What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch (1 Viewer)

April 27: Prosecutors ask Circuit Court judge Kenneth Lester Jr. to increase the bail amount for George Zimmerman after news came out that he had raised more than $200,000 through a Paypal account on his website.

The website called "Therealgeorgezimmerman.com" was shut down after Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara took control over and deposited the money in trust accounts.
link
Zimmerman's legal team said Sunday that they will ask for a new bond hearing to address those concerns, and that they hope Zimmerman's voluntary surrender will show he is not a flight risk. Furthermore, the money Zimmerman has raised is in an independent trust and cannot be directly accessed by Zimmerman or his attorneys, according to the press release.
link
what point are you trying to make?

As tragic as this was, on any givien day there are a thousand deaths that are more tragic than Trayvon's. Besides the racial politics of this, I really don't understand the strong emotions behind it.. Are people really that manipulated by news coverage of events?
wow...just ...wow
:lol: too funny coming from you, the second biggest manure spreader in this thread. Have to say you have not passed by Texas yet, but you have closed the gap recently.
In volume maybe. Aside from Texasfan (who is here only to taunt and look stupid)There are several others who have a weaker grip on reality than BK..

I'd like to see how many of you pro-Zimmerman types would have the same opinion on this story if it was your brother/sister/family member who was gunned down in cold blood after a 911 operator had told the vigilante scumbag that he didn't need to pursue the matter any further because the police were on the way. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
April 27: Prosecutors ask Circuit Court judge Kenneth Lester Jr. to increase the bail amount for George Zimmerman after news came out that he had raised more than $200,000 through a Paypal account on his website.

The website called "Therealgeorgezimmerman.com" was shut down after Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara took control over and deposited the money in trust accounts.
link
Zimmerman's legal team said Sunday that they will ask for a new bond hearing to address those concerns, and that they hope Zimmerman's voluntary surrender will show he is not a flight risk. Furthermore, the money Zimmerman has raised is in an independent trust and cannot be directly accessed by Zimmerman or his attorneys, according to the press release.
link
He has no clue.

link
link
He has no clue.
:lmao:

I'd like to see how many of you pro-Zimmerman types would have the same opinion on this story if it was your brother/sister/family member who was gunned down in cold blood after a 911 operator had told the vigilante scumbag that he didn't need to pursue the matter any further because the police were on the way. :banned:
Again, I'm not pro-Zimmerman. But I can honestly say that if there is enough evidence to show that my brother snuck back around and assaulted a guy and ended up getting shot, I would not be very angry with the shooter. If the evidence showed that the shooter "hunted him down" and shot him in cold blood, I would be furious.So again, let's wait to see what comes out at trial before we bring out the noose for Zimmerman.

As tragic as this was, on any givien day there are a thousand deaths that are more tragic than Trayvon's. Besides the racial politics of this, I really don't understand the strong emotions behind it.. Are people really that manipulated by news coverage of events?
Yes, because people can't get upset about ALL the tragic events in the world, they shouldn't get upset about ANY of them. This makes no sense.
The sheep let their emotions be dictated by their media programing..
wrong. Some stories , whether they be happy or tragic , hit the masses right in the heart.Its impossible to predict which stories will have that effect.

I am NOT a pro-Zimmerman type- I've generally been on the opposite side here- but I have to say how much I hate these types of arguments. It's often the same argument that pro-death penalty people resort to: what if it was your kid?

The answer in all cases is that if it were someone close to me, I would form an opinion based more on emotion than on reason. No one would blame me for it, just as no one blames Trayvon Martin's parents for feeling the way they do. But it's a feeling based on emotion and irrationality, and it can't be trusted. The law needs to operate based on the facts, otherwise where are we?

I would hope that my children wouldn't attack a neighborhood watch person for making sure they were where they were supposed to be and doing what they were supposed to do.. If one of my kids were walking around the neighborhood in the middle of the night, I'd appreciate someone from neighborhood watch stopping them and checking things out..You don't know that Zimmerman wasn't acting in self defense, and you don't know that Zimmerman continued to follow after the dispatchers statement. Until you know those things, you are jumping to conclusions..I would not appreciate someone approaching my son with a gun, but there is nothing illegal about Zimmerman carrying a gun, or questioning Trayvon.I would be very upset if my son were shot, and I'd want a full legal investigation.I'd also be very upset if I found my son had attacked someone regardless of the outcome..

Yes, because people can't get upset about ALL the tragic events in the world, they shouldn't get upset about ANY of them. This makes no sense.
The sheep let their emotions be dictated by their media programing..
wrong. Some stories , whether they be happy or tragic , hit the masses right in the heart.Its impossible to predict which stories will have that effect.
When the media projects a pc agenda, misleads the public with false information, and is very biased in which stories they decide to exploit, you get situations like we have right here.If it turns out that Zimmerman was protecting himself from an attack, then the media and all the anti-zimmerman mob folks were wrong..

Here's a question I have: is the fact that Zimmerman may have lied about his bond to the judge admissible at trial? Can it be used to challenge his credibility in general?
No. Did Zimmerman actually say anything about his finances at the bond hearing?
I think everything he said was directly related to his unwelcomed apology. But O'Mara did say that George and his family had informed him that they were extremely limited financially. Corey is calling the wife a liar and based on the tapes, I think that is fair. So, since George himself didn't speak personally to his finances then this doesn't fall back on him even though his attorney said George said he was broke? Just askin'.
It's irrelevant.
Oops.
Zimmerman and his wife testified at a bond hearing that they had little money.
Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin's family, said Judge Lester's finding that Zimmerman was dishonest is "very important because his credibility is the most important thing in this entire case." Legal experts also told The Associated Press that the judge's questioning on Friday could undermine Zimmerman's credibility in trial.
at Sunday's news conference, O'Mara added: “As Mr. Crump said, there’s a credibility issue that needs to be rehabilitated by explaining away why they did what they did, if that’s what happened.”
I'm starting to doubt that Christo is actually a lawyer :lmao:

Here's a question I have: is the fact that Zimmerman may have lied about his bond to the judge admissible at trial? Can it be used to challenge his credibility in general?
I think everything he said was directly related to his unwelcomed apology. But O'Mara did say that George and his family had informed him that they were extremely limited financially. Corey is calling the wife a liar and based on the tapes, I think that is fair. So, since George himself didn't speak personally to his finances then this doesn't fall back on him even though his attorney said George said he was broke? Just askin'.
It's irrelevant.
Oops.

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin's family, said Judge Lester's finding that Zimmerman was dishonest is "very important because his credibility is the most important thing in this entire case." Legal experts also told The Associated Press that the judge's questioning on Friday could undermine Zimmerman's credibility in trial.
at Sunday's news conference, O'Mara added: “As Mr. Crump said, there’s a credibility issue that needs to be rehabilitated by explaining away why they did what they did, if that’s what happened.”
I'm sure the Martin's attorney has no bias. And you'll notice O'Mara said nothing about the trial. There's going to be a new bail hearing and there will be a hearing where they will try to get the charges dismissed under SYG. That's where his credibility with the judge will matter. As I said, Zimmerman never testified, it's irrelevant for the purpose of the trial.

It's irrelevant.
Oops.
I'm sure the Martin's attorney has no bias. And you'll notice O'Mara said nothing about the trial.

It's irrelevant.
Oops.
I'm sure the Martin's attorney has no bias. And you'll notice O'Mara said nothing about the trial.
You won't hear about it at the trial.

I am NOT a pro-Zimmerman type- I've generally been on the opposite side here- but I have to say how much I hate these types of arguments. It's often the same argument that pro-death penalty people resort to: what if it was your kid?

The answer in all cases is that if it were someone close to me, I would form an opinion based more on emotion than on reason. No one would blame me for it, just as no one blames Trayvon Martin's parents for feeling the way they do. But it's a feeling based on emotion and irrationality, and it can't be trusted. The law needs to operate based on the facts, otherwise where are we?
I think that has been Christo's premise for this thread, yet you and others have characterized and chided him in a negative light.

I think that has been Christo's premise for this thread, yet you and others have characterized and chided him in a negative light.
hes done that to himself with his superior than thou demeanor

I would hope that my children wouldn't attack a neighborhood watch person for making sure they were where they were supposed to be and doing what they were supposed to do.. If one of my kids were walking around the neighborhood in the middle of the night, I'd appreciate someone from neighborhood watch stopping them and checking things out..You don't know that Zimmerman wasn't acting in self defense, and you don't know that Zimmerman continued to follow after the dispatchers statement. Until you know those things, you are jumping to conclusions..I would not appreciate someone approaching my son with a gun, but there is nothing illegal about Zimmerman carrying a gun, or questioning Trayvon.I would be very upset if my son were shot, and I'd want a full legal investigation.I'd also be very upset if I found my son had attacked someone regardless of the outcome..
You dont know that Martin was not acting in self defense, and you dont know that ZImmerman did not continued to follow after the dispatchers statements. Until you know those things, you are jumping to conclusions..So would you be upset if you found out that the police did not do a full investigation, and just took the word of the shooter and did not look at all angles. And if it was not investigated would you just accept the word of the guy who has a history of being a "wannabe" cop over your history that you have of your son. Who was just walking home and was bothered by a stranger who was advised to stay away. And then this happened?

I don't know that he has done that. I think there have been a lot in this thread who have come across that way though by assuming they know what happened or are stating what they believed happened as fact.

I don't know that he has done that. I think there have been a lot in this thread who have come across that way though by assuming they know what happened or are stating what they believed happened as fact.
People who just creep on here and dont say anything will pipe in and warn everyone about christo`s tactics, its no big secret.

You dont know that Martin was not acting in self defense, and you dont know that ZImmerman did not continued to follow after the dispatchers statements. Until you know those things, you are jumping to conclusions..So would you be upset if you found out that the police did not do a full investigation, and just took the word of the shooter and did not look at all angles. And if it was not investigated would you just accept the word of the guy who has a history of being a "wannabe" cop over your history that you have of your son. Who was just walking home and was bothered by a stranger who was advised to stay away. And then this happened?
ya but zimmerman was attacked for no reason what so ever blah blah blah :hophead:

People who just creep on here and dont say anything will pipe in and warn everyone about christo`s tactics, its no big secret.
tactics :lmao: Yeah, asking for facts is a "tactic."

ya but zimmerman was attacked for no reason what so ever blah blah blah :hophead:
:rolleyes:

that rolling eyes is a tactic, not a fact

:rolleyes: is the only logical response to statements like:
But I do understand that someone who would make such a statement finds me frustrating.

But I do understand that someone who would make such a statement finds me frustrating.
thats a dig at C.H and jonmx, or havent you been reading there posts?

Not really.

Not really.
well consider yourself lucky...the celtics game is calling me...peace .

You dont know that Martin was not acting in self defense, and you dont know that ZImmerman did not continued to follow after the dispatchers statements. Until you know those things, you are jumping to conclusions..
I never said I did know. But I find it very unlikely that Zimmerman was in pursuit of a fleeing Martin when the altercation happened a stones throw away from Zimmermans truck.. Where they running in circles around a tree? Possible, but unlikely. And I find it unlikely that Zimmerman would attack Martin. Maybe Martin thought he was under attack and defended himself.. That could have happened, but would have been smarter if the words they had before the altercation lead him to understand Zimmerman was acting on his position to safewatch the neighborhood..I've not jumped to conclusions, I'm open to other options, however unlikely they may be. Alternatively, Slayer666 is speaking in absolutes for which he'll never be able to validate. He's jumping to conclusions..
So would you be upset if you found out that the police did not do a full investigation, and just took the word of the shooter and did not look at all angles.
Yes I would be upset, and I'd have hired my own investigator at that point. Seems to me that they did an investigation, and were conflicted. Also that their hands were legally tied to some extent.. Ultimately Zimmerman is on trial, and if he's found not guilty, then it would seem that they were right to tread cautiously into the charges from the onset.
And if it was not investigated would you just accept the word of the guy who has a history of being a "wannabe" cop over your history that you have of your son. Who was just walking home and was bothered by a stranger who was advised to stay away. And then this happened?
Zimmerman had a history of being a neighborhood watch captain. Someone had to do it, and he was asked to fill the position. Trayvon had a history of illegal drugs, multiple school suspensions, defacing school property, allegedly possessing stolen property, taking part in organized fighting, potentially took a swing at a bus driver, .... Couple this with thuggish photos and twitter comments and on line personality "No Limits Ni$$a".... All within a 3 year period of this young mans life... He was obviously going down the wrong path.. I would have been very upset with my son for all of the above behavior, and would have been fearful that something bad was going to happen to him or that he was ruining his life if something didn't change. If he attacked zimmerman, which I'm not sure we will ever know for sure, but appears to be the case, it only falls in line with the rest of his recent history. I'd be upset about my sons death, but in some ways I'd be understanding that he could have had some part in it..

In the same tone I could say your assertions are that Zimmerman was hunting down and shooting young black men for sport. :hophead:

Trayvon had a history of illegal drugs, multiple school suspensions, defacing school property, allegedly possessing stolen property, taking part in organized fighting, potentially took a swing at a bus driver, .... Couple this with thuggish photos and twitter comments and on line personality "No Limits Ni$$a".... All within a 3 year period of this young mans life... He was obviously going down the wrong path.. I would have been very upset with my son for all of the above behavior, and would have been fearful that something bad was going to happen to him or that he was ruining his life if something didn't change.

:lmao: Go back to my original post, Christo. I asked two questions: is it admissible at trial, and can it be used to affect Zimmerman's credibility? You answered a flat "no". You didn't answer, "I don't think it will be admitted in the actual trial, but I do think it will be used to challenge Zimmerman's credibility in the pre-trial hearing." Had you answered this way, I would give your new explanation a lot more credibility. As it is, it sure sounds like a cheap means of covering your ###. We still don't know if it will be admitted at trial (though I think you're right about that) but you answered no to both questions, and you're obviously wrong. But nice attempt at a cover. :lmao:

Why do the pro-Trayvon folks give a :lmao: or :rolleyes: anytime Trayvon's past is brought up? Do you not think it is relevant, or do you think it is not true? I don't understand why those things get brushed aside.

I don't think anyone is saying he deserved to die for being a little "thugish" or whatever word you would like to use, but it does help explain the theory that perhaps he ended up being the aggressor.

Why do the pro-Trayvon folks give a :lmao: or :rolleyes: anytime Trayvon's past is brought up? Do you not think it is relevant, or do you think it is not true? I don't understand why those things get brushed aside.I don't think anyone is saying he deserved to die for being a little "thugish" or whatever word you would like to use, but it does help explain the theory that perhaps he ended up being the aggressor.
I believe they do it as a jab at CHRISTO. Who constantly does it when he has nothing to add but doesn't like what has been said.wait for it...

:lmao: Go back to my original post, Christo. I asked two questions: is it admissible at trial, and can it be used to affect Zimmerman's credibility? You answered a flat "no". You didn't answer, "I don't think it will be admitted in the actual trial, but I do think it will be used to challenge Zimmerman's credibility in the pre-trial hearing." Had you answered this way, I would give your new explanation a lot more credibility. As it is, it sure sounds like a cheap means of covering your ###. We still don't know if it will be admitted at trial (though I think you're right about that) but you answered no to both questions, and you're obviously wrong. But nice attempt at a cover. :lmao:
:rolleyes: Of course it's going to affect his credibility with the judge. The judge already thinks he was duped. It doesn't have "to be used" to do that--it happened.And I honestly don't give a #### how much value you put on my explanation. So go bone up on your legal shows, timid.

Why do the pro-Trayvon folks give a :lmao: or :rolleyes: anytime Trayvon's past is brought up? Do you not think it is relevant, or do you think it is not true? I don't understand why those things get brushed aside.I don't think anyone is saying he deserved to die for being a little "thugish" or whatever word you would like to use, but it does help explain the theory that perhaps he ended up being the aggressor.
If it's in response to Carolina it's because his posts are nonsensical. The reality is that in comparison to Zimmerman, Martin was a novice when it came to thuggery, or run-ins with the cops. Aside from that, your guess is as good as anyone's.

:rolleyes: Of course it's going to affect his credibility with the judge. The judge already thinks he was duped. It doesn't have "to be used" to do that--it happened.And I honestly don't give a #### how much value you put on my explanation. So go bone up on your legal shows, timid.
You sound awfully annoyed.I know you don't care for me at all, but I really enjoy reading your posts. You are highly informative. I have learned much from you. You also have a great sense of humor, and I enjoy that as well. You also are about as arrogant as anyone in this forum, and that is alternatively both irritating and amusing. I admit I enjoy watching you get taken down a peg from time to time, if only because it doesn't happen very often.

If it's in response to Carolina it's because his posts are nonsensical. The reality is that in comparison to Zimmerman, Martin was a novice when it came to thuggery, or run-ins with the cops. Aside from that, your guess is as good as anyone's.
:lmao: _No_Limits_Zimma_

:lmao: _No_Limits_Zimma_
My guess is George is a Zima fan.

Zimmerman will remain in jail at least until next Monday because the judge will be out of court this week and has no hearings scheduled.

The former neighborhood watch leader charged with fatally shooting Trayvon Martin was confused and fearful when he and his wife misled court officials about their finances :lmao: during an April bond hearing that allowed him to be released from jail, his attorney said Monday.

The revocation of Zimmerman's bond could impact his case in several ways, legal experts say.

If the judge refuses to grant bond a second time, O'Mara is under pressure to move the case along because his client will be sitting in jail, not his own home.

The bond problem also could influence the judge's opinion of Zimmerman's credibility if there is a "stand your ground" hearing. Such a hearing, before the judge and with no jury, would give Zimmerman the chance to argue he killed Martin in self-defense under the Florida law that gives wide latitude to use deadly force rather than retreat in a fight if people believe they are in danger of being killed or seriously injured.

If there is a trial, prosecutors, under certain circumstances, may be able to cite the bond hearing to raise questions about Zimmerman's credibility in a case in which he is going to need to convince a jury about his version of what happened during the confrontation.

George Zimmerman's latest entanglement with law enforcement was a "mistake" and "has undermined his credibility, which he will have to work to repair," his attorney said in a statement Monday.

Zimmerman will remain in jail at least until next Monday because the judge will be out of court this week and has no hearings scheduled.

The former neighborhood watch leader charged with fatally shooting Trayvon Martin was confused and fearful when he and his wife misled court officials about their finances :lmao: during an April bond hearing that allowed him to be released from jail, his attorney said Monday.

The revocation of Zimmerman's bond could impact his case in several ways, legal experts say.

If the judge refuses to grant bond a second time, O'Mara is under pressure to move the case along because his client will be sitting in jail, not his own home.

The bond problem also could influence the judge's opinion of Zimmerman's credibility if there is a "stand your ground" hearing. Such a hearing, before the judge and with no jury, would give Zimmerman the chance to argue he killed Martin in self-defense under the Florida law that gives wide latitude to use deadly force rather than retreat in a fight if people believe they are in danger of being killed or seriously injured.

If there is a trial, prosecutors, under certain circumstances, may be able to cite the bond hearing to raise questions about Zimmerman's credibility in a case in which he is going to need to convince a jury about his version of what happened during the confrontation.

George Zimmerman's latest entanglement with law enforcement was a "mistake" and "has undermined his credibility, which he will have to work to repair," his attorney said in a statement Monday.
He sure has lots of misunderstandings when he interacts with the criminal justice system.

This won't happen. Christo has told us so.

The defense — in the most passive of passive voices — now says Zimmerman "allowed his financial situation to be misstated in court" and that he knows it was a mistake.

"The audio recordings of Mr. Zimmerman's phone conversations while in jail make it clear that Mr. Zimmerman knew a significant sum had been raised by his original fundraising website," O'Mara's office said in a statement.
link

It is clear from court and public records that George Zimmerman has sometimes been less than truthful.

After shooting Trayvon Martin in late February, he told Sanford police he didn't have a criminal history. He did. Several weeks later, he told the Seminole County Sheriff's Office he had never been in a pretrial-diversion program. That's also untrue.

He contradicted himself on the witness stand in April, telling Trayvon's family during an apology that he had thought their son was close to his age. On the night of the shooting, Zimmerman, 28, described the 17-year-old to police as in his "late teens."

And now Zimmerman is back in jail because he sat silently as his wife, Shellie, testified — under oath — at his bond hearing in April that the couple were, essentially, flat broke. At the time, they had access to about $135,000, funds raised through a website he launched after he shot Trayvon.
Orlando Sentinel

Users who are viewing this thread