What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free agent/Trade TRACKING THREAD (1 Viewer)

'Ilov80s said:
'JuSt CuZ said:
'Incogneto said:
'JuSt CuZ said:
'Incogneto said:
Bob reports that Zach Miller and Seahawks are finalizing a deal. Says it will be done tomorrow morning
Bob eh? That's a load off my mind! :lmao: :lmao:
It may happen because he is visiting there tomorrow, but all this guy does is take a stab in the dark and hopes it happens so he can say "told you". Know one knows if hes signing, he is just visiting. lolEak save yourself, and stop repeating what this guy says.
He's been breaking tons of signings and has a very high hit rate.I'll take incarceratedbob over mort and the other "pros" who are always late to the party.Let's be honest, the guy has made a name for himself the past 2 weeks and is getting a lot of people's attention with his scoops.
Ok, settle this... show me one thing he broke before someone else.....not repeated, but actually was the very first to report. I'm sure the people who inform Mort and Shefty have bob on there speed dial too huh?He is just re repeating what he sees on Twitter, with a guess at what might happen next....and no he has not been successful...Noobs may follow and believe his "scoops" tho. lol :rolleyes:
Sid Rice to the Seahawks. That is when I started listening....
He did not break that story, lmao @ u for thinking so.
it was the first I had heard about it, 24 hrs before anyone else even had a sniff. <shrug> He has been pretty good at the breaking stuff. ...really, does it matter where info comes from? this thread has been good since last week. Thanks to all for updating.
No normally it does not matter, but when he is taking other peoples credit without giving them their due...yes thats a problem. If he was not on the internet, he would get in trouble in the real media world.ETA: He just reported Fairley has a stress fracture after x-rays were negative lol. So it is misinforming the people. I'm just trying to help.
What sources is he stealing from? I need to follow those sources because he is always a step ahead of the main NFL guys on Twitter. In addition, Fairley is wearing a boot in practice and Rotoworld had the initial story of the rumored stress fracture this morning so he isn't the only one floating this around.
He is reporting it as certain, It could be a stress fracture, prolly is but nothing is reported as yet to its certainty. But its not like he is not repating the obvious, man you guys are suckers... Can I join your fantasy league? :rolleyes:

There were multiple players whom were reported to be negotiating with multiple teams and this INB guy was able to correctly report/predict (whichever you want to see it as) which team the player would land at before any other official sources had reported it. Even if he is guessing, he is good at it.<br><br>and another correct prediction/report/lucky guess: He said Miller was signing with the Hawks yesterday. <br>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some Kubiak quotes from which people can take what they will.

(on TE James Casey’s opportunity) “First off, what we do is easy for James (Casey). There’s no overload when it comes to a mental deal. It’s going to be the physical part, naturally. There’s some things we can do with James that maybe we didn’t do with Vonta (Leach) from some of James’ strengths. We could be built a little different when it’s all said and done, but we don’t need to get in a hurry here. We need to give the young kids a chance and keep letting James work with what we do.”(on if he’s excited to do something different on offense with TE James Casey) “Well obviously your wheels start spinning because you could be a little bit different offensive football team, but yet teach the same schemes and those type of things. James (Casey) is very athletic. He’s a tight end with great hands, very athletic, smart, can handle a big load. He could give us some flexibility, but right now I want him to settle down, learn the position and we’ll go from there.” (on what TE James Casey has to prove as a blocker) “He’s got to step in there and do the things we ask him to do iso-wise. Our fullback probably straight-on iso’s 8-to-10 times a game and a lot of times, he’s on the backside cutting off doing those type of things, so that will be a big factor in James’ (Casey) development. But at the same time, we have to be smart as coaches and know what James could give us in some other areas. It’s kind of give-and-take.”
translation: Foster will have it tougher?? :unsure:
Maybe a little, but not necessarily a lot. More on this from a Lance Z article:
Arian Foster runs with some of the best tempo you will ever see from a zone back and it allows him to remain patient when the Texans run out of the 2RB sets (Leach in the game). Leach made great reads and great blocks and Foster worked extremely well with Leach. There is no denying any of this….. it is fact. With that said, I reached out to Aaron Schatz from FootballOutsiders.com to find out how Foster did with Leach in and out of the game. His answer:

“Believe it or not, he had more ypc with only one back in the game: 5.5ypc with 1 RB, 4.7 ypc with 2 RB. But part of that was the situation — he ran with 1 RB more often when there were more yards to go. When it comes to total efficiency, considering the situation, Foster was basically the same either way. It does make you wonder, though, if Leach is as worthwhile as people think.”
And while on the subject, the Texans talked to the Titans FB (Hall?) who then re-signed with the Titans. FB Lawrence Vickers is in Houston today getting a physical and the Texans are currently negotiating with Rosenhaus, his agent, according to John McClain.

La Canfora -

Eagles announce 1yr deal w/ Ronnie Brown. Had interest in Reggie Bush had he been available, were looking for compliment to McCoy

Adam Schefter

New Orleans pulled off free-agent upset, reaching agreement with former 49ers DT Aubrayo Franklin on a one-year deal.

'JuSt CuZ said:
'Incogneto said:
'JuSt CuZ said:
'Incogneto said:
Bob reports that Zach Miller and Seahawks are finalizing a deal. Says it will be done tomorrow morning
It may happen because he is visiting there tomorrow, but all this guy does is take a stab in the dark and hopes it happens so he can say "told you". Know one knows if hes signing, he is just visiting. lolEak save yourself, and stop repeating what this guy says.
He's been breaking tons of signings and has a very high hit rate.I'll take incarceratedbob over mort and the other "pros" who are always late to the party.Let's be honest, the guy has made a name for himself the past 2 weeks and is getting a lot of people's attention with his scoops.
Ok, settle this... show me one thing he broke before someone else.....not repeated, but actually was the very first to report. I'm sure the people who inform Mort and Shefty have bob on there speed dial too huh?He is just re repeating what he sees on Twitter, with a guess at what might happen next....and no he has not been successful...Noobs may follow and believe his "scoops" tho. lol :rolleyes:
it was the first I had heard about it, 24 hrs before anyone else even had a sniff. <shrug> He has been pretty good at the breaking stuff. ...really, does it matter where info comes from? this thread has been good since last week. Thanks to all for updating.
No normally it does not matter, but when he is taking other peoples credit without giving them their due...yes thats a problem. If he was not on the internet, he would get in trouble in the real media world.ETA: He just reported Fairley has a stress fracture after x-rays were negative lol. So it is misinforming the people. I'm just trying to help.
Greg Papa and Pro Football Talk all had Miller resigning with the Raiders yesterday. Bob said Seahawks is where he ends up. Here we are a day later and Bob was right, the "experts" were wrong. Just another lucky guess?

Adam Schefter

Another RB is off the market: Rams reached agreement with former Falcons running back Jerious Norwood on a one-year deal.

Steve Wyche

Eagles president Joe Banner says the team is entertaining trade calls for A. Samuel. That and more coming soon on Cover Two podcast, NFL.com

Adam Schefter

Here's the Zach Miller contract with the Seahawks: 5 years, $34 million, including $17 million guaranteed.

Who the hell cares about this guy or that guy tweeting stuff. Just post what you are hearing from different sources and let us do what we will with that info.

This thread started out awesomely; now it is very tiring.

Who the hell cares about this guy or that guy tweeting stuff. Just post what you are hearing from different sources and let us do what we will with that info.

This thread started out awesomely; now it is very tiring.
Isn't that exactly what is happening? People are debating over what sources are or aren't credible. That is part of consuming and analyzing the information.

'JuSt CuZ said:
'Incogneto said:
'JuSt CuZ said:
'Incogneto said:
Greg Papa and Pro Football Talk all had Miller resigning with the Raiders yesterday. Bob said Seahawks is where he ends up. Here we are a day later and Bob was right, the "experts" were wrong. Just another lucky guess?
Yes, because people did report him visiting. As far as Zach, downgrade yet another player....are they going after another QB I hope?

Yes, because people did report him visiting. As far as Zach, downgrade another player....are they going after another QB I hope?
You mean downgrade another one of Jayrod's dynasty players, right?J Stewart - checkD Levy - checkBMW - checkZ Miller - checkIts been a banner preseason!

'JuSt CuZ said:
'Incogneto said:
'JuSt CuZ said:
'Incogneto said:
Bob eh? That's a load off my mind!

:lmao: :lmao:
He's been breaking tons of signings and has a very high hit rate.

I'll take incarceratedbob over mort and the other "pros" who are always late to the party.

Let's be honest, the guy has made a name for himself the past 2 weeks and is getting a lot of people's attention with his scoops.
Ok, settle this... show me one thing he broke before someone else.....not repeated, but actually was the very first to report. I'm sure the people who inform Mort and Shefty have bob on there speed dial too huh?He is just re repeating what he sees on Twitter, with a guess at what might happen next.

...and no he has not been successful...

Noobs may follow and believe his "scoops" tho. lol :rolleyes:
All about Bob

Former Bears DT Tommie Harris has signed a one-year deal with the Indianapolis Colts, according to a league source.

Lance Zierlein

I spoke with an agent who said letting 4 yr players have free agency along with yr 5s was a huge mistake by players side in negotiations. The agent said the flooding of the market has created a nightmare scenario for most FAs and has created a total buyer's market.

A lot of post have been hunches, not actual signings. Bad reports misinform everyone.
first of all, i agree with your scepticism...but they don't misinform everyone... are you really concerned large numbers of FBGs are going to blow up their team based on an ibob rumor? or that even one person would do that?and if one person did, wouldn't that be reflective of even deeper and more serious issues, such that they weren't going to be saved by some kind of sky cracking open revelation based on an i-debate? :)credit people with the modicum of intelligence requisite to verify and substantiate sources independently...a more real risk is people tune out from getting bored...got it that some people like ibob, some don't... consider message delivered (on both sides)... is there really any value add through rehashing the same message in mind numbing repetiveness... is there really anything that can be added by rehasing it 20 or 30 or 40 times that weren't already conveyed in the first ten or more?for the few people that find ibob's credibility a fascinating subject for debate, please break into individual discussion groups and PM each other, out of respect for those that have completely lost interest about 10 pages ago.

why isn't Snelling being courted? He's done well enough, can play RB/FB .. catches well ....
rams were interested, perhaps he is being picky... he reportedly visited (or was going to ) the giants, but that was before they got closure through bradshaw re-signing...no idea if a contract offer was even offered by STL, if it advanced to that stage... if general parameters were discussed, perhaps his expectations are too high... maybe he feels he is getting lowballed?maybe he wants to go somewhere he could play more (might not get a lot of carries in STL unless jackson were injured), possibly enhancing his value more in 2012? but it is unclear where that might be?lombardi on NFL channel was talking about this is an important week for the mid-level and lower tier free agents... the first wave of monster contracts have occurred (few more continue, like wimbley, zach miller, david harris was reupped because he earned an extension and that gives jets long term roster stability and cap relief), the second wave is happening... if they are too picky or drive too hard a bargain (whether in money or contract length - one year deals are really in vogue... protects team if they bomb, player if they outperform and can negotiate from stronger ground next year... could also hurt team if they end up having to pay more later instead of locking up at lower price now, or they could lose them... could hurt player if they underperform and get cut with less years and guarantees, or have to reenter free agency in a year with value depressed further... than again, some players may have had no choice in the matter, and had to take what they could get... for a few players, like kolb ((dealt because he could have walked for nothing next year, and, well, because the eagles got a bounty for him)), deangelo, rice, charles johnson, asomugha, j. joseph, cromartie, it was a seller's market... for many others, though, it seems to be a buyer's market with the glut of free agents at certain positions, with the newly instituted four years of service threshold setting off an avalanche of free agents relative to previous years, effectively collapsing what would have normally taken multiple free agent classes several years to trickle out, into one class), the market could dry up even further for players like donte whitner (reportedly mutual interest with CIN?)...* teams are also using money to lock up core talent, with carolina being best example (deangelo was controversial, but not many would dispute money used to lock up johnson and beason)...

Lance ZierleinI spoke with an agent who said letting 4 yr players have free agency along with yr 5s was a huge mistake by players side in negotiations. The agent said the flooding of the market has created a nightmare scenario for most FAs and has created a total buyer's market.
Players got taken in a couple of different ways. They essentially gave away their ability to effectively hold out with the rule changes they agreed to.

Reportedly Pats in hunt for Osi now that Giants have lowered there asking price to a second rounder.
Rams are in the mix too with his former DC as our head coach. Oh PLEASE let this happen. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,

Seahawks reportedly in the mix for osi as well. Please please please dont let this happen. No need to give up picks and a huge contract for a 30 year old DE. We will need those picks to trade up for a QB next year.

Jason La Canfora

WR Malcolm Floyd, one of few big fish out there, nearing a decision. SD, SF, CAR, BAL, AZ all possibilities. Some interested teams working..

'PlasmaDogPlasma said:
'footballnerd said:
I'm not a Bob fan, but we would could produce a much greater sample of wrongness from most paid, professional sports writers than was in that article.
Sure seems to be alot of jealous people here and in twitter land hating on Bob. :confused: Niners just signed CB Carlos Rogers. Love this move.

not trying to seem like a d-bag but is there any way a mod can maybe step in and edit the first post with all the stuff or allow someone that has the time, access to it so it can be updated for quick reference....?...tough reading through all the posts...

or maybe the mods/staff can pin a post with all signings/trades etc in one post like the first one here..?

not trying to seem like a d-bag but is there any way a mod can maybe step in and edit the first post with all the stuff or allow someone that has the time, access to it so it can be updated for quick reference....?...tough reading through all the posts...or maybe the mods/staff can pin a post with all signings/trades etc in one post like the first one here..?
Andwhile they're at it, delete all the Bob sniping. Leave the rumors and stuff reported by Bob, but get rid of the Bob bashing/defending that really has nothing to do with this thread. Every third post is someone saying they love the guy or someone bashing him. I don't give a #### either way, just stop talking about it...

per Scefter: Braylon visiting with Niners. Could get a 1 year deal.
not a ringing endorsement of crabtree, i think.
perhaps...i'm not a big crabtree fan (especially his attitude, but he is also lacking elite measurables), but i haven't completely written him off, either...if crabtree has anything, edwards would be an upgrade over morgan, and he would more likely be the one bumped (unless crabtree's injury more serious than thought, or if new HC harbaugh as an unknown commodity unexpectedly demoted him, but i haven't heard anything to suggest the latter?)...though any SF WR may be hindered, unless harbaugh helps elevate smith, with kaepernick looking like a year or two project (edit/add - who i do like a LOT in dynasty leagues, it won't surprise me if he is starting by next season)...

I direct messaged incarceratedbob on twitter to get the latest on Moss.

He says Moss is contemplating a return to the Eagles but he doesn't have any concrete info at this time.

Adam Schefter

RT @jthom1: League sources confirm that RB Cadillac Williams has agreed to terms w/ Rams. ... Good third-down pickup.

I direct messaged incarceratedbob on twitter to get the latest on Moss.He says Moss is contemplating a return to the Eagles but he doesn't have any concrete info at this time.
so either he will or won't return (guess he can't be wrong either way, not exactly going out on a limb there)... i can see how it wouldn't be possible to have "concrete info" on what he is contemplating, or what his ultimate decision will be.

if crabtree has anything, edwards would be an upgrade over morgan, and he would more likely be the one bumped (unless crabtree's injury more serious than thought, or if new HC harbaugh as an unknown commodity unexpectedly demoted him, but i haven't heard anything to suggest the latter?)...though any SF WR may be hindered, unless harbaugh helps elevate smith, with kaepernick looking like a year or two project (edit/add - who i do like a LOT in dynasty leagues, it won't surprise me if he is starting by next season)...
This about the abject lack of talent other than Crabtree. Crabs might not ever live up to his billing as an elite WR, but he's certainly capable. But a niners team without Crabtree is the worst WR unit in the NFL by a long stretch. Morgan gets all kinds of pub during TC, but that talent has never materialized during the season. After that, it's Tedd Ginn and a bunch of practice squad players.

Users who are viewing this thread