What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (1 Viewer)

I think Sansa is the one filling out and looking awkward.
Sansa's become a hottie as time has gone on.
Disagree completely.
Can't wait to see your float in the next gay pride parade.
LINK

:lol: Just because I think she is probably going to look more like Brienne of Tarth as she gets older? Give me 1 and 3 all day.

IMO Missandei is the best looking on the show.

The Ref said:
PIK95 said:
I hated last night's episode. I read all the books multiple times but its been a while. I felt like a bunch of stuff was changed around and its really confusing me. Didn't the lord of Bones or someone get burned? I don't know.
What books?
A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.

A Game of Thrones

A Clash of Kings

A Storm of Swords

A Feast of Crows

A Dance with Dragons

Its eery how similar this books are with this show. Its almost like the show was based on those books. There are enough differences to keep Martin from suing for copyright infringement, but its good background reading if you like watching the show...
:rolleyes: everyone knows clash of clans is a video game

The Ref said:
PIK95 said:
I hated last night's episode. I read all the books multiple times but its been a while. I felt like a bunch of stuff was changed around and its really confusing me. Didn't the lord of Bones or someone get burned? I don't know.
What books?
A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.

A Game of Thrones

A Clash of Kings

A Storm of Swords

A Feast of Crows

A Dance with Dragons

Its eery how similar this books are with this show. Its almost like the show was based on those books. There are enough differences to keep Martin from suing for copyright infringement, but its good background reading if you like watching the show...
:rolleyes: everyone knows clash of clans is a video game
Pretty cool that HBO made a show out of it though. Much better than Tron

There were plenty of dothraki alive when they left qarth. They showed them ransacking that dudes palace and stealing all his golden birds
Re-watching the last episode, I noticed that two Dothraki lead the ex-slave to his execution.

Nice attention to detail for the show. All the 'important' Dothraki are dead and their numbers are very few after the Red Waste and slaughter in Qarth. But they are there not just in theory but in the show.

Not that you have much choice, but if you're Sansa do you trust Littlefinger or not?
Any smart person would not trust Littlefinger but I really think the real question is does Sansa or is she learning to play the game so well as to make you think she has a degree of trust in him while not really trusting him?

There were plenty of dothraki alive when they left qarth. They showed them ransacking that dudes palace and stealing all his golden birds
Re-watching the last episode, I noticed that two Dothraki lead the ex-slave to his execution.Nice attention to detail for the show. All the 'important' Dothraki are dead and their numbers are very few after the Red Waste and slaughter in Qarth. But they are there not just in theory but in the show.
Maybe from her group, but she had a falling out with some of Khal Drogo's dudes after he died, and the original huge group they were with split up.

Not that you have much choice, but if you're Sansa do you trust Littlefinger or not?
Any smart person would not trust Littlefinger but I really think the real question is does Sansa or is she learning to play the game so well as to make you think she has a degree of trust in him while not really trusting him?
Would be awesome.

It's taken a while to get here.. but this show has already set the bar very high with the deaths, and are setting up some more very nice ones.

At this point I'm in it for the "who is going to kill this person, or how is this person going to die", don't care as much who eventually wins the throne.

Sansa and Brienne had a fairly long period of eye contact without saying anything - I think Sansa knew she had to refuse Brienne's pledge in front of Littlefinger and was trying to communicate that to Brienne.

Sansa and Brienne had a fairly long period of eye contact without saying anything - I think Sansa knew she had to refuse Brienne's pledge in front of Littlefinger and was trying to communicate that to Brienne.
Yea.. this is the scene I was thinking of in particular. Wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

yea, I like the sound of that

Re-watching the last episode, I noticed that two Dothraki lead the ex-slave to his execution.Nice attention to detail for the show. All the 'important' Dothraki are dead and their numbers are very few after the Red Waste and slaughter in Qarth. But they are there not just in theory but in the show.
Maybe from her group, but she had a falling out with some of Khal Drogo's dudes after he died, and the original huge group they were with split up.
Yup, I meant the Dothraki from her group. We no longer follow any of the other Dothraki. There is no important Dothraki left from her group that followed her after Drogo died. The herd got thinned out. Very few left in number and none in her inner circle which is why we have not seen any- which I think lead to the original question of if there were any Dothraki left with her.

I think there is mistrust there. I think Sansa mistrusts everyone at this point. I don't think she has any reason to trust Brienne and I think she feels that at least at this point Littlefinger is her best survival chance.

Remember, Sansa knows nothing of Brienne or her relationship with her mother. Her only interaction was seeing Brienne at the wedding.

Don't think those were Dothraki. They were Second Sons.

Also, we're supposed to kind of forget about the White Walkers. That's really been the whole point of the series up to this point. Everyone is so caught up in their ultimately petty squabbles for power that they don't realize there is a much bigger threat.

I think there is mistrust there. I think Sansa mistrusts everyone at this point. I don't think she has any reason to trust Brienne and I think she feels that at least at this point Littlefinger is her best survival chance.Remember, Sansa knows nothing of Brienne or her relationship with her mother. Her only interaction was seeing Brienne at the wedding.
Plus she witnessed Littlefinger pushing Lysa out the Moon Door. She knows what he is capable of. There has to be mistrust, but Littlefinger also has done the best job of protecting her so far, so I think she is just along for the ride until something better presents itself. For her sake, I hope they arent heading up norh.

This is how I read that scene as well.

God these spoiler tags are killing me.
IMO if you have watched the leaked episodes you should no longer be allowed to post in this thread.
Aaaaaaaannnndddd I watch all of the leaks this weekend.I'll show myself out.
Not only are you banned from ALL GoT threads but HBO is also coming for you

According to reports, HBO is tracking down the people who watched those leaked "Game of Thrones" episodes. Though no serious legal action is being taken at the moment, the company is said to have sent "thousands of warnings" to those with Internet connections that shared the shows.
Has anyone gotten any warnings from their ISP?
I didn't torrent anything.
I will bite- how did you watch them then?

This is how I read that scene as well.
I didn't catch that but I like that idea as well.

I think there is mistrust there. I think Sansa mistrusts everyone at this point. I don't think she has any reason to trust Brienne and I think she feels that at least at this point Littlefinger is her best survival chance.Remember, Sansa knows nothing of Brienne or her relationship with her mother. Her only interaction was seeing Brienne at the wedding.
Plus she witnessed Littlefinger pushing Lysa out the Moon Door. She knows what he is capable of. There has to be mistrust, but Littlefinger also has done the best job of protecting her so far, so I think she is just along for the ride until something better presents itself. For her sake, I hope they arent heading up norh.
I think what would have made more of an impression on her would have been him kiling the fool. Killing Lysa could be interpreted by someone naive as an act of protecting her. I think the whole evolution of Sansa is really about her learning the game and now actually being a player rather than pawn. She does not have her own power right now so she is waiting to gain some. We saw that in her telling the truth or at least most of the truth when she was asked about Lysa's death.

Also, we're supposed to kind of forget about the White Walkers. That's really been the whole point of the series up to this point. Everyone is so caught up in their ultimately petty squabbles for power that they don't realize there is a much bigger threat.
Are you sure? Looked like Dothraki costumes to me.

I think what would have made more of an impression on her would have been him kiling the fool. Killing Lysa could be interpreted by someone naive as an act of protecting her. I think the whole evolution of Sansa is really about her learning the game and now actually being a player rather than pawn. She does not have her own power right now so she is waiting to gain some. We saw that in her telling the truth or at least most of the truth when she was asked about Lysa's death.
Fair point. I forgot that her taking flight was right after her threatening to do the same to Sansa.

I think the power that she would have over Littlefinger might be between her legs. Not sure if it would come to that, but it would be fantastic if she used that to marry him, get his lands/power, then off him.

Fair point. I forgot that her taking flight was right after her threatening to do the same to Sansa.

I think the power that she would have over Littlefinger might be between her legs. Not sure if it would come to that, but it would be fantastic if she used that to marry him, get his lands/power, then off him.
I think she is learning the game but I am not sure if she has learned the femmine part of the game yet but good point.

When she came down the stairs in that dress at the end of last season, looking like her mom, I took it to mean she had definitely learned the feminine part of the game.

Pretty sure. There were several scenes where they showed both the unsullied and "other guys". Her two armies at this point are Unsullied and Second Sons. The only Dothraki that followed her were the old and weak and a handful of her old bodyguard all of whom are now dead.

When she came down the stairs in that dress at the end of last season, looking like her mom, I took it to mean she had definitely learned the feminine part of the game.
Part reason why I am undecided on Littlefinger (as well as the love he had for Sansa's mother).

I know he's a self-serving ahole, maybe we reach a point where he sincerely falls for Sansa and starts to consider her ahead of himself, and then she makes her move :stirspot:

I think she is learning the game but I am not sure if she has learned the femmine part of the game yet but good point.
watching that scene in the tavern, I couldn't help but think that Sansa must have picked up a lot of how to "play the game" in all her time around Cersei. some of her behaviors must have rubbed off on Sansa, and her attitude at the tavern reminded me a lot of Cersei.

regarding her femininity, when she asked Littlefinger "does it give you courage?", I took that to mean she was asking him if he was ever going to make a move for what he really wants, and that's her goodie box. I think she knows she has him by the sack in that respect.

It should be obvious by now that Sansa is the only Stark capable of playing the game of thrones. Certainly wiser than either of her parents, and most likely than any of her siblings.

I think Sansa is the one filling out and looking awkward.
Sansa's become a hottie as time has gone on.
Disagree completely.
Can't wait to see your float in the next gay pride parade.
LINK

:lol: Just because I think she is probably going to look more like Brienne of Tarth as she gets older? Give me 1 and 3 all day.

IMO Missandei is the best looking on the show.
Jeebus Brienne is a giant gal. Still wood.

And I'm no ginger chaser, but Sansa is smokin in that pic. No question wood.

The best looking on the show was the chick from season 1 who showed khaleesi how to please her man. that was one hot ####### chick who knew how to get down. I dont even know if she's still around.

I've always thought that's where the dragons would come in most handy, Dany swoops in with the dragons who torch all of the WW's, and she saves the whole place. That's just dumb-guy speculation, not any sort of spoiler.

I've always thought that's where the dragons would come in most handy, Dany swoops in with the dragons who torch all of the WW's, and she saves the whole place. That's just dumb-guy speculation, not any sort of spoiler.
I always thought that Bran would end up mind controlling a dragon to fight the WWs.

I always thought that Bran would end up mind controlling a dragon to fight the WWs.
I think i have given up on the thought of anything substantial happening with Dany or the dragons. Same crap for about 3 seasons now.

Just watched again. Absolute certain that they are Dothraki. The clothing is Dothraki and they have the Dothraki hair braid as well.

Yep, or to fight the Lannisters/Boltons. Or the red witch's shadow army.

But why would Bran want to save anyone other than the remaining Starks from the White Walkers?

Users who are viewing this thread