What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8 - Philadelphia V Denver (1 Viewer)

Anyone that says that this has nothing to do with the injury is 100% wrong.1. McNabb is great at avoiding the rush, and in doing so creating plays. It is clear that he just can not do that right now.2. He can not follow through on his passes. I don't care how much pressure is on the guy, he is still quite capable of completing more than 0 out of 11 passes. Even when he has a chance, throws are not on targetHe should have gone under the knife 4 weeks ago and gotten this out of the way.

Even when Philly gets close to catching Plummer, he scrambles great and makes something big happen. Nice 20 yard escape on the last play.

Anyone that says that this has nothing to do with the injury is 100% wrong.

1. McNabb is great at avoiding the rush, and in doing so creating plays. It is clear that he just can not do that right now.

2. He can not follow through on his passes. I don't care how much pressure is on the guy, he is still quite capable of completing more than 0 out of 11 passes.

Even when he has a chance, throws are not on target

He should have gone under the knife 4 weeks ago and gotten this out of the way.
I agree, but that still doesn't explain the Broncos offense going through the Eagles defense like a hot kinfe threw butter.

Hmmm let me see. When McNabb is on top of his game, everybody loves him. But when he has a bad day, the trash talking never ends. You guys are terribly two faced.

If there is any one thing I cannot stand on this forum, is the knee-jerk reactions from some of these guys. They have 8 or 9 in the box, hitting McNabb every play, cant throw anything for more than 3 yards unless he takes a sack.... And HE looks awful? You think if he had some time to throw he'd do better? I think so. Watch the game.

Last play, Westbrook goes and looks like he's going to block the guy blitzing, and runs around him for a pass route, the guy in turn pressures McNabb.

You guys are giving this guy all the heat and for what? Because he can't complete a pass? Yeah he's struggling, but maybe because the Broncos wont let him get 3 seconds to pass? Maybe because they're hitting McNabb every play? And the fact that the Eagles aren't picking up anybody on the blitz?
8, 9, 99 in the box, McNabb is licking balls right now and there are no excuses.
You ever play football before? I'm assuming you're one of the computer nerds who reads about it, and played it on Nintendo as a kid, but never actually did. If you did, I would expect a little more common sense.

Wow! What a catch in the back of the endzone. Steve Alexander looking like Cris Carter on that one hander.

LOL. They hold the best offensive player in the NFL to like 0 yards last week and now the old man is ripping them up. Way to go Philly. They are going to Mike Bell you all day long and your D line will drop from exhaustion.

1. McNabb is great at avoiding the rush, and in doing so creating plays. It is clear that he just can not do that right now.

2. He can not follow through on his passes. I don't care how much pressure is on the guy, he is still quite capable of completing more than 0 out of 11 passes.

I agree, but that still doesn't explain the Broncos offense going through the Eagles defense like a hot kinfe threw butter.
Do 3 three and outs and a turnover on the 1st set of downs on the 4th possesion help explain it?

Hmmm let me see. When McNabb is on top of his game, everybody loves him. But when he has a bad day, the trash talking never ends. You guys are terribly two faced.
I'm sure McNabb will be happy to know you got his back. Dude, chill out: this is a fantasy football forum and McNabb's/eagles/Reids/T.O.'s/Westbrook's terrible day WILL be bashed by frustrated fantasy football owners, like it or not. If you're too sensitive for it, maybe you should take a break for a bit?

This is so bad I don't even care anymore. Please just let Westbrook gets me some points. 10 points would be nice PLEASE football gods! :bow:

Who is? I have not said a bad word about McNabb in this thread (or any other, that I recall). In all fairness, not many quarterback's would be doing very well with the way the Broncos defense is playing.

This could be a very interesting second half for Anderson and Bell owners. I'm guessing Denver is going to be the anti-eagles come 3rd quarter and we see 30 rushes with no passes. Show Philly how its done.

Shell-shocked on the Iggles sideline.This has been a tough day for football on TV. I get this blowout or the Chargers destroying the Chefs. Earlier, I got to enjoy the Vikes/Panthers "contest".

Do 3 three and outs and a turnover on the 1st set of downs on the 4th possesion help explain it?
Not really. Is Philly's defense capable of making a stop? Denver has scored touchdowns on 4 out of 6 drives. Philly's offense is being shut down by Denver's 'D', but the Eagles defense is equally pathetic today.

I agree, I am not watching the game so take this for what it is worth. Sometimes a defense needs a breather or two before going back on the field, with Philly not running the ball so no time is going off the clock.Hey McNabb got his first completion.

And here is a another problem and it happens every week with the Eagles.There is no reason to even have a guy on the pattern, let alone throw to it, on a 3rd and 5 when you need to sustain a drive. Its just plain stupid.

Not really. Is Philly's defense capable of making a stop? Denver has scored touchdowns on 4 out of 6 drives. Philly's offense is being shut down by Denver's 'D', but the Eagles defense is equally pathetic today.
Trust me, it does. You just don't grasp the concept.

Bad day? Try bad year.
#3 in passing yards per game, #2 in TDs per game, 10th in INTs....Hate to see a good year...

I'm an Eagles fan, but McNabb is costing me my fantasy football day along with Shotty's decision not to use LT other than trick plays today. Ried needs to pull his head out and run early on before the defense puts them behind by 4 TDs, but that's just my opinion and he makes a lot more money than I do.

What's wrong with McNabb?  Is he just off?  Is it the injury?
Denver is giving him NO time to do anything. And when he does get time, he is not making any plays...throws looking horrible.
Blitzed left and right, couldnt pick up the blitzes and was hit almost every play. Now he's officially rattled. Only a matter of time. :(

What are the odds all of the ESPN shows the next day or so spend more time talking about McNabb being hurt than how good the Broncos have looked today?

Users who are viewing this thread