What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8 - Philadelphia V Denver (1 Viewer)

You think Owens calling McNabb soft has anything to do with his refusal to get surgery and, instead, play through all the injuries?

It's good to see that Westbrook is sitting next to McNabb on the bench."Hi, my name's Brian. I play football too."

Putzier had 2 big targets the last series. First one he got his bell rung and dropped it up the middle. Second was a bomb towards the sidelines that Dawkins almost intercepted.Great punt downed at the Eagle 2.

It's good to see that Westbrook is sitting next to McNabb on the bench.

"Hi, my name's Brian. I play football too."
I'm losing right now and still Have McGahee and Westbrook. Westy had better start touching the ball.

Another blitz.... I think they've blitzed him every down so far... They're going to rattle McNabb because he has absolutely no time at all. I'm not worried about McNabb, but more worried about the rest of this team for not picking any of these blitzes up and McNabb getting hit every play.

McNabb & Eagles O...Just brutal....not only that, they're breaking the huddle with only seconds to spare, disorganized, out of sync....yikes.

McNabb has also had about 5 seconds to run every play once they get to the LOS. Very close to delay penalties almost every down.

You think Owens calling McNabb soft has anything to do with his refusal to get surgery and, instead, play through all the injuries?
Yes, that is the entire reason. McNabb obviously craves the approval from TO and is willing to do anything to get that.

Another blitz.... I think they've blitzed him every down so far... They're going to rattle McNabb because he has absolutely no time at all. I'm not worried about McNabb, but more worried about the rest of this team for not picking any of these blitzes up and McNabb getting hit every play.
With all these blitzes, doens't someone have to be open for the Iggles? I see every blocker on a guy (including the RB and TE) so that must leave a WR open.

Yes, that is the entire reason. McNabb obviously craves the approval from TO and is willing to do anything to get that.
I'm picking up on your sarcasm. Well done, Henny Youngman.

If there is any one thing I cannot stand on this forum, is the knee-jerk reactions from some of these guys. They have 8 or 9 in the box, hitting McNabb every play, cant throw anything for more than 3 yards unless he takes a sack.... And HE looks awful? You think if he had some time to throw he'd do better? I think so. Watch the game.Last play, Westbrook goes and looks like he's going to block the guy blitzing, and runs around him for a pass route, the guy in turn pressures McNabb. You guys are giving this guy all the heat and for what? Because he can't complete a pass? Yeah he's struggling, but maybe because the Broncos wont let him get 3 seconds to pass? Maybe because they're hitting McNabb every play? And the fact that the Eagles aren't picking up anybody on the blitz?

With all these blitzes, doens't someone have to be open for the Iggles? I see every blocker on a guy (including the RB and TE) so that must leave a WR open.
Sure someone is open, if he can get the ball, drop back and have time to release it before being hit...

Lelie - nice catch and in bounds.
If it holds up under review....looked good though.That was a BEAUTIFUL job of keeping feet in bounds if its good.

Last edited by a moderator:
beginning to remind me of the Pittsburgh pasting of the Eagles last year.. Eags have struggled against the better teams this year.. they will need a whole lot more than a blocked FG TD to pull this one out. Reid has become so egotistical, he's killing the team..

This is nuts. Plummer looks like Steve Young out there - just owning the offense and taking whatever the Iggles give him.

The good thing about Andy Reid's offense, up by 21 or down by 21 the play calling doesn't have to change.

This is beautiful. However, after what happened against the Giants last week, I won't be comfortable until the clock says :00 and the Broncos have more points than the Eagles.

did you hear that sound? That was Andy Reid throwing away the three rushing plays he had scripted for this game..
:goodposting: Which is why I dont believe these people predicting the Eagles sign Shaun Alexander in the off-season.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is beautiful. However, after what happened against the Giants last week, I won't be comfortable until the clock says :00 and the Broncos have more points than the Eagles.
:goodposting: Denver has tended to shoot its wad very early and leave nothing left in the tank to finish it up.

Denver is the definition of a solid football team, and the Eagles are coming apart at the seams with no answers to hold themselves together. This game is going to get worse before it gets better. No miracle blocked kicks to save Philly today.

If there is any one thing I cannot stand on this forum, is the knee-jerk reactions from some of these guys. They have 8 or 9 in the box, hitting McNabb every play, cant throw anything for more than 3 yards unless he takes a sack.... And HE looks awful? You think if he had some time to throw he'd do better? I think so. Watch the game.

Last play, Westbrook goes and looks like he's going to block the guy blitzing, and runs around him for a pass route, the guy in turn pressures McNabb.

You guys are giving this guy all the heat and for what? Because he can't complete a pass? Yeah he's struggling, but maybe because the Broncos wont let him get 3 seconds to pass? Maybe because they're hitting McNabb every play? And the fact that the Eagles aren't picking up anybody on the blitz?
8, 9, 99 in the box, McNabb is licking balls right now and there are no excuses.

Interception by Lynch. This is complete domination right now by the Broncos. Shanahan is outcoaching the pants off of Andy Reid. And those are mighty big pants, too! :P

Users who are viewing this thread