What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** GAME THREAD *** New England v. Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

Who wins?

• Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think we seen a flash of the second half toward the end. The Patriots coaching staff has a good feel for what the Eagles are going to try and I think they will have completely adjusted for the 3rd quarter and cruise to victory.

GREAT game thus far..... mcCartney sounding better than Ashlees Simpsion. Who'd a thunkitVegas has NE +4.5My buddy wonders how much Michael "child####er" Jackson is profiting off McCartney's playing of the Beatles tunes.....Discuss amongst yourselves.....NOTE: Iggles fans have been pretty friendly...30% have left the bar (1 of 4 tables.. the more populated one) :shrug:

,Feb 6 2005, 08:20 PM] My buddy wonders how much Michael "child####er" Jackson is profiting off McCartney's playing of the Beatles tunes.....Discuss amongst yourselves.....
Looks like this performance might pay his attorney fees....

,Feb 6 2005, 07:20 PM] My buddy wonders how much Michael "child####er" Jackson is profiting off McCartney's playing of the Beatles tunes.....
Ironic isn't it?
more like tragic.
My thoughts as well.I'm really digging this Halftime. Might be the first time I've ever said that.Sir Paul, What's he. Like 60?

,Feb 6 2005, 07:20 PM] My buddy wonders how much Michael "child####er" Jackson is profiting off McCartney's playing of the Beatles tunes.....
Ironic isn't it?
more like tragic.
My thoughts as well.I'm really digging this Halftime. Might be the first time I've ever said that.Sir Paul, What's he. Like 60?
Hey now. Remeber<-----------------------------------------------------------????

Not a bad halftime show. He should probably give up on the dancing at his age though. Might throw out a hip or something.

Sir Paul, What's he. Like 60?
Gotta be over 60, cuz the Beattles first hit the US in 1964, and they were probably over 20 then.I heard there's this thing called the innernet tho, perhaps his true age could be looked up? :unsure:

Sir Paul (wow still sounds funny to say that) has just delivered a performance that far surpasses any half-time show in my memory. And, set a mark that few will match in the future. Of course I might be a biased fifty-something Beatles fan

Ironic isn't it?
more like tragic.
Hey now. Remeber<-----------------------------------------------------------????
Your right. Second time I said that.

I think in the last 4 years U2 and Sir Paul have shown what the half-time show can be.I hope we never see that lip-syncin cheap thrills stuff again.And just think, a secondary benefit is that we're all spared the ridiculous ####-storm the media creates about such 'incidents' afterwards...

And just think, a secondary benefit is that we're all spared the ridiculous ####-storm the media creates about such 'incidents' afterwards...
Of course, we'll hear from the media how there were no 'wardrobe malfunctions', which will be the lead story for the next week. Then, studied in depth during the Pro Bowl pregame show.

Keys to the second half:1. If the Patriots win this game, Corey Dillon probably winds up MVP. They must establish the running game. RBs played a huge part in reversing the field position and giving the Patriots their only TD. Tom Brady will NOT have enough time to throw. The tackles are either getting beat, or pressure is coming in thru unblocked way too much. Runs, screens, etc. Use the run to set up the pass.2. The Eagles may have a better chance with the pass. TO probably will make another huge play or two to get the Eagles going. It is notable that after having a few good drives, the Eagles finally bogged down on their last "real" drive of the first half (discounting the garbage time drive with 1:04 to play). The Patriots may be slowly getting this thing turned around. Eugene Wilson will not return for the Patriots DBs.3. Field position is going to be critical. Its surprising that no turnovers have led to points, but I doubt that will continue.4. Whoever loses this game will be the one who gets too pass-happy.

First play in the second half, Brady made a nice clutch throw. I think his arm was even hit as he threw but he made the completion. Now Trotter comes in and tackles Dillon for a loss of 4.

Oh my. Patriots probably were in max protect there and find a WIDE OPEN Givens for a huge play. I think the Eagles have to keep blitzing tho. Keep forcing some kind of mistakes. There was an error forced by the blitz and its 2nd and long.

I think the Eagles need to stop blitzing, the Pats are expecting it. If they fake a blitz, Brady might make a bad throw expecting pressure from a guy who is actually in coverage.

Wow they are carving up the Eagles secondary now. Holding on #93 defense, Javon Kearse. He was holding the guy who eventually made a fantastic grab for the score.

Anyone know, aside from being morons, why the pats are doing the Eagles "fly" thing when they score? Seriously, I would expect them to act like....I don't know....they'd won the Super Bowl before? Very odd.COlin

Users who are viewing this thread