What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Foo Fighters are the greatest rock and roll band of all time (1 Viewer)

Nashville it is for me. My buddy scored nice lower level tix...this will be my first visit to Music City, and my 4th time seeing Grohl and company live. This will also be the 3rd state I've seen them in (Florida twice and Georgia once before this).

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they're playing 3 cities in Tennessee (Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville), yet Florida can't get a single show. :rant:

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they're playing 3 cities in Tennessee (Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville), yet Florida can't get a single show. :rant:
Texas has three of the top ten largest cities in the U.S. and so far no dates. But there's a show in Tulsa!

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say, Im not digging this new album. I liked Wasting Light and Sonic Highways form the get go...not feeling this one though. Horribly overproduced, muddled sound, and just not up to par IMO. I like 3 songs, and a 4th might grow on me.

I say this as a HUGE FF and Grohl fan...I hope they arent out of gas.

Animated short of the making of concrete and gold...pretty interesting. I could listen to Dave talk and tell stories all day.

https://youtu.be/XTeDhSypRgY

I would have loved to be in the room when Dave told the guys he wanted to work with Sia and Adele's producer :lmao:

Liking the new album a lot. And not a huge FF guy.  They're one of the few real rock bands left. 

I'm not a huge music guy but huge fans of these guys.   Could you imagine just being in that store and they roll up like that.... :lol:

I gotta say, Im not digging this new album. I liked Wasting Light and Sonic Highways form the get go...not feeling this one though. Horribly overproduced, muddled sound, and just not up to par IMO. I like 3 songs, and a 4th might grow on me.

I say this as a HUGE FF and Grohl fan...I hope they arent out of gas.
Agree with all of this.  Only a recent FF fan (say past ten years) but I feel that this one is not as good as Sonic Highways and LIGHT years way from Wasting Light.  Wasting Light to me was a really strong album from Day One.  Sonic Highways grew for me to be a good album in my view.  Only three listens in, but initial thoughts are I think I will have to force myself back into this for the next few listens.

Jesus...FF setlist from the other night in Richmond, VA...31 songs. :shock:

Run

I'll Stick Around

Learn to Fly

The Pretender

The Sky Is a Neighborhood

Something From Nothing

Walk

Rope (extended outro; with drum )

Sunday Rain

My Hero

These Days

Let It Die (first time live since 4/ 3/12)

All My Life

Enough Space

White Limo

Arlandria

Times Like These (solo into full band)

Breakout

Make It Right

I'm in Love With My Car (Queen cover) (Taylor Hawkins on lead vocals)

Skin and Bones

Jump / Fat Bottomed Girls (during band intros)

Monkey Wrench

Best of You

Encore:

Dirty Water

This Is a Call

La Dee Da

Wheels (first time in the US since 5/ 7/14)

Congregation

Concrete and Gold 

Everlong

Couple cancelled shows this week.  Selfishly, have tix to VoodooNola next weekend, so I hope that gig sticks.

More importantly, though, hope all is ok with Foo family.

I originally had plans to fly from Tampa to Nashville to see the show this week...plans ended up changing...my buddy, who lives in Nashville and bought the tix back when they first went on sale, just sold them to a friend of his 2 days ago.

I would have been flying into Nashville today...I wonder how many people have flights to these cities and how theyre screwed if they bought non refundable tickets.

:headbang:

Foos announce new 2018 tour dates (and theyre coming to Tampa on April 25th!!!! FINALLY!!!) Tickets on sale 11/3 (presale 10/30) according to FF Twitter

new 2018 tour dates:

Apr. 18 – Austin, Texas @ Austin360 Amphitheater
Apr. 19 – The Woodlands, Texas (Houston) @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Apr. 21 – Dallas, Texas @ Starplex Pavilion
Apr. 22 – Bossier City, La. @ CenturyLink Center
Apr. 25 – Tampa, Fla. @ MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre
Apr. 26 – West Palm Beach, Fla. @ Coral Sky Amphitheatre
Apr. 28 – Atlanta, Ga. @ Georgia State Stadium
Apr. 29 – Jacksonville, Fla. @ Welcome to Rockville
May 1 — Lexington, Ky. @ Rupp Arena (rescheduled from October 2017)
May 3 — Memphis, Tenn. @ Fed Ex Forum (rescheduled form Oct 2017)
July 7 — Philadelphia, Pa. @ BB&T Pavilion
July 12 — Toronto, Ontario @ Rogers Centre
July 14 – Wantagh, N.Y. @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater
July 16/17 – New York, N.Y. @ Madison Square Garden
July 19 – Pittsburgh, Pa. @ PPG Paints Arena
July 21/22 — Boston, Mass. @ Fenway Park
July 25 – Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (Cleveland) @ Blossom Music Center
July 26 – Noblesville, Ind. (Indianapolis) @ Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center
July 29 — Chicago, Ill. @ Wrigley Field

http://loudwire.com/foo-fighters-2018-concrete-and-gold-north-american-tour-dates/

Picked up tickets to the Tampa show in the lowest level, 8 rows behind the GA pit. Paid a small fortune on Stubhub, but Ive been waiting for them to come through the area for a long time and Ill be damned if Im not gonna have great seats, cuz who knows how long it'll be before they come back again.

:headbang:

I'm a huge FF fan. I always liked their music but since I've seen them live a few times I'm an even bigger fan! They sound so good live and Dave Grohl is such a cool guy! Definitely one of the best bands at this time!

Met Grohl a few years ago in Rehoboth Beach DE at Funland on the boardwalk. He and his family were just hanging out and going on rides (I was on the pirate ship ride with him).

Got to chat with him with a few minutes too, just talking about our kids.  Incredibly nice down-to-earth guy.

I never expected the foo too come to south Florida anytime soon and when they did I wasn't expecting them to play the west palm beach amphitheater.

i was able to get lawn seats via the presage but i see a stubhub purchase in my future. 

I never expected the foo too come to south Florida anytime soon and when they did I wasn't expecting them to play the west palm beach amphitheater.

i was able to get lawn seats via the presage but i see a stubhub purchase in my future. 
Great venue. I almost picked up 7th row tix in section 1 the other day...about $250/each on Stubhub...those seats are incredible because there isn't really a gen admin pit area so you're really close to the stage...I saw Tom Petty from the 14th row in that section in May...closest I've ever been to a stage without being in a pit.

So how rough was his voice in Sioux Falls, because he could barely speak/sing the night before in Des Moines.  Still a fantastic show by any measure.
Pretty rough. My buddy is a huge fan. He had listened to a couple songs from Des Moines online and thought it was slightly better than that show. I agree it was still a great show. Saw them previously when they came thru Omaha/CB awhile back 

I badly want to go to the Wrigley field show.  

Wife, of course, doesn't.

I might just go solo. 
I turn 50 on August 12th - my buddy (unfortunately a Cubs fan) is talking about a road trip to Wrigley.  Meanwhile the wife is getting tickets for the October show in KC for my birthday - could be getting two concerts out of just turning a year older.

I turn 50 on August 12th - my buddy (unfortunately a Cubs fan) is talking about a road trip to Wrigley.  Meanwhile the wife is getting tickets for the October show in KC for my birthday - could be getting two concerts out of just turning a year older.
Kinda freaky that my older brother turns 50 on Aug 12th also. Happy early 1/2 birthday!! ;)

Agree with all of this.  Only a recent FF fan (say past ten years) but I feel that this one is not as good as Sonic Highways and LIGHT years way from Wasting Light.  Wasting Light to me was a really strong album from Day One.  Sonic Highways grew for me to be a good album in my view.  Only three listens in, but initial thoughts are I think I will have to force myself back into this for the next few listens.
Tend to agree - really like Run, Sky is a Neighborhood, T-shirt (after the horrible intro), Make It Right and The Line.  La Dee Da and Dirty Water might grow on me.  The rest are okay, but haven't settled in yet.

Users who are viewing this thread