What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W9 - New England v. Indianapolis (1 Viewer)

The thing I'm always amazed at when I look at an updated playoff picture is how punishing a loss is by the top seeds. You see clubs go from a bye to wild card road warriors all the time. And once lost, it can be very hard to claw your way back.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is why you paid the big $$$ for this kicker..

cold weather night game

chance to ICE the game

against your biggest rival....

Here's the NFL playoff picture if the Colts lead holds up and they win.

1. Colts 8-0 (bye)

2. Broncos 6-2 (bye)

3. Ravens 6-2

4. Patriots 6-2

5. Chargers 6-2

6. Jaguars 5-3

OUT: Chiefs 5-3

*Broncos (5-1) have a better record in common games than the Chargers (3-2) and thus win AFC West.

**Broncos (6-1) have a better AFC record than the Patriots (5-2) or Ravens (4-1) and thus win #2 seed.

***Ravens (4-1) have a better AFC record than the Patriots (5-2) and thus win #3 seed.

****Jaguars (3-2) have a better AFC record than the Chiefs (1-3) and thus win #6 seed.

AFC Wild Card Matchups:

#6 Jaguars @ #3 Ravens

#5 Chargers @ #4 Patriots

How would you handicap those matchups?
Way ahead of yourself. Denver and SD have to play each other twice and KC another time. The Patriots have no competition within their division and only have 2 truly tough games left (Bears and Jaguars).I thought Baltimore had tough schedule with their division but Pittsburgh has really gone in the tank and there is something wrong with Cincy. I would expect the Pats or Baltimore to get the #2 seed unless either Denver or SD sweeps the other.

BTW, if it did end up SD at NE, the Pats do not match up well with SD. Unless it was snowing, that would be a very tough game for the Pats.
Relax. This isn't a prediction of anything. Its just fun to discuss.
And I did discuss. I didnt just shoot down your notion. You relax.
Well you didn't discuss the given scenario at all, you just dismissed it...

Is it just me or did the Patriots just waste their last timeout?

2:35 left, don't call a timeout and the Colts will run one play before the two minute warning.

Instead they call a timeout and the Colts run... one play before the two minute warning.

Well done Colts. A lot of us thought that NE would run all over you but they were able to force the Pats to throw it a lot more. The T.O. killed us.

Here we go...last undefeated team. Are they going to collapse again?

Bill, should have worn the hobo hoodie instead!

This reminds me of one of the Colts-Patriots AFC title games a couple years back. I remember seeing Brady make a lot of poor passes. He threw like 4 INTs, but the Colts simply dropped every single one of them. Meanwhile, the Patriots' defense would come up with these miracle leaping one-handed picks of Manning.

This game is like the reverse. Brady didn't throw a pick there, it just bounced off Faulk's hands and the Colts caught the rebound.

I still would like new stat that tracks INTs dropped.

edit to add: I seem to remember the Colts did catch one INT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another day at the office for Manning. They won at denver then at NE the very next week? Maybe they are good?

I know the Pats had a lot of other errors in this game but the first interception of the night by Brady when they were marching all over Indy set the tone for the game. Indy taking the lead made NE play from behind the whole game and even though the Pats were never more than 10 points behind it seemed like the NE O-Coordinator thought they were behind by 17 the whole night.

Another day at the office for Manning. They won at denver then at NE the very next week? Maybe they are good?
yea, that's extremely impressive.
They are very good but rightly or wrongly Manning will have to prove himself in the playoffs and take his team to a Super Bowl. He doesnt have to win a SB to get the respect he deserves but he at least has to get there.

Rather sloppy but never boring. Then again I am a Pats fan. Edge of my seat most of the night because Indy kept us at bay the whole night. Always 1 big play from tying it up.

I'm not sure how a non Pats/Colts fan would perceive the game.

Was it just me or did that game seem kind of boring?
Yes because the patriots lost.*sigh*Cut Kevin Faulk. And by cut Kevin Faulk I mean lacerate him so he can never play another meaningful NFL game -_-Brady was ready to win the tie the game on that drive. Faulk clearly was not ready.

Was it just me or did that game seem kind of boring?
It might be that the Manning-Brady story to many is that Manning may beat Brady in the regular season but Brady wins the playoff matchups. This outcome doesn't advance that storyline, so its rather ho-hum.

Wow, 4 picks.
four picks in the stats, bur really 2 picks. They really need to change the way INT's are counted. That last one is on Faulk. The other is just a fluke. on a tipped pass at the line. All are still INT's, but 2 are not on Brady. The first 2, completely moreonic.

Users who are viewing this thread