What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

For Eagles Fans (1 Viewer)

CYP

Champion Truth Teller
August 9, 2005 Placed wide receiver Todd Pinkston on injured reserve with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

August 29, 2005 Placed running back Correll Buckhalter on injured reserve.

August 31, 2005 Placed defensive end Jerome McDougle and safety J.R. Reed on the reserve-non-football injury and fullback Thomas Tapeh on the physically-unable-to-perform list.

September 21, 2005 Signed kicker Todd France to the practice squad

October 1, 2005 Signed kicker Todd France from the practice squad

October 5, 2005 placed defensive tackle Paul Grasmanis on injured reserve

October 26, 2005 Claimed kicker Jose Cortez off waivers from the Dallas Cowboys; released kicker Todd France.

November 2, 2005 Placed punter Dirk Johnson on injured reserve with a groin injury

November 5, 2005 Suspended wide receiver Terrell Owens for conduct detrimental to the team.

November 10, 2005 placed linebacker Jason Short and center Hank Fraley on injured reserve and wide receiver Terrell Owens on the reserve-suspended list.

November 16, 2005 placed safety Sean Considine on injured reserve.

November 23, 2005 Placed quarterback Donovan McNabb and cornerback Lito Sheppard on injured reserve

November 26, 2005 Placed tackle Tra Thomas on injured reserve

December 12, 2005 Placed running back Brian Westbrook on injured reserve

December 21, 2005 Placed tackle Todd Herremans on injured reserve

Why would you want to remember all this?
For the simple fact that most Eagles fans I know think they will continue to suck and thats just not the case

August 9, 2005 Placed wide receiver Todd Pinkston on injured reserve with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

Pinkston sucks.

August 29, 2005 Placed running back Correll Buckhalter on injured reserve.

This was a blow to the Eagles depth at RB, but I'd argue that Gordon and Moats contributed just fine.

August 31, 2005 Placed defensive end Jerome McDougle and safety J.R. Reed on the reserve-non-football injury and fullback Thomas Tapeh on the physically-unable-to-perform list.

That didn't help.

September 21, 2005 Signed kicker Todd France to the practice squad

October 1, 2005 Signed kicker Todd France from the practice squad.

October 5, 2005 placed defensive tackle Paul Grasmanis on injured reserve.

Never heard of him. Did he start?

October 26, 2005 Claimed kicker Jose Cortez off waivers from the Dallas Cowboys; released kicker Todd France.

David Akers was missed, but I'm not sure if the Eagles lost any games outright because of his injury.

November 2, 2005 Placed punter Dirk Johnson on injured reserve with a groin injury

November 5, 2005 Suspended wide receiver Terrell Owens for conduct detrimental to the team.

Yeah that was bad, but Owens won't be playing for the Eagles in 2006.

November 10, 2005 placed linebacker Jason Short and center Hank Fraley on injured reserve and wide receiver Terrell Owens on the reserve-suspended list.

Never heard of these guys. If Hank Fraley was the starting center then that's never good.

November 16, 2005 placed safety Sean Considine on injured reserve.

This one sucked.

November 23, 2005 Placed quarterback Donovan McNabb and cornerback Lito Sheppard on injured reserve

This is the one that finally did them in.

November 26, 2005 Placed tackle Tra Thomas on injured reserve.

Ouch.

December 12, 2005 Placed running back Brian Westbrook on injured reserve

The season was basically over with when this happened.

December 21, 2005 Placed tackle Todd Herremans on injured reserve

Ditto.
I do agree that the Eagles will do better this year, but think they'll miss the playoffs with the Giants and Redskins fighting for 1st place in the NFC East.

I do agree that the Eagles will do better this year, but think they'll miss the playoffs with the Giants and Redskins fighting for 1st place in the NFC East.
OH I beg to differ with your view there. The Redskins make the same balls out moves every year and it gets them nowhere. Who is going to throw the ball? Brunell? The Giants I dont know about but we'll see. I would say that Dallas may be the biggest competition in the division this year. This list also didnt include any game day injuries which were also many. This team was just snake bitten last year and I dont imagine this year will be the same especially with a 4th place schedule.

Wow, I completely forgot about the Cowboys. I think Mark Brunell will do just fine. He's no Peyton Manning, but who is? Yeah the Eagles are going to have to wait another year IMO.

Ok, let's do this for the Packers too then!

August 31, 2005 Placed linebacker Kurt Campbell and Steve Fleming on injured reserve.

September 22, 2005 Placed wide receiver Javon Walker on injured reserve with a torn ACL; re-signed tight end Ben Steele.

October 6, 2005 Signed running back ReShard Lee; placed wide receiver Terrence Murphy on injured reserve.

October 11, 2005 Placed running back Najeh Davenport on injured reserve.

October 17, 2005 Signed running back Sam Gado to the practice squad; released running back Bobby Purify from the practice squad.

October 26, 2005 Placed running back Ahman Green on injured reserve

October 29, 2005 Placed safety Earl Little on injured reserve; signed running back Samkon Gado to the active roster.

November 12, 2005 Placed running back Walt Williams on injured reserve.

November 23, 2005 Placed cornerback Jason Horton on injured reserve

November 30, 2005 Signed running back Noah Herron from the Pittsburgh Steelers practice squad; re-signed safety Todd Franz and placed safety Jeremy Thornburg on injured reserve.

December 2, 2005 Placed running back ReShard Lee on injured reserve.

December 14, 2005 Claimed linebacker John Leake off waivers from the Atlanta

Falcons; placed linebacker Brady Poppinga on injured reserve.

December 23, 2005 Placed tight end Bubba Franks and punter B.J. Sander on injured reserve; signed punter Ryan Flinn and promoted safety Atari Bigby from the practice squad; signed running back Ran Carthon to the practice squad.

December 29, 2005 Placed linebacker Robert Thomas on injured reserve.

December 30, 2005 Placed wide receiver Robert Ferguson on injured reserve

January 3, 2006 Fired coach Mike Sherman.

Packers vs. Eagles in the NFC Championship Game! WOOOHOOO!

I have the eagles d in 2 dynasty leagues. Expect them to be a top 10 as they come back from injuries, fa's and the offense takes away some of the pressure.

OH I beg to differ with your view there. The Redskins make the same balls out moves every year and it gets them nowhere. Who is going to throw the ball? Brunell? The Giants I dont know about but we'll see. I would say that Dallas may be the biggest competition in the division this year. This list also didnt include any game day injuries which were also many. This team was just snake bitten last year and I dont imagine this year will be the same especially with a 4th place schedule.
Eagles are going to have a real hard time in the NFC East this year. Dallas, Washington, and New York have been stocking up on talent the past couple of years. Philly has done almost nothing, their WR's are going to come back to haunt them, ecspecially if they run the ball like they did last year.

I think this says it all for the NYJ:

10/31 Placed LB Eric Barton, C Kevin Mawae and QB Chad Pennington on injured reserve.

11/8 Placed TE Chris Baker and WR Wayne Chrebet on injured reserve.

11/14 Placed OT Jason Fabini on injured reserve.

10/31 Placed LB Eric Barton, C Kevin Mawae and QB Chad Pennington on injured reserve.

No, you left something out: the Jets suck, even at 100% health.

OH I beg to differ with your view there. The Redskins make the same balls out moves every year and it gets them nowhere into the playoffs last year. Who is going to throw the ball? Brunell who threw for 3000 yards and 23 TDs with only 10 picks last year? ...
Fixed your post.

Guess we've identified the Dolphins fan...

Guess we've identified the Dolphins fan...
It all comes out in the wash...the Chris Baker loss was devastating to the organization and the whole state.

Pinkston sucks.
Pinkston gets a ton of hate on this board and from Eagles fans, but he stretches the field and is an important part of the offense.In 2004, Pinkston averaged 18.8 ypc and had 6 catches of 40+ yards. Let's compare that to some other WR's

2004 catches of 40+ yards

Pinkston - 6

Holt - 4

R. Moss - 6 (13 games)

C. Johnson - 5

M. Harrison - 3

A. Lelie - 5

Also, in 2003, he had 5, so I don't want to hear it was only because T.O. was there (who had a monstrous 9 grabs of 40+ yards in 2004).

Bottomline - a healthy Pinkston makes the offense better, and guys like Reggie, McNabb, L.J., and Jibber Jabar will benefit from him coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you want to remember all this?
For the simple fact that most Eagles fans I know think they will continue to suck and thats just not the case
Most Eagles fans I know think the team is still the class of the division. THAT'S just not the case.

Eagles are going to have a real hard time in the NFC East this year. Dallas, Washington, and New York have been stocking up on talent the past couple of years. Philly has done almost nothing, their WR's are going to come back to haunt them, ecspecially if they run the ball like they did last year.
I agree. They've done the least to improve themselves over the last 2-3 offseasons, while the other three teams have been very active. IMHO the division has caught them, but that was disguised last year by all of the Eagles' injuries.

dotman - I won't disagree with your thoughts on Pinkston, but the Eagles shouldn't have him as their 1st or 2nd WR IMO. Maybe he'd shine as the 3rd WR, being covered by the defense's 3rd CB.

It gets them nowhere? Weren't they in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year? And didn't Brunell lead them there despite only having 1 WR who could do anything?

It gets them nowhere? Weren't they in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year? And didn't Brunell lead them there despite only having 1 WR who could do anything?
I see a lot of this whistling through the graveyard by people - particularly fans of other NFC East teams - who have it in for the 'Skins. If you think that the moves made by the current regime are comparable to what the 'Skins were doing with Turner, Schottenheimer or Spurrier at the helm, you clearly either don't know much about football or you're being wilfully blind.

Injuries are part of the NFL. Some years they are worse than other. Like Philly the Pats were devastated. Unlike Philly they regrouped won the division and actually won a playoff game. In the end you're going to get injuries and if you can't handle it than you're doomed. That is why roster depth is the most underrated facet of the NFL. Everyone seems to focus on the big name free agents or the top 5-10 players on a team but quite often it's those obscure or unknown players that can save or lose a season.

I agree with your post, and I would add that it's not only roster depth, it's quality coaching. The average player age in the NFL has declined since the start of the salary cap era, which puts more pressure on coaches to teach younger players, and to design systems in which they can be succesful. Teams like NE, PHI, PIT, and DEN have been very succesful at plugging new players into their system and getting excellent production. That is partly a function of the system itself!

I think many people who are predicting the Eagles to drop to the bottom of the division are leaving out one important point. The Eagles have the premier QB in the division. McNabb lead some pretty unimpressive offensive teams to 10+ win seasons over the years. Sure they had good defensive teams too, but McNabb, when healthy, can put the team on his shoulders and single-handedly win games. The Eagles haven't done a lot in the offseason, but I'd wait and see what happens on draft day before I go condemning the Birds to the division basement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Injuries are part of the NFL. Some years they are worse than other. Like Philly the Pats were devastated. Unlike Philly they regrouped won the division and actually won a playoff game. In the end you're going to get injuries and if you can't handle it than you're doomed. That is why roster depth is the most underrated facet of the NFL. Everyone seems to focus on the big name free agents or the top 5-10 players on a team but quite often it's those obscure or unknown players that can save or lose a season.
Good points. You're missing one major point though. The Patriots didn't lose Tom Brady. If the Patriots ENTIRE team stayed healthy and the only player they lost was Brady, they wouldn't sniff .500. Losing a safety or a cornerback or a lineman can be masked. When you lose your QB, you're in trouble.

Exactly. The Eagles lost McNabb, Lito Sheppard, Terrell Owens, Tra Thomas, David Akers (all pro-bowl caliber), Brian Westbrook and Jerome McDougle.

No team can perform without such key players.

Users who are viewing this thread