What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free agent/Trade TRACKING THREAD (1 Viewer)

Mehta #Jets remain cautiously optimistic of chances of landing Nnamdi Asomugha. But there is a real sense that Cowboys could spoil the party. #nflJohn Clayton@ClaytonESPN John ClaytonWith the release of A. Odom, trade of Chad O. and retirement of Carson Palmer, Bengals now have $49 M of cap room.$49 mill in cap, better start somewhere.
I think the cash floor is more relevant than cap space when it comes to the Bengals. They still have to sign a starting RB, OG, CB, and Safety before even considering positions where they could upgrade. I don't expect them to have too much trouble getting to the cash floor especially if you factor in possible extensions to guys like Hall.

Mehta #Jets remain cautiously optimistic of chances of landing Nnamdi Asomugha. But there is a real sense that Cowboys could spoil the party. #nflJohn Clayton@ClaytonESPN John ClaytonWith the release of A. Odom, trade of Chad O. and retirement of Carson Palmer, Bengals now have $49 M of cap room.$49 mill in cap, better start somewhere.
Cedric's mouth has to be watering right now...So, where is Addai during all of this?

Just saw this on a local St. Louis board:

Rams signed OG Harvey Dahl and RB Jason Snelling.

Bernie Miklatz (St. Louis Columnist) confirmed the Dahl is done.

Love the Snell signing for the Rams. They had Kenneth Darby and Keith Tosten behind SJax.
Honestly, I like the Dahl signing better, although we desperately need a backup RB. Dahl is HUGE. The Rams line really played well last year which is saying something because they were atrocious for about 5 years. They're doing it the right way. Investing in the infrastructure - linemen, O and D, with high picks and lucrative FA signings (Smith at Center from Baltimore a few years ago and now Dahl), plus multiple first and second rounders on D and O linemen, oh and picking Bradford has helped a little...I like Snelling in this role a lot, but I LOVE the Dahl signing. I was just thinking, "The rams sign a S and then we do jack with all the money they have under the cap, it's not Cinci/TB money but it was like $30 mill." Feeling so much better about the Rams right now. They've addressed some huge needs. A D-lineman, maybe a LB and resigning Clayton and I'm feeling really good about our chances in the NFC West.

'hook014 said:
'sihaokills said:
'GregR said:
Brandon Jackson, 2 year, $4.5m with Browns.
Thought he was goin to stay with the Pack
What the holy hell?Anybody want to explain this to me?Took a flier on this guy hoping he'd move somewhere with a chance to start. How does he expect to get by Hillis and Hardesty? Is this all about the money? If so, I can accept that, anybody with a theory?
I'm sure they brought him in to be the 3rd down back. He's not a starting caliber rb.

'hook014 said:
'sihaokills said:
'GregR said:
What the holy hell?Anybody want to explain this to me?Took a flier on this guy hoping he'd move somewhere with a chance to start. How does he expect to get by Hillis and Hardesty? Is this all about the money? If so, I can accept that, anybody with a theory?
I'm sure they brought him in to be the 3rd down back. He's not a starting caliber rb.
He won't even be that. I doubt he sees the field unless there are injurys.

'Incogneto said:
Cool, too bad he didnt break any of that news first. thx tho.ETA: why does this dude, whop reports what others are saying, feel the need to keep a timeline of his reports. Maybe cuz many people are question his random guesses. If Nnamdi signed already (yesterday as reported by him), why have we not heard about it, or why have the cowboys now been talked about? I think he signs with the Jets, but to think this Bob dude knows something somebody else dont is just funny.

This bob dude has not broke any info, he just retweets what people report.

Last edited by a moderator:
'hook014 said:
'sihaokills said:
'GregR said:
He won't even be that. I doubt he sees the field unless there are injurys.
LOL. This is a case of me being a little greedy. I've had a couple long shots pan out in my main dynasty league and the Browns signing took me by surprise. I was hoping he'd go somewhere that was more unsettled.Nothing to see here.

'Incogneto said:
Cool, too bad he didnt break any of that news first. thx tho.ETA: why does this dude, whop reports what others are saying, feel the need to keep a timeline of his reports. Maybe cuz many people are question his random guesses. If Nnamdi signed already (yesterday as reported by him), why have we not heard about it, or why have the cowboys now been talked about? I think he signs with the Jets, but to think this Bob dude knows something somebody else dont is just funny.

I don't know. Just Cuz, I guess....

'Incogneto said:

He's got a pretty decent track record of being faster than everyone else, then.

4 Jets veterans restructure deals. Cowboys sign Marcus Stroud to a 4 year deal. So it looked like Jets were really pulling ahead for Nnamdi, but Clayton reports that cowboys are becoming a major player.

'Incogneto said:

if you throw enough #### some of it is bound to stick.

Not sure if this was posted:

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Who will be starting alongside Santonio Holmes? Hearing that #Jets are showing interest in Packers WR James Jones.

'Incogneto said:

in his case, everything is sticking.he is 11 for 12 on breaking stories before the big boys.

'Incogneto said:

in his case, everything is sticking.he is 11 for 12 on breaking stories before the big boys.
he's breaking stories before the big boys because he's reporting everything he's hearing before it's confirmed or final. the big boys wait until it is confirmed and final to report it... because they have a reputation to protect. this guy is a nobody trying to make a reputation. good luck with that. enough of your manlove for incarceratedbob. lets continue discussing the FA madness.

Not sure if this was posted:RichCimini Rich CiminiWho will be starting alongside Santonio Holmes? Hearing that #Jets are showing interest in Packers WR James Jones.
I don't know. Keller was a monster when Holmes was suspended, and Cotchery was catching 80 balls before Edwards and Holmes pushed him aside. I would just sign a Burress or Moss who could be Sanchez' go to guy in the endzone. Jones would be a waste, imo.

Not sure if this was posted:RichCimini Rich CiminiWho will be starting alongside Santonio Holmes? Hearing that #Jets are showing interest in Packers WR James Jones.
I don't know. Keller was a monster when Holmes was suspended, and Cotchery was catching 80 balls before Edwards and Holmes pushed him aside. I would just sign a Burress or Moss who could be Sanchez' go to guy in the endzone. Jones would be a waste, imo.
Man I don't know about that. Having Holmes and Jones for the next few years could really pay off for the Jets.These are high talented guys that you build around.

Man I don't know about that. Having Holmes and Jones for the next few years could really pay off for the Jets.These are high talented guys that you build around.
I agree about the talent, but I just don't have faith in Sanchez to bring out the best in his WRs. If they're gonna sign Jones, how much more would it cost to resign Edwards?

Found this line funny about the trade for Ocho:The Patriots negotiating with the Bengals is about as one-sided as Obi-Wan Kenobi telling the storm troopers that these are not the droids they are looking for.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8211414e/article/ochcocinco-should-at-least-be-entertaining-in-new-england
A bunch of good ones from Eric Stangle, writer for David Letterman:REPORT: @Ochocinco traded to Patriots. ANOTHER REPORT: Bengals don't realize there's going to be football this yearNFL: Cardinals give Kevin Kolb $63 million deal. Man, if I only had 7 more career starts I could have gotten that!!!NFL: Vince Young seems like a perfect fit with the Eagles. He'll fill that "QB who could vomit in the huddle" roleNFL: Pretty sure Cardinals gave Kevin Kolb the $63 mil deal thinking US would go into default & they wouldn't have to payNFL: The Jets just called & asked if I would take a pay cut to make room for Nnamdi Asomugha... #WTFNFL: At last count, the Carolina Panthers had 438 players under contract for 2011...Patriots now have Haynesworth & Vince Wilfork. I just bought stock in Massachusetts Big & Tall shops. Gonna be rich!NFL: The Carolina Panthers are going nuts in free agency. The just signed the Houston Texans...Holy crap, I just got signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers! #NFLJust got released by the Buccaneers... Wait, phone ringing... Just got signed by the 49ers! #NFL

'Incogneto said:

he's breaking stories before the big boys because he's reporting everything he's hearing before it's confirmed or final. the big boys wait until it is confirmed and final to report it... because they have a reputation to protect. this guy is a nobody trying to make a reputation. good luck with that. enough of your manlove for incarceratedbob. lets continue discussing the FA madness.
:goodposting: After research I believe Incognito is @incarceratedbob, lol.

I know its been rumored, but Stewart Bradley confirms he is heading to Arizona.

sorry if already reported.

Drew Rosenhaus tweets that Gaither has not signed with Oakland. Also says that the huge contract the Tulloch reportedly turned down from DET was never offered

Nick Barnett appears to be deciding between San Diego, Philly, Tampa and Detroit, per sources close to the talks.

Watch doin Willis?

Runnin the ball for the Denver Broncos and keeping Knowshon fresh for 3rd down plays

McGahee signed by Denver today (at least from Phx radio)

'Incogneto said:

:goodposting: After research I believe Incognito is @incarceratedbob, lol.
New trend in journalism, whether sport or otherwise? Someone with info that they don't want to divulge by using their twitter account for some reason using pseudonyms to report? Or is this type of activity old news?

Users who are viewing this thread