What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Jackson in Keeper Leagues (1 Viewer)

whodeywhodey

Footballguy
Looking ahead what are others' thoughts on Fred Jackson in keeper leagues for next year?

Or if you were drafting in a redraft next year where do you think he would go?

He will turn 31 in February. He has less wear and tear than your typical 31 year old NFL RB.

I think he has 1-2 elite years left. I am looking ahead and leaning on keeping him assuming he continues his MVP type pace.

Looking ahead what are others' thoughts on Fred Jackson in keeper leagues for next year?Or if you were drafting in a redraft next year where do you think he would go?He will turn 31 in February. He has less wear and tear than your typical 31 year old NFL RB.I think he has 1-2 elite years left. I am looking ahead and leaning on keeping him assuming he continues his MVP type pace.
Redraft I'd guess he will drop to the 2nd round even if he stays a top 5 back for this year. I still think he has a good year next year (top 15) slim chance at a good year after than that. Once you get past 30 there's only a few years of possible production from any RB. Light workload or not. Here's a list of the best RB seasons age 31+ since 1970. Can be done but the end is pretty near. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=1970&year_max=2011&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=31&age_max=99&draft_round_min=0&draft_round_max=99&league_id=&team_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_rb=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=rush_yds

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm holding onto him, but don't expect nearly these kinds of numbers next year. Have to figure at some point they give Spiller more carries and maybe Johnny White figures into the mix a bit more next year to keep Fred fresh.

I have him in a dynasty PPR, and it's hard to get more than a low end WR1 for him.

He is a beast and has low wear, but I don't see people reaching for him early next year even in redrafts. If you took him in the 4th or 5th this year and only have to give up a 3rd or less to keep him next, that would be a good deal.

This has been something that has been in my head for most of the season. In my league, we are only allowed to keep two players for one season at the same spot we drafted them. In my case, I will have to use a 9th rounder to keep him. I think there is a little less pressure for me, because I will have to drop him after next season regardless.

We only keep two players, so I will get McCoy as a 1st and Jackson as a 9th. I do also have other good options like Demarco Murray as a 17th or Daniel Thomas as a 10th...but I think Jackson will be the guy unless Murray continues to play really well when Felix returns.

Looking ahead what are others' thoughts on Fred Jackson in keeper leagues for next year?Or if you were drafting in a redraft next year where do you think he would go?He will turn 31 in February. He has less wear and tear than your typical 31 year old NFL RB.I think he has 1-2 elite years left. I am looking ahead and leaning on keeping him assuming he continues his MVP type pace.
Redraft I'd guess he will drop to the 2nd round even if he stays a top 5 back for this year. I still think he has a good year next year (top 15) slim chance at a good year after than that. Once you get past 30 there's only a few years of possible production from any RB. Light workload or not. Here's a list of the best RB seasons age 31+ since 1970. Can be done but the end is pretty near. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=1970&year_max=2011&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=31&age_max=99&draft_round_min=0&draft_round_max=99&league_id=&team_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_rb=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=rush_yds
hes an elite RB who gets yards through the pass and run and the GL duties, you cant count that many RB's on one hand and you think he will go second round? lol it amazes me how this guy gets no respect at all. i dont care what this guys age is if hes proving he can do it and has the situation to(Buffalo provides this) why doubt him still?

hes an elite RB who gets yards through the pass and run and the GL duties, you cant count that many RB's on one hand and you think he will go second round? lol it amazes me how this guy gets no respect at all. i dont care what this guys age is if hes proving he can do it and has the situation to(Buffalo provides this) why doubt him still?
Well I agree he's still not getting quite the respect he deserves for what he's doing this year. He's been absolutely fantastic and will stay that way.But you can't just ignore his age when talking about next year and after. Take a look some of the career #'s of RB's off that list and see most of the great late years followed the next year by half the production. RB's don't usually gradually taper off.....they drop like rocks....even the greatest ones. You don't want to be holding the bag when your 1st round pick gets old. Like Randy Moss last year. Also he started this year complaining for a new contract. With the fantastic year he's putting up, questions over how long he can keep it up,etc. It could be a very long and dragged out negotiation this off-season. We've seen how well that goes for guys.

Auction draft, 3 keepers, 25% increase in cost, minimum $5.

During draft, my picks:

Fred Jackson $3 -- will keep for $5

Cam Newton $1 -- will keep for $5

Darren Sproles $1 -- will keep for $5

**To put it in perspective:

AP was $54, CJ was $52, JC was $50, Ray Rice $51, Foster $55, Shady McCoy $49, Mende $48

Yea baby!

FJax may be old, but its a balance between age and workload. I think he'll be a top 10 RB next year and drop off after that.

someone has him on a 1 year contract in one of my leagues.

I am trying to aquire him so I can extend that contract a couple of years.

'the Hood said:
'Hendo said:
'the Hood said:
'whodeywhodey said:
Well I agree he's still not getting quite the respect he deserves for what he's doing this year. He's been absolutely fantastic and will stay that way.But you can't just ignore his age when talking about next year and after. Take a look some of the career #'s of RB's off that list and see most of the great late years followed the next year by half the production. RB's don't usually gradually taper off.....they drop like rocks....even the greatest ones. You don't want to be holding the bag when your 1st round pick gets old. Like Randy Moss last year. Also he started this year complaining for a new contract. With the fantastic year he's putting up, questions over how long he can keep it up,etc. It could be a very long and dragged out negotiation this off-season. We've seen how well that goes for guys.
That is fine and dandy and i see the point. My point is this guy gets a boat load of carries, receptions and ALL the GL looks on a well run offense. How many other RB's even have that situation? It's one thing to be a workhorse back and get two downs and GL work but this guy is as good a receiver as he is runner. Contending teams could care less about age if they get a title with a situation like that, and that goes for redrafts and dynasty leagues (there's contenders in both). The best bet is if you still doubt the guy you draft him appropriately and trade him off, because there's no way this guy slips to the second round next year(in any format) and i HIGHLY doubt hes valued below the top 10 RBs next year as well.I dealt Percy Harvin and my 1st next year for the guy in my long running dynasty league earlier in the year and hes done a bang up job for my squad since leaving me a good chance at the title(im a contender at 6-2), so maybe this is just my perspective but id do that trade twice and then some on every Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread