread