What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch (1 Viewer)

'mad sweeney said:
I've never said that. :rolleyes: But if :rolleyes: Zimmerman got himself into a position to get his ### beat by :rolleyes: being overzealous (a very, very proveable position) and overconfident (because he was packing), then it's entirely his fault that someone is dead. :rolleyes: You don't get to scare someone into protecting themself and then kill them because they're winning.
Yes you do.
In Florida you do.
And about half of the other states too.

'Chairshot said:
'Carolina Hustler said:
I think it's very unlikely that Zimmerman initiated a physical altercation. I believe Trayvon is more likely the initiator of the physical contact.. I find it a reasonable possibility that Zimmerman may have never thrown a punch and was in a struggle with someone he didn't know, who attacked him (for maybe a legitimate reason in Trayvons mind) and he was afraid..
Why do you think this? We know he followed Martin for at least a short time, which would seem to indicate that he at least was willing to be in a physical confrontation, even if he wasn't specifically looking for one. We know he carried a gun, which would seem to be prep for a potential physical confrontation. While the charges were dropped, he was arrested and charged for shoving a cop and also had a restraining order filed against him by his girlfriend, who alleged domestic violence. All of this paints a picture of someone who appears to be willing to get physical if he wants to.I don't know how it went down any more than you do, but given the above information, I don't think it's "very unlikely" that Zimmerman initiated a physical confrontation. I think it's just as possible as anything else.
Plus the girlfriends statements. But only random witness statements count, not people talking to the deceased as they were first assaulted.
Well, there was the witness who said she heard 2 people arguing, one with a loud authoritative voice, one a boy. Then she heard cries from help from the boy. Murder 2.
Boy :rolleyes: He was 17.
:rolleyes: That's how both the Police and witness referred to Martin, but don't let facts get in the way of your rabid Zimmerman defense.

Question: Did you hear someone call for help?

Answer: Yes.

Question: Who do you think asked for help?

Answer: The boy.

Murder 2. Throw away the key. Christo exposed as a BGP/LHUCKS alias.
:lmao:
Yes, you have become a joke. I credit this thread for exposing you.

'mad sweeney said:
I've never said that. :rolleyes: But if :rolleyes: Zimmerman got himself into a position to get his ### beat by :rolleyes: being overzealous (a very, very proveable position) and overconfident (because he was packing), then it's entirely his fault that someone is dead. :rolleyes: You don't get to scare someone into protecting themself and then kill them because they're winning.
Yes you do.
In Florida you do.
And about half of the other states too.
Wrong.

'Chairshot said:
'Carolina Hustler said:
I think it's very unlikely that Zimmerman initiated a physical altercation. I believe Trayvon is more likely the initiator of the physical contact.. I find it a reasonable possibility that Zimmerman may have never thrown a punch and was in a struggle with someone he didn't know, who attacked him (for maybe a legitimate reason in Trayvons mind) and he was afraid..
Why do you think this? We know he followed Martin for at least a short time, which would seem to indicate that he at least was willing to be in a physical confrontation, even if he wasn't specifically looking for one. We know he carried a gun, which would seem to be prep for a potential physical confrontation. While the charges were dropped, he was arrested and charged for shoving a cop and also had a restraining order filed against him by his girlfriend, who alleged domestic violence. All of this paints a picture of someone who appears to be willing to get physical if he wants to.I don't know how it went down any more than you do, but given the above information, I don't think it's "very unlikely" that Zimmerman initiated a physical confrontation. I think it's just as possible as anything else.
Plus the girlfriends statements. But only random witness statements count, not people talking to the deceased as they were first assaulted.
Well, there was the witness who said she heard 2 people arguing, one with a loud authoritative voice, one a boy. Then she heard cries from help from the boy. Murder 2.
:rolleyes: That's how both the Police and witness referred to Martin, but don't let facts get in the way of your rabid Zimmerman defense.

Yes, it is humorous. Especially since we've established you go to the :lmao: every time you're wrong or don't have a response.

'Chairshot said:
'Carolina Hustler said:

Yes, it is humorous. Especially since we've established you go to the :lmao: every time you're wrong or don't have a response.

I think Zimmerman is a dead man walking regardless of how the trial plays out. If he is convicted and thrown into general population his life expectancy is limited, and if he walks on the charges he will always have to watch his back. :banned:

I think Zimmerman is a dead man walking regardless of how the trial plays out. If he is convicted and thrown into general population his life expectancy is limited, and if he walks on the charges he will always have to watch his back. :banned:
Well wouldn't that be great, I am so glad that we have a legal system; of course the person who gets Zimmerman will have the enjoyable opportunity of going on trial for his murder.

Well wouldn't that be great, I am so glad that we have a legal system; of course the person who gets Zimmerman will have the enjoyable opportunity of going on trial for his murder.
Not necessarily, if they do it in Florida.

Or about half of the other states.

A premeditated murder is a crime in every State in the Union.

Or about half of the other states.
Link?

He shot someone. They can say they were in fear for their life.

Your ability to reason like this is what is preventing you from seeing why the prosecution will have a very difficult time in proving their case.

Your ability to reason like this is what is preventing you from seeing why the prosecution will have a very difficult time in proving their case.
It's already happened in Florida. Gang member shot another gang member in the street. Said he was in fear for his life, walked. Terrible law.

It's already happened in Florida. Gang member shot another gang member in the street. Said he was in fear for his life, walked. Terrible law.
Not knowing the actual case I certainly could see why a warring gang member might be in fear for his life crossing paths with the "enemy". I think that your implications that being in fear for your life is too easily faked, is clouding your judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not knowing the actual case I certainly could see why a warring gang member might be in fear for his life crossing paths with the "enemy". I think that your implications that being in fear for your life is too easily faked, is clouding your judgement.
My judgment is clouded? You're condoning a Wild West shootout between gang members with no consequences.

Exactly.

My judgment is clouded? You're condoning a Wild West shootout between gang members with no consequences.
I'm not so quick to dismiss the findings of a judge and jury because I am unhinged at a case that I have developed tunnel-vision with.

I'm not so quick to dismiss the findings of a judge and jury because I am unhinged at a case that I have developed tunnel-vision with.
I suggest the liberal use of this: :lmao: when dealing with several of the posters in this thread. It saves a lot of time.

Regarding Mad Sweeney's comments on the girlfriends statements about when she was on the call with Martin (since I didn't recall there being anything that indicated Zimmerman initiated the altercation - if anything, it showed Martin speaking first to Zimmerman). This was discussed at length earlier in the thread. It now looks like her recollection has been expanded - initially back in March, she had stated the following:

She told attorneys she then heard the 17-year-old ask "What are you following me for?"

Then a man, presumably Zimmerman, replied: "What are you doing around here?"

The girl said Trayvon must have been pushed because his headset fell off and the phone call ended.
March 20, 2012 Online StoryABC News Story

As of a couple of weeks ago (on 05/18/2012 to be specific with the first issuance of this information) , the following has been added to her accounting of the phone conversation:

She then heard Martin say, "What are you following me for?" followed by a man's voice responding, "What are you doing around here?" She said that she heard the sound of pushing, and then heard Martin say what sounded like, "get off, get off," and the call ended.
May 18, 2012 Online StoryThis is pretty substantial, no? If Martin did make those comments, it would look like Zimmerman engaged Martin. My only concern is why is this only coming out now (I don't recall these specific comments being discussed earlier but maybe I missed it)? Why didn't the girlfriend share that piece of specific information when she was telling the world her story back in March? She shared this information with the state prosector on 04/02/2012 (according to the story) - weeks after she shared her final conversation with Martin to the press/world.

The conspiracy theorists would say that the last part was added to bolster the case against Zimmerman (since at that time Zimmerman had not yet been arrested). Not really sure what to make of this.
THANK YOU for posting something interesting. :thumbup: A couple of points:1. If the jury is convinced that it was Zimmerman who engaged Martin and not the other way around, he's going to be found guilty. Yes, I'm aware that even if Zimmerman engaged Martin first that doesn't make him necessarily guilty of murder. But I think it's going to be enough for a jury to convict.

2. Obviously this girl is going to testify, and it appears that her testimony will contradict Zimmerman's testimony. Obviously O'Mara will cross-examine her, challenging her with the questions you mentioned (why does her testimony seem inconsistent, etc.) and obviously the prosecution is going to cross-examine Zimmerman. Unless there is further evidence (such as the witness who may have seen Zimmerman on top) the final result of this trial will probably come down to which of these people, Zimmerman or the girlfriend, that the jury ultimately believes.

Who said anything about a judge and jury?

Who let the guy off, the Rotary Club?
The lobbyist and politicians who put the laws on the books.
Self-defense has been around since before this country was founded. How do we know they still wouldn't have been found not guilty without this particular law?

Self-defense has been around since before this country was founded. How do we know they still wouldn't have been found not guilty without this particular law?

I like the law. Anything that pisses off you guys this much has to have merit.

:lmao:Christo is now defending gang killings as justifiable. You should love the law in Juarez.

Then quit asking stupid questions.

:lmao:Christo is now defending gang killings as justifiable. You should love the law in Juarez.
I have no idea about the circumstances of the gang killings. As pittstownkiller said, it's possible that even gang members can fear for their lives. Do you know any of the particular circumstances of the gang killings you keep referring to that demonstrates that the gang members involved weren't entitled to defend themselves? Or are you just guessing again?

:lol:

Murder has been around since before this country was founded too. That's why Zimmerman is sitting in jail right now. :lmao: at that.

I have no idea about the circumstances of the gang killings. As pittstownkiller said, it's possible that even gang members can fear for their lives. Do you know any of the particular circumstances of the gang killings you keep referring to that demonstrates that the gang members involved weren't entitled to defend themselves? Or are you just guessing again?
So you're backing off the gang murder support? There's hope for you yet.

Murder has been around since before this country was founded too. That's why Zimmerman is sitting in jail right now. :lmao: at that.
You say that like I'm supposed to be upset by Zimmerman's circumstances. I'm :lmao: @ that.

So you're backing off the gang murder support? There's hope for you yet.
If they got off they didn't murder anyone, did they?

You say that like I'm supposed to be upset by Zimmerman's circumstances. I'm :lmao: @ that.
:rolleyes:
Who posted in: Florida boy killed by Neighborhood WatchMember name PostsChristo 1444

:rolleyes:
Who posted in: Florida boy killed by Neighborhood WatchMember name PostsChristo 1444
:lmao: The enjoyment I get reading and responding to the inane posts by you guys has nothing to do with Zimmerman's innocence or guilt.

One doesnt have anything to do with the other.The law and its finding doesn't dictate reality.
Given the fact that murder is a legal term, the law and it's finding is reality.You really don't understand this, do you?
But that doesn't mean he didn't murder him. It would mean he wasn't found guilty of murder... two totally different things.You could rape your dog and not be found guilty of cruelty to animals or of rape. You would still be a dog rapist.

'Chairshot said:
'Carolina Hustler said:

Christo's "detached observer pointing out facts" act fails once again.

One doesnt have anything to do with the other.The law and its finding doesn't dictate reality.
Given the fact that murder is a legal term, the law and it's finding is reality.You really don't understand this, do you?
But that doesn't mean he didn't murder him. It would mean he wasn't found guilty of murder... two totally different things.You could rape your dog and not be found guilty of cruelty to animals or of rape. You would still be a dog rapist.
I disagree. If you're not found guilty of murder, you're not a murderer.

'Chairshot said:
'Carolina Hustler said:

Christo's "detached observer pointing out facts" act fails once again.

If there is a god to answer to , im sure he would disagree

I'm pretty sure this is Carolina Hustler. My only question is how much he paid to get it.

T-Mobile gives man Zimmerman's old number
That would be awesome. The trolling possibilities are limitless.
T-Mobile guy 1: Some guy wants to buy Zimmerman's phone number.T-Mobile guy 2: But we retired that number.

T-Mobile guy 1: He says it would mean the world to him to have it, and he's offering to pay.

T-Mobile guy 2: He's an idiot.

T-Mobile guy 1: He's waiting in the next room.

-----------------------

T-Mobile guy 2: I understand you want George Zimmerman's phone number.

Carolina Hustler: It would mean the world to me. He's my hero. I wub him.

T-Mobile guy 2: People call death threats to that number. It's dangerous to have.

Carolina Hustler: I'll call them 1000 times to tell them he's innocent.

----------------------------

T-Mobile Guy 1: Did you sell it to him?

T-Mobile guy 2: Yeah. He said there's no proof having the number is dangerous.

If there is a god to answer to , im sure he would disagree
Here come Mad Sweeney's dragons.

Users who are viewing this thread