What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Give me a late year stud out of the clouds (1 Viewer)

I didn't really think this was in question. Didn't McKinnon have 17 or 18 carries against a very stout D? Seems like he's going to be the man with Asiatta coming in for short yardage/TD vulture. 
16 carries for 45 yards makes me feel better about Hillman not worse but that was vs Carolina He should have an easier time this week but I'm still holding Hillman

16 carries for 45 yards makes me feel better about Hillman not worse but that was vs Carolina He should have an easier time this week but I'm still holding Hillman
I am a Vikings fan and HC Mike Zimmer has been asked about Hillman twice in press conferences. Both times Zimmer seems kind of annoyed with the question and acts like he barely knows Hillman in on his team right now.

I am a Vikings fan and HC Mike Zimmer has been asked about Hillman twice in press conferences. Both times Zimmer seems kind of annoyed with the question and acts like he barely knows Hillman in on his team right now.
Another 16 for 45 and everyone will annoy him but I agree its McKinnons job to lose

Some rb is going to be good in Minn it might be McKinnon but hes not available in my leagues. If he stumbles Hillman has been OK in a lead role b4 Hes a definite maybe

It might be helpful if people state the 'because' behind the player name.

What will change in these players' situations such that they are doing something later that they are not doing now? Why will that happen? If we treat this board line traditional crowdsourcing we might actually arrive at the correct solution.

Dwayne Washington for RB

T. Williams - wr 

An injury near week 10 that will make a backup RB a starter 

90% of the names listed so far are already rostered in most 12 team leagues with normal benches

I'm curious if there are any examples from last year of guys nobody had heard of week 3/4 and became startable by fantasy playoffs?  Shark west/ware come to mind off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that like most Patriot RBs you will never know which weeks to play him
True, but I was sticking with the forum, meaning a out of nowhere possibility.  That being said, a couple things still have to happen.  Dion Lewis has to not come back, or come back less than healthy.  If that happens though, I think Foster has a shot.  He will fit better for Brady.  Blount has worked well because of game script for the mix/match QB options BB has played.  Foster fits well for Brady because he is a better runner between the tackles then Lewis and a more explosive pass catcher than what White is.  I think this gives Brady more versatility over Blount to be able to change plays at the line of scrimmage.  Same way Lewis came out early last season so strong.

Another 16 for 45 and everyone will annoy him but I agree its McKinnons job to lose

Some rb is going to be good in Minn it might be McKinnon but hes not available in my leagues. If he stumbles Hillman has been OK in a lead role b4 Hes a definite maybe
That is why the reporters are asking, because the run game has been MIA all year thus far.

Just telling it like I see it. Zimmer doesn't seem interested or impressed with Hillman at all thus far.

Couple mentioned of Dion Lewis... has there been any update on his injury progression?
there was just a blurb about him being spotted walking around normally in the locker room today.  he's occupying my IR spot in both leagues right now

T. Williams is available in my league, I think I'm going to wait another 30 to 60 days before I cut Josh Gordon from my dynasty team

90% of the names listed so far are already rostered in most 12 team leagues with normal benches

I'm curious if there are any examples from last year of guys nobody had heard of week 3/4 and became startable by fantasy playoffs?  Shark west/ware come to mind off the top of my head.

Kenneth Farrow -  Will take an injury to Melvin Gordon.

Mike Gillislee - Is another one, but people know his situation. He needs an injury to McCoy.

TZM

I picked up Kendall Wright the other night.

In a dynasty league would you hang on to Gordon for the next two months to see how things play out before you dump him?
Depends on what's available. 

I was about to say k wright, I've been on board for a few years now but he's struggled. 

Diggs. I don't know if there's anyone no one really knows but he was under the radar.

Carolina is not a cakewalk. i think your takeaway is that he clearly led the team in carries, despite the bizarre designation of Asiatta as the "starter" just prior to the game. 

I'm gonna throw Ricardo Louis in the mix since I play a 14 team dynasty with large rosters and there is slim pickings on waivers. 

The epitome of "out of the clouds". Or maybe out in left field, but there is no guarantee that Coleman is ready in 3-6 weeks as anticipated.  Pryor will draw top corner.  Someone has to be the beneficiary and I don't see it being Hawkins.   Just a dart throw but you could do worse.  

Yes. He could come back week 11. If your league has an IR spot he's a potential stud when/if healthy
I dropped him, but set a reminder to check his status later in the year. Def could be a game changer, and I cannot image any format other than dynasty where he's a hold for 8 weeks after just being a doorstop for the 1st 4. 

Watkins is worthless this year.  Hurt for too long and on an offense that won't allow him to put up points consistently.

Watkins is worthless this year.  Hurt for too long and on an offense that won't allow him to put up points consistently.
Worthless? If he's only taking up an IR slot I don't see how he's worthless. IIRC he hasn't played a single snap with the new OC which seemed to be trending in a more simple offense.

Worthless? If he's only taking up an IR slot I don't see how he's worthless. IIRC he hasn't played a single snap with the new OC which seemed to be trending in a more simple offense.
I'd rather grab another injured player and put on IR than Watkins right now.  I think he's good but just on a bad team.

Jalin Marshall. He's hurt now but could be in for an increased workload down the stretch if Decker's shoulder needs surgery. He's a talent and was seeing some time as the WR4 during the first three weeks.
I rather have Robbie Anderson

I'd rather grab another injured player and put on IR than Watkins right now.  I think he's good but just on a bad team.
Who? Genuinely curious, not trying to call you out.

He's always played for the bad news Bills and it's never mattered. Bills also looked significantly better last week than they had weeks 1-2.

I think DJ has not been active because of game plan.  Everyone knew, or should have known it would be a steady diet of Blount the first 4 weeks.  When DJ played in week 4 of preseason, he was VERY impressive...especially in pass protection.  If you have room on your roster, scoop him up and see how everything plays out once Brady is back.  Remember last year?  Dion Lewis was not on any ones radar.  On a side note, if you can sell high on Blount, now is the time to do it!
DJ Foster was active in week 2. He caught the first pass of the game (for like 2 yards). Then he had a run for 6-7 yards.  I thought he was going to go off in that game, but didn't have another touch again. Not sure why.

Other potential guys: Collins (SEA) and Williams (Buf) if injuries

Yes. He could come back week 11. If your league has an IR spot he's a potential stud when/if healthy
Technically, he couldn't play until Week 12.  I personally am not in any leagues with IR spots and am only in leagues with limited roster spots.

Who? Genuinely curious, not trying to call you out.

He's always played for the bad news Bills and it's never mattered. Bills also looked significantly better last week than they had weeks 1-2.
Corey Coleman, Dion Lewis, Arian Foster, Jeremy Langford and Thomas Rawls come to mind.  I realize that they may not all be available but Rawls, Coleman and Langford are all available in mine.  I know I'd much rather have Coleman than Watkins this year.

Corey Coleman, Dion Lewis, Arian Foster, Jeremy Langford and Thomas Rawls come to mind.  I realize that they may not all be available but Rawls, Coleman and Langford are all available in mine.  I know I'd much rather have Coleman than Watkins this year.
All of those guys are rostered in all of my leagues, BUT I would certainly holster them if they were available.

Hogan

- The guy is a hair faster than Edeleman with basically the same burst and agility but 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier. Did you also know he did 28 reps on the bench press? He can play outside and inside. 

- Showed rapport with Brady in the preseason.

- Edeleman and Amendola both notoriously can't stay healthy. 

- Pats routinely average 29-30 ppg every season and had a stretch of 3 seasons where they averaged 34 ppg back when they had lots of weapons like they appear to have now. 

- 5th on the team in snap % behind only 3 offensive lineman and Bennett.

No mention of Eli Rogers yet? The WR2 position is ripe for the taking with Markus Wheaton really stinking it up in his return. Sammie Coates' drops are an issue, too. Eli looks like the second coming of Antonio Brown and may secure the #2 WR spot on a high scoring team.

Arent we due for D. Murray to pull up lame in one of these games any day now? When he does , watchout for Derrick Henry.

Good call but I'm higher on fellow Jets WR Robby Anderson.  The guy ran a 4.36 and is 6'3".  He had academic issues at Temple but go back and look at his tape (and his stats), he is an incredible talent and currently running as the Jets WR3 with Decker and Marshall both out.  Anderson may be one of those "can't put the genie back in the bottle" type of players.
I like Anderson, watched both the whole preseason, but Marshall was already ahead of him and just looks like a future star. Anderson will get his opportunity now though.

No mention of Eli Rogers yet? The WR2 position is ripe for the taking with Markus Wheaton really stinking it up in his return. Sammie Coates' drops are an issue, too. Eli looks like the second coming of Antonio Brown and may secure the #2 WR spot on a high scoring team.
:shrug:

Turf toe tends to linger.

Looked great week 1.

3-41 in the 2 games since.

Perhaps but odds are stacked against him right now. Turf toe. Not something you want. Particularly him that relies on getting out of breaks quickly. He's looking at a multi-week absence. He's unquestionably their best slot receiver IMO when healthy but he hasn't stood out enough (nor has enough track record) to be guaranteed the role when he returns. 

Really just depends on roster size whether to stash or not. I think it'd take an Antonio injury to make him relevant at this point with the injury. He's a guy that needs the reps.

Brice Butler

6'4 220, 4.37 forty, 6.7 3 cone, 39" vert

Dak loves him.

He can start for you this weekend.

He's already getting his shot now, but Hunter Henry. Talent + Opportunity + lack of WR weapon talent + System. I think his price is still low because Gates expected return. We've seen the cliff comes quick with these old vets. Gates did not look good Weeks 1-2. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion Gates plays heavy compliment of snaps when he returns. Perhaps use as a short yardage/goalline option. I think Henry's got a shot to put a stamp on a huge role ROS this week.

Wouldn't be a surprise to me if Henry outscored Gates this season.

Users who are viewing this thread