What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Foo Fighters are the greatest rock and roll band of all time (2 Viewers)

Anyone close to the band know if they're going to release more tour dates?
I can't see it happening, look at their tour archive. They've been at it pretty much nonstop since last spring. There's a break this winter during their Asia/Aussie tour, so there's hope there. Otherwise, maybe hope they're at one of the big festivals during the summer.

Well tonight the night. :banned: Any tips from people that have seen the show? Best place to stand to get a good view? Best time to go get beers? How were the two opening bands? I know a few song from Cage The Elephant but the first band sounds so so.
Update?
Just a great show. We got there in time for about half of Cage. Then FF came on and killed it. Non stop rock very loud. Only thing I didn't like was the crowd seemed kinda mellow. If I'm going to be on the the floor and stand I like to rock out a bit. Great time and I'm glad I took the next day off. :thumbup:

I feel like a freaking old ### nerd for buying them, but I did. We'll see if I need them.

Show was amazing. Got there about halfway through The Joy Formidable, who actually rocked pretty hard. Got a good spot about 20-30 feet up the catwalk (

, my phone corrupted the longer clip I took :sadbanana: ).My buddy was looking forward to Social Distortion, but I really thought they were pretty mediocre. They are not really my style, but aside from that they just didn't really bring the energy.

Foo came on and just blew me away. Dave is just an awesome dude and brought the energy for the entire night (I think they played for about 2 hrs 40 min).

How is this for an opening 5 songs:

Bridge Burning

Rope

The Pretender

My Hero

Learn to Fly

I mean, seriously.

I really enjoyed all the new songs off Wasting Light and it was good to hear the older stuff too. They closed the regular set with All My Life, which was probably my favorite of night, it just rocked hard. Six song encore, including a cover of Breakdown :lol: , and ending with Everlong.

Great great show, definitely a must see if you get the chance. :thumbup: :banned:

No... and still a slight ringing two days later... :unsure:
Going to the DC show tomorrow - hope we get a little something special in Dave's hometown. I am already fighting with my son (turns 14 next month) about whether or not he has to join me in wearing earplugs. I am hopelessly uncool and he dreads being contaminated.

I still cant believe Florida didnt get any dates this time. Still holding out hope but its not looking good :(

Show was amazing. Got there about halfway through The Joy Formidable, who actually rocked pretty hard. Got a good spot about 20-30 feet up the catwalk (

:thumbup: Man I really wanna hear Bridge Burning live. All My Life is always a great closer, but I think my favorite song to see/hear live is Monkey Wrench. It always blows the doors/roof off the place.

I was at the Newark show last night. Unbelievable, amazing, a solid show from top to bottom. The Joy Formidable were great (I'm a fan but I could understand how people would not like them). Completely rocked and loud as ####! Social D, what can I say? As old school as it comes. Tight as hell and the perfect opening band. Foo Fighters came on and punched the place in the mouth! Dave came out and declared that this was going to be an arena rock show and they didn't disappoint. They played about 7 off the new album mixed with the hits. The stage show and visuals were excellent. The sound, awesome. The encore was great. It started with Dave and Taylor on the video screens (filmed back stage) teasing the crowd, motioning how many more songs they wanted to hear. Got the place fired up. Encore started with Dave on acoustic playing solo on an elevated platform at the back of the arena. The band jumped back in during Best Of You with Dave returning to the stage. Then Dave brought out a special guest, Bob Mould! (We actually noticed Mould DJing the songs between bands from the sound board area, spot light on him. I'm not sure many people noticed it was him though.) They played Dear Rosemary and then Breakdown (Petty). Excellent! The show ended with Everlong and what seemed like an hour was actually 3 hours of FF. Great night!

Foos on Letterman tonight with special guest Joan Jett!! :excited:

Heres a clip from Jett and Foos in Madison Square Garden the other night doing Bad Reputation:

:headbang:

'Sammy B said:
I was at the Newark show last night. Unbelievable, amazing, a solid show from top to bottom. The Joy Formidable were great (I'm a fan but I could understand how people would not like them). Completely rocked and loud as ####! Social D, what can I say? As old school as it comes. Tight as hell and the perfect opening band. Foo Fighters came on and punched the place in the mouth! Dave came out and declared that this was going to be an arena rock show and they didn't disappoint. They played about 7 off the new album mixed with the hits. The stage show and visuals were excellent. The sound, awesome. The encore was great. It started with Dave and Taylor on the video screens (filmed back stage) teasing the crowd, motioning how many more songs they wanted to hear. Got the place fired up. Encore started with Dave on acoustic playing solo on an elevated platform at the back of the arena. The band jumped back in during Best Of You with Dave returning to the stage. Then Dave brought out a special guest, Bob Mould! (We actually noticed Mould DJing the songs between bands from the sound board area, spot light on him. I'm not sure many people noticed it was him though.) They played Dear Rosemary and then Breakdown (Petty). Excellent! The show ended with Everlong and what seemed like an hour was actually 3 hours of FF. Great night!
Great DC show on Friday. Sounds pretty much exactly like yours, right down to Bob Mould, who now lives in DC. Was a great time, was just a little disappointed that the show didn't seem to be tweaked any for it being in Dave's hometown. But it was undoubtedly state-of-the-art arena rock. Just a really awesome time.

'Sammy B said:
Great DC show on Friday. Sounds pretty much exactly like yours, right down to Bob Mould, who now lives in DC. Was a great time, was just a little disappointed that the show didn't seem to be tweaked any for it being in Dave's hometown. But it was undoubtedly state-of-the-art arena rock. Just a really awesome time.
Lucky guys, I was hoping Mould showed up in Phoenix. His voice adds so much to Rosemary.I heard he was at the Oakland show too.

Foos on Letterman tonight with special guest Joan Jett!! :excited:Heres a clip from Jett and Foos in Madison Square Garden the other night doing Bad Reputation:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5qv61AwNX8&feature=player_embedded#! :headbang:
Thanks for the heads up! I was really hoping she would have showed up last night since I knew she played at MSG the night before. Oh well. Amazing show anyway!

Foos on Letterman tonight with special guest Joan Jett!! :excited:Heres a clip from Jett and Foos in Madison Square Garden the other night doing Bad Reputation:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5qv61AwNX8&feature=player_embedded#! :headbang:
Nice. Tour's clearly taking its toll however, Grohl's energy level is dropping.

FF put on an epic show last night at the garden. (Have only seen about 3 live shows total) Seats were middle to the back after a last minute purchase on craigslist.I had no regret seeing these guys play. Hella good time I had with a stranger who was looking for someone to go with him.(middle aged dude 5-7 yrs older than me.) Setlist was basically as people posted in this thread. Amazed how durable these guys are on stage. I'm running on about 2 1/2s sleep. Off to work I go...

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, if I was is Australia or New Zealand in December, Id kill to see one of their shows - Tenacious D is opening for them on 6 dates. :shock: :excited:

Dave Grohl making a cameo as the drummer in a Muppet tribute band in the new Muppet movie. Just one more thing to add to the long list of reasons why if I could be anyone in the music biz, it would be Dave Grohl.

WTF? Turn it down a notch guys. After I attended that show in October, I just imagine Marty McFly getting blown back whenever I think of these guys getting together to jam.

link

Foo Fighters Concert Registers Earthquake-Level Geological Tremors

During a Dec. 13 show in Auckland, New Zealand, the Foos and some 50,000 fans caused tremors similar to a volcanic event.

Any doubts that the Dave Grohl-fronted band is the hardest rocking group in the business have been quelled thanks to new data from New Zealand’s GeoNet blog, which claims to have recorded geological tremors caused by the Foos’ Dec. 13 show in Auckland, New Zealand.

According to two seismic stations outside the Western Springs stadium -- 1.5 and 2 kilometers from the locale respectively – a strong low frequency of tremors were detected at the time of the show, correlating specifically with the highs and lows of the performance. The levels recorded were consistent with that of volcanic activity.

“The first vibrations were recorded around 7:30pm, part way through the Tenacious D set, but the biggest shakes started at 8:20pm when the Foo Fighters took the stage, and then it all went quiet at 11pm when the gig ended,” Geonet states.

“The concert vibrations were recorded as a semi continuous harmonic signal with a peak osculation of 3Hz, i.e. the ground was shaking 3 times per second in a nice rhythmic motion. There are lulls in the signal between the songs and peaks in signal intensity during the songs.”

The show, attended by some 50,000 fans, marked a temporary hiatus for the Foos’ Wasting Light worldwide tour, which will pick back up in March for performances in Japan, Latin America and North America. The band is up for six Grammy Awards during the Feb. 12 ceremony, including album of the year for Wasting Light, as well as best rock performance and best rock song for “Walk.”

'azgroover said:
WTF? Turn it down a notch guys. After I attended that show in October, I just imagine Marty McFly getting blown back whenever I think of these guys getting together to jam.

link

Foo Fighters Concert Registers Earthquake-Level Geological Tremors

During a Dec. 13 show in Auckland, New Zealand, the Foos and some 50,000 fans caused tremors similar to a volcanic event.

Any doubts that the Dave Grohl-fronted band is the hardest rocking group in the business have been quelled thanks to new data from New Zealand’s GeoNet blog, which claims to have recorded geological tremors caused by the Foos’ Dec. 13 show in Auckland, New Zealand.

According to two seismic stations outside the Western Springs stadium -- 1.5 and 2 kilometers from the locale respectively – a strong low frequency of tremors were detected at the time of the show, correlating specifically with the highs and lows of the performance. The levels recorded were consistent with that of volcanic activity.

“The first vibrations were recorded around 7:30pm, part way through the Tenacious D set, but the biggest shakes started at 8:20pm when the Foo Fighters took the stage, and then it all went quiet at 11pm when the gig ended,” Geonet states.

“The concert vibrations were recorded as a semi continuous harmonic signal with a peak osculation of 3Hz, i.e. the ground was shaking 3 times per second in a nice rhythmic motion. There are lulls in the signal between the songs and peaks in signal intensity during the songs.”

The show, attended by some 50,000 fans, marked a temporary hiatus for the Foos’ Wasting Light worldwide tour, which will pick back up in March for performances in Japan, Latin America and North America. The band is up for six Grammy Awards during the Feb. 12 ceremony, including album of the year for Wasting Light, as well as best rock performance and best rock song for “Walk.”
I was gonna post this early this morning but the board was down for a minute.I guess everyone commenting on how loud the shows have been werent kidding!!!!

Dave Grohl making a cameo as the drummer in a Muppet tribute band in the new Muppet movie. Just one more thing to add to the long list of reasons why if I could be anyone in the music biz, it would be Dave Grohl.
HUGE Grohl fan. My 21 year old daughter insisted I go to the Muppet movie with her and I'm like...WTF?!? The Grohl shows up in the cameo role and I understand. What a good kid.

HUGE Grohl fan. My 21 year old daughter insisted I go to the Muppet movie with her and I'm like...WTF?!? The Grohl shows up in the cameo role and I understand. What a good kid.
They show Dave playing in the pool with his young daughter on that Back and Forth doc. He probably has that same syndrome as when raunchy actors start making kids movies when their kids are young.

Saw them for the first time today. Absolutely ####### stellar. Best pure rock and roll band since I don't know who.

Man, I really wanna see the Foos at Pensacola Beach at the Deluna Festival in September, its $160 for a 3 day ticket (would also get to see Pearl Jam and a crapload of other bands), but theyre not selling single day tickets, and I dont wanna spend three days at a festival.

They play the Atlanta Midtown Music Fest that same weekend (Sept 21st), and a one day ticket to see them headline is only $70 ($120 for a 2-day ticket, and Pearl Jam is headlining day two). The Avett Brothers play right before Foo Fighters, so that would be pretty cool. The best thing about this show is they will have had almost a month off from their last previous show, so they should be fresh and re-energized.

One day ticket for Friday at Midtown Music Fest it is. I guess Ill make a weekend out of it and check out some of what Atlanta has to offer.

Guided by Voices are playing that Deluna festival. That might be enough to get me there. Might see the Orlando show and then that one. The Foos definitely rock live, I just don't really care for most of the material Grohl writes.

FWIW, I'm going to Deluna fest Friday night to see Pearl Jam, but am looking to sell my bracelet for the rest of the weekend. PM me if interested.

Going to see them tomorrow at Summerfest. Should be interesting as it's my first concert ever (I hate people/crowds/loud noises).

The show was good, they played every song, 2 and a half hours, that you would have wanted and some stuff from other bands (Genesis, Floyd, Cheap Trick, Tom Petty). You can just tell the difference between Grohl and the opening band last night in terms of their showmanship. It was good stuff.

My Hero was the highlight of the night, with the crowd singing the chorus. It was a very cool scene. Only concert I have ever been to so the next one, if their is one, will be tough to live up to.

The show was good, they played every song, 2 and a half hours, that you would have wanted and some stuff from other bands (Genesis, Floyd, Cheap Trick, Tom Petty). You can just tell the difference between Grohl and the opening band last night in terms of their showmanship. It was good stuff.My Hero was the highlight of the night, with the crowd singing the chorus. It was a very cool scene. Only concert I have ever been to so the next one, if their is one, will be tough to live up to.
That was your first concert ever? Wow, talk about setting the bar high right off the bat. Not many bands around can match FF live, let alone top them.Im still pissed they didnt schedule any dates in Florida on their latest tour (the upcoming festival in Pensacola doesnt count).Im still thinking about driving 8 hours to Atlanta to see them in September.

The show was good, they played every song, 2 and a half hours, that you would have wanted and some stuff from other bands (Genesis, Floyd, Cheap Trick, Tom Petty). You can just tell the difference between Grohl and the opening band last night in terms of their showmanship. It was good stuff.My Hero was the highlight of the night, with the crowd singing the chorus. It was a very cool scene. Only concert I have ever been to so the next one, if their is one, will be tough to live up to.
That was your first concert ever? Wow, talk about setting the bar high right off the bat. Not many bands around can match FF live, let alone top them.Im still pissed they didnt schedule any dates in Florida on their latest tour (the upcoming festival in Pensacola doesnt count).Im still thinking about driving 8 hours to Atlanta to see them in September.
Their festival setlists are pretty close to the arena ones. Also, the Atlanta show is a festival

Their festival setlists are pretty close to the arena ones. Also, the Atlanta show is a festival
Yeah I know, its why I haven't got a ticket yet. Im not sure I wanna deal with festival parking/crowds/bs

Yeah I know, its why I haven't got a ticket yet. Im not sure I wanna deal with festival parking/crowds/bs
you closer to pensecola or atlanta? I bought a weekend past for deluna but will only be going on friday night. I'm looking to try to sell my wristband after that friday show....if you're just looking to go to foos, let me know

Users who are viewing this thread