What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

I already lost a stupid kicker.

My 5 defenses managed a top score of 4 points.

:bag:
D's had a bad week overall.  Only 2 scored in double digits (Saints w/15 and WAS w/14).  Only 11 D's scored more than 4 points, and the weekly average was only 4.375.  Heck, you could've spent $50 on a combo of SF, CHI, PHI, MIN, TB, DEN, LAR, IND, GB, DAL, CLE, TEN, and HOU and still ended up with the same 4 points.

I'd be more bummed about my stupid kicker

D's had a bad week overall.  Only 2 scored in double digits (Saints w/15 and WAS w/14).  Only 11 D's scored more than 4 points, and the weekly average was only 4.375.  Heck, you could've spent $50 on a combo of SF, CHI, PHI, MIN, TB, DEN, LAR, IND, GB, DAL, CLE, TEN, and HOU and still ended up with the same 4 points.

I'd be more bummed about my stupid kicker
Winz you couldnt post all the player scores in a spoiler post here could you? :)

-QG

And in what will surely be another theme this year - Seibert might be back in the contest already.  Claimed by the Bengals and would be in the lineup if Bullock can't recover from his imaginary leg ailments.

-QG

To select only 4 WR's takes nards, and then to use all 4 of their scores is pretty impressive.
Well, I picked great ones...hahahaa

I actually crafted my team awhile ago and never got a chance to go back in.  I actually didn't realize that I only had 4 WR's.   Hopefully they stay healthy and productive. 

There only would've been a cutoff if there were ~3300 more entries, so no.  
Lucky for me. I sucked. Brees meh; Saquon meh; Terry McLaurin, meh.  My best score was from Crowder and my best RB was a guy I took thinking he might show up later in the season, Joshua Kelley.  

The bottom 4 teams have 15-20 QBs so I am guessing they did not understand the rules of the contest. 

The funny part (sorry to this person) is the 5th from the bottom. He has a legitimate team with some good players, but only his QBs did much. He had 96 points and his top RB is out. 

I am not trying to be mean, but that is normally how my luck goes. 

The bottom 4 teams have 15-20 QBs so I am guessing they did not understand the rules of the contest. 

The funny part (sorry to this person) is the 5th from the bottom. He has a legitimate team with some good players, but only his QBs did much. He had 96 points and his top RB is out. 

I am not trying to be mean, but that is normally how my luck goes. 
seriously - they had to be able to squeeze 1 or 2 more onto their roosters

-QG

Another gimmick team with a common theme.  Can you spot the theme?

QB - Rodgers ($14), Newton ($11), Roethlisberger ($11) - total $36
RB - Gurley ($24), Mostert ($20), White ($15), Freeman ($8), Gore ($3), Lewis ($3), Thompson ($3) - total $76
WR - Jones ($29), Cooks ($14), Sanders ($11), Watkins ($10), Tate ($9), Amendola ($5), Jeffery ($5), Bourne ($3) - total $86
TE - Higbee ($15), Hooper ($12), Olsen ($7) - total $34
K - Crosby ($4), Hauschka ($3), Gostkowski ($2) - total $9
D - GB ($3), SEA ($3), TEN ($3) - total $9

Week 1 trim to 13,500 teams (all advance if we have fewer entries)
Week 2 trim to 10,000 teams
Week 3 trim to 6,500 teams
Week 4 trim to 4,500 teams
Week 5 trim to 3,200 teams
Week 6 trim to 2,200 teams
Week 7 trim to 1,500 teams
Week 8 trim to 1,100 teams
Week 9 trim to 750 teams
Week 10 trim to 500 teams
Week 11 trim to 250 teams

I think they have been very transparent and most years if i remember their has been no cut week 1

I contacted both sites.  I really don't think this endeavor qualifies for the free version on mysportsfeed but we'll see I guess.  profootballapi at $20 per month seems reasonable and it only has a 1 minute delay in making the data available through their service.  I'll keep you guys posted.
It doesn't look good so far guys.  Neither of these companies has returned my email.  I sent a second email to both sites so let's hope they respond.  I'm not signing up/paying either of them if this is an example of their customer service.

Week 9 trim to 750 teams

I think they have been very transparent and most years if i remember their has been no cut week 1
I think the guy was just joking. 

Week 9 trim to 750 teams

I think the guy was just joking. 
Inside joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember seeing numbers of entries by team size, so here goes...

18 - 2992 (29%)
19 - 1381 (14%)
20 - 1193 (12%)
21 - 943 (9%)
22 - 882 (9%)
23 - 732 (7%)
24 - 555 (5%)
25 - 412 (4%)
26 - 332 (3%)
27 - 266 (3%)
28 - 171 (2%)
29 - 141 (1%)
30 - 226 (2%)
Who-Hoo!!  I'm a true 1%'er!

It doesn't look good so far guys.  Neither of these companies has returned my email.  I sent a second email to both sites so let's hope they respond.  I'm not signing up/paying either of them if this is an example of their customer service.
Still nothing from either of these sites which is a big read flag - a potential customer contacts you twice and no response.  If neither of these promising leads work out, could we do some sort of crowd sourcing?  Not sure what that would look like.  I haven't used MFL in a long time - could that be used somehow to create a league where we could get the player stats?  Ideally it would be all the players in the FBG contest on one MFL screen so the data could easily be pulled from one place.  Trying to think out side the box here.

Still nothing from either of these sites which is a big read flag - a potential customer contacts you twice and no response.  If neither of these promising leads work out, could we do some sort of crowd sourcing?  Not sure what that would look like.  I haven't used MFL in a long time - could that be used somehow to create a league where we could get the player stats?  Ideally it would be all the players in the FBG contest on one MFL screen so the data could easily be pulled from one place.  Trying to think out side the box here.
32-team league where each team coincidentally is all the players in the contest by NFL team? ;)

-QG

I think the MFL live scoring API would work if you set up a best ball league for free and set the rosters deep enough to get all the contest players on teams. Would need mapping between the MFL playerid and the contest player.

An alternative, the MFL gamecenter pages look like they're simple as far as page content, just a bunch of html tables, no fancy dancy realtime javascript updating.

https://www50.myfantasyleague.com/2020/pro_matchup?L=27197&W=1&MATCHUP=TEN%2CDEN

BroadwayG said:
I think the MFL live scoring API would work if you set up a best ball league for free and set the rosters deep enough to get all the contest players on teams. Would need mapping between the MFL playerid and the contest player.

An alternative, the MFL gamecenter pages look like they're simple as far as page content, just a bunch of html tables, no fancy dancy realtime javascript updating.

https://www50.myfantasyleague.com/2020/pro_matchup?L=27197&W=1&MATCHUP=TEN%2CDEN
🤞

There is only 1 entry with all 10 of the most common players

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2020/103400.php
Not my fault people think I am popular.  😎

Also, I would officially like to donate the special $100 bonus to the Steeler calcomatic fund if the entry makes it that far. Won’t help this season but it’ll make a nice dent next year.  Already have a lifetime FBG membership too.  Tapping out of the bonus 😆 

I use MFL api for pulling rosters, free agents, etc. from my leagues into google sheets. 

I asked last week if anyone is already in a MFL league with same/similar scoring to this. 

I'm in a lot of leagues but none with 6 pass TD.

If someone does please point me to the MFL leaggue and I'll try to help. thanks

I'm assuming if I could get the data into a gsheet table each week that somone could link/import it into the live scoring app?

I use MFL api for pulling rosters, free agents, etc. from my leagues into google sheets. 

I asked last week if anyone is already in a MFL league with same/similar scoring to this. 

I'm in a lot of leagues but none with 6 pass TD.

If someone does please point me to the MFL leaggue and I'll try to help. thanks

I'm assuming if I could get the data into a gsheet table each week that somone could link/import it into the live scoring app?
I appreciate the offer but I would rather pull the data directly from MFL if possible so there is no manual intervention each week.  Also, no need for a similar scoring system because I'm already applying the FBG Contest scoring to the raw stats.  Since you are familiar with MFL API, is there an endpoint for pulling live data for all players?

How much does an MFL league cost?  There is a free trial for the first 4 weeks of the season but I don't want to start down that path unless I know the total cost before starting... can't find it on MFL site.

How much does an MFL league cost?  There is a free trial for the first 4 weeks of the season but I don't want to start down that path unless I know the total cost before starting... can't find it on MFL site.
MFL league at this point in the season is ~$90.  If I get this thing going people are going to send donations, right :)

I'm setting up one of those draft only leagues for testing (free).

It allows up to 100 teams but I don't see the option to have multiple players per team.

Instead I'm setting it up as groups by pos (QB1 QB2 RB1 RB2 RB3, etc.) for each 'franchise'

Thinking this would allow me to pull live scoring data but will see.

If we were to go for the paid option on MFL then we could configure actual entries for live scoring (not sure the limit of teams). Cost would likely be <$90 that someone posted. 

Would be easy enough to setup on leaguesafe for small donation to get MFL fees covered.

Feel free to slide into my DMs if need be. I spent a lot of time with the API for my mfl10s website before they transitioned to fanball. I'm sure I have some of my old code laying around.

Users who are viewing this thread