What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free agent/Trade TRACKING THREAD (1 Viewer)

No matter who gets nnamdi, they are going to over pay by a lot. 3 years from now he will still probably be the highest paid cb and I doubt he's still a top 10 cb at 33. I like what hou did by signing joseph.
...and Manning. It's a great overhaul of their historically bad secondary.....now if only Kareem Jackson could get his act together.

Can we PLEASE keep all the personal crap out of this thread?
Yes, can we, please...Also...Jets are releasing QB Kevin O'Connell, per Jason LaCanfora, O'Connell was scheduled to earn $480K this year. What are they gonna do at backup QB now? Resign one of them?
Manish Mehta is saying Brunell will be back after the Nnamdi situation is resolved. Rich Chimini said Sanchez would be "crushed" if Brunell wasn't there.
Never underestimate the importance of a wise old vet...especially one that allows you to wipe the occasional booger on him! ;)

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob #IBN Network has broken 11 signings be4 the mainstream media - Proof on the timeline! When they #Hate it's because #TheyMad they cant hang2 minutes ago »incarceratedbob incarcerated bob JETS J-E-T-S J-E-T-S J-E-T-S7 minutes ago
Bob is tweeting that it's done in NY now.

The Jets have completed a deal with seventh-round pick QB Greg McElroy, according to Jenny Vrentas.

This isnt a FA signing, but its important to the QB situation in NYJ.

Also...Lions resign Dylan Gandy

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Moore signs 2 yr deal w/ Miami
Most will probably disagree but I see this as a great move in my opinion. Orton was sounding too expensive and Moore has shown glimpses of promise while operating in an environment set up for QB failure over the past couple of years. I am in favor of a scenario that sets up true competition in camp for Henne instead of bring in someone that was going to be anointed a starting role based solely on higher salary and pick compensation.

Jason LaCanfora reports Daunte Culpepper says he still wants to play. He's no longer reporesenting himself, he's hired agent Mitch Frankel.

So does that put an end to the Orton deal? If so you have to think that Denver dropped the ball.
The link I provided a couple posts later speculates that the Orton deal is dead.I'm not so sure. Anything can still happen.
Looks like its a game of chicken, on life support, but not dead.
Miami gets a promising young qb for a reasonable price and drives the price of Orton to the floor. I like the move. If they still get him, that would be Orton, Moore and Henne. Surely someone will step up.

Jason LaCanfora reports Daunte Culpepper says he still wants to play. He's no longer reporesenting himself, he's hired agent Mitch Frankel.
In other news, Mitch Frankel has been named the most desperate sports agent in America by The Sporting News.

Tampa signs punter Michael Koenen to $19.5 million-dollar contract, with $6.5 million-dollar signing bonus. :loco:

Koenen ranked 30th in average punt distance last season. :crazy:

So does that put an end to the Orton deal? If so you have to think that Denver dropped the ball.
The link I provided a couple posts later speculates that the Orton deal is dead.I'm not so sure. Anything can still happen.
Miami gets a promising young qb for a reasonable price and drives the price of Orton to the floor. I like the move. If they still get him, that would be Orton, Moore and Henne. Surely someone will step up.
So it still sounds like Denver is desperate to move Orton (Cap issues).....I'm thinking Seattle swoops in with a nice 3rd in 2013 for Orton deal. Nothing more than my thoughts, but Pete Carroll tweeted on Wednesday night that there would be more QB news coming on Saturday.

So it still sounds like Denver is desperate to move Orton (Cap issues).....I'm thinking Seattle swoops in with a nice 3rd in 2013 for Orton deal. Nothing more than my thoughts, but Pete Carroll tweeted on Wednesday night that there would be more QB news coming on Saturday.
Yeah, the Fins may have done the Seahawks a huge favor. If I was Pete Carroll I would at least send a fruit basket...

So I guess Harbaugh really likes A.Smith? Seem to me that even with a guy like Orton at the QB spot the 49ers could be favorites in that division. It almost makes too much sense for them to get involved.

So I guess Harbaugh really likes A.Smith? Seem to me that even with a guy like Orton at the QB spot the 49ers could be favorites in that division. It almost makes too much sense for them to get involved.
Or between the play of Smith, the Gore holdout and Crabtree's broken foot Harbaugh is starting to have dreams of Luck dancing in his head.

As a Dolphins fan, I am not happy about getting Moore instead of Orton.

I do think Nnamadi goes to the jets. But why would Bob no and nobody else does.
I also believe that the Jets will sign him. But they seem to be nervous and want an answer already. I think Houston's signing of Joseph stunted Nnamdi's price, and it could be that Al Davis's recent cuts of CJ37 and Cooper Carlisle may be some cap space maneuvers to try to compete on the low end of Nnamdi's acceptable pay scale. I don't think it's likely, but am crossing my fingers.

Denver is not up against the cap - moving Orton is not a financial necessity.

link

Their cap situation will also improve markedly next Thursday, when the NFL's 2011 league year belatedly begins. Peter Ruocco, the league's senior vice president of labor relations, confirmed Thursday that all dead money — money amortized from the contracts of cut or traded players — will come off the salary caps of all NFL teams in the new league year. That will clear roughly $17 million off the Broncos' books and put them well under the $120 million cap.

Read more: Krieger: Denver Broncos, Kyle Orton and Miami Dolphins wait on money and draft-pick details - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18572814#ixzz1TVkcWMnp

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Everything that I've read and/or heard indicates that Orton came in yesterday and was very crisp and confident, much more than Tebow. I'm not sure that moving him at all is a good idea - much less for peanuts.If the dolphins want to move ahead with Moore/Henne, that's on them. If they want a legitimate NFL calibre QB (for once), they will have to pay...both Orton the salary he deserves, and the Broncos. The dolphins are trying to lowball here, and IMO it's going to bite them in the butt.

Tampa signs punter Michael Koenen to $19.5 million-dollar contract, with $6.5 million-dollar signing bonus. :loco:Koenen ranked 30th in average punt distance last season. :crazy:
more important stat: 2nd in the league in fair catch calls.
Still only 26th in net.
let me real clear: he's a very good punter and KOS. he is in no way worth $19 million though. he could be a bust as he's no longer primarily kicking indoors.

At some point throwing high picks and big contracts at a new QB every year loses its luster.A.J. Feeley (2nd round pick trade)Daunte Culpepper (2nd round pick trade)Cleo Lemon (trade A.J. Feeley & 6th round pick)John Beck (2nd round pick)Chad Henne (2nd round pick)Tyler Thigpen (5th round pick)Pat White (2nd round pick)You could make an argument that Orton is different and I would probably agree with you, but creating a true competition between Henne and Moore where pick compensation and a high salary don't skew the decision is good for the team. Henne has been handcuffed by terrible play calling and sub-par talent around him for much of his professional career. I think he deserves one more year in a competition setting with a fresh OC and new running game. Moore is coming from bad conditions too and could be a great low risk/high reward pickup.

At some point throwing high picks and big contracts at a new QB every year loses its luster.A.J. Feeley (2nd round pick trade)Daunte Culpepper (2nd round pick trade)Cleo Lemon (trade A.J. Feeley & 6th round pick)John Beck (2nd round pick)Chad Henne (2nd round pick)Tyler Thigpen (5th round pick)Pat White (2nd round pick)You could make an argument that Orton is different and I would probably agree with you, but creating a true competition between Henne and Moore where pick compensation and a high salary don't skew the decision is good for the team. Henne has been handcuffed by terrible play calling and sub-par talent around him for much of his professional career. I think he deserves one more year in a competition setting with a fresh OC and new running game. Moore is coming from bad conditions too and could be a great low risk/high reward pickup.
you have to think that the Moore signing closed the book on Orton. We'll see if it was the right move...

I completely agree. For the Dolphin franchise just going with those 2 is not the end of the world.For Sporano it means he probably gets a short haircut at the end of the season.Tony probably hasn't slept in a week. LOL

not sure matt moore signing precludes an orton trade... there was concurrent talk about adding orton and moore a day or two ago (no link, my recollection)... MIA traded thigpen to BUF...

it will be interesting to see who blinks first in the game of QB chicken... MIA may not have to wait much longer to find out if DEN is bluffing in insisting on a day two pick (3rd?), or they keep him... there doesn't seem to be any other teams in play, in which case MIA could always up the ante later, if in fact orton isn't cut...

the other complication is orton has some leverage... he reportedly doesn't want to restructure his contract for a two year rental-type contract, but is looking for a long term commitment... if that isn't forthcoming, he would prefer to hit free agency next year when he has control over the process (presumably even if that means the possibility/probability((?)) of sitting behind tebow in 2011)... reports of this last complication (if accurate) makes this deal far from a slam dunk...

Orton would put them out of the running for Andrew Luck.
I am not an Alex Smith fan...but I'm not so sure Orton is much of an upgrade over Smith. I think Smith is DeBerg II (as Bill Walsh said, "Just good enough to get you beat"), but he's gotten a bad rap around here. When Smith has had a real OC (norv), he's been decent.Jeez, I sound like a Smith apologist. Somebody shoot me.

Users who are viewing this thread