What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W7 - San Diego V Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

As bad as it looks for SD, it's still only 7pts...lets hope SD changes the gameplan and the refs take off their green... :P
Pretty funny about the refs wearing Eagles green considering the Birds have had *more* penalties called against them. Please, stop :cry: If SD didn't commit bad penalties then the refs wouldn't have to flag them now would they.
My only problem with the ref's is the game changing PF. The hit was not late or helmet. And I'll :cry: if I want to. that call was the suck.

:bs:    bad call on  the PF... :hot:
Seems they know he is injured and they are calling some ticky tack fouls to protect him.
LOL @ Chargers fans.He got the hit in and it was close enough that there would have been no call, but they should let it go when he continues to drive McNabb backwards several yards, then picks him up and drives him into the ground?

You don't think that gets called every time?
He can't see the ball leave his hand his head was down in McNabb's chest. He just finished the tackle.
McNabb was stepping forward to throw. If "his head was down" so he couldn't see that, then it would be spearing before the rest of the "tackle" even took place. You can't lower your helmet and drive it into someone's chest. Ever heard the term see what you hit?And :lmao: @ me whining. Please.
How often do you watch football? Tackling someone with your head in their chest is not spearing. Tackling with the top of your helmet leading is spearing.Here is a nice test for you. Put your nose on your TV, lookup, and see if you can see the rear corner.
If he was leading with his face mask, then he would have been able see that McNabb was throwing the ball. I didn't say that he speared him. I think he saw that McNabb threw the ball and continued the tackle (in a flagable manner) as described earlier. McNabb was stepping into the tackler to throw. He released the ball as he was hit. If my TV were to throw a football, I'm pretty sure I could see it winding up and bringing it's arm forward from a yard away.

Nice try though! :ptts:

As bad as it looks for SD, it's still only 7pts...lets hope SD changes the gameplan and the refs take off their green... :P
Pretty funny about the refs wearing Eagles green considering the Birds have had *more* penalties called against them. Please, stop :cry: If SD didn't commit bad penalties then the refs wouldn't have to flag them now would they.
My only problem with the ref's is the game changing PF. The hit was not late or helmet. And I'll :cry: if I want to. that call was the suck.
No it wasn't late, and it wasn't helmet. It was the fact that the ball was gone, and he picked him up and drove him down into the ground.

Seems they know he is injured and they are calling some ticky tack fouls to protect him.
LOL @ Chargers fans.He got the hit in and it was close enough that there would have been no call, but they should let it go when he continues to drive McNabb backwards several yards, then picks him up and drives him into the ground?

He can't see the ball leave his hand his head was down in McNabb's chest. He just finished the tackle.
McNabb was stepping forward to throw. If "his head was down" so he couldn't see that, then it would be spearing before the rest of the "tackle" even took place. You can't lower your helmet and drive it into someone's chest. Ever heard the term see what you hit?And :lmao: @ me whining. Please.
How often do you watch football? Tackling someone with your head in their chest is not spearing. Tackling with the top of your helmet leading is spearing.Here is a nice test for you. Put your nose on your TV, lookup, and see if you can see the rear corner.
If he was leading with his face mask, then he would have been able see that McNabb was throwing the ball. I didn't say that he speared him. I think he saw that McNabb threw the ball and continued the tackle (in a flagable manner) as described earlier. McNabb was stepping into the tackler to throw. He released the ball as he was hit. If my TV were to throw a football, I'm pretty sure I could see it winding up and bringing it's arm forward from a yard away.

Your a moron.. seriously. How on earth can someone see three to four feet diagonally forward with a man's chest one inch from his eyes. This isn't rocket science here.

:pokey: You guys done yet?

:pokey: You guys done yet?
Yes? :) .

Your a moron.. seriously. How on earth can someone see three to four feet diagonally forward with a man's chest one inch from his eyes. This isn't rocket science here.
I always love this one. :lmao:

Oh well.. fast typing and watching the game leads to spelling errors.

What an ugly half of football

Both of these teams = overrated.
Was SD overrated when the pounded NE? Both teams are playing a little sloppy, but neither is overated. That goes to your skins, 0-2 vs the AFC west.
They beat a DECENT New England team. Big deal. They are about to go to 3-4. Sooner or later the excuses of "tough schedule" have to stop. SD seems like a very undisciplined team to me. And while I love LT, they aren't a tier 1 team in this league imho.

Was SD overrated when the pounded NE? Both teams are playing a little sloppy, but neither is overated. That goes to your skins, 0-2 vs the AFC west.
They beat a DECENT New England team. Big deal. They are about to go to 3-4. Sooner or later the excuses of "tough schedule" have to stop. SD seems like a very undisciplined team to me. And while I love LT, they aren't a tier 1 team in this league imho.
They need to improve their defensive secondary and I think Brees is a mediocre QB. Without LT he would look a lot worse.

Donnie Edwards is having a hell of a game. Doing just about everything and probably one of the reasons that the Chargers still have a fighting chance

NE had won 21 in a row at home, they are better then Decent.

chargers D needs a rest...this drive is crucial...hopefully shotty's half time adjustment wasnt "more of the same".

NE had won 21 in a row at home, they are better then Decent.
Every year is a NEW year. They are not elite this season.

Since you have been pimping the Skins all year long, do they go 3-4 through the first 7 games of that schedule? Nope

You be right. I is a moron. Did he spend the entire play 1 inch from McNabb's chest? I could have sworn that he was moving toward McNabb from a distance of greater than that as McNabb was throwing the ball.

I'm probably wrong though. McNabb hadn't even started to throw before he was hit. He's just SO bad-### that even after being drilled like, and as he's being driven backwards, he can decide to zip the ball downfield as he did.

Sorry to have questioned you. :rolleyes:

Looks like I got lucky by having to play against LT this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice celebration :excited:
:confused: I thought that celebration was weak the first time I seen it today.
the actual celebration sucked, but mocking TO is always :thumbup: mostly because I'm thinking hes going to try to one-up him should he get in the end zone now.
All TO would be doing is one upping his weak TD celebration. Why do you like Mocking TO? Is it because he one upped Ray Ray by doing his lame dance better than he can?

SD is only down 3. However, Marty will stick with throwing the ball and nothing more. He panics.
They are giving them the pass by stacking 9 on the line. He would be an idiot not to take it.

Westbrook must be done for the day. He's at his 16 touch limit. Two carries in the second half. What a freakin' joke.

They have had a LB covering Gates most the game. It was only a matter of time before stacking the line showed weaknesses in their secondary. I'm glad Brees started throwing accurately enough to exploit it.

SD is only down 3. However, Marty will stick with throwing the ball and nothing more. He panics.
They are giving them the pass by stacking 9 on the line. He would be an idiot not to take it.
:yes: The Cowboys and Broncos also stacked the line against the Chargers the entire game, but Brees didn't make them pay.

He's not having a great game today, either, but maybe it'll be enough. If he can have one more good drive through the air, the Eagles may drop a few guys into coverage, and then LT will get going.

maybe I spoke too soon....1st and goal from the 3....to the goal line....here comes the record

Users who are viewing this thread