What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free agent/Trade TRACKING THREAD (1 Viewer)

Here are some Kubiak quotes from which people can take what they will.

(on TE James Casey’s opportunity) “First off, what we do is easy for James (Casey). There’s no overload when it comes to a mental deal. It’s going to be the physical part, naturally. There’s some things we can do with James that maybe we didn’t do with Vonta (Leach) from some of James’ strengths. We could be built a little different when it’s all said and done, but we don’t need to get in a hurry here. We need to give the young kids a chance and keep letting James work with what we do.”(on if he’s excited to do something different on offense with TE James Casey) “Well obviously your wheels start spinning because you could be a little bit different offensive football team, but yet teach the same schemes and those type of things. James (Casey) is very athletic. He’s a tight end with great hands, very athletic, smart, can handle a big load. He could give us some flexibility, but right now I want him to settle down, learn the position and we’ll go from there.” (on what TE James Casey has to prove as a blocker) “He’s got to step in there and do the things we ask him to do iso-wise. Our fullback probably straight-on iso’s 8-to-10 times a game and a lot of times, he’s on the backside cutting off doing those type of things, so that will be a big factor in James’ (Casey) development. But at the same time, we have to be smart as coaches and know what James could give us in some other areas. It’s kind of give-and-take.”
translation: Foster will have it tougher?? :unsure:

I wonder if the Jones signing is in response to the Eagles improving their backfield. Eagles have 3 good db? We are going to run 4 good wr plus. Beat that.
The Eagles have three #1 CB's...that will shut down the Packers passing game. Plus Babin, Cole, Jenkins(remember him?), Brandon Graham will provide much more pass rush than last year.The Packers lost: Cullen Jenkins, Nick Barnett, Daryn Colledge, Brandon Jackson.

How exactly are the Packers going to "beat" what the Eagles did this offseason?
They got 14 players back from injured reserve.
This has been overdone and some players never return from an injury that may seem small.
The injured reserve players the Packers had last year:Barnett, Nick LB

Bell, Josh CB

Burnett, Morgan S

Chillar, Brandon LB

Finley, Jermichael TE

Grant, Ryan RB

Harrell, Justin DE

Havner, Spencer TE

Jones, Brad LB

Martin, Derrick

Neal, Mike DE

Newhouse, Marshall G/T

Poppinga, Brady LB

Smith, Anthony S

Tauscher, Mark T

I don't follow the Packers, but how many of those guys will be starters/impact players next year?

'netnalp said:
Mike Garafolo

As I told Ahmad Bradshaw here earlier: the jig is up. FA RB Jason Snelling headed here for a visit with the Giants, source says.

I hope it's not just to push Bradshaw to sign, Snelling could be the next Ward, and can play some FB.
How OLD is that? Didn't Snelling agree to terms with the Rams earlier this week?
It was reported that they signed him and Dahl, but the Dahl deal was the only one confirmed at the time. Looks like he left without a contract.
Thanks man I thought I was losing more of what is left of my mind

I wonder if the Jones signing is in response to the Eagles improving their backfield. Eagles have 3 good db? We are going to run 4 good wr plus. Beat that.
The Eagles have three #1 CB's...that will shut down the Packers passing game. Plus Babin, Cole, Jenkins(remember him?), Brandon Graham will provide much more pass rush than last year.The Packers lost: Cullen Jenkins, Nick Barnett, Daryn Colledge, Brandon Jackson.

How exactly are the Packers going to "beat" what the Eagles did this offseason?
They got 14 players back from injured reserve.
This has been overdone and some players never return from an injury that may seem small.
The injured reserve players the Packers had last year:Barnett, Nick LB - will likely start in Buffalo

Bell, Josh CB

Burnett, Morgan S - will probably start for the Packers this year

Chillar, Brandon LB - cut by the Packers

Finley, Jermichael TE - will start for the Packers

Grant, Ryan RB - will be in a RBBC with Starks for the Packers

Harrell, Justin DE - cut by the Packers

Havner, Spencer TE

Jones, Brad LB - possibly start for the Packers at OLB

Martin, Derrick

Neal, Mike DE - most likely to replace Jenkins on the defensive line for the Packers

Newhouse, Marshall G/T - competing to replace Tauscher

Poppinga, Brady LB - cut by the Packers

Smith, Anthony S

Tauscher, Mark T - cut by the Packers and most likely will retire

I don't follow the Packers, but how many of those guys will be starters/impact players next year?
:2cents:

So Seattle has lots of good receiving options now but no qb. Either they have something in mind to trade for a real qb or are wasting a lot of money.

If true, the Seahawks got it working this last week. Feeling better about Lynch as a RB2 and loving him as a RB3 now.

Really don't get why the 'hawks aren't after Kyle Orton. Any sort of decent QBing and that's a playoff team in the NFC West.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob reports that Zach Miller and Seahawks are finalizing a deal. Says it will be done tomorrow morning
Bob eh? That's a load off my mind! :lmao: :lmao:
It may happen because he is visiting there tomorrow, but all this guy does is take a stab in the dark and hopes it happens so he can say "told you". Know one knows if hes signing, he is just visiting. lolEak save yourself, and stop repeating what this guy says.

Bob reports that Zach Miller and Seahawks are finalizing a deal. Says it will be done tomorrow morning
It may happen because he is visiting there tomorrow, but all this guy does is take a stab in the dark and hopes it happens so he can say "told you". Know one knows if hes signing, he is just visiting. lolEak save yourself, and stop repeating what this guy says.
He's been breaking tons of signings and has a very high hit rate.I'll take incarceratedbob over mort and the other "pros" who are always late to the party.Let's be honest, the guy has made a name for himself the past 2 weeks and is getting a lot of people's attention with his scoops.

He's been breaking tons of signings and has a very high hit rate.I'll take incarceratedbob over mort and the other "pros" who are always late to the party.Let's be honest, the guy has made a name for himself the past 2 weeks and is getting a lot of people's attention with his scoops.
Ok, settle this... show me one thing he broke before someone else.....not repeated, but actually was the very first to report. I'm sure the people who inform Mort and Shefty have bob on there speed dial too huh?He is just re repeating what he sees on Twitter, with a guess at what might happen next....and no he has not been successful...Noobs may follow and believe his "scoops" tho. lol :rolleyes:

Apparently it was reported on Sirius radio that Ronnie Brown is a Ram.
Doubt it. I heard a strong rumor that Norwood just signed with the Rams.
Norwood signing would have little bearing on signing Ronnie Brown. Rams need multiple backs and Norwood isn't a legitimate candidate to be a backup. He's a CoP back -- nothing more. If he doesn't have his insane speed still, he won't make the team.

Why would the Rams want two starting caliber RB's and a change of pace back?
ronnie isn't a starter any more? COP in a copycat league you say?
Yeah, but Steven Jackson doesn't need to split carries with anyone. He needs a change of pace back.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Unless they got Ronnie real cheap, I don't get it.
A couple local outlets are saying Ronnie is a Ram. Not seeing the big guys reporting it yet here locally but it has been reported by a couple people. Take it for what it is....

One more note on IB. After some NY hockey beat writer got something wrong he started trashing her saying she was horrible and retweeted every single tweet he got from people who didnt like her.

One more note on IB. After some NY hockey beat writer got something wrong he started trashing her saying she was horrible and retweeted every single tweet he got from people who didnt like her.
Sounds like a good guy, we all should be following his nice tweets and misinformation.Do you not worry about your credibility repeating what this guy says?

Yeah, but Steven Jackson doesn't need to split carries with anyone. He needs a change of pace back.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Unless they got Ronnie real cheap, I don't get it.
with the money being thrown at players right now, i have no idea what is "cheap". however, they need someone behind jackson and if it can be someone of quality it's even better. ronnie's days as a starter are over. he's capable of shouldering the load if jackson got injured. he's going to make jackson that much better as they make a playoff push in a suddenly very interesting division. many teams are embracing the 2-RB system as the new normal. this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Raiders have reached a 5-yr, $48 million contract extension with LB Kamerion Wimbley. $29M guaranteed, free up cap room.
Well, at least there's always Al Davis to make me feel less bad about being a Bills fan. My condolences to Raider fans.
Thanks for your condolences. Al Davis does some head scratching moves. He ended up paying Wimbley double the guaranteed money as Pittsburgh Steelers Harrison. Wow! No matter what, I think the money is insane. However I did come across this piece of analysis that explains Wimbley's value. He's pretty good:
Take a look at this Kamerion Wimbley evaluation from last season, many will be surprised:- “Raiders OLB Kamerion Wimbley finished as the Top Rated 4-3 OLB in Pro Football Focus rankings.How did this guy get no press?.36 quarterback disruptions as he rushed the passer in nickel situations, and some really strong work in run defense. Finished the year as our top ranked 4-3 outside linebacker. Great pick up.A change of scenery did him good. Sent packing from Cleveland’s 3-4 defense to a fresh start in Oakland’s 4-3, Wimbley exploded. He jumped from the bottom five 3-4 OLB’s in 2009 to the top spot among 4-3 OLB’s in 2010. Wimbley was stronger as a pass rusher from the year before, but we saw a bigger leap in his Run D, improving from -8.6 to a +13.3 grade.To many, miscast in the Raiders 4-3, Oakland got the best out of Wimbley in sub package defenses where he picked up pressure on 20.88% of the third and fourth down plays he spent hunting QB’s.It may have surprised some when Kamerion Wimbley was given the franchise tag, but it didn’t surprise us. Wimbley may not be a prototypical outside linebacker given his limitations in coverage, but he more than makes up for it with his everydown work in run defense and pass rushing efforts in sub packages. The former Brown is another one of those run defenders who do a lot of good work without needing to make a tackle.

If true, the Seahawks got it working this last week. Feeling better about Lynch as a RB2 and loving him as a RB3 now.Really don't get why the 'hawks aren't after Kyle Orton. Any sort of decent QBing and that's a playoff team in the NFC West.
Because their QB is in next years draft class.

Looks like another RB left without a contract. Ronnie Brown is not a Ram. Second time some local reporter saw a FA RB watching a practice and "scooped" the story of them signing.

The market has crashed. Sit back and wait. We'll get someone. At least this shows me the Rams are finally serious about getting something done to backup SJax.

Incarcerated bob who has broken every story this FA period is implying moss to Indi is a realistic possibility.Anyone who wants the scoop make sure to follow incarceratedbob on twitter, he must be someone on the inside as he's breaking more stories then tmz.
nhamdi tho. proly some others but i had no clue about the guy until the fanbois insistence.
he's got a reputation. it isn't great. he has been right about alot during this madness. i have to hand it to him. but i still dont trust anything he says. they're rumors for a reason though... i suppose.
Does anyone else notice Incognito is no where to be found, lol, as I suspected before...I think Incognito and @incarceratedbob are the same dude. Maybe I'm wrong, but he really went to bat for him.
Not the same guy...I went on a trip for the weekend to Portland. Sorry I wasn't around to take the 'Nnamdi' heat.

Looks like another RB left without a contract. Ronnie Brown is not a Ram. Second time some local reporter saw a FA RB watching a practice and "scooped" the story of them signing.The market has crashed. Sit back and wait. We'll get someone. At least this shows me the Rams are finally serious about getting something done to backup SJax.
Not signing Brown shows you the Rams are serious?

Looks like another RB left without a contract. Ronnie Brown is not a Ram. Second time some local reporter saw a FA RB watching a practice and "scooped" the story of them signing.The market has crashed. Sit back and wait. We'll get someone. At least this shows me the Rams are finally serious about getting something done to backup SJax.
surprised how soft the market is for Brown. I'm not sure if he's asking for a ton (not likely) but the fact that guys like McGahee, Barber, etc. have landed before he has surprises me. He has more upside and talent than those guys so if it's not money, why isn't he being signed?

surprised how soft the market is for Brown. I'm not sure if he's asking for a ton (not likely) but the fact that guys like McGahee, Barber, etc. have landed before he has surprises me. He has more upside and talent than those guys so if it's not money, why isn't he being signed?
Same thoughts here. I don't think he's a money-grubber, either. If I recall correctly, he was happy to share the load with Ricky and has been pretty easy to work with since day one. He's the same age as McGahee and two older than Barber, so I can't imagine that's much of a factor.

Ok, settle this... show me one thing he broke before someone else.....not repeated, but actually was the very first to report. I'm sure the people who inform Mort and Shefty have bob on there speed dial too huh?He is just re repeating what he sees on Twitter, with a guess at what might happen next....and no he has not been successful...Noobs may follow and believe his "scoops" tho. lol :rolleyes:
Sid Rice to the Seahawks. That is when I started listening....

Same thoughts here. I don't think he's a money-grubber, either. If I recall correctly, he was happy to share the load with Ricky and has been pretty easy to work with since day one. He's the same age as McGahee and two older than Barber, so I can't imagine that's much of a factor.
kind of the impression I got as well. Wonder if TB will take a swing at him?

Its the most action they've done to sign someone in years. They had both Snelling and Brown in.

The reason the market is soft for Brown is because he isn't a good rb. The guy dances way too much.

He did not break that story, lmao @ u for thinking so.

Two local radio hosts are reporting that Norwood is watching the Rams practice while a deal is being worked on. The radio hosts are Tony Softli and Howard Balzar. Ironically, neither is reporting a deal is done yet...

I don't know anything about this guy, but he has posted almost every major FA signing on Twitter before Mort, Schefter, or Clayton.

it was the first I had heard about it, 24 hrs before anyone else even had a sniff. <shrug> He has been pretty good at the breaking stuff. ...really, does it matter where info comes from? this thread has been good since last week. Thanks to all for updating.

it was the first I had heard about it, 24 hrs before anyone else even had a sniff. <shrug> He has been pretty good at the breaking stuff. ...really, does it matter where info comes from? this thread has been good since last week. Thanks to all for updating.
No normally it does not matter, but when he is taking other peoples credit without giving them their due...yes thats a problem. If he was not on the internet, he would get in trouble in the real media world.ETA: He just reported Fairley has a stress fracture after x-rays were negative lol. So it is misinforming the people. I'm just trying to help.

at the risk of falling into the same category, could we please cease and desist from the comments about comments about comments about comments about comments about comments about IB...

not every posting here has been an after the fact, done deal, so i don't see the problem with passing along things... but all the peripheral, extraneous clutter is increasing the noise to signal ratio in this thread beyond tediousness...

i think most people get that with his handle he may not engage in the same sourcing/substantiation protocols as larger media outlets, and are capable of discounting that "information" for themselves...

No normally it does not matter, but when he is taking other peoples credit without giving them their due...yes thats a problem. If he was not on the internet, he would get in trouble in the real media world.ETA: He just reported Fairley has a stress fracture after x-rays were negative lol. So it is misinforming the people. I'm just trying to help.
What sources is he stealing from? I need to follow those sources because he is always a step ahead of the main NFL guys on Twitter. In addition, Fairley is wearing a boot in practice and Rotoworld had the initial story of the rumored stress fracture this morning so he isn't the only one floating this around.

You haven't seen him run the past two season then. He's lost more than a step. Ronnie would be a great signing to take the load off SJax and keep him fresh. Another nice move by the Rams. :ph34r:

eta--or not. should have waited for confirmation from the master IncarceratedBob

Users who are viewing this thread