What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friday, May 12 - Weekend Plan Thread (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
Me:

Tonight: watch some garage sports, drink a few beers and see if a few neighbors mosey over. maybe work on some fishing lures for the corbinator bait company.

Saturday: early 5-6 mile run. farmers market. nursery for some plants. plant (3) new bushes in the front. leaning toward some holly bushes. more yard work, some cold beers, sports outside on the garage tv's, and then grill something for dinner. leaning toward steaks with fresh asparagus and hopefully new potatoes if they are in.

Sunday: 9:00 am mother's day breakfast on the Blackstone griddle for the family. then hang out all day and just relax. probably grill something for dinner - whatever the wife wants for her mother's day meal. maybe a little yardwork and working on fishing lures.

Happy weekend everyone!

Today: Attending Chemistry Dept. ceremony and barbecue for my daughter's graduation from Virginia Tech.
Tomorrow: Attending graduation and going out for a celebration lunch after
Sunday: Mother's Day lunch with both kids

Next weekend will be my son's graduation from George Mason.

Today: Attending Chemistry Dept. ceremony and barbecue for my daughter's graduation from Virginia Tech.
Tomorrow: Attending graduation and going out for a celebration lunch after
Sunday: Mother's Day lunch with both kids

Next weekend will be my son's graduation from George Mason.
Wow, that's quite the double there.

Congrats!

Grilling some burgers tonight. Probably drinking some bourbon as well.

Saturday morning will be yardwork and gardening unless we get a bunch of rain tonight. No plans for later Saturday yet, I'm sure the boss has something planned. We've talked about getting a few trees to plant so that could be in the cards.

Sunday will be something with the family and in-laws and a call to mom. I keep asking about the plans, but that's not exactly how my wife works. It is what it is. Will see my mom in the next week or two, but still feel bad that I won't see her this weekend. Oh, well.

I need to do some tree trimming at some point, so that will fill in any gaps unless it is raining.

Me:

Tonight: watch some garage sports, drink a few beers and see if a few neighbors mosey over. maybe work on some fishing lures for the corbinator bait company.

Saturday: early 5-6 mile run. farmers market. nursery for some plants. plant (3) new bushes in the front. leaning toward some holly bushes. more yard work, some cold beers, sports outside on the garage tv's, and then grill something for dinner. leaning toward steaks with fresh asparagus and hopefully new potatoes if they are in.

Sunday: 9:00 am mother's day breakfast on the Blackstone griddle for the family. then hang out all day and just relax. probably grill something for dinner - whatever the wife wants for her mother's day meal. maybe a little yardwork and working on fishing lures.

Happy weekend everyone!
I have pretty similar plans. :bowtie: Going on a couple runs, getting fitted for some new running shoes. Beer and sports tonight and tomorrow, with a trip to the plant nursery scheduled for Sunday -- just getting some fresh herbs and whatnot.

Our 18-year old son is going to his 3rd prom of the year tonight, all with different girls HEY-O!!!

After dropping him off at the pre-party, will probably just hang out at home and make something on the grill, have a few beers and fall asleep on the couch until my son calls at 2am+ to have us pick him up (my wife prefers to pick him up versus taking an UBER from these things). Probably so she can smell alcohol on his breath and get annoyed at him.

No plans yet for Saturday. Not sure what we are doing Sunday. My wife is very low key about any sort of holiday things so we have to figure out the right balance of celebrating Mother's Day without going over the top. She's been a mother for 18 years and I still haven't figured this one out yet.

We went to visit my mom and dad yesterday and will see them again next week so I think that covers MY duties for Mother's Day.

Sunday we have a tradition that the wife and kids and I go to the nursery and buy a lot of trees/bushes and whatever vegetable plants she hasn’t already started with seeds.

Spend most of the weekend outside planting and gardening. Weather should be perfect.

Good thread idea!

Today: Unseasonably warm here, supposed to touch 90 tomorrow and Sunday which means small kids that were complaining about rain and 50s two weeks ago will be MELTING HOT this weekend. I'll clock out of work at the crack of 1pm, run to the store, go grab doggo from daycare and then mow the backyard before the real heat shows up. My two amigos Sosa and his son Franco will join us for a backyard BBQ, as will a neighbor or two. Burgers on the grill, veggie basket, potatoes lots of cold beer and hopefully Sosa makes his guac. That stuff is legendary.

Tomorrow: Daughter's soccer game is at 9am, so up and at 'em. Little break in between games, then my twins have their game at 1:30. Heat advisories have been issued. We are cookie dough soft out in the PNW when it comes to heat. Nothing much planned in the afternoon or evening. Hope to finish a book I'm enjoying, polish off some left overs, listen to some music out back and enjoy some ice cold brews.

Sunday: Flag football practice and a game right after for the twins. These games are the highlight of my week. My old man will host his annual Eater Egg Hunt that was postponed indefinitely due to rain and cold, but since my mom passed 5 years ago and he retired, he doesn't have a whole hell of a lot going on and this thing is a big deal to him. To his credit, he does a great job and will fill the eggs with money, candy, lottery tickets, etc. Got a few gifts for my wife that I'll let the kids give to her with cards. I should probably wake up early and make her a tofu scramble. Every time I make one of these a little piece of me dies.

Last edited:
Today, ducking out early, having a new roof installed will watch those guys for a bit. Wife and I will hit the hot tub later tonight have a few drinks.

Tomorrow, I'm a bachelor for the day as wife and daughter are working out wedding plans, so I'll hit a driving range if it doesn't rain and take the dog for a walk.

Sunday, Daughter coming over to make wife breakfast, then later I'm picking my nephew up from work, will probably bring him over for a while to play with our dog. Chilling out most of the day.

Today - leave work a little early, go grocery shopping. Workout in the home gym when I get home, probably do some weights. Fire up the grill for dinner, maybe burgers or some kind of grilled chicken and veg. Enjoy the evening on the back porch with a drink or two, maybe a cigar. Maybe play Overwatch if friends are playing.

Tomorrow - morning yoga class, then a couple hours of yardwork - revamping a pretty large portion of my backyard. Finish planting for the year. Maybe play 18-24 holes of disc golf in the afternoon if I'm feeling it. Could swing by a brewery to grab a beer or two if anyone's interested. Similar evening plans, enjoy the nice weather.

Sunday - have a date that I still need to plan. She enjoys hiking, so I'll loosely plan on that. Maybe get a workout in, though I usually take Sunday off. Call my mother and my sister at some point to wish them both a happy Mother's Day. Meal plan for upcoming week.

Tonight: back home after being gone for 9 days for niece's wedding and work in NY. Run some errands, stock up supplies for the weekend, sneak out for a sunset 9 holes disc golf and then grill and drink some PNW ipas.

Saturday: it's gonna be hot (GM> hey). try to get some yard work done early and maybe find some water to hang around during the afternoon.

Sunday: solo road trip down to Eugene to play a practice round at a course I'm playing in a few weeks for a big tournament.

Tonight - birthday dinner with friends - LOOK AT ME!

Tomorrow - finish getting a couple Mothers Day gifts, visit my Mom who just had surgery and give her her gift and probably grill out with family.

Sunday - Mothers Day meal with wife, MIL and SIL

Tonight: back home after being gone for 9 days for niece's wedding and work in NY. Run some errands, stock up supplies for the weekend, sneak out for a sunset 9 holes disc golf and then grill and drink some PNW ipas.

Saturday: it's gonna be hot (GM> hey). try to get some yard work done early and maybe find some water to hang around during the afternoon.

Sunday: solo road trip down to Eugene to play a practice round at a course I'm playing in a few weeks for a big tournament.

Which course?

Which course?
Dexter

I played Camp Serene two weekends ago. Fantastic woods course in the middle of nowhere.

Which course?
Dexter

I played Camp Serene two weekends ago. Fantastic woods course in the middle of nowhere.

Sweet! I played Alton Baker last summer, but I was alone and the course confused me a little, but it was nice. I like Eugene. Cool little spot for grub/drinks - Agate Alley Bistro. Best skinny fries in the state.

Which course?
Dexter

Sweet! I played Alton Baker last summer, but I was alone and the course confused me a little, but it was nice. I like Eugene. Cool little spot for grub/drinks - Agate Alley Bistro. Best skinny fries in the state.
I've got an air bnb there in two weeks from Wed to Sun for my tournament. I'm right downtown a few blocks from the market area. would love some recs for food and bev.

Which course?
Dexter

Agate Alley is a cool little spot, we've been there a few times. Hey Neighbor Pizza a block away is also great, good pizza and craft cocktails.

We seem to have gone straight from NW winter to three days of mild weather this week right to fire season this weekend. But I'm loving the warmer early morning walks with the pup.

@urbanhack if you want to grab a beer on Sunday, hit me up!

Which course?
Dexter

Agate Alley is a cool little spot, we've been there a few times. Hey Neighbor Pizza a block away is also great, good pizza and craft cocktails.

We seem to have gone straight from NW winter to three days of mild weather this week right to fire season this weekend. But I'm loving the warmer early morning walks with the pup.

@urbanhack if you want to grab a beer on Sunday, hit me up!
You should go to the tournament and stand in the crowd. Everytime he starts to throw yell:

"Jacka.ss"

Friday: land in Detroit in about an hour. Wife will pick me up, haven’t seen the family in almost 2 weeks so tonight will probably just be carryout, edibles and alcohol and some “quality time” with the wife.

Saturday: one early soccer game, one afternoon soccer game and then bass lessons for one of the kids. Wife wants to go flower shopping in between games. At some point I need to get groceries. Then probably more edibles and alcohol

Sunday: all day Mothers Day so probably me making brunch and then dinner later. My mom and MIL coming over too. Think I’m smoking ribs for dinner, not sure on the early meal yet if it’ll be breakfast and lunch or just brunch. Probably mix in some edibles and alcohol

I probably need to cut the grass too, catch up on some work, maybe clean the garage? With all that going on probably not too much chorin’

I’m going to crack a birthday beer shortly and play a round of disc golf. I’m following that up with grilling then heading to the Whitewater center for a free concert and cold brews in a fantastic setting.

Saturday will be watching soccer, yard work, errands and chilling around the house. I picked up a fresh keg of a delicious New Anthem IPA to keep me company and my friend with a green thumb sent me a kind package to keep me carefree.

Sunday my 3 kids will be home and we will start with a Mother’s Day tradition of stuffed French toast and drinks. That will roll into a low country boil for a combined birthday and Mothers Day celebration.
Things are looking up!

Which course?
Dexter

I've got an air bnb there in two weeks from Wed to Sun for my tournament. I'm right downtown a few blocks from the market area. would love some recs for food and bev.

Plenty of good options within walking distance right there. A fun spot I've been to a few times is called Whirled Pies Downtown. It's an old Hudson car dealership with big tall ceilings, beautiful murals on the walls, good food and live music some nights. It's a quintessential Eugene spot for older hippies, fungsters and bohemians. For breakfast, you can a lot worse than Brails on 5th. I believe they are often voted "The best hangover breakfast in Eugene".

Definitely grab a beer with SFBayDuck. A nicer guy you will not find. I bet you two become fast friends.

I’m going to crack a birthday beer shortly and play a round of disc golf. I’m following that up with grilling then heading to the Whitewater center for a free concert and cold brews in a fantastic setting.

Saturday will be watching soccer, yard work, errands and chilling around the house. I picked up a fresh keg of a delicious New Anthem IPA to keep me company and my friend with a green thumb sent me a kind package to keep me carefree.

Sunday my 3 kids will be home and we will start with a Mother’s Day tradition of stuffed French toast and drinks. That will roll into a low country boil for a combined birthday and Mothers Day celebration.
Things are looking up!
Happy birthday!

Today - mountain bike ride with the wife, pick up and install beer fridge that I bought for $50 out of classifieds, meet friends for a few beers, then pick up burritos on the way home.

Saturday - Golfing with friends, then nap, then whatever wife wants to do (dinner/games with friends).

Sunday - watch soccer in the am, yardwork, bike ride

Me:

Happy weekend everyone!
How is the lure business going?

Me:

Happy weekend everyone!
Not bad. He's probably broken even overall. He bought a bunch of soft plastic stuff this winter, so he has those on the website for sale right now. Plastic worms, swim bait, and a ned rig.

Could use some orders though. Hint...hint.....

:lol:

Friday-Tonight I'm going to relive an experience from my youth that I actually didn't have at the time. There is now on youtube a movie that was part of my local multi-plex's midnight madness rotation that I never got around to watching: Over the Edge. I've been waiting for a Friday night to watch it, so I can watch it buzzed. I'm looking forward to seeing all that late 70's goodness for the first time through my grown-up eyes.

Saturday-Visiting and having lunch with my parents at their house. This is getting tougher and tougher, as my mother is slipping further into dementia and there isn't anything we can do to stop it. At least she still recognizes me.

Sunday-Church and whatever the Mrs. wants to do for Mother's Day, which will probably be just sleep.

Friday: Just had a childhood friend I haven't seen since 1978 swing by and we spent 5-6 hours catching up. It was awesome.

Saturday: I need some plants, both inside & out, so off to get some and plant them if it's not pouring rain. Couple of other less exciting errands.

Sunday: Call my mom, groceries, and cook up some stuff for the week.

Bonus Monday: My permit FINALLY came through for replacing my deck. Contractor, dumpster, and material arriving.

Me:

Happy weekend everyone!
Not bad. He's probably broken even overall. He bought a bunch of soft plastic stuff this winter, so he has those on the website for sale right now. Plastic worms, swim bait, and a ned rig.

Does he make crappie rigs? Would he make some with a 2/0 hook? I haven't seen any with 2/0 since the pandemic, plenty of 1s and 2s.

Friday- Bought a new matress for the new house, hauled off the old matress. Homemade pizza for supper.

Saturday- weather permitting, fell the trunk of a dead mulberry whose branches I took care of earlier in the week. Setup a weight set in the garage for my daughter. Cook burgers and pork chops on the grill for lunch. Finish moving the last of the stuff from the old place. Organize my new shed. Supper, whatever the wife wants.

Sunday- take some flowers to the MIL's grave. Go see my mom, she requested wind-chimes. My wife requested no wind-chimes. Then whatever my wife wants to do, look at furniture it sounds like. Wrap up some Saturday chores if I have any spare time.

Me:

Happy weekend everyone!

Does he make crappie rigs? Would he make some with a 2/0 hook? I haven't seen any with 2/0 since the pandemic, plenty of 1s and 2s.
Not yet. I’ll bring it up to him.

Can you link to a pic so we can see exactly what you want?

Me:

Happy weekend everyone!

Oh the powers of the internet, found some 2/0's there.

Me:

Happy weekend everyone!

Oh the powers of the internet, found some 2/0's there.

Ok. We probably wouldn’t make those. There is no way we could scale it to get that low of a price.

The same thing we do every day, Pinky. Try to take over the world.

Awesome. Good luck, Brain.

"Hey, say Brain? Can you say this in Pinky's voice, Brain?"

Have you ever seen the Orson Welles tribute to the voice guy's Mom who had just passed?

You should look it up if you're a fan of the show. It's rather touching.

Saturday morning -5am- heading to a local lake with a buddy to troll for walleyes and drown some minnows hoping for some big crappies. Home by noon, grocery store with wife then plant some flowers and garden veggie seedlings.

Saturday night - bed by 8 or 9 because I was up at 430 am

Sunday -noonish- cookout with Mom, wife daughter and grandkids.
Might head up in the hollow near my house and setup a new ladder treestand with the wife after everyone leaves

Me:

Happy weekend everyone!

I don’t fish, but admire the kid’s entrepreneurship.

Users who are viewing this thread