What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

Still have it.  Stopped by the Dr's office on friday and he prescribed an anti-inflammatory.  My diet has always been pretty good and I'm not overweight. I don't eat fast food and I rarely eat red meat.  Currently at 205 and would love to be 195.  That is the current goal.   It has to be the booze.  I'm not under a lot of stress. 

p.s. - oh yea...i'm also getting old

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have it.  Stopped by the Dr's office on friday and he prescribed an anti-inflammatory.  My diet has always been pretty good and I'm not overweight. I don't eat fast food and I rarely eat red meat.  Currently at 205 and would love to be 195.  That is the current goal.   It has to be the booze.  I'm not under a lot of stress. 

Confirmed. :wub:

If food and booze were the cause of gout, a #### ton of people in 'merica would have gout. 

- a guy who knows a few things about gout 

My daughter can't ride a bike yet. She's 8. I'm not losing sleep over it, one less way to get hurt. I figure soon enough she'll just get on and ride because I hear it's just like riding a bike. 

My daughter can't ride a bike yet. She's 8. I'm not losing sleep over it, one less way to get hurt. I figure soon enough she'll just get on and ride because I hear it's just like riding a bike. 
It took my son forever to learn.  Once he did he couldn't get enough of it.  

Having the same issue with my daughter, also 8.  I'm not forcing it, she'll do it when she really wants to.

Oldest daughter was always late - swimming, riding bike etc. Our 2nd was much faster cause her older sister was doing those things. 

Took my 9 year old awhile, I think he was 6 or 7 before he really got it down.  He’s good now 

6 (about to be 7) year old is ok but a bit wobbly still, wouldn’t trust him for a long bike ride

5 year old can’t even figure out how to pedal and flat out refuses to let me help him

theyd all rather just play Xbox anyway

Took my daughter about 35 seconds to start riding without training wheels when she was 5.  I've hid that factoid from her much older brothers who didn't quite grasp the concept with the same ease.

She's a freak, though.  Her balance is unreal and for a little pint-size nothing, she can swing around the monkey bars forwards, backwards, racing around them like a chimp.  Same kid scored 4 goals in the first 10 minutes of a soccer game then refused to go back into the game because she had a "throat ache".  She also threatened to smash her teammate's face because that teammate stole the ball away from her.  :oldunsure:

Oldest daughter was always late - swimming, riding bike etc. Our 2nd was much faster cause her older sister was doing those things. 
Best way to get an older kid to leanr to ride a bike is to get them around their friends that are riding bikes. My daughter was super resistant until last summer when she was 8. Her neighborhood friends started riding bikes and all of a sudden my daughter was into it and riding within a couple of days.

Took my daughter about 35 seconds to start riding without training wheels when she was 5. 

same.  she might have even been 4.  we were at a neighbor's house, he had one of those, pedal-less bikes.  she got on it, and just went like a bat out of hell.  scared the crap out of me. she's crazy athletic, but pretty much hates team sports.

Took my daughter about 35 seconds to start riding without training wheels when she was 5.  I've hid that factoid from her much older brothers who didn't quite grasp the concept with the same ease.

She's a freak, though.  Her balance is unreal and for a little pint-size nothing, she can swing around the monkey bars forwards, backwards, racing around them like a chimp.  Same kid scored 4 goals in the first 10 minutes of a soccer game then refused to go back into the game because she had a "throat ache".  She also threatened to smash her teammate's face because that teammate stole the ball away from her.  :oldunsure:
Can she skate?  Get her into hockey.  If she's athletic and aggressive she'll excel and get all teh scholarships.

You people are all just taunting me now, aren't you?
My 13yr old daughter cannot ride a bike. If I’ve done the math right, I figure she should be buying me houses in about 15 more years.

Been telling her for years she’d be the one to take care of me when I’m ancient (unbeknownst to her, been telling her brother the same thing too...)

You should find a place to buy weed.

I hear it helps with medical issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dodgeball on ESPN2 right now. England vs some other country. Even have a logo on the screen that says “ESPN 8 The OCHO”

Nice :lol:

This morning I figured out where the dripping sound in the basement was coming from. The drain tube from one of our split ac units was routed above the edge of the finished basement ceiling, and not connected to anything. They ran the pipe right up to the back side of a floor joist so you can't see that it isn't connected to anything. That means the ac drains onto a structural beam and then drips down onto the drywall ceiling and down inside the wall. WTF MAN?!?! Who does that?!?!

mrip541 said:
This morning I figured out where the dripping sound in the basement was coming from. The drain tube from one of our split ac units was routed above the edge of the finished basement ceiling, and not connected to anything. They ran the pipe right up to the back side of a floor joist so you can't see that it isn't connected to anything. That means the ac drains onto a structural beam and then drips down onto the drywall ceiling and down inside the wall. WTF MAN?!?! Who does that?!?!
How does the township inspector miss something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread