What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Funny things your kid has said (1 Viewer)

I'm somewhat appalled that your 10 year old doesn't know what that word means.  
Pretty sure she has her first health sex-ed classes soon (5th grade). Yes I know you don't just rely on school for all the info. I guess I didn't realize she didn't know the word. She's still my little girl and I'm in no hurry for her to grow up but I know it's coming fast. I've got a 14 year old too so I'm not looking forward to it.

This isn't helping explain whether bottom is used anywhere for vagina- I've never heard it. I know what fanny means in n America and the UK.
I don't know. Just what we always called it when they were little. Your bottom and your butt. Maybe it's regional, maybe we are just weird. Don't remember how it started.

Was talking to my neighbor yesterday who has a 5 year old son.  His son is just starting to play video games and has started playing the latest Spiderman game.  He's also apparently been watching his dad play because he's trying out trash talking the bad guys also.  He relayed two experiences:

The first isn't that great but it's really funny if you know the kid...

Neighborkid: *as he beats up a bad guy* Take that and put it in your booty!!!

The second:

Neighborkid: *as he's beating up more bad guys* You're all a bunch of f u c k i n s".

MrNeighbor: What did you just say?

MrsNeighbor from the next room: Yeah, what did you just say?

Neighborkid: uhh… f u c k i n s.

MrsNeighbor: f u c k i n s?  Like.... starts with fffffuh?

Neighborkid: Yeah!

MrNeighbor: *knowing damn well he's responsible for that one*  Ooooh buddy, you cant say that.  It's a bad word.

Neighborkid: OK

MrsNeighbor: *as she stares at MrNeighbor* Where did you hear that from?

MrNeighbor: *thinking ooooh no.... I'm busted... how do I get out of this?*

Neighborkid: I dunno

MrNeighbor: YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night my #2 daughter (20yo) took me to see Chicago at the university here. We had a very nice time and she posted about it on insta or snap or something. 
My #1 daughter (23) texted her and said “when I saw you were on a date I was a little jealous. When I saw it was with mom, I was very jealous!”

Not hilarious funny, but it did make me really happy. 

not a singular one liner but my 8 year old has beef with Bob Ross

anytime his name comes up or she sees a reference to him (surprisingly often) she says "Bob Ross is trash!"

which makes me think it must be an internet meme i'm not aware of. either way.. hilarious to me.

Not necessarily funny, per se, but my almost-9 year old absolutely freaked out when she thought she left "her phone" on the hood of my wife's car (who had driven somewhere after the supposed incident).  She was crying uncontrollably and when my wife told her that she had found it but just didn't tell her about finding it.... the look on her face was priceless.  This kid is going to be a cell phone fiend.  We just gave her an old iPhone 3 that she just uses as a camera and has some music on it, etc.  Not connected to WiFi or cell network or anything.

Also, she managed to get it into "voice control" mode the other night.  Freaked out again.  I had to YouTube how to get out of that crap.  :coffee:

Last night my #2 daughter (20yo) took me to see Chicago at the university here. We had a very nice time and she posted about it on insta or snap or something. 
My #1 daughter (23) texted her and said “when I saw you were on a date I was a little jealous. When I saw it was with mom, I was very jealous!”

Not hilarious funny, but it did make me really happy. 
LOOK AT ME, MY KIDS STILL LOVE ME!

Parent teacher conferences today, telling my 4 year old how his teacher had glowing reviews and we're all very proud, he turns to me and says I talked to your coworkers and they only had bad things to say, specifically I spill too much coffee.
Sounds to me like take your kid to work day should be off the table next year.

Last night I was talking to my son (8yo) about how he did a good job putting in effort in school the first quarter.  Part of the conversation:

Me: Your effort is what's going to make you successful.  You're a very smart kid and if you keep putting in this effort, you'll be able to do whatever you want for a living...

KanilJr: *happy smile*

Me: ...you've got a very smart mom...

KanilJr: *agreeing smile*

Me: …and a very smart dad...

KanilJr: *skeptical/questioning look*

Me: … *wtf* OMG WHATS THAT LOOK?

KanilJr: *sympathetic skeptical/questioning look*

Me: What's that look for?  I'm very smart!!!!

KanilJr: *gives the so/so hand tilting back and forth*  "mehhhhhh"

Me: You're grounded until you're married.

Driving my 4YO daugher to pre-school the other day.  Just the two of us in the car.  

She says (randomly):  "Dad, if you crash the car and go to jail, where will I go?"  

Another one (same daughter, when she was barely 3).... For what seemed like 3-4 months straight, she insisted on going up to just about anyone she met, and telling them "We don't say godd#mmit."  

I can't remember if I mentioned one of 5yo Floppinha's catch-phrases... "what in the what?!"

and even though she's coming up on 6 with most of a year of kindergarten under her belt, she still says "whobody". and I still hope she never stops.
:( She stopped

but going back and rereading some of  this thread has been amazing. Genuinely amazing. All the loves to all of you parents for sharing this stuff.

El Floppo said:
:( She stopped

but going back and rereading some of  this thread has been amazing. Genuinely amazing. All the loves to all of you parents for sharing this stuff.

I'll second Flop. This is an awesome thread. 
Hey you two, save it for the "Awesome stories your internet friends share" thread!

Just kidding, great thread and  :censored: if I keep forgetting to add to it.

Lately my 10yo keeps dropping the "Oh Snap" and "That's gonna leave a mark"!

And one I should save for the "funny things you said to your kids (that at least you think are funny)" thread... 10 year old has had a rough time at soccer lately.  Scrapped knees, hit in the head by the ball from close range (possible concussion)... trying to console her and make sure she wasn't afraid of the ball, I asked her "what happens when it stops hurting?"  Puzzled she looks at me.  I said "When it stops hurting it doesn't hurt any more".  She laughed hysterically for a few mins although most of it I'm sure was fake laughing at me.... 

Asked my 4 y.o. daughter what kind of song they sing at the end of the school day before dismissal (her schedule says "pack backpacks and dismissal song").  

Me:  "After you pack your backpacks and put on your jackets, what song do you sing?  Is it the same song every day or a different one sometimes?" 

Her: "Well.......I can't remember exactly.  Why don't you just text me tomorrow while we're packing up backpacks and I'll let you know what song we sing!" 

Me (after laughing):  "How am I going to text you, you don't have a phone"

Her:  "Well you can text my teacher then and I'll get her to tell you"

I love when they mispronounce things, and you repeat exactly what they say (mispronounced) and they correct you by saying it wrong again - exactly as you said it.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My son can't say "boobytrap."  He calls them "foomietraps."  I have no clue why he can't say it.  I joke with him setting "foomie traps," and he has the same dialogue you posted above.  "No Dad!  Not a foomietrap, a FOOMIETRAP!"  Hes often has an ear infection, and my hearing is horrible, so that probably doesn't help...
WHAT?

My 7-year old boy likes to have little discussions with himself, usually while playing Army men or Legos, but sometimes it'll just be randomly when he's in the bath or something.

Well, apparently (and according to my almost-9-year old daughter who took the liberty of writing me a note to tell me), he was chattering away in the bathtub last night (I was at a work networking event and wife was at work, so my Mom was over) and said "F*** turkey!"

He is not a fan of Thanksgiving food... or pretty much anything besides french fries, chicken nuggets and PB&J's.  

kid is currently enrolled in a "life skills" class in middle school

she hates it

she told me the other day how useless & boring it is.   "dad, why do i need to learn how to do  things like laundry & sewing & cooking and like other dumb life stuff... it's not like i'm going to need it since you just do it for me."

well......... brace yourself, kid.

kid is currently enrolled in a "life skills" class in middle school

she hates it

she told me the other day how useless & boring it is.   "dad, why do i need to learn how to do  things like laundry & sewing & cooking and like other dumb life stuff... it's not like i'm going to need it since you just do it for me."

well......... brace yourself, kid.
College is going to be loads of fun.  Did you explain it to her or are you going to surprise her?

My 7-year old boy likes to have little discussions with himself, usually while playing Army men or Legos, but sometimes it'll just be randomly when he's in the bath or something.

Well, apparently (and according to my almost-9-year old daughter who took the liberty of writing me a note to tell me), he was chattering away in the bathtub last night (I was at a work networking event and wife was at work, so my Mom was over) and said "F*** turkey!"

He is not a fan of Thanksgiving food... or pretty much anything besides french fries, chicken nuggets and PB&J's.  
He probably just really doesn't like Erdogan.

You know how some kids around the primary grades have learned to enjoy jokes and like telling jokes and then try out crafting their own jokes? This was my youngest daughter's effort at a knock-knock joke when she was a 2nd-grader...

Her: Knock-knock
Me: Who's there?
Her: Satan's dentist.
Me: Satan's dentist who?
At this point she just stared at me incredulously as if she couldn't understand how I failed to be impressed by Satan's dentist.

Not sure if I wrote this last year, but it seems the kid has things figured out with her Christmas list.  She wrote separate ones for each section of family that may be getting her gifts.  Shes been doing this a year or two now.

She is 10.

Lists for:
Me
Her mom (we are divorced)
Grandparents on her moms side
Grandmother on my side
Her aunt/uncle (my sister)

And I do believe Santa will get a separate one.  We are wondering if she still believes or just doesn't want to ruin it for us....  

Not sure if I wrote this last year, but it seems the kid has things figured out with her Christmas list.  She wrote separate ones for each section of family that may be getting her gifts.  Shes been doing this a year or two now.

She is 10.

Lists for:
Me
Her mom (we are divorced)
Grandparents on her moms side
Grandmother on my side
Her aunt/uncle (my sister)

And I do believe Santa will get a separate one.  We are wondering if she still believes or just doesn't want to ruin it for us....  
You have a smart kid. This is a good thing.

My nearly 3 year old daughter has a new habit. She rips audible farts, waits a beat, and then says “what’s that smell?” without a hint of irony every time.

Who’s the loser here?
I'm sure she did NOT pick that up from you.

A couple jems from the 4 year old this week:

1.  We pick up her 13 year old brother (for whatever reason, she has resorted to calling him "bro" or even more recently, "brah") from basketball.  I wasn't paying attention, but I hear this exasperated sigh and hear "let me roll this window down" followed by her yelling out the window (it was about 20 degrees) -- "bro, why don't you have any pants on??!!"   I just about pissed myself.  The tone of the sigh was very much like "let me roll down this window and holla at this mofo".  

2.   At her daycare, they have a letter of the week, so we have been treated to "A is for Apple" and "C is for Cookie" pictures that they have sent home of drawings, stickers, etc.   Today, I open up her take home folder and I am treated to THIS jem.  

2.   At her daycare, they have a letter of the week, so we have been treated to "A is for Apple" and "C is for Cookie" pictures that they have sent home of drawings, stickers, etc.   Today, I open up her take home folder and I am treated to THIS jem.  
Make sure you keep this for later.  I guarantee hilarity.
The humor part of this went over my head I think...mostly, I'm just in awe of the concept/graphic realization.

Maybe they’re creatively using leftover drawings from the C or D week.   :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread