What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Give me a late year stud out of the clouds (1 Viewer)

And? Was he suited up? Cuttting? Doing drills? No - he was walking around, allegedly. Not sure what this proves. 

Rob Gronkowski was active and starting last week - remind me, how many fantasy points did he put up in his 3 snaps of game action? 

:rolleyes:

Clearly you're not familiar with the patriots & injuries. Bears & Pats = worst when it comes to "gamesmanship" (professional bullsh!tting) 
Wow, you ok buddy?  You need a glass of water?  Settle down, the dude asked "has there been any update on his injury progression?"  The answer to that is yes, actually there was a recent, albeit unexciting update on his progression.  Maybe knock the espressos down to two, three a day tops. 

As stated by you....West is only 25, who's to say how this plays out. There aren't too many teams that will go away from a hot hand running back for an untried rookie 
Think this has to do more w Dixon being the better compliment for Trestman offense as a pass catcher.  west is prob a better between the tackles runner, but Trestmans offense needs a pass catcher to be effective.  It's also why Forsett got the first crack, but he's just too old now and ineffective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think this has to do more w Dixon being the better compliment for Trestman offense as a pass catcher.  west is prob a better between the tackles runner, but Trestmans offense needs a pass catcher to be effective.  It's also why Forsett got the first crack, but he's just too old now and ineffective.
Trestman certainly likes his backs to catch the football. Over his career as an OC or HC, here were the number of receptions for the receiving back each year:

59, 54, 87, 52, 69, 49, 73, 72, 91, 48, 74, 102, 45

That's an average of 67 receptions per season.

Ty Montgomery WR GB

Guy will be a star with GB. Devante Adam's can't drop passes and keep Montgomery off his tail
hmmmm. It's almost like I know what I'm talking about.

Just one game (so far) but I'll take what I can get  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm. It's almost like I know what I'm talking about.

Just one game (so far) but I'll take what I can get  :D
Don't you think Montgomery's good game was situational though? Only one healthy RB in Lacy. Montgomery took over Starks'  3rd down back role. They called up a RB from the practice squad for the Thursday night game. Maybe if he continues to line up as the 3rd down back or gets some time as the 3rd WR (Adams more than likely out Thursday night - concussion)

DJ Foster Pats.  Will take Dion Lewis not coming back or having a setback and then Foster will still have to leapfrog James White.  White has put up some good numbers but I still feel Foster is a better receiver and has better big play ability.  A lot of ifs that could pay dividends in the fantasy playoffs.  

DJ Foster Pats.  Will take Dion Lewis not coming back or having a setback and then Foster will still have to leapfrog James White.  White has put up some good numbers but I still feel Foster is a better receiver and has better big play ability.  A lot of ifs that could pay dividends in the fantasy playoffs.  
He actually got some stats last week.

KingPrawn said:
Don't you think Montgomery's good game was situational though? Only one healthy RB in Lacy. Montgomery took over Starks'  3rd down back role. They called up a RB from the practice squad for the Thursday night game. Maybe if he continues to line up as the 3rd down back or gets some time as the 3rd WR (Adams more than likely out Thursday night - concussion)
Yes but I think there is more to come. Montgomery is better than Adams IMO. May not be a "stud" but I think he could have real value in ppr as a flex at some point this season

Users who are viewing this thread