What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

you know how when you're watching national sporting events & the camera somehow manages to find all the good looking people... why is it when i'm watching this Packers game tonight do they find (1) an old friend of mine who is completely schnockered and (2) a gal wearing a shirt that says "MAMA BEAR" who is actually bigger than a real bear

you know how when you're watching national sporting events & the camera somehow manages to find all the good looking people... why is it when i'm watching this Packers game tonight do they find (1) an old friend of mine who is completely schnockered and (2) a gal wearing a shirt that says "MAMA BEAR" who is actually bigger than a real bear
I’m assuming it’s a home game?

You're expecting a response other than, "They did find all the good looking people"?

I don't know.  Not a huge participant in this thread, but still find the new title kinda sad.  :kicksrock:    I mean, tradition, y'know?

Update:  we now have 3 open bottles of shampoo, 5 open bottles of conditioner and 1 bottle of shampoo/conditioner in our shower

:mellow:

note: some are different brands / varieties but I’m about 99% sure there’s no real difference between any of them 

also this does not count any kids shampoo/body wash

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought NFL Game Pass through a Brazilian vpn connection (it’s cheaper and offers more than US subscription) and it was awesome last night.  You can stream 4 games and/or Red Zone at the same time including switching audio from one to another.  It was like being at a Sports Book last night if it wasn’t preseason.

Question about TPA. I'm going to be in Tampa at the Westin 1st week of October for business. We're done around noon on Friday and there are two flights back to Dulles - one departing at 1:50 and the other at 7:11. I've never flown through Tampa (I don't think, anyway). The Westin is supposed to be 15 minutes from the terminal. I should be able to make that 1:50 flight, right? If it was Atlanta, I wouldn't even try to cut it that close. You think I can make it from drop off to boarding in an hour on a Friday afternoon?

Question about TPA. I'm going to be in Tampa at the Westin 1st week of October for business. We're done around noon on Friday and there are two flights back to Dulles - one departing at 1:50 and the other at 7:11. I've never flown through Tampa (I don't think, anyway). The Westin is supposed to be 15 minutes from the terminal. I should be able to make that 1:50 flight, right? If it was Atlanta, I wouldn't even try to cut it that close. You think I can make it from drop off to boarding in an hour on a Friday afternoon?
Most likely assuming there’s no crazy stuff going on.  Bridge traffic at that time shouldn’t be bad (especially heading back into Tampa).  It’s an easy airport to get in and out of.  We gonna get together or what?  Not heading out until late October myself so I’ll be around. I work just on the other side of the airport.

ETA:  Just make sure you’re checked in more than a few hours earlier and shouldn’t have any issues at TPA

Most likely assuming there’s no crazy stuff going on.  Bridge traffic at that time shouldn’t be bad (especially heading back into Tampa).  It’s an easy airport to get in and out of.  We gonna get together or what?  Not heading out until late October myself so I’ll be around. I work just on the other side of the airport.

ETA:  Just make sure you’re checked in more than a few hours earlier and shouldn’t have any issues at TPA
Thanks, GB. You mean "checked in" remotely, right? I'm thinking I can jump off the shuttle from the hotel by about 12:20 or so, and that the flight will start boarding at 1:20. 

Complicating this is that are three others going with me from my office. They are toying with both driving and (two of them) motorcycling down there. I'm certainly flying, but one of the guys has never flown before so I'll have to keep watch on him because I can already tell he's nervous if driving gets dropped. If the others DO fly, I'm sure they'll have to check bags (I've become a master at carry-ons, even with nice clothes as long as the hotel has its #### together).

As for getting together, I don't have the agenda yet. I know there's traditionally usually one afternoon/evening when it's fun time (golf, fishing, etc...) which I could always beg out of. We've got new folks in charge this year, so I'm not sure how that's gonna play out yet. Do you know what your schedule is like that week?

Thanks, GB. You mean "checked in" remotely, right? I'm thinking I can jump off the shuttle from the hotel by about 12:20 or so, and that the flight will start boarding at 1:20. 

Complicating this is that are three others going with me from my office. They are toying with both driving and (two of them) motorcycling down there. I'm certainly flying, but one of the guys has never flown before so I'll have to keep watch on him because I can already tell he's nervous if driving gets dropped. If the others DO fly, I'm sure they'll have to check bags (I've become a master at carry-ons, even with nice clothes as long as the hotel has its #### together).

As for getting together, I don't have the agenda yet. I know there's traditionally usually one afternoon/evening when it's fun time (golf, fishing, etc...) which I could always beg out of. We've got new folks in charge this year, so I'm not sure how that's gonna play out yet. Do you know what your schedule is like that week?
Yes. Check in remotely.  I should be in the office all that week and it sounds like FEMA work for me up in your neck of the woods is less likely since my buddy in Calverton has better automated inspection assignments.

Osaurus said:
I bought NFL Game Pass through a Brazilian vpn connection (it’s cheaper and offers more than US subscription) and it was awesome last night.  You can stream 4 games and/or Red Zone at the same time including switching audio from one to another.  It was like being at a Sports Book last night if it wasn’t preseason.
What's wrong with pre-season in the sports book?  :oldunsure:

how much does ESPN pay these Little League coaches to play it cool?

in my years of baseball from tee ball to age 15 i don't remember a single coach being as calm as these guys. maybe it's because Wisconsin and our coaches were always drunk but.... come on

Midweek, last minute flight across the country for a funeral for a parent's sibling with whom you were never close. Dickish to not go? It's freakin expensive, but it wouldn't be a hardship or anything. 

Midweek, last minute flight across the country for a funeral for a parent's sibling with whom you were never close. Dickish to not go? It's freakin expensive, but it wouldn't be a hardship or anything. 
It wouldn't be dickish not to, but I'd go.  Faced a similar situation a few months ago when my stepmother's somewhat racist mother died.  My stepmother told me I shouldn't feel at all obligated to go, and the flight cost was insane, but I went and was glad I was there for her and the rest of the non-racist part of the family.  If the parent in question is still alive, you go for them, not for the person to whom you weren't close.

Users who are viewing this thread