What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free agent/Trade TRACKING THREAD (1 Viewer)

Eagles are on fire
Eagles, Jets, Jags, Texans, and Patriots want to win....hence, they are spending money.Bengals, Buccs, and Lions want a top draft pick...AGAIN. They dont want people to think they suck so bad, try to make the big FA moves that can help you....THE DRAFT NEVER EVER HELPS YOU WIN NOW!The fact that these teams did not do a single thing, not one single thing, to help their teams in free agency shows how they are as a franchise.FACT: If good players dont want to come to your team, you need to overpay to get them, because they will never choose a crap team over a good team.

Eagles are on fire
Eagles, Jets, Jags, Texans, and Patriots want to win....hence, they are spending money.Bengals, Buccs, and Lions want a top draft pick...AGAIN. They dont want people to think they suck so bad, try to make the big FA moves that can help you....THE DRAFT NEVER EVER HELPS YOU WIN NOW!The fact that these teams did not do a single thing, not one single thing, to help their teams in free agency shows how they are as a franchise.FACT: If good players dont want to come to your team, you need to overpay to get them, because they will never choose a crap team over a good team.
:shrug: I said the exact same thing about the Packers before last year. Winning free agency has nothing to do with winning games.

Eagles are on fire
What about the good franchises like the Packers and Steelers that typically ignore free agency and build through the draft?

Eagles are on fire
What about the good franchises like the Packers and Steelers that typically ignore free agency and build through the draft?
Or teams like the Redskins or Cowboys whom are regular spenders in FA and have a combined 4 playoff wins in 15 years to show for it.

Eagles are on fire
Or teams like the Redskins or Cowboys whom are regular spenders in FA and have a combined 4 playoff wins in 15 years to show for it.
I didnt say what the result would be, I said it shows how bad a team wants to win. If you guys want to critisize what I say, at least read what I say. lol

Bob Glauber

RT @EdBouchette: jets expected to make big pitch for Plaxico. He's unlikely to re-sign w/giants sources say so it's Jets vs #steelers again

Peyton Manning - QB - Colts

Colts signed QB Peyton Manning to a five-year, $90 million contract extension.

It's not yet known how much guaranteed money Manning is getting, but the deal's average annual value matches that of the four-year extension Tom Brady signed last September. Manning was set to play this season under the franchise tag, but the Colts and owner Jim Isray made it known all along that locking up the greatest player in franchise history to a new long-term deal was their top priority. Manning is coming off his second neck operation in as many years, but has never missed a game during his 13-year career, and is a reasonably good bet to play out the life of the deal, which will end when he's 40. Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jul 30, 3:17 PM

Anonymous Internet User

Posted Today, 02:14 PM

Can we get an abbreviated list of fantasy relevant free agents who have yet to sign?

Examples:

Ahmad Bradshaw

Marion Barber

Braylon Edwards

Malcolm Floyd

OP posted a fairly complete list of FAs. That post needs to be updated, but when up to date, it lists the players who have signed and those who havent'? Not hard to pick out the relevent ones depending on your league size and rules?

Eagles are on fire
You can put the miners in that group. They are my vote for worst FA signing period so far.

Anonymous Internet User Posted Today, 02:14 PMCan we get an abbreviated list of fantasy relevant free agents who have yet to sign? Examples: Ahmad Bradshaw Marion Barber Braylon Edwards Malcolm FloydOP posted a fairly complete list of FAs. That post needs to be updated, but when up to date, it lists the players who have signed and those who havent'? Not hard to pick out the relevent ones depending on your league size and rules?
I'm just waiting till August 4th. :popcorn:

Jim Nantz just congratulated Peyton and the Colts for reaching agreement on a new deal. He did this during the CBS golf broadcast.

Raiders | Trent Edwards reaches deal

Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:48:05 -0700

The Oakland Raiders have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with free-agent QB Trent Edwards (Jaguars). Financial terms were not disclosed.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

One year deal for Ruud. Lmao. Not a good player.
That's so cold! After 6 years of tackling 8 yards past the LOS! Give the playa his due. So, do you think Mason Foster is going to be able to hold down Ruud's old job? Potentially 4 rooks/2nd year guys on the line.

'JuSt CuZ said:
'Ilov80s said:
'Pipes said:
Eagles are on fire
I didnt say what the result would be, I said it shows how bad a team wants to win. If you guys want to critisize what I say, at least read what I say. lol
Maybe you should re-read what you put up because I see nothing about wanting to win, and what team out there doesn't want to win. That has to be one of the preposterous statements I've read on these boards outside of a LHUCKS post. Your implying that if a team isn't active in the first few days then they don't want to win. I do see the part where you say, "THE DRAFT NEVER EVER HELPS YOU WIN NOW"That notion is BS, because quite a few teams like the Packers win the SB now and build primarily through the draft. While others that build through FA can't buy a playoff win if they wanted to.

Adam Schefter reports Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets. Confirmed. 1-year deal for $3,017,000, fully guaranteed. Plax is a Jet.

Per incarceratedbobMoss is in negotiations with Indi and Baltimore.Would be interesting to see him in Indi.
I think Moss would play VERY inspired with Peyton Manning. Hope he lands there.
I agree that Moss would probably put up nice numbers with the Colts. Although I wonder if Peyton would be able to put up with his taking plays off. Seems like that would drive Peyton crazy & he wouldn't react well to it.

Per incarceratedbobMoss is in negotiations with Indi and Baltimore.Would be interesting to see him in Indi.
I think Moss would play VERY inspired with Peyton Manning. Hope he lands there.
I agree that Moss would probably put up nice numbers with the Colts. Although I wonder if Peyton would be able to put up with his taking plays off. Seems like that would drive Peyton crazy & he wouldn't react well to it.
Because of who Peyton is (and I agree with everything you just said) I'm assuming Moss would actually give 100% for a change.

Adam Schefter reports Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets. Confirmed. 1-year deal for $3,017,000, fully guaranteed. Plax is a Jet.
Time will time if Plax is ready to contribute right away, but when he is on his game he gives them essentially what Edwards did with less speed and better hands. If they can get Cromartie back i'll be satisfied with the offseason so far. Going into I was worried about taking a step back by losing Holmes, Cro, etc.. and having to replace them with lesser options. Asomugha mania clearly changed expectations but if at the end they keep the core intact I'll feel pretty good about the Jets going into the year. The division will be tough, but I still feel that it is all about Sanchez. If he continues to make strides in his 3rd year there is no limit to where this team can go. If he takes a step back or even just plays as poorly at times this season as he did at times last season then they will be lucky to make it back to where they were. The Jets need him to be as good for the majority of the regular season as he has been in the playoffs. If that happens they are as gooda as anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread