What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (7 Viewers)

I don't think that HBO should/will take this any further than asking your ISP to send a warning. I am assuming that many people who downloaded the episodes are also HBO subscribers. IMO, it would be a pretty ####ty move for them to take any legal action against their own costumers.

Watching this season live is tough. I caught up on seasons 1-3 by DVRing them on a free HBO weekend and did the same after season 4. Now that I have HBO Go, I am watching live and it is tough. I just keep expecting way more, probably because I was able to just watch the next one if I had time.

Watching this season live is tough. I caught up on seasons 1-3 by DVRing them on a free HBO weekend and did the same after season 4. Now that I have HBO Go, I am watching live and it is tough. I just keep expecting way more, probably because I was able to just watch the next one if I had time.
sounds exactly like what people said after episode 2 of each of the last four seasons. This is how they do it - they start the season by putting the pieces in motion, then there's a big moment next week, then things build up to episode 9, and then they in episode 10 they leave you with some big cliff hangers.

The same thing happened to me last year. If I had it to do over I would wait until the series is over and run through it. It is more entertaining that way.

The same thing happened to me last year. If I had it to do over I would wait until the series is over and run through it. It is more entertaining that way.
"Wait until the series is over". :lmao:

I tried the build up tactic with the final season of SoA and my dvr decided to take a ####. Still haven't seen the season. Just watch it weekly and enjoy the ride/discussion.

Start over and watch it again. You will pick up on many, many things that otherwise sounded innocuous or were not clear. Just as entertaining second time around, IMO. In some ways, moreso. When you know the Red Wedding is coming, for example, you see things differently.

:shrug: I did that with Breaking Bad and it was great.

After speed watching, getting one episode week it seems like nothing happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

I did it for Breaking Bad as well, but that was just because I didn't watch any episodes of the show until the 5th season was on the air.

Seems a bit odd to me to just stop watching this show and let it build up until the series is over after you already started watching it - just because we can't seem wait a week for the next show. Truly first world problems, and people just don't have patience for the slow build as much anymore. Also with this show, no why you don't get half of the stuff spoiled for you by that point if you don't watch soon after seasons are over.

God these spoiler tags are killing me.
IMO if you have watched the leaked episodes you should no longer be allowed to post in this thread.
Aaaaaaaannnndddd I watch all of the leaks this weekend.

I'll show myself out.
Not only are you banned from ALL GoT threads but HBO is also coming for you

According to reports, HBO is tracking down the people who watched those leaked "Game of Thrones" episodes. Though no serious legal action is being taken at the moment, the company is said to have sent "thousands of warnings" to those with Internet connections that shared the shows.
Has anyone gotten any warnings from their ISP?
I didn't torrent anything.

I did it for Breaking Bad as well, but that was just because I didn't watch any episodes of the show until the 5th season was on the air.

Seems a bit odd to me to just stop watching this show and let it build up until the series is over after you already started watching it - just because we can't seem wait a week for the next show. Truly first world problems, and people just don't have patience for the slow build as much anymore. Also with this show, no why you don't get half of the stuff spoiled for you by that point if you don't watch soon after seasons are over.
You misread, I said if I had to do it over I would have waited until the series is over. I am not waiting now.

:shrug: I did that with Breaking Bad and it was great.After speed watching, getting one episode week it seems like nothing happens.

You misread,.
Yes, yes I did.

Still would probably have 1/2 the stuff spoiled.

I liked most of this episode in terms of the exciting things that it is setting up - especially Arya's next steps in her assassin training and Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne. But man, Daenarys' story line has become REALLY boring.

I liked most of this episode in terms of the exciting things that it is setting up - especially Arya's next steps in her assassin training and Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne. But man, Daenarys' story line has become REALLY boring.
Yeah, I said it after I caught up on the last season - Dany's storyline is just not doing it for me anymore. It's not so much that I need action action action and war war war. I'm ok with character building and background and all that stuff, and a lot of her story was really well told. I had no complaints. But at this point we get it - she has to learn how to rule. They've been telling the same story now for her for 2 years. Unless there is a specific reason for a specific city being in the ultimate story I don't know why we needed to do this multiple times.

Or - and this could just be me seeing something that really isn't there and I haven't read the books - but maybe Dany is being set up to be another Mad King like her father but the way she is getting there is by "always trying to do the right thing." Basically, she is the path to hell being paved with good intentions character. Her guard kinda alluded to that when they were debating the trial of the rebel assassin. IF that is what they are going for then I can buy the very long crawl of her story because we will see he slowly going mad when she is always trying to do something right. That could be a really compelling and massively tragic story. Again, though, I could be way off base on that one.

I hated last night's episode. I read all the books multiple times but its been a while. I felt like a bunch of stuff was changed around and its really confusing me. Didn't the lord of Bones or someone get burned? I don't know.

I hated last night's episode. I read all the books multiple times but its been a while. I felt like a bunch of stuff was changed around and its really confusing me. Didn't the lord of Bones or someone get burned? I don't know.
What books?

Huh? Mance got burned and Jon shot him before he suffered for too long

Did we see the Night King or whatever he was called last season or was that two years ago? It seems odd to show that and then nothing.

The entire walker storylines have taken a back seat for awhile. I almost forget they're a part of this world sometimes.

The Ref said:
PIK95 said:
What books?
A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.

A Game of Thrones

A Clash of Kings

A Storm of Swords

A Feast of Crows

A Dance with Dragons

Its eery how similar this books are with this show. Its almost like the show was based on those books. There are enough differences to keep Martin from suing for copyright infringement, but its good background reading if you like watching the show...

Spin said:
PIK95 said:
Right. But Mance lived in real life.

Spin said:
PIK95 said:
Interesting, I didn't know the show was based on actual events.

Spin said:
PIK95 said:
Remember I know where you live and we are in the same CoC clan. Don't make me fly up there and end you.

(Take the book talk out of here per favor

The Ref said:
PIK95 said:
What books?
A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.

A Game of Thrones

A Clash of Kings

A Storm of Swords

A Feast of Crows

A Dance with Dragons

Its eery how similar this books are with this show. Its almost like the show was based on those books. There are enough differences to keep Martin from suing for copyright infringement, but its good background reading if you like watching the show...
I didn't read any of them, is OK to pick up and start on A Dance with Dragons?

Spin said:
PIK95 said:
Well of course the guy playing Mance is still alive in real life. This is just a t.v. show we're watching. They use special effects to make it look like they shot an arrow into the Mance character, but the actor is a-ok, just out of work with respect to this show.

Spin said:
PIK95 said:
Well of course the guy playing Mance is still alive in real life. This is just a t.v. show we're watching. They use special effects to make it look like they shot an arrow into the Mance character, but the actor is a-ok, just out of work with respect to this show.
Hey, hey, hey... you watch your mouth! Game of Thrones is LIFE!

Spin said:
PIK95 said:
Thanks for the clarification. It did look like real fire, and I was nervous. He may still be able to get back into the show if the red women could maybe switch his face with that Jigger Harqueen dude or something. I like both actors so I'm not sure how I would feel about it though.

Users who are viewing this thread