What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gibril Wilson signs 1 year deal with Bengals (1 Viewer)

Glaven

Footballguy
Client Gibril Wilson has agreed to terms on a 1 year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals.
According to Gibril Wilson's agent, Gibril has signed a 1 year deal with the Bengals. What does this mean for Gibril Wilson, Roy Williams, Chris Crocker, and Nedu Ndukwe as far as fantasy IDP is concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to assume he can win the SS job there, but it seems kind of like an odd place for him to sign though.

Excellent guy to target... with your 23rd pick of your 24 man roster.

Never reach for a DB. Way too unpredictable. Get him late and be happy. Chinedum Ndukwe owners, so sorry (unless he slides to FS).

I have to assume he can win the SS job there, but it seems kind of like an odd place for him to sign though.
yeah I agree, I could be wrong but I thought the Bengals were pretty happy with Roy Williams last year. I'd love to hear John and Jene's thought's here being Bengals fans. Wilson has the same liabilities that Williams has in his game....probably to a lesser extent so hopefully he can win the SS job and the Bengals use him by playing to his strengths....which would be in the box. But that doesn't fill me with confidence because it feels like Ndukwe has been wasted over the last few seasons.....In Zimmer we trust say Wilson owners!!

I am a huge believer in Gibril Wilson at SS, particularly in the 4-3 alignment.As a Steeler fan, I think this is a tremendous low risk signing by the Bengals.
:goodposting: I'm a Phinsfan and Wilson became the scapegoat for last season. He missed 9 tackles all season. That's a good amount but it's nowhere near as bad as say Piscatelli from Tampa Bay who missed over 20 or something close to it. Wilson suffered on a team void of many stars on defense and I also think the 3-4 is not his scheme. Cinci got a good deal and this guy is gonna make them a better unit.

yeah I agree, I could be wrong but I thought the Bengals were pretty happy with Roy Williams last year. I'd love to hear John and Jene's thought's here being Bengals fans. Wilson has the same liabilities that Williams has in his game....probably to a lesser extent so hopefully he can win the SS job and the Bengals use him by playing to his strengths....which would be in the box. But that doesn't fill me with confidence because it feels like Ndukwe has been wasted over the last few seasons.....In Zimmer we trust say Wilson owners!!
It definitely complicates things for all 3 guys (Williams, Ndukwe, Wilson). Crocker is basically out of the mix at safety at this point.I agree with you that RWilliams was pretty solid last year when healthy. I wish I could give you a stronger opinion, but its pretty clearly 3 guys for 2 spots here and its probably anybody's guess for the starters. If I had to throw out my own, I would say that RWilliams will lose a lot of PT to this signing if all 3 stay healthy.

I have no idea how this shakes out.

The Bengals like safeties that don't make mistakes in their run fits or coverage that lead to big plays. That's why Ndukwe has yet to have the trust of the current coaches -- and it's why Wilson has bounced around the league for the past few seasons. However, Mike Zimmer has formed a pretty good defense around these cast-off guys in the past two years and has found a way to use many of them in ways that mask their weaknesses.

But Roy Williams has been better than expected in the box and Crocker hasn't been bad in coverage when healthy. I think Wilson could potentially play either position, and I would agree that Crocker's job is probably more up for grabs. I'll be interested to hear and see what happens in OTAs next week.

The Bengals had their first OTA workout yesterday. Chris Crocker didn't practice (still recovering from an ankle surgery). Chinedum Ndukwe took Crocker's snaps at FS, Gibril Wilson practiced behind Roy Williams at SS. Wilson went out of his way to tell reporters that he's back at SS and happy to be in such a good opportunity. That seemed to be more of a shot at his usage in Miami than a indication that he expects to move into the lineup in Cincinnati. It's early yet, but that's the first day breakdown.

everyone should get Nudukwe because I have held on to him for 3 years and I will be cutting him soon!!! I know as soon as I cut he will be put at SS and finish the year with 130 tackles, damn the FF Gods!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread