What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (6 Viewers)

Anxiously awaiting Guster's recap of the weekend in order to fill in some missing scenes in my memory.
:goodposting:

When we were at the airport getting ready to go home I went to use the bathroom before boarding. When I came out Mrs. SLB was waiting for me with my Bud in hand from the bar. As we were walking to our gate, me drinking my beer, I see a cute lady cop. I smile and wink at her as we walked by and she smiled back. A full 20 seconds later as we were way past her I hear "Sir! Sir!" and I pretended not to believe it was me she was talking to. She finally jogs me down and says, with a smile, "please tell me that's a rootbeer you're drinking". I kind of laughed, said no and asked if I could finish it. She said yes and we were on our way. If I would have known it was wrong to walk around the airport with a bottle of beer....

My Dad was at the house with the boys and I was showing him cat shirt pics from the trip as we had a beer. I didn't realize that the boys were looking as well. He leaves and an hour or so later this happens.

Cal: Dad, how come you didn't call us everyday like mom did?

Dylan: Did you see the pictures? He was busy with girls!

Anxiously awaiting Guster's recap of the weekend in order to fill in some missing scenes in my memory.
:goodposting:

When we were at the airport getting ready to go home I went to use the bathroom before boarding. When I came out Mrs. SLB was waiting for me with my Bud in hand from the bar. As we were walking to our gate, me drinking my beer, I see a cute lady cop. I smile and wink at her as we walked by and she smiled back. A full 20 seconds later as we were way past her I hear "Sir! Sir!" and I pretended not to believe it was me she was talking to. She finally jogs me down and says, with a smile, "please tell me that's a rootbeer you're drinking". I kind of laughed, said no and asked if I could finish it. She said yes and we were on our way. If I would have known it was wrong to walk around the airport with a bottle of beer....

My Dad was at the house with the boys and I was showing him cat shirt pics from the trip as we had a beer. I didn't realize that the boys were looking as well. He leaves and an hour or so later this happens.

Cal: Dad, how come you didn't call us everyday like mom did?

Dylan: Did you see the pictures? He was busy with girls!
Awesome. :lmao:

My first night all alone was a real doozy. After coaching Coop's basketball team to a riveting two point defeat, I dropped them off and went home. There I was greeted by our fat cat who reminded me very vocally that he was out of food; something I promised my wife I'd buy when I dropped her off at the harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrport at 5am.

So I got back in my car, headed to the nearby Petsmart, went to park and noticed a BMW SUV parked diagonally across two spots. It was pretty late and the lot rather empty, but still, I felt it was my obligation to go into the store and see if I could find the dipstick who parked like that. I wandered around and it was pretty clear who the violator was. Because I'm loathe to stereotype, I won't name names of the race or gender, but it just might rhyme with raisian mady. Paid for the urinary tract health food in straight cash, got my receipt, walked out to my car and before leaving, wrote a sweet little note on the back of the receipt that said "Nice Parking" with a smilie face. Didn't want to be too mean and ask them not to breed, but still....it's my duty to inform bad parkers of their bad parking.

Went home, fed my cat, then took a $50 gift card to a nice, nearby seafood joint where I sat up at the bar, ordered happy hour food, had two nice Fort George Beers, chatted with the old bartender who's been there forever, read and enjoyed the night like any 40ish white dude who's life is about to be turned up on its ear.

Came home, went straight to bed, didn't even turn on TV or make any crock pot chicken. Was asleep by 10:30.

6 more nights of this. I plan to document every one of them in pain staking detail unless you balloonheads start livening this place up!

My first night all alone was a real doozy. After coaching Coop's basketball team to a riveting two point defeat, I dropped them off and went home. There I was greeted by our fat cat who reminded me very vocally that he was out of food; something I promised my wife I'd buy when I dropped her off at the harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrport at 5am.

So I got back in my car, headed to the nearby Petsmart, went to park and noticed a BMW SUV parked diagonally across two spots. It was pretty late and the lot rather empty, but still, I felt it was my obligation to go into the store and see if I could find the dipstick who parked like that. I wandered around and it was pretty clear who the violator was. Because I'm loathe to stereotype, I won't name names of the race or gender, but it just might rhyme with raisian mady. Paid for the urinary tract health food in straight cash, got my receipt, walked out to my car and before leaving, wrote a sweet little note on the back of the receipt that said "Nice Parking" with a smilie face. Didn't want to be too mean and ask them not to breed, but still....it's my duty to inform bad parkers of their bad parking.

Went home, fed my cat, then took a $50 gift card to a nice, nearby seafood joint where I sat up at the bar, ordered happy hour food, had two nice Fort George Beers, chatted with the old bartender who's been there forever, read and enjoyed the night like any 40ish white dude who's life is about to be turned up on its ear.

Came home, went straight to bed, didn't even turn on TV or make any crock pot chicken. Was asleep by 10:30.

6 more nights of this. I plan to document every one of them in pain staking detail unless you balloonheads start livening this place up!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SOMEBODY GET FIRED OR DIVORCED OR PREGNANT OR SOMETHING!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SOMEBODY GET FIRED OR DIVORCED OR PREGNANT OR SOMETHING!
Tonight I coach soccer practice and then I'm taking my boys AND my parents out for dinner. slitz bout to get real, yo.

Last edited by a moderator:
JFC my kid is in an argument with another kid at school, the other kid pushes my kid and my kid hits him back. He get's sent home with a Problem Solving Form. I talked to the teacher that saw it and yep the other kid started the physical altercation but that doesn't matter....SMH.

JFC my kid is in an argument with another kid at school, the other kid pushes my kid and my kid hits him back. He get's sent home with a Problem Solving Form. I talked to the teacher that saw it and yep the other kid started the physical altercation but that doesn't matter....SMH.
Flag always gets thrown on the guy who retaliates. It is known.

Yeah I get it...still f'ing stupid when the teacher watched the whole thing saw the other kid start it but tagged them both.

Seems to me he fixed the problem. :shrug:
That's not acceptable. We must use words....which is how it got physical in the first place. :wall:

You new to the modern world?
No still not any less stupid.

Now my kid isn't an angel and is a total smart ### so he's getting tagged for that at home but I can't and won't punish him for sticking up for himself if someone starts something physical with him.

Yeah I get it...still f'ing stupid when the teacher watched the whole thing saw the other kid start it but tagged them both.

That's not acceptable. We must use words....which is how it got physical in the first place. :wall:

Now my kid isn't an angel and is a total smart ### so he's getting tagged for that at home but I can't and won't punish him for sticking up for himself if someone starts something physical with him.
My kid's not there yet- but close... throwing this out there- does getting pushed have to mean retaliating with a punch? Or am I misinterpreting?

My kid's not there yet- but close... throwing this out there- does getting pushed have to mean retaliating with a punch? Or am I misinterpreting?
Getting pushed = use your words regardless. Mine choose to push with his elbows, almost a forearm shiver type of thing, and is unacceptable.

Punch first, ask questions later
Told the teacher and principle that I am not and will not punish my boys if they defend themselves. If they start it then it's a different story and justice will be swift and harsh but that's not how this went down.

I did have a conversation with him about his mouth and it getting him into a situation where a kid beats his ### (he's not big for his age) so he needs to knock it off with the mouth before he gets into a bad situation.

Hawks64: That's pretty much how it is today. As a parent and a teacher I don't agree with it at all. Unfortunately I don't really see it changing soon.

I had to deal with this same thing with both of my sons. About the only thing you can do is tell them:

"Smart people don't go around starting fights and hitting people. Use your brain instead of your fists. You also know that if you fight at school you can get in serious trouble. If you ever start a fight or physically attack somebody at school you will be in big trouble here at home too.

BUT you have a right to protect yourself if somebody puts their hands on you. Chances are you will get in trouble at school just for defending yourself or 'fighting back'. I think that's pretty ridiculous. If somebody gets physical with you or tries to hurt you I absolutely support your right to defend yourself. I'd rather you get suspended from school than let somebody beat you up."

Hawks64: That's pretty much how it is today. As a parent and a teacher I don't agree with it at all. Unfortunately I don't really see it changing soon.

I had to deal with this same thing with both of my sons. About the only thing you can do is tell them:

"Smart people don't go around starting fights and hitting people. Use your brain instead of your fists. You also know that if you fight at school you can get in serious trouble. If you ever start a fight or physically attack somebody at school you will be in big trouble here at home too.

BUT you have a right to protect yourself if somebody puts their hands on you. Chances are you will get in trouble at school just for defending yourself or 'fighting back'. I think that's pretty ridiculous. If somebody gets physical with you or tries to hurt you I absolutely support your right to defend yourself. I'd rather you get suspended from school than let somebody beat you up."
That's how we have always approached it. This time around his mouth is the ultimate cause and was the reason why the other kid pushed him, which is why he's in some trouble at home. This is like the trouble he would be in at home if he was being a smart ### and then started pushing the other kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
serious question- what qualifies as "putting their hands on you"?
To me it's someone that is getting physically aggressive with someone else, regardless of whether it's punching/slapping/pushing. In this case I think it would have really not gone beyond a couple of pushes but it is what it is.

I guess it's time to have The Talk with my son. He brought home a permission slip for sex ed.

Charity crawfish boil with AngryWife and PRCouple tomorrow. Pregaming with a few margaritas. Should be good and ####hammered.

It's also AngryWife's birthday, so I've got the band ready to call her on stage to play a zydeco version of Happy Birthday. Should be awful. I'm excited.

Users who are viewing this thread