What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Pierre Thomas Now (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation said:
Krilons Resa said:
Would you guys rather have Pierre Thomas over Woodhead for ROS?
IF the Saints have finally given up on the lengthy, ill-fated Ingram experiment, Thomas.... without a doubt.
Even if they do quit letting Ingram stink up the field, Cadet/Robinson will just take over a fair chunk of Ingram's snaps/touches. It's a pipe dream thinking PT will take even the majority of Ingram's touches. I thought this was basically a consensus POV

Raider Nation said:
Krilons Resa said:
IF the Saints have finally given up on the lengthy, ill-fated Ingram experiment, Thomas.... without a doubt.
Even if they do quit letting Ingram stink up the field, Cadet/Robinson will just take over a fair chunk of Ingram's snaps/touches. It's a pipe dream thinking PT will take even the majority of Ingram's touches. I thought this was basically a consensus POV
I would disagree with this. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

PT is a great all-around-player that's just been plagued with very little snaps by injuries :(
ftfy

Seriously, there's a reason he's averaged 138 touches a year since entering the NFL. It's not like NO is holding back their secret weapon, waiting for the opportune time to unleash him; PT is 29. He's undoubtedly talented, and in an effort to keep him healthy (so they can utilize that talent) NO purposely scales back his workload. Between 2010-2012 he saw the IR twice and in general seems to be chronically nicked up/nursing something.

When helathy, PT can push for flex value but hoping for anything more is silly. The talent is undeniable but is his history paints a pretty obvious picture.

Would you guys start PT or Richardson in PPR this week? Sorry, I know wrong place...but is this a great example of when to use PT this week over someone?

w/ ingram out are people hopping on the lucky pierre train? have to assume he gets the GL carries, no?

Per Rotoworld:

Report: M. Ingram may ask out of New Orleans
6471.jpg

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports league sources believe Mark Ingram may soon ask the Saints for a trade.
Ingram's role in the Saints' backfield is "nebulous," and the Saints have five tailbacks on their current 53-man roster. They could move forward with impressive UDFA Khiry Robinson behind Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas. An Ingram trade could work to everyone's benefit. He could have more fantasy value in a different offense, and his departure from the Nola would help Thomas.
Source: CBS Sports
Sep 22 - 12:15 PM

(Rotoworld)Khiry Robinson rushed four times for 38 yards in Sunday's Week 3 win over the Cardinals.

Analysis: Robinson, an undrafted rookie out of West Texas A&M, got his chances with the Saints up 31-7 deep in the fourth quarter. He took advantage of it in a big way, drawing "oohs" from the crowd as he burst through holes. This is not a fluke -- Robinson rushed 49 times for 229 yards and caught 11 passes for 103 yards in the preseason. He's a name to watch if Mark Ingram gets traded.

I would disagree with this. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Interesting info Evan Silva wrote in his weekly game match-up analysis about Thomas:

"With Mark Ingram (toe) not expected to play Monday, Thomas is squarely in the flex mix. Thomas racked up 17 touches in last Sunday's win over Arizona, his highest touch total in any game since December of 2010. I noticed Thomas' Week 4 pricetag on FanDuel is only $5,400, 37th among running backs. He's a nice, cheap gamble in daily leagues."

17 touches is pretty darn good for the cruiser if this trend continues with Ingram being phased out? And/or hurt with the toe injury.

What does everyone make of this? Is Thomas in the #2 RB conversation in PPR now if he continues to get 17 touches a game Do we expect for this to continue? Not sure if I want to move him in a trade or not now. What's his current value?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's firmly in that lower RB #2 upper RB #3 area in PPR. Great flex guy here in bye weeks. He'll surprise and disappoint depending on the week. But I think his floor is up some - again, in PPR.

Value-wise I think he's worth a good #2QB, weekly startable WR in the same flex type range. People will value him in a wide range.

i traded Pierre Thomas for Decker last week, by definition making Pierre an excellent draft pick

I think he's firmly in that lower RB #2 upper RB #3 area in PPR. Great flex guy here in bye weeks. He'll surprise and disappoint depending on the week. But I think his floor is up some - again, in PPR.

Value-wise I think he's worth a good #2QB, weekly startable WR in the same flex type range. People will value him in a wide range.
I'm looking to acquire a TE for him. Value wise is he on par with a Finley, Gonzo tier type in PPR? Just trying to get a value fix on this guy thanks.

Geez, he isn't getting GL duties, he doesn't grind the clock down when they are up big because that is Robinson's job and he doesn't get receptions cause that's sproles job.

Basically to good to dump and to lame to start.

I'm looking to acquire a TE for him. Value wise is he on par with a Finley, Gonzo tier type in PPR? Just trying to get a value fix on this guy thanks.
I think you're looking closer to the Brandon Myers or Heath Miller tier now

Geez, he isn't getting GL duties, he doesn't grind the clock down when they are up big because that is Robinson's job and he doesn't get receptions cause that's sproles job.

WRONG

The Saints obviously have zero confidence in this guy. I'm out.

played both sproles and PT,

WRONG

The guy caught 5 balls, this guys is a veteran, that the team is protecting when they have a lead, look at Saint RBs over the past 10 years, and you will find that they have a hard time staying healthy for what ever reason, now add the fact that they are going to do well this season, and you protect your players.

PT is nothing else but a hand cuff to Sproles, and an ocational flex play, that is it. But the team has not lost confidence in the guy after just one bad rushing game, besides toight he just had 4 carries, that is just not enough to make a judgement on him.

Just review his YPC for his career, and this season, he has 2 good games and 2 bad games.

played both sproles and PT,

WRONG

The guy caught 5 balls, this guys is a veteran, that the team is protecting when they have a lead, look at Saint RBs over the past 10 years, and you will find that they have a hard time staying healthy for what ever reason, now add the fact that they are going to do well this season, and you protect your players.

PT is nothing else but a hand cuff to Sproles, and an ocational flex play, that is it. But the team has not lost confidence in the guy after just one bad rushing game, besides toight he just had 4 carries, that is just not enough to make a judgement on him.

Just review his YPC for his career, and this season, he has 2 good games and 2 bad games.
Did you see that camera shot of PT on the sideline? It was pretty much like this

:shrug: I have no idea why I'm on the sideline and Robinson is in the game

I think you're looking closer to the Brandon Myers or Heath Miller tier now
No way would I let Heath go for PT.

i'm one of the biggest PT supporters out there, his usage is game dependent. I think that he is more valuable in real football than fantasy. In a way, the NO backfield is similar to DEN in that they want to give reps to the Newbs during blowouts. Totally makes sense from a player development point, but kills most of the value for Moreno and PT. I almost welcome a tough game because I know he'll get more snaps because Brees/Payton can trust him to do the things that help them to win.

that and their OL could not get much room to run in the first three quarters.

PPR:

Going to be starting Pierre at flex. Obviously carries some risk only getting 38 total yards (and 4 carries) last week vs. the Phins.

Several years ago since he's been back to hometown Chicago, but Pierre has had arguably the 2 best games of his career at Soldier Field. (Both done w/o Sproles and his upside is capped due to his presence, but I feel he'll be a sneaky start this week)

And coincidentally enough, these are the only 2 career games he's had 20 carries or more and represent the 2 highest total yardage games of his career....

2007-12-30 23-012 NOR @ CHI 20 105 and 12-121-1

2008-12-11 23-359 NOR @ CHI 22 87-1 and 7 59-1

Bears also w/o Pro Bowler DT Henry Melton and gave up 139 rushing last week to Reggie Bush in their first full contest w/o him.

I have no problem w/ starting PT as a "what the heck" flex, but what he did against Chicago 5 & 6 years ago has less than zero relevance, so I don't understand why it's brought up

there are exactly 3 active Saints that are still with the team from those days. Not sure about Chicago but we are talking about two very different teams. Pierre didn't have to share carries with Sproles and wasnt Bush hurt at the time?

Bush was out for the season prior to the 2007 game. Went 6-30, 2-16 in the 2008 game, then missed the rest of the season, so probably got hurt in that game.

Users who are viewing this thread