What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

I hope she's getting paid by Taco Bell.  It seems like a commercial for them.

God I love Taco Bell.
She just really loves Taco Bell. :lol:   I don't use Twitter but had seen her posts on Facebook for the last eight months.  On those posts, she does a full review of whatever the baby is being compared to.  She hasn't liked a few of them, so I guess TB wouldn't want to pay for those.  I don't know how they discovered this, but her husband just posted the link today.

Student names alert.

I do not have her but met her today:

Cambria.

1. Cambria is a beach community 2 hours from here.  Very cool place on the central coast.  An FBG owns a brewery there. @Inhiding

B. Semi know her extended family and a Coheed and Cambria joke would be miles above their heads.

Also I had a student added to my class:

Topanga

Last edited by a moderator:
Student names alert.

Cambria.

1. Cambria is a beach community 2 hours from here.  Very cool place on the central coast.  An FBG owns a brewery there. @Inhiding

B. Semi know her extended family and a Coheed and Cambria joke would be miles above their heads.

Topanga
Cambria is also a winery - I like one of their Chardonnays but can't remember if it's the one with "layers of tropical fruit, white peach and a hint of creme brûlée" or with "orange blossom and lemon zest with hints of honey and graham cracker on the nose."

It wouldn't be dickish not to, but I'd go.  Faced a similar situation a few months ago when my stepmother's somewhat racist mother died.  My stepmother told me I shouldn't feel at all obligated to go, and the flight cost was insane, but I went and was glad I was there for her and the rest of the non-racist part of the family.  If the parent in question is still alive, you go for them, not for the person to whom you weren't close.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I told you to go. That seems dumb now. 

how much does ESPN pay these Little League coaches to play it cool?

in my years of baseball from tee ball to age 15 i don't remember a single coach being as calm as these guys. maybe it's because Wisconsin and our coaches were always drunk but.... come on
Fun fact:  My city hosts the Little League Intermediate World Series (the next step for kids after Williamsport) and our local team won their district granting an automatic berth into the tournament.  They are expected to lose their first two games and be out, but this team was good.  The team they beat out in the district almost went on to win the west.  They ended up winning the US bracket after beating a Florida team.  The starting pitcher threw 98 pitches and gave up one hit before needing to be replaced due to pitch count at the last batter. 

My neighbor across the street was one of the assistant coaches and his son was on the team, so we got a bit of an inside scoop on everything.  The Korea team on the other end of the bracket was untouchable, so the coaches decided to start some of the players that hadn't gotten much playing time so that they would get the ESPN intro.  ESPN was not at all cool with this and as soon as the starting lineup was submitted the night before they were blowing up all of the coaches' phones trying to get them to reconsider their lineup and be sure to get the previous night's pitcher into the starting lineup.  They refused, but ESPN was apparently making some serious threats. 

Korea ended up dominating them, as they did the international bracket, but it was a fun thing to experience for the community and our street in particular.  My son who worships Buster Posey said that he's been replaced by our neighbor as his favorite baseball player.  :lol:

Cambria is also a winery - I like one of their Chardonnays but can't remember if it's the one with "layers of tropical fruit, white peach and a hint of creme brûlée" or with "orange blossom and lemon zest with hints of honey and graham cracker on the nose."
It’s also the name of the quartz desktop I have in my office.

Student names alert.

Cambria.

Topanga
Does she look like a trilobite?

mr. furley said:
at a beer fest on Saturday ( @heckmanm ) and i see a guy with a shirt on that says "I KNOW TANNER".

tried getting a picture of him but was too drunk to keep up
Related: I saw a guy Friday night in a Chico's Bail Bonds jersey - maybe a Chicago TBS'er? IIRC he was talking with TT and OC

Users who are viewing this thread