What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frozen - new Disney film (1 Viewer)

lakerstan

Footballguy
This seems to be flying under the radar a bit, but getting excellent reviews. 93% on RT as of today. Anyone taking the kids?

My daughter is a few months from turning 4. We are thinking about taking her to this as her first movie theater experience. Think that's too young?

My daughter is a few months from turning 4. We are thinking about taking her to this as her first movie theater experience. Think that's too young?
Definitely, these disney movies are intense.
:lmao: 4 is fine. We have been taking our kids to the movies since they were 2. We stick to 2D since they play with the glasses and don't keep them on.

Might take mine on Friday. Already have the frozen infinity set pre ordered. Looks decent.

Great timing on this thread! Anyone know what makes it PG instead of G? I have a 4 and an almost 3. They love Rio and Tangled (both PG), but the death of Simba's father is too much for them in Lion King (G). All I can find out is "some action and mild rude humor".

Last edited by a moderator:
Great timing on this thread! Anyone know what makes it PG instead of G? I have a 4 and an almost 3. They love Rio and Tangled (both PG), but the death of Simba's father is too much for them in Lion King (G). All I can find out is "some action and mild rude humor".
The snowman is naked the whole time aside from a couple pieces of coal (kinky).

Seriously, you guys need to let your kids live a little. Take them to the movie.

Probably taking my daughters (5 and 3) this weekend.

When the 5 year old was 3, we were at the National Aquaurium in Baltimore and watched the Dora 3D short movie. She freaked out and was scarred out of her mind when Swiper was coming out of the screen, crying at the top of her lungs (SWIPER NEEDS TO GO BACK IN THE TV!!!). Obviously, I removed her.

It was a double feature though, so we went back in to watch the national geographic whatever it was. That was fun penguins and stuff for a few minutes, when all of a sudden a seal is just swimming and a giant great white shark full on jumps out of the ocean and eats him, in 3d. Meltdown #2.

I don't recommend 3d for little ones imo.

Saw a sneak preview of this in NYC last week. Great kids flick and parents will love it too. Snowman is hysterical.

My 4 yr old son got scared ####less during the end scaring scenes in Monsters University.
We haven't even made it through the original Monster's Inc. We've attempted twice. Sid the Science Kid Movie was a false start as well.

My 4 yr old son got scared ####less during the end scaring scenes in Monsters University.
We haven't even made it through the original Monster's Inc. We've attempted twice. Sid the Science Kid Movie was a false start as well.
Its strange cuz he loves Monsters Inc. Hes not scared of the monsters but the testing robot kids. You just never know what will scare these kids.

My daughter who is 7 is just getting over being scarred by her Toy Story 3 experience whenever that came out. I'm tired of trying to convince them to see kids movies and quite frankly, as long as they play nice independently (which they do), no kids movies is no big loss for kid or daddy.

Going to try out Elf on Friday. I figure it isn't really scary aside from a little bit with the Central Park Rangers. I just hope the humor isn't over their head.

shadyridr said:
avoiding injuries said:
lol wut
I know nothing about the movie other than its PG. trying to see if a 3.5yo could follow along from someone who knows more about the movie. Sorry your son was scared by Monsters University.

I almost #### when I noticed what Monster Inc was about and turned it off. Thought it was bad idea for 3 yr old. Shows what I know, my kid loves the scare scenes and is terrified of the shark in Nemo.

Took my 4 and 7 year old today. I really enjoyed it and they loved it. One of the best kids movies I've ever seen. My oldest wants to go back and see it in 3D.

Took my 4 and 7 year old today. I really enjoyed it and they loved it. One of the best kids movies I've ever seen. My oldest wants to go back and see it in 3D.
4 yo get scared at all?
No, she was good. There are some potentially scary parts, but she held strong. I'd say she scares somewhat easily. There's a funny snowman that's around for most of the scarier parts and he lightens the mood.

Wife and I have been talking about taking our nearly 3yo daughter to see this as her first theater experience. I'm worried she'll be bored or talking or running around. I guess we can give it a try and abort if she's not interested. She tends to love pretty much every Disney movie we put on, I can't imagine this will be any different.

Wife and I have been talking about taking our nearly 3yo daughter to see this as her first theater experience. I'm worried she'll be bored or talking or running around. I guess we can give it a try and abort if she's not interested. She tends to love pretty much every Disney movie we put on, I can't imagine this will be any different.
I'd go to the earliest showing and show up 20 minutes later than the showing time to get past all of the previews.

I'd go to the earliest showing and show up 20 minutes later than the showing time to get past all of the previews.
Great suggestions.

Otis said:
NutterButter said:
Otis said:
Great suggestions.
Previews only ran 8 minutes at my showing. One for Malficient scared my 3 year old pretty good.

After the previews, they ran a Mickey Mouse short that was pretty violent. It was almost Itchy and Scractchy territory.

Otis said:
NutterButter said:
Otis said:
Great suggestions.
Previews only ran 8 minutes at my showing. One for Malficient scared my 3 year old pretty good.

After the previews, they ran a Mickey Mouse short that was pretty violent. It was almost Itchy and Scractchy territory.
Lucky you. I was being conservative with the 20. Mine was closer to 25.

We are taking my girls today, 3 & 5. They are extremely excited....already proclaiming it their favorite movie.

I'm contemplating a sneak out and sneak in on Thor 2.

Saw it. Kids really liked it. I thought it was Ok. Liked Tangled better

Previews= Malificent and a Mickey short. Nothing else.

I was struggling to stay focused for like the first 35-40 mins, but after that I thought it was great. My girls, to no surprise, loved it. Real nice ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
We took our 3.5 year old daughter to see this on Thanksgiving. It was her first movie. She has not stopped talking about it.

It was a great movie for kids and not bad for parents. Some of the songs were fantastic. The snowman was odd but very entertaining.

I said the exact same thing about a MM short that was on Disney TV the other day. It looked like an older Mickey, but is apparently new. WTF

My 4 year old wanted to leave at one point and then hid his eyes behind my hand for the snow monster scene. In the end he says he enjoyed it, but it took some convincing to stay.

My almost 3 year old covered his ears a few times and watched half of the movie from my lap.

Just saw it. Very good. You just know that Let It Go song is gonna win the oscar for best song.

But the real question is, Ana or Elsa?

Saw it on Christmas eve with my 16, 11, 8, and 2 (almost 3) yr old.

First 30 minutes or so is more of a musical. I fell asleep at least twice during that time. It got better as it went on.

The snowman is pretty funny. Not as funny as the horse in Tangled though. I do give Tangled a better rating than this movie.

Parts that "may be" deemed inappropriate depending on your views are the snowman referencing his "butt" a couple times. "Scary" wolves in one short scene. "Scary" snow monster. Older sister experiences some "darker" feelings. It is a typical disney movie. Some sillier stuff mostly with some adult directed humor sprinkled in. And some darker moments with some violence.

Since it is a Disney flick, it will be added to our catalog of movies.

All I know is I went to EPCOT two weeks ago and I had to wait in line 2 hours to meet Princess Iceberg and her sister Hoe. Damn near killed me.

I'm going to take my daughter next week. The snowman seems funny enough to carry the scary parts without starting a fear meltdown.

All I know is I went to EPCOT two weeks ago and I had to wait in line 2 hours to meet Princess Iceberg and her sister Hoe. Damn near killed me.

I'm going to take my daughter next week. The snowman seems funny enough to carry the scary parts without starting a fear meltdown.
No fast pass? I wish they had these girls when I was there in March. Kids would've loved it.

No fast pass? I wish they had these girls when I was there in March. Kids would've loved it.
Nope - they had them tucked away in Norway. And they took a 15 min break every 20 min. They looked good, I have to admit. But for such a small line it took forever. For whatever reason they weren't "moving them along" like they do with other meet and greets.

AcerFC said:
My daughter got a ton of Anna and elsa stuff for Christmas
Same for my 2 girls. The dolls and both got dresses. Glitter all over the ####in house.

I've been with my daughters to see this twice and someone got them the soundtrack CD for Xmas... these songs are all stuck in my head all day..

Users who are viewing this thread