What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friday May 19th - Weekend Plan Thread (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
So, another weekend is upon us. Here's the plan for those who care:

Tonight: Wife's work having an event for the Kansas City office as an appreciation for a good year last year. Free food and drinks at a local pickleball place. So we can do that if we want. Play some cornhole, etc. I'm just the eye candy for her tonight.

Saturday: Early morning run, followed by the Farmers Market. Rest of the day putzing around watching sports, getting fishing gear ready for vacation, and some grilling at night.

Sunday: More of the same. Probably mow and do some light yard work. Going to be beautiful this weekend.

Have a good weekend all.

Recovering. Flew to SF on a 7:00 AM flight on Tuesday morning for internal meetings and team events. Had a good time, got in a little hike with the work team out to the ocean up in Marin County. Was out colleagues until after 1:00 AM Tuesday and Wednesday nights, in between sitting in meetings for 8 hours on Wednesday and 5 hours yesterday. Then took the train up to Davis yesterday evening to spend a few hours with my daughter, had dinner with her last night and lunch today and just said goodbye. Currently sitting at a coffee shop amongst the college kids working on their homework on an 85 degree Northern California day before I drive back to Oakland in a bit for an 8:00 flight, will get home around 10:00 tonight. So yeah, recovering.

Hopefully that means a weekend with nap or two in the hammock, some rehydration (and of course a hard cider or three), some home cooking, a hike with the pup, some NBA playoffs on the couch, maybe even a little Netflix and chill if I'm lucky.

If anybody has some good pickleball shtick for tonight let me know.

This is what ChatGPT came up with. I think we're safe from our AI overlords for awhile.....

Here are a few pickleball-themed jokes and schticks you can use to entertain others at a pickleball gathering:

1. "I heard pickleball was invented by a cucumber who wanted to become a tennis star but couldn't quite make the cut. So, it decided to pickle its dreams and create a new sport!"
  2. "Why did the pickleball player bring a ladder to the game? Because they wanted to reach new heights and smash those overhead shots!"
  3. "Did you know that pickleball is the secret to longevity? It keeps you dill-lighted and gives you a gherkin for life!"
  4. "They say pickleball is addictive, but don't worry, it's a good kind of addiction. We're all just a bunch of dill addicts chasing that sweet pickleball high!"
  5. "What's a pickleball player's favorite kind of music? Pickleback! They love a good beat to keep them in rhythm on the court."
  6. "You know you're a true pickleball enthusiast when you start seeing the world through pickle-colored glasses. It's a whole new brine-spective!"
  7. "Why do pickleball players make great detectives? Because they're always looking for the perfect drop shot and have a knack for finding those hidden sweet spots!"
Remember, humor is subjective, so gauge the crowd's reaction and adjust accordingly. Have fun and enjoy your time at the pickleball gathering!

Recovering. Flew to SF on a 7:00 AM flight on Tuesday morning for internal meetings and team events. Had a good time, got in a little hike with the work team out to the ocean up in Marin County. Was out colleagues until after 1:00 AM Tuesday and Wednesday nights, in between sitting in meetings for 8 hours on Wednesday and 5 hours yesterday. Then took the train up to Davis yesterday evening to spend a few hours with my daughter, had dinner with her last night and lunch today and just said goodbye. Currently sitting at a coffee shop amongst the college kids working on their homework on an 85 degree Northern California day before I drive back to Oakland in a bit for an 8:00 flight, will get home around 10:00 tonight. So yeah, recovering.

Hopefully that means a weekend with nap or two in the hammock, some rehydration (and of course a hard cider or three), some home cooking, a hike with the pup, some NBA playoffs on the couch, maybe even a little Netflix and chill if I'm lucky.

You're literally about ten miles from me right now. I'd drive over at meet you for a beer, but on a Friday afternoon, I'd be lucky if I found a parking spot before Sunday. And I'm stuck till 5pm. Boo.

Our community is a very Dutch Community so we have the Tulip festival this Thurs, Fri, and Sat so I will be going to 5 of 6 parades in 3 days. Our son is in the marching band and the bad is one of the biggest features of the parade, so I will be watching as many as possible to support him. Our high school is fairly small (650 students 9-12) and 150 of those students are in band. They march all of the parades in Wooden Shoes. It is very repetitive to watch every parade. Other than that, not much else. Yardwork was done Thursday between parades so relax and get ready for the week ahead.

Going to Chicken n Pickle or Serv? Might come creep on you. I kid…

Buddy is doing the Ironman in Tulsa Sunday. Driving down there tomorrow, crashing at another friend’s house, he’s smoking a bunch of meat, will chill at his pool and catch up as we don’t see each other as much as we’d like nowadays. Sunday helping out with whatever the triathlete needs, celebratory beers after

Took the day off and took my son to the zoo with family. CLTFC game tomorrow night. Meeting up with a friend who moved away but is visiting on Sunday

You're literally about ten miles from me right now. I'd drive over at meet you for a beer, but on a Friday afternoon, I'd be lucky if I found a parking spot before Sunday. And I'm stuck till 5pm. Boo.
I visit her 4-5 times a year, she’s only a soph, and she just got a job in Davis so she’ll be staying over the summer. So rain check for sure!

Tonight: stopped by the antique mall to check on my wife's booths as she hasn't been feeling well. Came home cut the grass, watched an episode of Barry, played Fortnite with the son, now slowly getting lit and watching a live stream of Dead & Co.
Sat: Need to work on some financial planning stuff, have a grad party to attend of a son's friend, then heading down across the river to see a Dopapod show.
Sun: Another grad part for son's friend, then grad party for cousin's daughter. Need to fit in some grocery shopping.

Buddy is doing the Ironman in Tulsa Sunday. Driving down there tomorrow, crashing at another friend’s house, he’s smoking a bunch of meat, will chill at his pool and catch up as we don’t see each other as much as we’d like nowadays. Sunday helping out with whatever the triathlete needs, celebratory beers after
We were at Serv. Pretty neat place.

You in the KC area? We should grab a beer sometime.

We were at Serv. Pretty neat place.

You in the KC area? We should grab a beer sometime.
Yeah, I’m in Olathe. I went to Serv in March shortly after they opened, I agree it’s neat. I hope they make it. There is another similar place going up somewhere near the Scheels soccer complex in OP. Would love to grab a beer sometime

Yesterday:
Stayed in… roasted a chicken, watched movies.

Today: going to either head to tomales bay for lunch (nick’s or Tony’s), or over to Sonoma to hit a winery or two, lunch at the girl and the fig.

Tomorrow: meeting my mother for a belated birthday lunch in Corte Madera (restoration hardware restaurant)

Yesterday:
Stayed in… roasted a chicken, watched movies.

Today: going to either head to tomales bay for lunch (nick’s or Tony’s), or over to Sonoma to hit a winery or two, lunch at the girl and the fig.

Tomorrow: meeting my mother for a belated birthday lunch in Corte Madera (restoration hardware restaurant)

I miss heading out to Nick's 3-4 times every year. Love that boat shack, have had some good times out at the end of that pier.

Mrs. Tri and I took our grandsons (4 1/2 and 6 1/2) to what was billed as a Civil War reenactment this morning. It was really just a Civil War-themed Memorial weekend remembrance ...but still pretty neat for the grandsons to observe. They showed good patience throughout the hour-long event (they were the only children there). The event was in a small, wooded cemetery in our town. It had just a few very old gravestones scattered among the forested area (not much larger than a double-residential lot), and it was set in the middle of a residential development. Only about 25-30 people attended, and we were almost outnumbered by the participants, who consisted of a few local politicians and a number of folks in mid-1800s regalia. But it was good for the boys. Early on, we all sang the Star Spangled Banner and recited the Pledge of Allegiance (which the older grandson recognized from his kindergarten class). They had a man who realistically looked like Lincoln (whom are son recognized) reciting the Gettysburg Address. They ended with three rather thunderous, smoky cannon shots and a bugler playing taps. All in all, a very beneficial memory for the boys to experience.

Was a nice weekend. A couple beers with some friends after work Friday and then some wine and watched Air with the wife. Saturday, went out with wife and a couple for Mexican food and margs. Did some yard work today and went for a hike. Today was such a gorgeous day.

Our community is a very Dutch Community so we have the Tulip festival this Thurs, Fri, and Sat so I will be going to 5 of 6 parades in 3 days. Our son is in the marching band and the bad is one of the biggest features of the parade, so I will be watching as many as possible to support him. Our high school is fairly small (650 students 9-12) and 150 of those students are in band. They march all of the parades in Wooden Shoes. It is very repetitive to watch every parade. Other than that, not much else. Yardwork was done Thursday between parades so relax and get ready for the week ahead.
Holland, huh? How was it? I want to make it up there one year for that.

Holland, huh? How was it? I want to make it up there one year for that.
No, Orange City Iowa. My wife is currently in Holland for a corporate meeting though. We would like to make to Holland some year as well, but unfortunately Holland's tulip festival is during the busy time of year for the wife (she works at a University)

Users who are viewing this thread