What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gmail Help (1 Viewer)

Zod

Footballguy
I have a client who emailed me a 250 page PDF document via google drive and my work compliance will not allow me to open it.  When sent to my personal email address (also gmail) I can open and view.  I don't have the ink and paper to print out at home and need to print at my office.  Any ideas how to do this?  I tried saving the file at home and sending back to my work but it also goes as a google drive folder.

Maybe Zip it and resend that way?

Worst case scenario email it to a FedEx Office type place, have them print it and expense it through work.

ETA: why in the world do you need to PRINT a 250 pg document anyways?  We don't need to print the Internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
put it on a usb drive. if one isn't available, use your phone as a drive and download it there. if you plug your phone in to a computer/laptop using usb cable, you get the option to do so. iPhone may be more difficult, i would'nt know.

or

do you have Web access to your work email? use that to email the file from your personal laptop to yourself. it's doing the Google Drive link because you're using gmail. the 25MB limit is gmail specific. if you use a different email client, like Yahoo, then you won't have that problem. you can sign up for a yahoo email account in like 2 minutes if needed.

Adobe also has a file ---> reduce file size option

or you could try this

Download at home

FILE ---> Print ----> Printer (Adobe PDF)

Then select like page 1-100  (pick whatever end number you want) to get the size down.

Then print to PDF 101-200 

etc.

Then email the 3 segments 

or you could try this

Download at home

Then select like page 1-100  (pick whatever end number you want) to get the size down.

etc.

This is what I was going to suggest. Break it up until smaller documents using print to PDF.

or you could try this

Download at home

etc.

No adobe on my home computer as Adobe PDF not an option when I go to print

put it on a usb drive. if one isn't available, use your phone as a drive and download it there. if you plug your phone in to a computer/laptop using usb cable, you get the option to do so. iPhone may be more difficult, i would'nt know.

or

do you have Web access to your work email? use that to email the file from your personal laptop to yourself. it's doing the Google Drive link because you're using gmail. the 25MB limit is gmail specific. if you use a different email client, like Yahoo, then you won't have that problem. you can sign up for a yahoo email account in like 2 minutes if needed.
I tried sending file to my son's school email (non yahoo) but when he tried to email back it still was going as google drive.

Maybe Zip it and resend that way?

Worst case scenario email it to a FedEx Office type place, have them print it and expense it through work.

ETA: why in the world do you need to PRINT a 250 pg document anyways?  We don't need to print the Internet.
Bravo.

i feel like you skipped the downlaod portion of the instructions

you zip the downlaoded file ---- not the email

Client requested I print out and mail to them and 3 others.   
WTF?  But why??!?    For all 1,000 pieces of paper to collect dust on a shelf somewhere?  They EMAIL it to you so you can print for them and pay to ship it to them? These other 3 people don’t have computers?  Strange. 

A lot of corporate e-mail filters block .zip file attachements. I usually just change the extension to “.piz” and have the recipient change it back on their end. You should be able to compress a 25 mb PDF as well. 

These PDFs aren't scanned images, right? If not, you can try saving the PDF as a 250 page word.doc, that might reduce the size.

Users who are viewing this thread