What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getcha passports ready - the middle-aged dummies are going to the British Isles! Top 31 song countdown. (1 Viewer)

We had so much fun in the Favorite 31 Songs by US Artists thread, that we middle-aged (or so) dummies are packing our bags and leaving on a jet plane.*

*Not chosen in the US countdown.
Yes it was!

I'm in, obviously.

Made my list last night. Just have to finish the vetting.
No one reads my posts. (Except Pip.) I chose it in Round 21.

And we are on the family plan, too.

IN!

Make it one song per artist you cowards.

I'm already up to 26 artists.

ETA - I don't have the patience to vet my own picks. But I'm willing to pay somebody with a bottle of whiskey if they want to do it for me.

I vetted all the ******* picks in the last one, 90% of which lists contained at least one ineligible, and I didn't get squat.

I've started putting some ineligibles in post #3, but have more to add based on help from several other people. Just getting several in there to start.

New rule, in addition to formatting: if you send me a list with an artist that is ineligible for reasons already listed in post #3, you get a warning. If you have a second artist that you didn't vet using the minimal effort involved in looking at that list, you start to lose picks. This shouldn't be that hard for people. Ineligible artists that aren't in post #3 when the list is submitted won't incur a penalty. [Edit to clarify I'm joking about the penalty. But please double-check your lists vs. post #3 before submitting.]

Also, post #3 is representative but not exhaustive. It is possible that an artist might have additional ineligible members that I haven't listed. Do your research.

Last edited:
I may sit this one out.

On a completely unrelated note: is there a British Isles version of Billy Joel?

As I mentioned me and my “idiots” are doing this same exercise in our text chain starting January 1. I can submit my list to krista for this - but in order not to hold anything up for us - on January 16th I can post their corresponding songs they chose in this thread as we go along - they just won’t be counted in the overall statistics for the group but we give Chap a forum to redeem himself and get more music in here.

Last edited:
One band that might be seen as ineligible, but really is eligible is Culture Club. Bassist Mikey Craig was often said to be Jamaican in the press — but he was born in London.

Krista will be proud of me - I wanted to include a Mary Poppins - Julie Andrews song but they were all written by the Sherman Brothers so they aren’t eligible. Right?

Dire Straits – releases with Hal Lindes or Jack Sonni (both US)
Songs from these albums are eligible

Songs from these albums are not eligible

Jack Sonni was never an official member - he’s listed as “an additional musician” on Brothers In Arms.
Hal Lindes was an official member on Love Over Gold. He was also great on Barney Miller.

Krista will be proud of me - I wanted to include a Mary Poppins - Julie Andrews song but they were all written by the Sherman Brothers so they aren’t eligible. Right?
Songwriters don’t matter. It’s the performers.

Thanks! If we have no clue who played this instruments then do we get to assume they are good? I’ll try to find out.
If it’s a solo artist (Julie Andrews) it doesn’t matter who the session musicians were.

Users who are viewing this thread