What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W7 - San Diego V Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

or caldwell & brees will turn it on
If by Caldwell turning it on you mean "pushing off on the DB to create space to make the catch" then yes. The men in stripes didn't catch it, but it seemed pretty obvious to me.
Oh God... please, not the whining already. It's still the first quarter!
Who the #### is whining? I'm making an observation about the game in the game thread. Granted, those calls are missed quite frequently, but it looked like an obvious one to me. Sheppard (?) was literally right on top of him and went up to bat the ball away. Caldwell's arm goes out toward him, then all the sudden there's a full yard between the 2 guys, no deflection, and ton of room to make the catch. :shrug:

Since it's about the only decent offensive play by either team so far, I find it interesting that it could have been called back.

or caldwell & brees will turn it on
If by Caldwell turning it on you mean "pushing off on the DB to create space to make the catch" then yes. The men in stripes didn't catch it, but it seemed pretty obvious to me.
Oh God... please, not the whining already. It's still the first quarter!
Who the #### is whining? I'm making an observation about the game in the game thread. Granted, those calls are missed quite frequently, but it looked like an obvious one to me. Sheppard (?) was literally right on top of him and went up to bat the ball away. Caldwell's arm goes out toward him, then all the sudden there's a full yard between the 2 guys, no deflection, and ton of room to make the catch. :shrug:

Since it's about the only decent offensive play by either team so far, I find it interesting that it could have been called back.
Me thinks he doth protest too much.

I think the refs need to just put a glass wall around McNabb and ask everyone to keep within 5 yards so they don't have to throw the flag.

Third flag the refs have picked up in the first half. They seem a bit trigger happy.

Don't have the game. Has this been the defensive struggle it looks like on the stat sheet or just bad offensive play?
The refs seem to have taken over this game. It's really ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
:bs:   bad call on  the PF... :hot:
Seems they know he is injured and they are calling some ticky tack fouls to protect him.
LOL @ Chargers fans.He got the hit in and it was close enough that there would have been no call, but they should let it go when he continues to drive McNabb backwards several yards, then picks him up and drives him into the ground?

You don't think that gets called every time?

That was a pretty bad celebration.He's got to be more creative.Like Chad to the ESPN reporter this morning. "Befuddled...that's my new word of the day. Befuddled.":lol:

:bs:    bad call on  the PF... :hot:
Seems they know he is injured and they are calling some ticky tack fouls to protect him.
LOL @ Chargers fans.He got the hit in and it was close enough that there would have been no call, but they should let it go when he continues to drive McNabb backwards several yards, then picks him up and drives him into the ground?

Dude you were crying about a non Offensive PI. The Chargers got 2 turnovers on that last drive taken away by penalty. Laughable.

He can't see the ball leave his hand his head was down in McNabb's chest. He just finished the tackle.

Brees is terrible today. What's the deal? Does he look flustered?
He just overthrew a wide open receiver. He looks awful and the Eagles are putting it on him to beat them. He isn't getting any more pressure than McNabb is he just can't hit anyone.

When Marty's team gets down by anything, he abandons the run completely and just throws the ball. It's going to be a horrible day for Tomlinson owners.

When Marty's team gets down by anything, he abandons the run completely and just throws the ball. It's going to be a horrible day for Tomlinson owners.
As long as he throws it to McCardell. :boxing:

Lots of D so far, but this game is being dominated by the refs.They're calling roughing the passer very close on both sides, although both were penaltes.Solid defensive struggle. Philly actually owning time of possession and moving the ball. SD stuck in their own end most of the time.

If Brees continues to miss downfield, he might start checking down to LT which might help those in ppr leagues. However, that isn't ooking to good right now though either.

Any insiders know why Gates is no longer a part of the offense? Only 2 catches in the past 6 quarters of football, why did they bother paying him all that money if they weren't planning on using him? Was it just to keep Rivers company in the highly compensated under-utilized department?

He can't see the ball leave his hand his head was down in McNabb's chest. He just finished the tackle.
McNabb was stepping forward to throw. If "his head was down" so he couldn't see that, then it would be spearing before the rest of the "tackle" even took place. You can't lower your helmet and drive it into someone's chest. Ever heard the term see what you hit?And :lmao: @ me whining. Please.

I saw a few of the posts implying Westbrook is having a bad game.Are five catches and 64 yards so far a bad game?

McNabb was stepping forward to throw. If "his head was down" so he couldn't see that, then it would be spearing before the rest of the "tackle" even took place. You can't lower your helmet and drive it into someone's chest. Ever heard the term see what you hit?And :lmao: @ me whining. Please.
How often do you watch football? Tackling someone with your head in their chest is not spearing. Tackling with the top of your helmet leading is spearing.Here is a nice test for you. Put your nose on your TV, lookup, and see if you can see the rear corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an ugly half of football

Both of these teams = overrated.
Was SD overrated when the pounded NE? Both teams are playing a little sloppy, but neither is overated. That goes to your skins, 0-2 vs the AFC west.

WTF happened?

I saw the Eagles had 2nd and goal and now it's halftime and no score?!
15 left, McNabb throws a ball to a guy who had NO shot of getting out of bounds. They spike the ball with a second left but they call an obvious foul on the Eagles for not being set. Half over from the run off

As bad as it looks for SD, it's still only 7pts...lets hope SD changes the gameplan and the refs take off their green... :P
Pretty funny about the refs wearing Eagles green considering the Birds have had *more* penalties called against them. Please, stop :cry: If SD didn't commit bad penalties then the refs wouldn't have to flag them now would they.

Users who are viewing this thread