What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Football Manager (1 Viewer)

Alright, I know this will sound like sacrilege for a video game nerd like myself, but I've always been a console gamer and have played essentially no PC games ever. How does Steam work?
Go to Steam, download their app, make sure all of your software is up to date, purchase the game, download it and don't look back.

The Gator said:
I posted this in one of the video game threads...does anyone know how this works for Mac? I've been terribly underwhelmed with FIFA's manager mode in these last few seasons, and would love to move into this.
looking at their page now... looks like 2011 doesn't have a mac-clone, but 2010 does... not sure if they are just delayed with 2011...
I spoke too soon...http://community.sigames.com/showthread.ph...n-NOW-AVAILABLE!
The only way to get the mac clone is through torrents? Nothing ***OFFICIAL*** on the FM site?
that was the official... the link is to the FM forums, from SI Sports... Steam works better I'm sure, but I don't use steam myself.

is there a way to get updated rosters right now? Thought i'd ask here before scouring their boards. Really dislike having to play Torres and he's been hurt every other game so far. :thumbup:

is there a way to get updated rosters right now? Thought i'd ask here before scouring their boards. Really dislike having to play Torres and he's been hurt every other game so far. :yes:
Search the (many) FM websites out there for updated rosters that include the winter deals. Might be tough though.

is there a way to get updated rosters right now? Thought i'd ask here before scouring their boards. Really dislike having to play Torres and he's been hurt every other game so far. :towelwave:
oh, and good luck with ever having Torres healthy for a full season...

is there a way to get updated rosters right now? Thought i'd ask here before scouring their boards. Really dislike having to play Torres and he's been hurt every other game so far. :shrug:
I did it on FM10. I subbed him if I was well ahead and let him rest for games again lower table teams. Not sure how different his stats are now.

is there a way to get updated rosters right now? Thought i'd ask here before scouring their boards. Really dislike having to play Torres and he's been hurt every other game so far. :shrug:
I did it on FM10. I subbed him if I was well ahead and let him rest for games again lower table teams. Not sure how different his stats are now.
oh, I was merely commenting on real life...

oh, I was merely commenting on real life...
:thumbup:

is there a way to get updated rosters right now? Thought i'd ask here before scouring their boards. Really dislike having to play Torres and he's been hurt every other game so far. :lmao:
:)I'm playing Liverpool as well. Just sold him to Man City for $50 million. Only got $26 back into the coffers for transfer fees, though. Have successfully bought Carroll but not Suarez. I may just have to start over, and try that database above that already has all the transfers completed.

is there a way to get updated rosters right now? Thought i'd ask here before scouring their boards. Really dislike having to play Torres and he's been hurt every other game so far. <_<
:lmao:I'm playing Liverpool as well. Just sold him to Man City for $50 million. Only got $26 back into the coffers for transfer fees, though. Have successfully bought Carroll but not Suarez. I may just have to start over, and try that database above that already has all the transfers completed.
how was the backlash when you sold him? Looking at options in case that update doesn't work for me.

is there a way to get updated rosters right now? Thought i'd ask here before scouring their boards. Really dislike having to play Torres and he's been hurt every other game so far. <_<
:lmao:I'm playing Liverpool as well. Just sold him to Man City for $50 million. Only got $26 back into the coffers for transfer fees, though. Have successfully bought Carroll but not Suarez. I may just have to start over, and try that database above that already has all the transfers completed.
how was the backlash when you sold him? Looking at options in case that update doesn't work for me.
Not sure yet. Got the initial "fans aren't happy with the sale" message when I did it last night, but then my wife, who is not pleased that I spent all of Friday night playing, and post Super Bowl last night playing, came in and wanted me to spend time with her in the living room before bed. Such is life.

i've got this coming to me via goozex this week. any pointers for a newb? i don't think i've played a sim like this in maybe 15 years.

Question on individual training:

I set the individual training by going into their profile and using the drop down tab on the right side of their profile. Click what I want them to train and some of their attributes change color. (sorry, it's not right on front of me now)

This doesn't seem to stay. Do I need to do that every day, or is there some feature i'm missing?

i've got this coming to me via goozex this week. any pointers for a newb? i don't think i've played a sim like this in maybe 15 years.
Start hiding money.
It will eat your life.I spend time at work thinking about or researching Football Manager players/tactics/trainings/etc. That's how addictive it is.I'm kind of pissed that this thread even exists. It seems I can't separate my FFA addiction from my FM addiction, and that's a bad bad thing.BTW, I'm using ParkthePlane v2 (with some mods) as my base tactic. It's easy to find if you just search on google. It's a pretty impressive counter-attacking, solidly defensive system. The two downsides are that it's tough to transition to an all-out attack if you're behind and need goals, and that it's vulnerable to pacey wingers who can nail crosses. The middle of the park gets clogged, and if teams want to tie you up and play for a 0-0 draw, that's doable. The flip-side is that it's great against teams that take your side for granted, and play with an pushed-up attacking mentality. Those teams can get eaten up big time on the counter attack.The most important players for this formation are: AMC, DC, DL/DR, DM, and at least 1 good striker with some flair (in that order). GK and central MFs are less important IMO and I use a rotation system to keep them fresh.

Please stop bumping this thread. I don't need this game right now. I need to concentrate on other things. Every time I see this thread on page 1, I inch that much closer to buying it.

charvik said:
This is supposed to have all the latest transfers...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.p...ile&id=4392
thanks

I'll see if that's mac compatible when I get home later

Training Torres with the goalies now...eff 'em
All files are compatible with both versions. I freely move saves and other stuff between two or three PCs and a Mac.
good news and bad news...Good news; came home for lunch to get this done and the update was seamless and worked perfectly

bad news; came home for lunch to get this done and the update was seamless and worked perfectly :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
charvik said:

thanks

All files are compatible with both versions. I freely move saves and other stuff between two or three PCs and a Mac.
good news and bad news...Good news; came home for lunch to get this done and the updated was seamless and worked perfectly

bad news; came home for lunch to get this done and the updated was seamless and worked perfectly :excited:
:hifive: Well, looks like I'm going to start over, then. Oh well. Liverpool 2.0, here we come

Step 1) Sell Lucas

Start hiding money.
It will eat your life.I spend time at work thinking about or researching Football Manager players/tactics/trainings/etc. That's how addictive it is.I'm kind of pissed that this thread even exists. It seems I can't separate my FFA addiction from my FM addiction, and that's a bad bad thing.
:excited:

charvik said:

thanks

good news and bad news...Good news; came home for lunch to get this done and the updated was seamless and worked perfectly

bad news; came home for lunch to get this done and the updated was seamless and worked perfectly :lmao:
:goodposting: Well, looks like I'm going to start over, then. Oh well. Liverpool 2.0, here we come

Step 1) Sell Lucas
:lol: Look at Daniel Kofi Agyei. 18yo I brought in to back up Lucas...the scouts loved him. :goodposting:

Anyone looking for a striker might want to grab Alberto Bueno pretty quick. Derby County (my team) has him on loan from Real Valladolid and he's been an absolute scoring monster. Too bad I can't keep him because he's too expensive. :thumbup:

Got the new updated Liverpool up and running. Looking to bring in a bunch of U18 players with the transfer budget this season. Build up the youth and then see what star I can bring in next summer.... Jovetic> hey

Neymar went for big cash again to Chelsea (15m I think it was)

Got the new updated Liverpool up and running. Looking to bring in a bunch of U18 players with the transfer budget this season. Build up the youth and then see what star I can bring in next summer.... Jovetic> hey Neymar went for big cash again to Chelsea (15m I think it was)
You playing in Pounds, Dollars, or Euros?

BTW, I'm into the 3rd round of the FA Cup again this season with my Cockfosters side. Currently sitting top of the table as well. Plus, we're making money even though we only sell about 300 tickets per game.

Got the new updated Liverpool up and running. Looking to bring in a bunch of U18 players with the transfer budget this season. Build up the youth and then see what star I can bring in next summer.... Jovetic> hey Neymar went for big cash again to Chelsea (15m I think it was)
You playing in Pounds, Dollars, or Euros?
PoundsCan you change it to dollars? Chamberlain from Southampton is a solid add too. Just played the first league game last night after two legs of the EURO cup. I'll get a complete list of who I added and what I'm starting the season with there. Can't wait for Friday night :mellow:

You can change your currency in the preferences, but I'd suggest leaving it on pounds. Pretty much everything you find on the web regarding the game will be in pounds or occasionally euros.

GoFishTN said:
You can change your currency in the preferences, but I'd suggest leaving it on pounds. Pretty much everything you find on the web regarding the game will be in pounds or occasionally euros.
I'll be changing mine to GBP then. My players aren't worth anything anyway (right now).

Please stop bumping this thread. I don't need this game right now. I need to concentrate on other things. Every time I see this thread on page 1, I inch that much closer to buying it.
:thumbdown: I'm addicted to the FIFA 10 manager mode even though the management side of it is unimpressive. This sounds about 1000x better.

Anyone looking for a striker might want to grab Alberto Bueno pretty quick. Derby County (my team) has him on loan from Real Valladolid and he's been an absolute scoring monster. Too bad I can't keep him because he's too expensive. ;)
I think Tottenham got him in my game. He's a real pain in the ### to deal with (that's how I recognize the name).I'm in my 3rd year as Wolves manager and my investments in the youth program are starting to take off. A few 4-4-1/2 starlets coming out.Edit: Hany Moustafa from Zamalek in Egypt pans out as a 4-1/2 star striker. At 19 he is at 3-1/2. Werder Bremen buys him later in 2011/2012 year in my game for $1MM. Anyway, I suppose if you are just starting out you may be able to grab him for cheap. I paid a lot more.

Ok, here is what I've worked up to in my short time with the updated software:

Liverpool

£35mil starting transfer budget

IN

Alex Chamberlain, M/AM, £2.1

Daniel Kofi Agyei, DM/M, £5

Vaclav Kadlec, ST/AM, £2

Zeli ismail, ST, £2.2

Yaisien Abdallah, AM/M, £3.6

OUT

Dani Pacheco, loan

Gerado Bruna, loan

Milan Jovanovich, loan/sale

Jay Spearing, loan

Wisdom, loan

£21mil remaining transfer budget

Current formation: 4-1-3-2

Starting XI:

GK: Reina

DL: Agger

DCL: Skrtel

DCR: Carragher

DR: Johnson

CDM: Lucas

CM: Meireles

AML: Cole

AMR: Gerrard

ST: Suarez

ST: Carroll

-------------

Bench:

Kelly

Aurelio

Maxi

Shelvey

Kuyt

Kadlec

Agyei

EURO Cup Form:

D - 0-0 Cibalia

W - 6-0 Cibalia

W - 3-0 Dianamo Minsk

W - 6-1 Dianamo Minsk

Premier League Form:

L - 0-2 ManU

W - 3-1 Blackpool

W - 4-1 Stoke

Ok, here is what I've worked up to in my short time with the updated software:

Liverpool

£35mil starting transfer budget

IN

Alex Chamberlain, M/AM, £2.1

Daniel Kofi Agyei, DM/M, £5

Vaclav Kadlec, ST/AM, £2

OUT

Dani Pacheco, loan

Gerado Bruna, loan

Milan Jovanovich, loan/sale

£26mil remaining transfer budget

Current formation: 4-1-3-2

Starting XI:

GK: Reina

DL: Agger

DCL: Skrtel

DCR: Carragher

DR: Johnson

CDM: Lucas

CM: Meireles

AML: Cole

AMR: Gerrard

ST: Suarez

ST: Carroll

-------------

Bench:

Kelly

Aurelio

Maxi

Shelvey

Kuyt

Kadlec

Agyei
Chamberlain never makes it past my reserves for some reason. I was still tinkering with training at that time, but he just doesn't come out all that good.

Chamberlain never makes it past my reserves for some reason. I was still tinkering with training at that time, but he just doesn't come out all that good.
If you come across anything that seems to work let me know. He's roaming around my reserves now.

:thumbup: I'm addicted to the FIFA 10 manager mode even though the management side of it is unimpressive. This sounds about 1000x better.
If you're addicted to FIFA 10 manager mode, you'll probably LOVE this (even though I haven't played it yet). I found FIFA 10's manager mode to be considerably worse than prior years.

So... anyone interested in putting together an FBG EPL FM league?

I'll play Newcastle BTW.

If you come across anything that seems to work let me know. He's roaming around my reserves now.
I don't think his potential is very high. He is a 2nd choice player on my Southampton save, but he's not really that great.

Users who are viewing this thread