What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul (1 Viewer)

He was the huge winner tonight. The “best” fighter ever couldn’t even knock him down. It was either fixed for FMM/LP III orFMM couldn’t hit him. Neither is a good answer for FMM.
It’s like you just watched the puppy bowl and you’re stunned the Bowzers beat the Tailwaggers. This is not a real sporting event.  It’s not even on the level of fake pro wrestling. 

Other than the announcers just saying stupid stuff, I found it entertaining for a sunday night where I would've just been watching re-runs of P&R.   Was this actually a PPV?   

I saw Paul called out Canelo on Twitter now. Pretty good metaphor for the state of popular culture now when an elite athlete like Canelo can make more money fighting a YouTube entertainer than he could fighting the next best pound for pound boxer. 

Rematch money.   He'd have been crazy to knock him out.   
I see this totally the other way. No one is paying for that fight again are they? If either guy got knocked out would be the only way people buy it.

Floyd barely breaking a sweat was probably the worst thing I would think.

People paid to see one of these two guys get rocked. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this totally the other way. No one is paying for that fight again are they? If either guy got knocked out would be the only way people buy it.

Maybe so.  They made sure nobody could be declared a winner though, and it looked like he held him up.

Maybe so.  They made sure nobody could be declared a winner though, and it looked like he held him up.
I didn’t watch the whole thing but the Paul dude was grabbing him all night so I just took this as he was falling / grabbing and they got tangled up.

Who knows as this was basically WWF stuff but I just think if they wanted to have these 2 fight again this was not the way to do it.

I didn’t watch the whole thing but the Paul dude was grabbing him all night so I just took this as he was falling / grabbing and they got tangled up.

Who knows as this was basically WWF stuff but I just think if they wanted to have these 2 fight again this was not the way to do it.
I didn't watch it except for that clip, so I'm not sure.   I'm not gonna watch the next one either though.   

If you watch that full clip, Paul looked fine. He just had a lot of weight on Floyd and wasn't in as good of shape so he was leaning and grabbing a lot. Not that Paul gave Floyd trouble but it is worth noting that the last fighter to give Mayweather some issue was Maidana. Maidana was a bit unconventional and wild. Paul was really wild- just totally lacking in any refined skill at all, just blindly swinging away. That can sometimes throw someone off who is used to dealing with very refined fighters. Kind of like in pick-up basketball when you were young and all of a sudden some old man is throwing these 1950s moves at you and just catching you off guard. Either way, what a pointless exhibition but like Floyd said, nobody had to watch, nobody had to cover it, nobody had come to the fight. They chose to and they can write all the negative articles they want but who's really the smart one? 

A lot of people enjoyed this "fight". You saw it get a ton of mainstream entertainment media attention. Honestly I could see a fight for FMM with Jake, another with Logan. These guys could make some serious money. It's not for most guys on this board, granted. It's more wrestling than boxing, more circus than sport. If I am YouTube I create an Internet Boxing Champion belt and put it on one of these guys to defend.

It's not your everyday sports fans, like those who populate this forum, paying for this.  Dude has over 22M YouTube subscribers.  Second half of the Sunday night BS podcast, Simmons had his son on at the end.  He was ecstatic that Paul was able to go the distance with Floyd.

If you watch that full clip, Paul looked fine. He just had a lot of weight on Floyd and wasn't in as good of shape so he was leaning and grabbing a lot. Not that Paul gave Floyd trouble but it is worth noting that the last fighter to give Mayweather some issue was Maidana. Maidana was a bit unconventional and wild. Paul was really wild- just totally lacking in any refined skill at all, just blindly swinging away. That can sometimes throw someone off who is used to dealing with very refined fighters. Kind of like in pick-up basketball when you were young and all of a sudden some old man is throwing these 1950s moves at you and just catching you off guard. Either way, what a pointless exhibition but like Floyd said, nobody had to watch, nobody had to cover it, nobody had come to the fight. They chose to and they can write all the negative articles they want but who's really the smart one? 
I don't think he looked fine at all in that clip, he was almost on the canvas if Floyd didn't hold him.

It's not your everyday sports fans, like those who populate this forum, paying for this.  Dude has over 22M YouTube subscribers.  Second half of the Sunday night BS podcast, Simmons had his son on at the end.  He was ecstatic that Paul was able to go the distance with Floyd.
My 16 year old wasn't interested in Paul/Floyd, but is totally jacked for Eddie Hall v Hafthor Bjornsson this Fall.  I expect we'll be buying that one.

I don't think he looked fine at all in that clip, he was almost on the canvas if Floyd didn't hold him.
I didn’t look, but was that the full clip? There was a short one going around that only showed the hold and not how 1 second later Paul grappled a bit and then the bell rang and Paul walked off to his corner just fine.

I didn’t look, but was that the full clip? There was a short one going around that only showed the hold and not how 1 second later Paul grappled a bit and then the bell rang and Paul walked off to his corner just fine.
It was the short one but it didn't look like a grapple to me, one arm over his Floyd's shoulder and hanging on.

Nothing, really.  Boxers always let their heads fall to waist level on guys a foot shorter?  Someone fishing today.
Floyd has his arm around him and is steering him over as Paul is trying to lean on him. It’s not weird looking at all. I’m not fishing, I’ve got probably a thousand plus posts in the boxing thread and would have been happy to see Floyd KO Paul.

Was Paul tired? Very. Was he hurt, sure. Knocked out? Not at all.
Didn't watch this abortion so going off the clips I see online:

I don't think he was out cold. 

I do think he would have fallen to the mat had he not been held up. 

I do think odds are good but not guaranteed he would have gotten back up had he hit the mat. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Paul tired? Very. Was he hurt, sure. Knocked out? Not at all.
he was hitting the mat there for sure.  i agree he bounces right back up, but he was headed down.

Floyd is a genius.  put on a joke of a production (by his standards), don't waste much time hyping the "fight", don't train, and get paid 50 million to not throw any punches.  He easily could have knocked that kid out.  But he didn't want to.  I think they are buddies actually. 

There is a sucker born every minute.

he was hitting the mat there for sure.  i agree he bounces right back up, but he was headed down.

Floyd is a genius.  put on a joke of a production (by his standards), don't waste much time hyping the "fight", don't train, and get paid 50 million to not throw any punches.  He easily could have knocked that kid out.  But he didn't want to.  I think they are buddies actually. 

There is a sucker born every minute.
I don't think they are buddies. Logan Paul stole Floyd's hat a few weeks ago and Floyd's bodyguards beat Paul up pretty good. 

Users who are viewing this thread