What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Give me a late year stud out of the clouds (1 Viewer)

I like the Paul Perkins call.

He's the guy picked by the new regime, has the talent, just needs the opportunity. Maybe it will happen with Jennings hurt and not showing much, Vereen out and the rest not very impressive.

Leonte Caroo hasn't been mentioned.  He has a chance to come on late like Parker did last year.  But it would be out of nowhere.
Big fan of Caroo. However, this would require the Dolphins to be competent, which has been a tall order for them this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Paul Perkins call.

He's the guy picked by the new regime, has the talent, just needs the opportunity. Maybe it will happen with Jennings hurt and not showing much, Vereen out and the rest not very impressive.
The new regime? Coach and gm were both there last year

Josh Doctson...assuming he gets shut down for a couple weeks and comes back healthy.  There are aging WRs there and he was getting targets when he did play.  

Josh Doctson...assuming he gets shut down for a couple weeks and comes back healthy.  There are aging WRs there and he was getting targets when he did play.  
I like Doctson too, but there are two concerns I have. 1) he plays in the slot which is the same position as Crowder (who has been fantastic so far this season), and 2) arthritis may "calm down" with rest but it's not something that can be cured or healed, it will always be there and will be a matter of proper management. That could mean reduced practice schedules or sitting out plays or perhaps games in the future (just like what we see happening now).

@Dr. Brew may have better insight into this, should he wish to opine. 

Corey Coleman...Had one monster week then got injuried.  Was expected to miss a lot of time, but seems like he may be back in a couple weeks.  With Josh Gordon completely out of the picture, he will be the man in Cleveland.  

I like Doctson too, but there are two concerns I have. 1) he plays in the slot which is the same position as Crowder (who has been fantastic so far this season), and 2) arthritis may "calm down" with rest but it's not something that can be cured or healed, it will always be there and will be a matter of proper management. That could mean reduced practice schedules or sitting out plays or perhaps games in the future (just like what we see happening now).

Everything I see about him is his Achilles is still sore. I haven't read anything about arthritis. That would be odd if he had arthritic changes in his 20s, unless there was a significant previous injury. If there is arthritis, yes it will never go away. They can try microfracture but that's only temporary for a few years. 

What's significant about this injury is that the Gastrocnemius, which is the main muscle that feeds into the Achilles, is responsible for an enormous amount of force. It's a huge driver in propelling you forward. A recent research study showed that just walking you use 70% max effort of your Gastroc. Crazy! Needless to say, that study blew my mind. The point of this is, it's a very important muscle complex for running, jumping, cutting. It needs rest. 

I'd be concerned that he is still having a significant issue with this, and the medical staff seems confused as well. However from what I can tell he hasn't gotten a huge rest either. If they want him fully healthy they should shut him down for 3-4 weeks, even boot him. I think he could be a good contributor later in the season if he can get over this. For right now I think he could be safe on your ww unless you have deep bench leagues but he's an intriguing option.

Long term risk is an Achilles rupture which is career threatening. So look for Washington to be cautious with this young talent. 

Edit: since it's been this long technically it's not a tendinitis, it's tendinosis, which means healing just hasn't occurred and it's now a condition of the Achilles not just inflammation. That being said, a few treatment options come to mind but you're talking about a procedure (not technically surgery) then being in a boot for 2-4 weeks, and further recovery needed after that... Maybe 6 weeks total of down time. But that's more intervention than just rest

Doctson plays in the slot?

Doctson plays in the slot?
No, he can play the slot but was drafted as the long term replacement for Garcon and Jackson on the outside.  He's been used in very limited packages, almost all on the outside and goaline situations, due to the presence of Jackson, Crowder, and Garcon as well as all the time he's missed.  

I don't see Doctson being an impact player in FF this year but it has nothing to do with playing in the slot behind Crowder.  That's not accurate.

No, he can play the slot but was drafted as the long term replacement for Garcon and Jackson on the outside.  He's been used in very limited packages, almost all on the outside and goaline situations, due to the presence of Jackson, Crowder, and Garcon as well as all the time he's missed.  

I don't see Doctson being an impact player in FF this year but it has nothing to do with playing in the slot behind Crowder.  That's not accurate.
That was my point... not a slot guy.

Ty Montgomery WR GB

Guy will be a star with GB. Devante Adam's can't drop passes and keep Montgomery off his tail
I think Jared Abbrederis is ahead of him and will get the first crack. 

He runs polished routes and knows where to be. 

Montgomery would be the guy if Cobb went down tho. 

I think Jared Abbrederis is ahead of him and will get the first crack. 

He runs polished routes and knows where to be. 

Montgomery would be the guy if Cobb went down tho. 
I'm a big Abby fan, in fact I had his name down before changing it to Montgomery. I think he will be a great possession wr guy, but Adam's runs a lot of the go routes and back corner endzone. That's not how I see Abby used but I do agree, one of those two has potential to be huge

I vote either Jalen Richard or Washington for Oakland. Speculation, but i bet Latavious's upright running finally breaks him down at some point this year. Then, one of these two will get the bulk of carries behind that O line and be a season winner. 

Dion Lewis still on the wire in a few of my leagues.  Rawls as well, who has already been mentioned. Both guys who are hurt and have guys running well in front of them, but will likely get touches when they get back, and even if they don't have the starting role, are pretty great handcuffs to own.

Cowboysfan8 said:
I'm dropping Josh Gordon so I will have room to add someone. My ww is picked dry like I'd imagine everyone else's is. 

Someone give me a ww player that is going to emerge and kill it down the stretch that noone is talking about at all, or maybe even never heard of. 
Josh Gordon and Cleveland cutting ties could be a blessing for Gordon owners, if it turns out that he didn't fail any new tests than he could actually be signed by a team with a QB after his little rehab stint.

Beyond him I'd say Caroo, Rawls if he was cut and Siemian who has done nothing but improve every week so far.

Josh Gordon? Still? Give it up man, do you not learn from past experiences or something? Gordon is trash, those who have hope for him, I can not trust their opinion.

K Wright!!!! look what he did his 2nd year in the league. had a hiccup last year and got hurt and had a bad year.Sharpe has not been what some had hoped for. I'll be watching Wright close over the next game or 2. He could be a good Wr 2/3 down the stretch.

Paul Perkins

best tools at rb on the roster and outdoor games in jersey in the fantasy playoffs mean he might get carries, IF he can pick up the system and block 

Deep league flier, but he's looked decent so far (and stayed healthy) and already playing decent snap % (with upside for more if ARob/Hurns hurt) on a team that hasnt been able to run thru 3 weeks = Marqise Lee

Thomas Rawls
This is who I grabbed. Even if you believe C Mike keeps the carries.  You can't get a much better handcuff than Rawls at the moment, who not only could plug in if C Mike struggles or gets injured, but also could outright get his job back without that happening.

K Wright!!!! look what he did his 2nd year in the league. had a hiccup last year and got hurt and had a bad year.Sharpe has not been what some had hoped for. I'll be watching Wright close over the next game or 2. He could be a good Wr 2/3 down the stretch.

He was my pick-up after dropping Josh Gordon this week. Then again, my waiver wire is plucked nearly clean.

I'm with you, though. Seems like he'll immediately become the top target on that team.

No mention of Eli Rogers yet? The WR2 position is ripe for the taking with Markus Wheaton really stinking it up in his return. Sammie Coates' drops are an issue, too. Eli looks like the second coming of Antonio Brown and may secure the #2 WR spot on a high scoring team.
As long as his turf toe doesn't nag.

He's a Patriot. Is this a serious question? 

Apparently you've never met Deion Branch, who was abducted by aliens. We finally knew he had knee surgery in the off-season. 

Injury reporting shenanigans is one reason I try to never draft any Patriots players if I can help it. You won't get a report on Branch until you see him standing on the sidelines with a helmet on. 

And even then he'll be listed as "questionable, shoulder, knee, spleen"
Actually there was a report on him yesterday that he was seen walking around with zero issues.

Actually there was a report on him yesterday that he was seen walking around with zero issues.
And? Was he suited up? Cuttting? Doing drills? No - he was walking around, allegedly. Not sure what this proves. 

Rob Gronkowski was active and starting last week - remind me, how many fantasy points did he put up in his 3 snaps of game action? 

:rolleyes:

Clearly you're not familiar with the patriots & injuries. Bears & Pats = worst when it comes to "gamesmanship" (professional bullsh!tting) 

Pretty good start today....I picked him up this morning and put him in my line up, should be good again next week
Yes, but as stated already before, his time is limited by Dixon returning. Dixon is the better long term player for Baltimore.

The Raiders coaches seem to really trust Jalen Richard.   He's in on 3rd down in the 4th quarter in close games.   He's getting carries on 4th and short.  He's a rookie and has made two big plays in his first four games with limited opportunity.  Washington fumbled today too. 

I vote either Jalen Richard or Washington for Oakland. Speculation, but i bet Latavious's upright running finally breaks him down at some point this year. Then, one of these two will get the bulk of carries behind that O line and be a season winner. 
This is who I'm going with. I already had Richard but someone drop Washington on Thursday and I was able to get him. 

beerbuff said:
Yes, but as stated already before, his time is limited by Dixon returning. Dixon is the better long term player for Baltimore.
As stated by you....West is only 25, who's to say how this plays out. There aren't too many teams that will go away from a hot hand running back for an untried rookie 

Users who are viewing this thread