What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friday Night Lights (1 Viewer)

I normally agree with Capella for the most part on this board and high school football is one of my most favorite things, but this show really blows.

Enjoyed last nights show.

Dealt with some tough issues.

Didn't even show one game.. Nice so there is going to be more to the show then 45 mintues of talking 15 mintues of game play. Loved that they ended with the kickoff and fade to black leaving you waiting until next week to see what happens.

:popcorn:

the end was the only good part, the relationships and other stuff, i could take it or leave it, but the football is where its at.. hopefully they got the snot beat out of them and have to regroup

(then come together as a team, go on to state, and lose by a yard)

Caught both episodes last night and really liked it. Sure it's cliche, but that's kinda the point.

Only parts I didn't like were the ol' buddy/car dealer/booster threatening the coach (way over the top) and the fact that this brilliant coach with this hugely talented team went into the season with a 2nd-string QB that doesn't know the plays and looks like he's never thrown a pass.

One thing I dont like so far is that everyone is acting that the 2nd string QB has never played football before. In that town ... for you to be the 2nd string QB ... you are already damn good. It makes no sense that this sophore is made out to be some bumbling idiot who cant even hand the ball off

Ep2 was very good. This was what i expected & hoped this show would be about.

The opening church scenes & the scene with Smash's momma were pitch perfect for small town Texas.

One thing I dont like so far is that everyone is acting that the 2nd string QB has never played football before. In that town ... for you to be the 2nd string QB ... you are already damn good. It makes no sense that this sophore is made out to be some bumbling idiot who cant even hand the ball off
I kind of took it as they were making him out to be extremely nervous with so much pressure, his dad in Iraq, and him having to take care of his grandmother, now having to be "The Man" in this football town.I guess it could be taken either way.

I kind of took it as they were making him out to be extremely nervous with so much pressure, his dad in Iraq, and him having to take care of his grandmother, now having to be "The Man" in this football town.I guess it could be taken either way.
I think they went a little far with making the QB look completely incompetent and clueless, but I think MrPack is right in their reasoning behind it. They just went a little overboard. Let's see how he plays in his first game as a starter.

I thought Dillon hadn't been good for a few years and that such expectations were heaped upon them because of Street and the new coach?

Can a flood victim from out of state play on the team? I think some places make them transfer a year before they can play.

Can a flood victim from out of state play on the team? I think some places make them transfer a year before they can play.
I don't know any high schools that make transfers sit out unless they transferred for athletic purposes or if they don't live within the school's boundaries.

I'm liking this show.

The girlfriend's mom has a dilemma, sweet caring girl with her whole future ahead of her:take care of paralyzed boyfriend or move on to live "normal" life. As a parent, you're stuck supporting either decision because the other path wasn't chosen. No clue what I'd do if it were my daughter, I suppose the idea is you let the daughter decide and support her decision but...that's a toughie.

I'm tired of the FB's drinking and thus always tired BS and that RBs mouth. I'd like to play D and smack each of them with a hard hit.

Backup/starting QB I root for.

No game this week, or did I miss it?

Don't need to sit out at all. In reality, the situation with the victim displayed on this show last night happened all over north LA and east TX last fall. About the show, it has officially become nothing more than a prime time soap opera geared towards females and guys under 30.

I'm liking this show.The girlfriend's mom has a dilemma, sweet caring girl with her whole future ahead of her:take care of paralyzed boyfriend or move on to live "normal" life. As a parent, you're stuck supporting either decision because the other path wasn't chosen. No clue what I'd do if it were my daughter, I suppose the idea is you let the daughter decide and support her decision but...that's a toughie.I'm tired of the FB's drinking and thus always tired BS and that RBs mouth. I'd like to play D and smack each of them with a hard hit.Backup/starting QB I root for.No game this week, or did I miss it?
The game was at the beginning of the show when they lost. The rest of the show had the whole town getting increasingly hostile toward the losing coach.

Don't need to sit out at all. In reality, the situation with the victim displayed on this show last night happened all over north LA and east TX last fall. About the show, it has officially become nothing more than a prime time soap opera geared towards females and guys under 30.Really?:shrug:38 here and enjoyed last nights show.If I wanted more Football I could have changed to NFL Network and watched the replay of Redskins vs. Titans. :yawn:

Don't need to sit out at all. In reality, the situation with the victim displayed on this show last night happened all over north LA and east TX last fall. About the show, it has officially become nothing more than a prime time soap opera geared towards females and guys under 30.Really?:shrug:38 here and enjoyed last nights show.If I wanted more Football I could have changed to NFL Network and watched the replay of Redskins vs. Titans. :yawn: Yeah, but I've seen your pics. Your manhood is questionable. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't need to sit out at all. In reality, the situation with the victim displayed on this show last night happened all over north LA and east TX last fall. About the show, it has officially become nothing more than a prime time soap opera geared towards females and guys under 30.Really?:shrug:38 here and enjoyed last nights show.If I wanted more Football I could have changed to NFL Network and watched the replay of Redskins vs. Titans. :yawn: Yeah, but I've seen your pics. Your manhood is questionable. ;) :lmao: Ask those who venture into my other threads. I believe they will have a different answer for you. ;)

Of course they would never admit they were transferring for "athletic" reasons...Actually there are many examples of high school athletes (football and basketball seem to get the most press) that transferred/relocated from New Orleans and are having great seasons.I do like the show (and the music)....different from CSI-'state your city' or some hospital show.

Of course they would never admit they were transferring for "athletic" reasons...Actually there are many examples of high school athletes (football and basketball seem to get the most press) that transferred/relocated from New Orleans and are having great seasons.
My High School had transfers w/in the county for sports (hockey, swimming, and diving). The funny part was the kids didnt even move.

I'm liking this show.The girlfriend's mom has a dilemma, sweet caring girl with her whole future ahead of her:take care of paralyzed boyfriend or move on to live "normal" life. As a parent, you're stuck supporting either decision because the other path wasn't chosen. No clue what I'd do if it were my daughter, I suppose the idea is you let the daughter decide and support her decision but...that's a toughie.I'm tired of the FB's drinking and thus always tired BS and that RBs mouth. I'd like to play D and smack each of them with a hard hit.Backup/starting QB I root for.No game this week, or did I miss it?
The game was at the beginning of the show when they lost. The rest of the show had the whole town getting increasingly hostile toward the losing coach.
makes sense, came in late. Thanks.what would you do if that was your daughter dating the paralyzed player?

So I watched my first full episode of this and it was what I'd thought it would be. Same old. Not really impressed. Didn't Tom Cruise already do this movie?

I dig this show... I'm not sure why, but I do.

Wait, I know why. Lyla, Tyra, and the coach's wife's melons. There's some other good stuff too.

' said:
For those that watch, there is a new episode tonight (10.30) at 10pm ET on NBC...
Full night of T.V. tonight:Vikings vs. Patriots, Prison Break, Heroes & Friday Night lights. Remote is sure to get a work out tonight. :popcorn:

I dig this show... I'm not sure why, but I do.

Wait, I know why. Lyla, Tyra, and the coach's wife's melons. There's some other good stuff too.
Fixed for you
:goodposting: Mrs. Taylor makes me feel kinda...funny.
Just realized that Coach's wife is Nikki from Spin City. She has retained her hotness very nicely.
You JUST realized this??Wow.. Do you have any hair left after that :whoosh: :confused:

;)

I think Tyra has the "fat shadow." Hot now, but she'll pork up considerably as she ages if she's not careful. Not so with Lyla. :wub:

They're laying the sap on a little thick lately. They really need to tone down the soap a little and tone up the action. Not even football action, just get the show rolling.

And who the hell is this new guy that showed up at Applebees? You know, the guy that looks like Doogie Howser could kick his ###.

Hated it last week, and so far this week (from the few minutes I've seen) it's only been some guy I've never seen before talking to the blonde and the kid in the wheelchair.

I'm TIVOing it while MNF is on, but I'm not sure I'll even bother.

Users who are viewing this thread