What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friday, May 12 - Weekend Plan Thread (1 Viewer)

Lunch somewhere on the water today and yard work tomorrow. Might buy some water softener salt too. It’s so exciting.

Friday: Just had a childhood friend I haven't seen since 1978 swing by and we spent 5-6 hours catching up. It was awesome.

Saturday: I need some plants, both inside & out, so off to get some and plant them if it's not pouring rain. Couple of other less exciting errands.

Sunday: Call my mom, groceries, and cook up some stuff for the week.

Bonus Monday: My permit FINALLY came through for replacing my deck. Contractor, dumpster, and material arriving.

Loved that picture of you and your buddy on FB. Can tell you guys had some wild times together.

Friday: Just had a childhood friend I haven't seen since 1978 swing by and we spent 5-6 hours catching up. It was awesome.

Saturday: I need some plants, both inside & out, so off to get some and plant them if it's not pouring rain. Couple of other less exciting errands.

Bonus Monday: My permit FINALLY came through for replacing my deck. Contractor, dumpster, and material arriving.

Loved that picture of you and your buddy on FB. Can tell you guys had some wild times together.
We spent about half (ok, 3/4) of the time talking about the dumb **** we did. Funny how I remembered the crazy stuff he was the ringleader of that he had forgotten, and the idiotic things I had us do that I seemed to have no recollection of.

That dude was/is a trip. He lives in your state.

Ended up going to an estate sale with my wife yesterday. The place was FULL and the prior owners were collectors....of EVERYTHING. We were only there about 30 minutes before they closed so my wife immediately said that she wanted to go back today as her Mother's Day gift. And then we will go to a nearby Vietnamese place for some Pho.

Another traditional Mother's Day!

Our 18-year old son does NOT want to go to the estate sale but he is interested in the food part of the trip so he will begrudgingly go with us (and the guilt trip I laid on him due to the fact it's Mother's Day and he really doesn't have a choice). Going to see if I can get him to buy something that he can resell online for a profit. He needs to start earning his keep somehow....LOL

We spent about half (ok, 3/4) of the time talking about the dumb **** we did. Funny how I remembered the crazy stuff he was the ringleader of that he had forgotten, and the idiotic things I had us do that I seemed to have no recollection of.

Nice! Where abouts is he?

I think it's Grant's Pass. I was about half-hammered (shocking, I know) when we got to where he lived in Oregon.

Grilling some burgers tonight. Probably drinking some bourbon as well.

Saturday morning will be yardwork and gardening unless we get a bunch of rain tonight. No plans for later Saturday yet, I'm sure the boss has something planned. We've talked about getting a few trees to plant so that could be in the cards.

Sunday will be something with the family and in-laws and a call to mom. I keep asking about the plans, but that's not exactly how my wife works. It is what it is. Will see my mom in the next week or two, but still feel bad that I won't see her this weekend. Oh, well.

I need to do some tree trimming at some point, so that will fill in any gaps unless it is raining.
Burgers and bourbon were good.

We got a bunch of rain Friday night, so I started Saturday with gardening and tree trimming. Rain held off and the yard dried up so then I mowed and cleaned up the whole yard. Ended up spending the whole damn day out in the yard. Came inside about 430 to clean up and then we got a huge storm (just rain) that I got to watch from the patio while sipping more bourbon. Almost a perfect day (add in sexy time with the wife and it would have been perfect).

Sunday was a lazy day with wife and kid. Made some breakfast for the wife and then took BBQ dinner to the in-laws. Drank some of FIL's bourbon. The BBQ was just OK, I actually make better ribs. Should have just done that. Oh well.

I think it's Grant's Pass. I was about half-hammered (shocking, I know) when we got to where he lived in Oregon.

Haven't spent too much time there, but it's in a really pretty part of the state with a lot of cool outdoor stuff to do - Rogue River runs through it. It's where the Dutch Bros coffee chain started. Pretty cool back story if you're interested: https://www.dutchbros.com/our-story

Just two regular dudes (brothers) who got bored at the dairy farm and started selling coffee and espresso out of an old rail cart, jamming to tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread