What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread PL1 - Dallas V Seattle (1 Viewer)

I apologize if this was previously posted but why didn't Parcells think to allow Alexander to score the first time he touched the ball at the end of the game? Wasn't the only real chance for the Cowboys if they let him score and kick the extra point, they go up 8 with a minute left.

I mean the announcers were just pointing out that very scenario for the Seahawks prior to the botched FG.

Just saw the Witten catch again - forward progress, ball was over the one yard line, but he was dragged back so that the ball was behind the one yard marker.Two bad calls that decided the game.
Just catching up here so I'm sure someone has responded to this post already, but I had to point out that it isn't even close to being accurate.

Few observations / questions...

- Glenn play was a fumble;

- Witten did not get to the first down line;

- Don't you think that it would have been better for the Cowboys if the Seahawks had score prior to turning it on downs / or if Glenn's play was called a TD for Seattle? - the score tied - with 4minutes to go... I couldn't help myself in thinking that the Hawks should come down the field after the safety and take the lead...

- Do you think that Romo would have made it to the endzone (after butching it up on the longsnap) had Gramatica blocked Babineaux a tad more? (to the left or stopping his momentum)... I'm not putting the blame on Gramatica, far from it... but, wouldn't have been something to see Romo plunging in the endzone... just to see Seattle coming back and exploiting Roy's "coverage aptitudes" in the last minute?...

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize if this was previously posted but why didn't Parcells think to allow Alexander to score the first time he touched the ball at the end of the game? Wasn't the only real chance for the Cowboys if they let him score and kick the extra point, they go up 8 with a minute left.I mean the announcers were just pointing out that very scenario for the Seahawks prior to the botched FG.
What if Alexander knows this also and gets down at the Cowboys 5 yard line?...

It's a threesome :lmao: , and I bet Shick will go, but he'll still be gloom and doom. :yes:
It's in my nature. I'm a realist. We have no chance if we have to face the Saints. Dallas receivers only saw 13 targets today. I'll bet that would be near 30 against N.O.
You in for a game in 2008? I'll seriously plan the trip if I get to attend my first Seahawks home game with the Shick! O/U on that thread is 11 pages. :cry: Go Hawks. We beat the Saints, guaranteed.
Actually, it's tough for me to actually get to games. Lots of work to be done on Sundays dealing with the boards and writing game recaps. When I go to a game I feel like I miss so much during the day. But for you guys, I make the exception. Count me in.
I feel really weird hammering this out in front of everybody. But I am in 2008. The cornhole of the year will include, myself, Shick, Detroit..and awaiting Seabass. With that long in advance how do we chose the game? And realize in 2008 we might suck. :lmao:
IN! (For any home game in 2008.....suck or not)
In: seahawk 17, Shick, Doctor Detroit, Sea Bass, RoverWanted: Smoo...and GM

I apologize if this was previously posted but why didn't Parcells think to allow Alexander to score the first time he touched the ball at the end of the game? Wasn't the only real chance for the Cowboys if they let him score and kick the extra point, they go up 8 with a minute left.I mean the announcers were just pointing out that very scenario for the Seahawks prior to the botched FG.
Certainly not on that play. The Cowboys best chance would have been to tackle him there so that they would have gotten the ball back near midfield with 30 second or so left and still down by 1.

Certainly not on that play. The Cowboys best chance would have been to tackle him there so that they would have gotten the ball back near midfield with 30 second or so left and still down by 1.
Once he made the 1st down, wasn't it just a matter of running out the clock on downs? That is what happened after all. They burned their 2 TOs and then got it with :08.Let him score, down by 8, with 1:10 or so left.I also don't see how you can assume they would have gotten it near midfield when he was downed around the 25yl. Even after 3 kneel downs, they still get to punt to around the 30 YL of Dallas, no?

:cry:

Once he made the 1st down, wasn't it just a matter of running out the clock on downs? That is what happened after all. They burned their 2 TOs and then got it with :08.Let him score, down by 8, with 1:10 or so left.I also don't see how you can assume they would have gotten it near midfield when he was downed around the 25yl. Even after 3 kneel downs, they still get to punt to around the 30 YL of Dallas, no?
You said "the first time he touched the ball." If they'd stopped him there, they'd been at the 2 and not the 25. After that, there was no way Seattle was going to let Dallas get the ball back with any timeouts.

:cry:
All I know is when Seattle was backed up at the 3, I thought we would give up 2 also, but SA found his #####.

Now I'm patiently waiting on Parcells to quit or lose his job next week. I think the Cowboys could use a fresh face at Valley Ranch, and I honestly wouldn't mind it being Dom Capers.
:loco:I'm no friend of the Cowboys being a 'Skins fan, but that's a horrible idea. Capers specializes in turning 3-13 expansion teams into 7-9 teams. The only good thing about Capers is that he's a 3-4 defense coach.

You said "the first time he touched the ball." If they'd stopped him there, they'd been at the 2 and not the 25. After that, there was no way Seattle was going to let Dallas get the ball back with any timeouts.
You are right! I forgot about the first run. But even so, wouldn't it make sense to say...fellas, if they get the first down on us, let them keep going for the score on the play...?

Now I'm patiently waiting on Parcells to quit or lose his job next week. I think the Cowboys could use a fresh face at Valley Ranch, and I honestly wouldn't mind it being Dom Capers.
:oI'm no friend of the Cowboys being a 'Skins fan, but that's a horrible idea. Capers specializes in turning 3-13 expansion teams into 7-9 teams. The only good thing about Capers is that he's a 3-4 defense coach.
:loco:

You are right! I forgot about the first run. But even so, wouldn't it make sense to say...fellas, if they get the first down on us, let them keep going for the score on the play...?
But you're assuming that Dallas can just score 8 points automatically after scoring one offensive touchdown in the first 59 minutes and ignoring turnovers, blocked punts, TD punt returns, and Hail Marys.

But you're assuming that Dallas can just score 8 points automatically after scoring one offensive touchdown in the first 59 minutes and ignoring turnovers, blocked punts, TD punt returns, and Hail Marys.
No, I'm saying this , IMO, gave them their best chance to stay in the game. I can't recall many teams being successful with :10 from the 50YL needing a FG to win. Especially teams that have only scored 1 TD in the first :59 of the game.

It's a threesome :yes: , and I bet Shick will go, but he'll still be gloom and doom. :bye:
It's in my nature. I'm a realist. We have no chance if we have to face the Saints. Dallas receivers only saw 13 targets today. I'll bet that would be near 30 against N.O.
You in for a game in 2008? I'll seriously plan the trip if I get to attend my first Seahawks home game with the Shick! O/U on that thread is 11 pages. :loco: Go Hawks. We beat the Saints, guaranteed.
Actually, it's tough for me to actually get to games. Lots of work to be done on Sundays dealing with the boards and writing game recaps. When I go to a game I feel like I miss so much during the day. But for you guys, I make the exception. Count me in.
I feel really weird hammering this out in front of everybody. But I am in 2008. The cornhole of the year will include, myself, Shick, Detroit..and awaiting Seabass. With that long in advance how do we chose the game? And realize in 2008 we might suck. :o
In. Just back from the game. Glenn was a catch. Witten didn't get the first down. I lost $10 because I bet that Gramatica would choke on the 19 yarder. I'd rather see them play the Saints than the Bears, but I know I'm in the minority. It's just a gut feeling that the Saints have accomplished what they wanted to do this season. They don't have any playoff experience. I see them coming in ill-prepared and getting shocked at home. Bears have been down this road before.

It's a threesome :yes: , and I bet Shick will go, but he'll still be gloom and doom. :lmao:
You in for a game in 2008? I'll seriously plan the trip if I get to attend my first Seahawks home game with the Shick! O/U on that thread is 11 pages. :whistle: Go Hawks. We beat the Saints, guaranteed.
I feel really weird hammering this out in front of everybody. But I am in 2008. The cornhole of the year will include, myself, Shick, Detroit..and awaiting Seabass. With that long in advance how do we chose the game? And realize in 2008 we might suck. :banned:
Cornhole 2008..I might have to start a seperate thread.

It's a threesome :yes: , and I bet Shick will go, but he'll still be gloom and doom. :lmao:
You in for a game in 2008? I'll seriously plan the trip if I get to attend my first Seahawks home game with the Shick! O/U on that thread is 11 pages. :whistle: Go Hawks. We beat the Saints, guaranteed.
I feel really weird hammering this out in front of everybody. But I am in 2008. The cornhole of the year will include, myself, Shick, Detroit..and awaiting Seabass. With that long in advance how do we chose the game? And realize in 2008 we might suck. :banned:
Cornhole 2008..I might have to start a seperate thread.
You know proninja and britney spears would go, too.

Romo is my new favorite player in the NFL. Anyone who can drag down and embarass the Cowboys on national TV over and over is my hero.

redman said:
Marc Levin said:
Just saw the Witten catch again - forward progress, ball was over the one yard line, but he was dragged back so that the ball was behind the one yard marker.Two bad calls that decided the game.
No way. You can debate the Glenn catch, but the Witten and Romo spots were correct.
:shrug: Refs were right on with every call I saw in this game. Watched it as a football fan, since I'm not a fan of either team, only a homer would have anything to argue about either way. Every call was right.

redman said:
Marc Levin said:
No way. You can debate the Glenn catch, but the Witten and Romo spots were correct.
:shrug: Refs were right on with every call I saw in this game. Watched it as a football fan, since I'm not a fan of either team, only a homer would have anything to argue about either way. Every call was right.
We've discussed this, too. The Dallas homers are united in saying that the refs are right.

last night was a bitter, bitter pill to swallow

i was marching around my buddies proclaiming 'bring on the bears' when witten made the catch at the 1, then they overturned it to the 1 1/2 .. no problem easy kick.. then.. :goodposting: :cry: :cry: i was mocked and ridiculed for the next 2 hours while drowning my sorrow in alcohol.

what a horrible way to end the season. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last night was a bitter, bitter pill to swallowi was marching around my buddies proclaiming 'bring on the bears' when witten made the catch at the 1, then they overturned it to the 1 1/2 .. no problem easy kick.. then.. :cry: :cry: :cry: i was mocked and ridiculed for the next 2 hours while drowning my sorrow in alcohol.what a horrible way to end the season. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:goodposting: Pretty good microcosm of the season right there.

last night was a bitter, bitter pill to swallowi was marching around my buddies proclaiming 'bring on the bears' when witten made the catch at the 1, then they overturned it to the 1 1/2 .. no problem easy kick.. then.. :wall: :angry: :cry: i was mocked and ridiculed for the next 2 hours while drowning my sorrow in alcohol.what a horrible way to end the season. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yucky: Pretty good microcosm of the season right there.
Last night's rollercoaster 4th quarter (complete with the horrific derailment at the end) was a very quaint summary of the Parcells era in Dallas.Not being able to rely on a team from week to week to play steady football has made me grow to hate the free-agent, salary-cap NFL. Consistency and dynasty are gone and exchanged for every team having at least one ugly, glaring weakness that keeps them from being dependable on the whole.

i say we start fresh, bye bye T.O.. bye bye Tuna.. bring in a new coach move crayton into the #2 role and lets draft or sign some db/ol help.

Bull####. that was a catch and guys who get paid to decide such things thought so also.
Congrats Seahawks & their fans. Definitely an entertaining game. I agree the Glenn reception was a catch and that Witten probably didn't get the first down. I was a bit surprised they reversed the spot though, it was really hard to figure out precisely where the ball should be placed based solely on the replay but it sure didn't look like he made it. In any case the Cowboys made the mistakes and Seattle didn't so the 'hawks deserve the win. Good luck against the Bears this week.

I did find the highlighted quote a bit funny though, coming from a Seahawk fan... :rant:

:rant: Refs were right on with every call I saw in this game. Watched it as a football fan, since I'm not a fan of either team, only a homer would have anything to argue about either way. Every call was right.
We've discussed this, too. The Dallas homers are united in saying that the refs are right.
Agreed, overall we the calls were mostly right.I had a problem with some of bad penalties thorugh the game, other than that, this crew did a good job.Tough loss for the Cowboys, might be a good motivator for next year. Anyway, it's not like they were going to win it all this year.I am ready for a new coach. This team is not 1 year away yet.So, I see no need to bring Bill back.

Romo didn't lose this one. The phantom pass interference call and ball at the Dallas 1 yd line for Seattle won this game for them. Refs once again deciding the outcome of a game.

I guess they owed Seattle one after screwing them over in the Super Bowl though.

As a Dallas and OU fan my football season ends with me needing therapy.

Romo didn't lose this one. The phantom pass interference call and ball at the Dallas 1 yd line for Seattle won this game for them. Refs once again deciding the outcome of a game...As a Dallas and OU fan my football season ends with me needing therapy.
Make sure you address your denial issues in therapy. The first two sentences are absurd. The cowboys had a chance to win by kicking a 20 yard field goal. The refs did not cost them the game. Their failure to execute one of the most basic plays in football cost them the game.

Romo didn't lose this one. The phantom pass interference call and ball at the Dallas 1 yd line for Seattle won this game for them. Refs once again deciding the outcome of a game...As a Dallas and OU fan my football season ends with me needing therapy.
Make sure you address your denial issues in therapy. The first two sentences are absurd. The cowboys had a chance to win by kicking a 20 yard field goal. The refs did not cost them the game. Their failure to execute one of the most basic plays in football cost them the game.
Keep telling yourself that weasel. That was a BS interference call that gave Seattle the ball at the Dallas 1 that resulted in the 2 points that gave the win to Seattle. Just because the missed field goal happened last doesn't make it the reason they lost.

Users who are viewing this thread