What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Found somebody's keys - How do I get them to the owner (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
So I went out on my screened porch today and noticed a set of keys sitting on my bench. They are on a carabiner with a mercedes key, a house key, and a few other keys. I'm guessing that someone found them on the sidewalk and assumed they were mine. I go to check my security camera and find out that, of course, it is dead.

The only piece of slightly identifying information is a key chain tag with a car dealership on it and the dealership's phone number.

So what do I do to try to get these back to the owner? Is there any chance that the dealership can determine who the car key belongs to? Other ideas?

Help me, FFA, you're my only hope.

So I went out on my screened porch today and noticed a set of keys sitting on my bench. They are on a carabiner with a mercedes key, a house key, and a few other keys. I'm guessing that someone found them on the sidewalk and assumed they were mine. I go to check my security camera and find out that, of course, it is dead.

The only piece of slightly identifying information is a key chain tag with a car dealership on it and the dealership's phone number.

So what do I do to try to get these back to the owner? Is there any chance that the dealership can determine who the car key belongs to? Other ideas?

Help me, FFA, you're my only hope.
Take to dealer.

Way to go dummies, the dealer says they can’t do anything because it doesn’t have a stock tag.

I guess I’m going to have to go the Facebook/nextdoor route. :shudder:
They couldn't even narrow it down by looking at the key to give you a year/model? 🤔
They didn’t seem like the brightest. Maybe someone else could.

Pretty sure it’s a used car, since it’s a Chevy dealer, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Or they just had the tag from a previous car.

Way to go dummies, the dealer says they can’t do anything because it doesn’t have a stock tag.

I guess I’m going to have to go the Facebook/nextdoor route. :shudder:
They couldn't even narrow it down by looking at the key to give you a year/model? 🤔
They didn’t seem like the brightest. Maybe someone else could.

Pretty sure it’s a used car, since it’s a Chevy dealer, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Or they just had the tag from a previous car.
Or, there is no upside and all downside for the dealership.

If they don't help you, they make $1,000 when this person comes in needing another key.

And then there's also the possibility that they could be helping you steal somebody's car.

I put every set of keys I find into a jar. I call it “the jar of broken dreams”.

Not my fault they were irresponsible with their keys. Who just leaves keys laying around on counters and key racks, anyway? Bunch of losers who lose keys, that’s who.
:shrug:

In our local facebook group someone posted a picture of someone's keys laying in the street. "Hey if you lost these keys, they are at the corner of _____ and _____." When pressed in the comments why they just left the keys in the middle of the street the poster was like. "Yeah! I'm totally getting out of my car to pick up a set of keys! That is not safe! I didn't drop them there." :laugh:

You could drop them off at your local PD or Sheriff’s Department. Know that you’ll probably have to wait for an officer to do. Found property report. Make sure it’s your agency jurisdiction or they won’t take them.

Users who are viewing this thread